Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Is that calorie level what you "order" or do they just assume you will snack around the meal plan?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Is that calorie level what you "order" or do they just assume you will snack around the meal plan?

Basically the meals are all around the same amount, the do sell snacks too, which I guess would bring it up to about 1400 if you had one each day. It's not a weight loss plan as such, just a "healthy" meal service which means mostly high protein, low fat meals and therefore lowish in calories. You can order any combination you like really though so could have 5 meals a day plus snacks if you really wanted.

Sorry I am rambling a bit, hope that made sense.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Made good sense. I'm thinking the plan would require a significant amount of "extras" if someone didn't want to be losing weight.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Made good sense. I'm thinking the plan would require a significant amount of "extras" if someone didn't want to be losing weight.

Yeah I mean even when losing weight when I am active I aim for about 2000 cals (not currently an issue lol) but I did add like a naan bread and poppadum to a curry and I guess you could add more veg or slice of garlic bread or something too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅✅✅✅✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅✅✅❌❌
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅✅✅✅✅
    Total so far: 11
    End of Week Total:/21

Another bad day for the walking it was lashing rain at lunchtime and when I got home I was going to use the exercise bike but forgot we had to call out to an 18th birthday party. Guess I will just make up for it with a longer walk over the weekend at some point.

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅✅✅✅✅✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅✅✅❌❌✅
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅✅✅✅✅✅
    Total so far: 16
    End of Week Total:/21

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 20
    I swear I did this this morning - but can't find it now. ????

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 15,175
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 1022
    ✅ - get 7 hours sleep. 11:21 - 8:29 Fitbit logged 8:04 hours. Was supposed to get up at 6:30, but rolled over and curled up with the furry one and have played catch up the whole day! It was worth it.
  • lauriekallis
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Aug 21

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 17,084
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 1,011
    ✅ - get 7 hours sleep. 11:50 - 7:03 (Fitbit logged 6hr 25min) Was out the door into the cool morning air in 10 minutes this morning! Woohoo.

I was doubting my fitbit step counter this week because I noticed that I have been recording much fewer steps on all of my usual routes. So I switched to a new fitbit that I've had tucked away in my desk drawer (bought it on sale and thought it would be good to have for when that day came that I lost or drowned my trusty Inspire 2).

I think perhaps my total steps have come up a bit from the changeover - but mostly I think that I my steps are lower because I am walking better.

I've been seeing an osteopath/kinesiologist to help me deal with issues from this freakin' shoulder - surgery is coming so slowly. He is good at what he does and has brought so much relief. I like to say "a whole pile of lumber worth of relief." Which is literal, not metaphorical. A pile of wood I've had in my back room (for some community street planters, benches and a CD shelf) has been become those items - and my garden has been weeded and transformed just for the heck of it - just because I could. For the past year the pain (mostly in my neck because the shoulder is beyond hurting now) was too intense and frightening for me to do anything but the absolute essentials.

This extraordinary person also noticed that my entire gait had been affected and has spent the past few months not only increasing the mobility of my upper body - but my hips and ankles. When I leave his office I have many times felt like I was at sea feeling for steady ground under my feet because everything was "off" almost to the point where I was stumbling (not unusual in my part of town :D )

But walking has become freer and easier. My arms are swinging again. To be honest I hadn't noticed that they had stopped.

So that might be the cause of my lower step count. I just hadn't noticed until it became extreme.

It's like trying to get your heart rate up gets harder and harder because you are more fit (or you quit smoking ... lol), and now I have to walk much further to get the same 15,000 steps.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅✅✅❌❌✅❌
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
    Total so far: 18
    End of Week Total:18/21

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    The resolution of gait issues is much more important than number of steps.

I've noticed a bit of an opposite effect I would say... going faster usually increases my step turn over which tends to shorten (within parameters) my stride as compared to a longer stride that i might maintain at a lower overall speed with a slower turn-over. *not sure that turn over is correct terminology...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm following your terminology. I'm not sure I am going faster - just covering more territory with each stride. With all the "sniffing" breaks - I can't really time my walks precisely, so I'm not sure how it has effected my speed. I do not I have to start walking further. Just go in over 15,000 today and I almost missed it by 200 - until I realized at 11:50 I was short so ran around the house. The walks I took today would have had me at ?? 17,000 a few weeks (or so) ago.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds then as if you may have adjusted your gait... which may make your fitbit more accurate since distance is a big part of the predicted caloric expenditure... and distance is based on an average stride length based on your height. So the current distances may (or may not) be more correct leading to a more correct guess by your Fitbit which you've noticed logging a bit high in the past.

Dogs are extremely annoying with all the interrupting/breaking up good fast walks.
    The dang sniff breaks are interminable!

If they weren't somewhat cute fur faces they would be getting fired as walk companions!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    At least you can take your dogs for a walk!…Willow will go do her business for me but only my son in law can walk her….it is too hot for many walks right now….her newest “ trick “ is taking the end of my shirt or nightie and dragging me into the kitchen for a treat!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Actually, PAV, I hadn't thought of that yet. I did enter my stride length and have corrected it once since I've had a fitbit. Might be time to work that out again, and adjust. I compared it with a phone step app before, and it was awfully close (enough for me not to consider the difference).

Next time around, I would like to get a fitbit that uses GPS to track your walk. I think those exist. They are just a bit bigger and lumpier ( :) ) than I wanted.

And they do get many special considerations because of those cute fur faces. But oh she keeps me moving and brings so much joy!

Connie - your pup sounds like a smart one! It is awfully hot here too - which is why I'm trying so hard to get up early. If I'm out the door by 7 we can do a 1, maybe 1.5 hour walk in the morning. I would like to get out earlier, and will probably managed it by the time it starts to cool down B) because even when we leave at 7 both of us are dragging our tails home and all my clothes are drenched.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    I wish I could get up earlier but I stay up too late….I was at the produce market by 930 this morning and that is early for me!….technically, Willow is my daughters dog and when Amanda is home, the dog never leaves her side but when she isn’t here, Willow is everyone’s dog!….she has all of us wrapped around her paws lol…..those blue eyes of hers are so pretty!…..love our fur babies!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey: just because she has blue eyes doesn't give her the right to constantly paw at me till I pay attention and then stick her ear in my hand for scratching! eeek!

3stmzukgpkz2.jpg

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    She is a great looking dog, PAV….we raised Boxers for about 6 years but it got to be too much work and hated parting with the puppies….we would get a dog now for company and for Willow but she is so spoiled I am afraid she would be really upset….and Willow goes everywhere except school with my daughter and you know she would have to take a new puppy, too….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Double check on the GPS usefulness before spending on it

Tall buildings l, when you backtrack or go back and forth because of the dog, when the walk lasts long and it sucks down battery and your watch dies before you're home, any one of these would be captured without a GPS!

Also even with older fitbits you can start a walk on your phone and it will use the GPS signal from the phone which is usually easier to acquire and it has more battery and stronger reception ability

I've used the GPS on the charge 4 twice. This included the walk that started at 65% and ended half an hour from home.. and I didn't even know it till I was back 🤬
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Well! Now I can rest happy with my little fitbit that I really like and not worry about GPS. Mostly I'm happy with this device...just every once and a while I over think things.

Thank you, PAV.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My furry faced and not-yet furry faced ones. They both seem to be half greyhound. <3tvmysuss6oeu.jpg