Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    1) Keep my daily calories between 1.495 and 1,800 (aiming ideally for the 'sweet spot' of 1,500 - 1.575)
    2) Walk 60+ minutes a day and cycle 50+ kilometers a week

Pleased to report I'm on track for both those goals today. Ate/drank 1,570 calories, walked for 90 minutes and cycled 15.3km to hit my 50km goal for the week.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,625 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well, Bella! So glad you brought your energy and good vibes to our group.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day
    Total so far:
    End of Week Total: /21

Food logging should be a little easier the next couple of weeks, I've subscribed to a meal service, so I can more or less pre-log my food Monday - Friday, as I have not had the time to plan or cook properly with the hours I am doing with work and the stress that's gone with it just contributes to my binge eating.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83

That sounds like a great response to maintain healthy eating while working too much. Much better than the takeout I know I would give in to.

Hope it works and brings some after work peace!

• lauriekallis
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Aug 15

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 25,076 A very good walking day.
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 2,089 because of all that walking.
    ❌ - get 8 hours sleep. 6 hours 26 minutes. Not 8 hours - but a solid sleep. Didn't even wake up to pee :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅
    Total so far: 3

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well, Bella! So glad you brought your energy and good vibes to our group.

That's so kind, thank you!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 16

❌ - take 15,000 steps. 11,469
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 795
    ✅ - get 8 hours sleep. 8 hours 14 minutes :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅✅
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅✅
    Total so far: 6

• lauriekallis
    Options
    I guess perfect will have to do, @tinkerbellang83 :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 17

❌ - take 15,000 steps. 13,371 - I'm starting to doubt my fitbit. (thank goodness I have an new "emergency" on on hand.). I walked three regular routes yesterday - and I should have been around 16,000 steps. The first walk seemed about 1,500 steps shy. Over the past two years that I've been counting steps, I've noticed a reduction in steps as my stride lengthens (?), but nothing this drastic. Tomorrow morning I might just unpack the new one and set it up.
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 1346
    ✅ - get 8 hours sleep. I went to sleep at 11:30 was up at 7:30 so I'm giving myself the checkmark - but fitbit says I actually got 7 hours and 8 minutes - guess I woke up a few times? But not that I remember, and I didn't even get up to pee so it was a quick dash to the bathroom this morning!

Yesterday was a much lower calorie day than I planned. I was getting tired, so thought I should just go to bed, not eat my evening snack/meal of greek yogurt/berries/walnuts (which can turn into more - depending on how tired I'm feeling). Sleep is proving invaluable as I find my way back into the groove.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,621 Member
    Options
    I've been validating my change 4 against the old charge 3.

Battery sucks. Steps are extremely similar, so are calories. Heat rate drop offs are more frequent. Resting rate is +1 on the long term account vs the new and this persisted after flipping the fitbits after 15 days (it's the account not the device and the dual data now exceed 30 days 🤷🏻‍♂️) a cracked LCD sometimes lasts longer than one thinks 👍
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    "validating" means you are wearing both? But only have the one tied into your account?

I should try that...I just haven't had the energy/time to switch devices. I always expect some time consuming glitches.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,621 Member
    Options
    Two accounts. Old as is new with new. Two weeks then switched devices on the two accounts and have kept on running them. Initially same paw and rotating which one was higher every day! Now one on each paw and really no reason... trying to convince friend with sick Fitbit to take my second one away!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅✅✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅✅✅
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅✅✅
    Total so far: 9

Enjoying my subscription meals more than I thought I would, have ordered again for next week. Still padding out the day with snacks or a couple of sides as the meals are more gauged towards a 1200 cal per day diet but that's ok cos they're quite filling I've been snacking less.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Two accounts. Old as is new with new. Two weeks then switched devices on the two accounts and have kept on running them. Initially same paw and rotating which one was higher every day! Now one on each paw and really no reason... trying to convince friend with sick Fitbit to take my second one away!

I just made the leap and switched to the new one. We'll see if it was all in my mind or not...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 18

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 15,096 :)
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 1,503
    ✅ - get 8 hours sleep. 12:20 - 8:19 Fitbit logged 7.1 hours and a sleep score of 86. So far a week of good sleeps!

I'm enjoying logging the daily "check-in" in the morning (to track my sleep). So far every night has been a good sleep night and calories have been good - so it feels like a very positive start to the day. This might change after a bad day? Hope not.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Goals for this week:

📝 Log all my food ✅✅✅✅
    🚶🏻‍♀️ Walk each day ✅✅✅❌
    🧘‍♀️ Yoga or Meditation each day ✅✅✅✅
    Total so far: 11
    End of Week Total:/21

I was chained to the desk from 9:00-21:30 more or less so didn't take a walk today.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    If you message me your address - I'll get a pair of these to you, asap.
    cdhd0175xi5o.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Aug 19

✅ - take 15,000 steps. 16,711
    ✅ - aim for a calorie deficit. 1,718 It was really warm yesterday - and I had lots of kale with my brunch which probably brought on a case of bloat (bought a new bunch when there was more left of the old than I thought - so I felt compelled to finish it). I honestly couldn't face dinner last night so I skipped ahead to the evening yogurt fruit and walnuts and lived it up by adding strawberries. A good sign I've found my groove. The body spoke last night and I didn't have the overwhelming urge to fill my brain rather than my belly. I expect that today I will be hungrier - and that is cool - I'll try to respect that too.
    ✅ - get 7 hours sleep. 11:50 - 6:47 Fitbit logged 5:58 hours and a sleep score of 74. Changed goal to 7 hours - it felt like I did so well last night that I'm not willing to accept a ❌ this morning.