Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    We could post our daily goals here and keep our total in our own heads and then post how many we achieved!….I think just posting them helps!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    This is an example sheet to tinker with, with everyone having their own tab at the bottom.

Each new day is at the top inserting and pushing the rest. First three or four rows would have to be protected so that they don't get pushed down... anyway... lots of editing.

But no way around having to select your tab, update it, capture it, and then post it.

Here is what 5 individual posts by Skylar, Bella, Laurie, PAV and Connie might look like:
    tnma12w7lwqi.png

ueej8f7gban9.png

00s48wz573h8.png

kbjgdha3lsda.png

xqeyp1svcb7g.png

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Pav - it all gets more exciting when you add add "no rodents"!

But, alas, I am happy with the daily check in - and would be happy posting my own weekly total's on Sunday night. I agree with @tinkerbellang83 - it actually makes it seem more competitive with myself - less competitive with each other. And its a whole lotta less work.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 7

✅ - 6/week - take 15,000 steps. 15,238
    ❎ - Daily - aim for a calorie deficit. 2,293 over. Yes. That is correct. Not a typo. Don't think I'm done yet :( .
    ✅ - 6/week - Up early - walk first thing.

- Weekly - calorie deficit +7,000 (bumping this up for the month). 621.
    - Weekly - total steps +105,000. 96,298.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Official weigh day: Saturday.
    Next weigh-in: Saturday 14th August.

Updating on today's accountabilities

✅ - Accomplished
    ❌ - Not Accomplished

My August daily accountabilities are:
    [1] Two walks of 30+ minutes per day ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅ - Yes, walk #1 was 48 minutes, walk #2 was 47 minutes (+ 30 minutes gravity yoga)
    [2] Keep calories between 1500 (+/-5) & 1800; ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅ - 1,500 today
    [3] Eat 4+ servings of fruit/veg; ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅ Yes, I had salad with lunch and loads of veggies with dinner
    [4] Drink at least 1.3 litres of water; ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅ Yes, 1.5 litres
    [5] Complete at least one set of targeted stretches for a problem muscle area ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅ Yes, full set of long hold passive stretches
    [6] Minimum 25g fibre ✅❌✅✅✅✅✅ Yes, 30g fibre today

My August monthly goals are:
    To cycle a minimum of 200km - 46.53 km so far in August
    To score 6/6 on my 6 daily accountabilities for the whole of August ❌ No, 7/8 days achieved because failed fibre goal on Tuesday.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options

✅ - Accomplished
    ❌ - Not Accomplished

[1] Two walks of 30+ minutes per day ✅ - Yes, walk #1 was 47 minutes, walk #2 was 45 minutes
    [2] Keep calories between 1500 (+/-5) & 1800; ✅ - 1,500 today
    [3] Eat 4+ servings of fruit/veg; ✅ Yes, I had salad with lunch, roasted veggies for dinner and a fresh fruit salad for dessert
    [4] Drink at least 1.3 litres of water; ✅ Yes, 1.4 litres
    [5] Complete at least one set of targeted stretches for a problem muscle area ✅ Yes, full set of long hold passive stretches
    [6] Minimum 25g fibre ✅ Yes, 36g fibre today

To score 6/6 on my 6 daily accountabilities for the whole of August ❌ No, 8/9 days achieved because failed fibre goal on 3rd.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options

✅ - Accomplished
    ❌ - Not Accomplished

[1] Two walks of 30+ minutes per day ✅✅ - Yes, walk #1 was 47 minutes, walk #2 was 45 minutes
    [2] Keep calories between 1500 (+/-5) & 1800; ✅✅ - 1,500 today
    [3] Eat 4+ servings of fruit/veg; ✅✅ Yes, I had homemade vegetable soup for lunch, salad with dinner, and fresh fruit salad for dessert
    [4] Drink at least 1.3 litres of water; ✅✅ Yes, 1.3 litres
    [5] Complete at least one set of targeted stretches for a problem muscle area ✅✅ Yes, full set of long hold passive stretches
    [6] Minimum 25g fibre ✅✅ Yes, 25g fibre today

To score 6/6 on my 6 daily accountabilities for the whole of August ❌ No, 9/10 days achieved because failed fibre goal on 3rd.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You're so green that my hamsters get jarred when they see the red!

How many grams of fiber have you averaged over the 10 days? Is the one "bad" day more than one standard deviation below the mean? :lol:

If it isn't, I vote (solely in the interest of a more environmentally friendly daily entry) that we wipe the red and turn it into a green "asterisk" ✳ :blush:

(ok, the asterisk ✳ was green on my computer screen... but not in the post!) :disappointed:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You're so green that my hamsters get jarred when they see the red!

How many grams of fiber have you averaged over the 10 days? Is the one "bad" day more than one standard deviation below the mean? :lol:

If it isn't, I vote (solely in the interest of a more environmentally friendly daily entry) that we wipe the red and turn it into a green "asterisk" ✳ :blush:

(ok, the asterisk ✳ was green on my computer screen... but not in the post!) :disappointed:

I agree! That one pesky ❌ that corrupts the beautiful field of green is due to 23g of fibre that day - rather than the required 25g.

Now perhaps Bella should have been shot at dawn for that. But the oasis of green should not suffer. Nor should the hamsters.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    My hamsters don't aspire to perfection, so they can live just fine with the pesky red cross - it provides variety in the otherwise dull and uninteresting sea of green. Tell your hamsters to chill!

✅ - Accomplished
    ❌ - Not Accomplished

[1] Two walks of 30+ minutes per day ✅✅✅ - Yes, walk #1 was 55 minutes, walk #2 was 50 minutes (+ 40 mins on the turbo trainer)
    [2] Keep calories between 1500 (+/-5) & 1800; ✅✅✅ - 1,501 today
    [3] Eat 4+ servings of fruit/veg; ✅✅✅ Yes, I had a banana with breakfast, homemade vegetable soup for lunch, a huge salad with dinner
    [4] Drink at least 1.3 litres of water; ✅✅✅ Yes, 2 litres
    [5] Complete at least one set of targeted stretches for a problem muscle area ✅✅✅ Yes, full set of long hold passive stretches
    [6] Minimum 25g fibre ✅✅✅ Yes, 36g fibre today

To cycle a minimum of 200km - 61.16 km so far in August
    To score 6/6 on my 6 daily accountabilities for the whole of August ❌ No, 10/11 days achieved because failed fibre goal on 3rd.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm being blinded by the turbo walking red crusader hamster!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'll be back.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Sedate your hamsters, the red cross of doom is still in evidence!

✅ - Accomplished
    ❌ - Not Accomplished

[1] Two walks of 30+ minutes per day ✅✅✅✅ - Yes, lots of exercise today!
    [2] Keep calories between 1500 (+/-5) & 1800; ✅✅✅✅ - 1,527 today
    [3] Eat 4+ servings of fruit/veg; ✅✅✅✅ Yes,lot of fruit and veg today
    [4] Drink at least 1.3 litres of water; ✅✅✅✅ Yes, 1.8 litres
    [5] Complete at least one set of targeted stretches for a problem muscle area ✅✅✅✅ Yes, full set of long hold passive stretches
    [6] Minimum 25g fibre ✅✅✅✅ Yes, 26g fibre today

To cycle a minimum of 200km - 73.96 km so far in August
    To score 6/6 on my 6 daily accountabilities for the whole of August ❌ No, 11/12 days achieved because failed fibre goal on 3rd.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The scarlet 🐹 will be apprehended 😲
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 12

Made it! Re-starting small.

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 16,784
    ✅ - Daily - aim for a calorie deficit. 927

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 13

❌ - take 15,000 steps. 6,020 :|
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 313
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Your twitchy hamsters will be glad to see I'm simplifying my goals. The daily goals were now firmly embedded - I'll start tracking them again if I start slipping back into the bad old habits.

So, unless I say otherwise, you can safely assume I'm weighing daily, measuring and logging my food, drinking my water, eating my fruits and veggies and doing my stretches.

So that leaves the two biggies, input and output. So the goals are:

1) Keep my daily calories between 1.495 and 1,800 (aiming ideally for the 'sweet spot' of 1,500 - 1.575)
    2) Walk 60+ minutes a day and cycle 50+ kilometers a week

Pleased to report I'm on track for both those goals today.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good for you, Bella!

I'm starting to find my groove again - but am going to add a sleep component to my daily goals. Input, output, and timeout :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 14

❌ - take 15,000 steps. 10,332 the shortening day caught me by surprise-was busy working, wrapped up to take the evening walk with the pretty one then realized it was getting dark. No way I was going out for an hour into the wilds of lowercity Hamilton in the dark :| (the pretty one is a bit too cocky - she'll take on anything. Some days I feel cocky too - not this day :) )
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 791
    ✅ - get 8 hours sleep. 8 hours 18 minutes WOOHOO!