Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Nice the two of them Laurie!

Felker's Falls? Devil's Punch Bowl? Mountain Brow Trail? (I'm being fed the info!)

In Fitbit app you can start the exercise activity with GPS; but dog starts stops and backtracks would confuse the *kittens* out of it when it comes to stride length. Best bet to calibrate would be an open 400m track or similar flat terrain of known distance and then having both gps and known length to see how things are going :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Railtrail between Wentworth and Mohawk stairs :) (for them that feed you) (and - you do well with finding them who will feed you!!)

I'm not really going to worry about the fitbit. It is what it is, and I was hoping it would simplify things, so I'm going to let it. It is fine if it isn't perfect - but it gives a way to keep track of my daily activity. Imprecise is okay.

I just have to expand my standard routes if I want to keep my steps up - and that is probably a very good thing.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 23

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 15,130
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit (fitbit number). 998
    ✅ - get 7 hours sleep. 12:00 - 8:00 (Fitbit logged 6hr 46min)

All these checkmarks are working! Gained weight every day of the last three days. :s

"believe in the system"

"believe in the system"

"believe in the system"
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You will drop don't worry! 🤯
  • PAV8888
    Options
    And we have the answer as to why you haven't dropped, Laurie, it's called exercise water retention!

Text with your location got back this text message: "Not for dogs or unhealthy people. It's about 60 flights of house grade stairs" "Tell them to look around Dundas castle and the botanical garden in that area. Multiple forest and waterfront natural walks in that area, much easier on the system"😂🤣😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    lol! You crack me up, PAV. But this is what I do every day? Why more water retention now? Won't I eventually explode if I keep filling up? Or were you thinking that I was walking those stairs? No No No. Just the trail between the stairs. Those stairs hurt doggy paws. I paint pictures of those stairs - not walk them! And I don't have a car - so I walk what is nearbyish. And the railtrail is the best in the area. Feels like I am not in the city most of the time.

Lately the view of or from the trail has inspired most of my paintings too. This one - titled "498 Stairs" doesn't show the trail really - but you can see the flights of stairs!

02411j0kt5fx.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    But I do believe I will drop. My admirable body is just trying its darnedest to hold onto every ounce it stored away - just in case we are going into a famine next, after the pandemic. I kind of admire its tenacity sometimes. (sometimes NOT) I think it is smarter than me and would probably do much better with money too.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm just in awe of the painting! Less so of the uphill downhill steps! Even though I admit that going uphill is kind of fun ❣️🤣
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Laurie that painting is so…..it just draws your eye to it….all of the details….I really like it….

my grandaughter is very artistic….she paints all the time….her mom let her paint pictures on her bedroom walls….they look good…..

I quilt lol
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    lol! You crack me up, PAV. But this is what I do every day?
    My source claims lots of situations where he chose to invest his bus fare in that last beer at the pub and then had to walk up the stairs to get home... which, I claim, explains why the beers did not use to end up in his gut!

Claims that this is a beautiful area to walk in, ancient trees and all that! Oh, yes, and impressed with the painting!:wink:

Stairs look very metallic and foreboding...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you both.

The stairs are very metallic and foreboding.

Mornings in Hamilton are synonymous with finding many people's rejected nourishment on the ground. Have to keep a close eye on the furry one. Your furry one finds mice to nosh on. Mine finds nourishment rejects, and chicken bones from wandering KFC consumers. Both smart pups. Have adapted well to existing conditions.

Though I wish i did tackle big hills on this trail - not at all - the trail follows the old train track route - so a very very gentle incline. Not noticeable when you are walking. But, you do have to watch out for the cyclists flying in the downward direction.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    If the trail was visible in the painting (which it isn't) it would pretty well align with the bottom. That slopey horizontal line is a "switch back" road going up "the mountain" (Hamilton speak there).
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I could have sworn I've been checking in? Maybe I have but haven't "posted" ???

Aug 24
    ✅ - take 15,000 steps. 16,268
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 960 because of all that walking.
    ✅ - get min 7 hours sleep. 11:19-6:51 (fitbit counted 6 hours 46 minutes)

Aug 25
    ✅ - take 15,000 steps. 16,206
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 819
    ✅ - get min 7 hours sleep. 12:25-6:35 (fitbit counted 5 hours 16 minutes)

Aug 26
    ❌ - take 15,000 steps. 11,322 rain storm hit - could have gone in the rain - but so busy yesterday.
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 898
    ✅ - get min 7 hours sleep. 10:42-7:15 (fitbit counted 7 hours 49 minutes)

Not a bad few days...scale was down a bit on Wednesday - but two pounds up from then this morning :# the torture, the torture!

But that's okay.

I have faith that the scale will catch up.

It has been such an easy few days on the food front (very busy on every other front). Brushing my tea three nights in a row, I have caught myself feeling kinda bad - because I didn't have that "virtuous" feeling that comes after a day of putting a lot of effort into tracking and eating properly. But then I remember "I did fine!"

I believe I'm channelling George Michael.

And that's okay too.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Scale check: hard unyielding floor, all feet intact and clean no bent/broken parts batteries not empty weight first with big jug of something and then without!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I would like to think it is the scale. But, I think it is the heat. And it would make sense??? Body holding onto extra water just in case I go on a crazy long walk at any moment? I think this theory makes sense. It brings me solace anyway.

Scale checks out on all points - though I didn't replace the batteries.

If I stay faithful - a very happy day will come soon. (probably something silly and ironic - the scale will drop the morning after a not so great day :) )
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I would like to think it is the scale. But, I think it is the heat. And it would make sense??? Body holding onto extra water just in case I go on a crazy long walk at any moment? I think this theory makes sense. It brings me solace anyway.

Scale checks out on all points - though I didn't replace the batteries.

If I stay faithful - a very happy day will come soon. (probably something silly and ironic - the scale will drop the morning after a not so great day :) )

I think my body likes my weight and it thinks I am in maintenance!….SMH…..my weight just sits there whether I exercise or not, get more steps or not, eat more or less!….243 this morning!….highest was 350 and lowest last June 19 was 240…. More stress earlier but a bit less now but still stuff going on….waiting for johns surgery date, doc thinks daughter might have a torn tendon and she is getting an MRI next week after she rolled her ankle in the school parking lot, Aliyah has a cold and her hyper dramatic dad thinks she has COVID and she is vaccinated….SMH….he is germ a phobic….sick of the heat, want to run a way from home….I know why people run a way!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie do you do any sculpting or metal work or wireframe? I've long had the idea of getting a specific face done using eyeglasses to provide the shape (there's a story there).... to my mind the shape would be outlined and then a metal construct would have to position them in place
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Connie - we appear to be in the same fine maintenance groove. :#

PAV - that sounds really interesting, and I have worked with wire - but no soldering/welding. Sounds like you might need that? But I'm not sure I'm seeing your idea in my mind.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So I have.... eyeglasses... just like the pair you're wearing.... an appreciable quantity. And I'm trying to build a particular "head"/"face"/"bust" if you will utilizing them in the construction. Think of you building a portrait of yourself using... glasses / frames. Only not of yourself :smile:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Very compelling idea. Enough frames to create a three dimensional outline of a life-size head - enough to have some inside also? Brain frames? Would have to be welded/soldered it sounds like?