Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I want to increase my daily step pledge to 4500.

Okay I will change it🙂
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    I think you are making a smart decision realigning your goal. With a doable goal you are on the path to success. You will get to the 50 pounds lost.

I am not sure when the pool will open. We are moving into the orange restriction level on Monday so I am hoping they will open it. I may decide to go to a public pool until it opens and do aqua fit. Thank you for your kind words.

@Tazaria87
    Great job going the extra mile to get those steps.

@Beautyofdreams
    Yahoo! A new decade is so exciting. I admire your success and you have done this inspite of all you have and still are facing.

@jimboden3
    You have such a well thought out plan. You have set realistic goals which is one of the keys to success.

@Z10Rtza
    Give it a few weeks. You could be adjusting to a new way of eating. I think it was @Bluetail6 who share the first two weeks of her new way of eating she didn’t lose anything but then it start coming off. (I hope I have the right person)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - Nice loss🤩

@Z10Rtza - sorry your aren’t seeing the results you were hopping for. What’s different about than what you were doing?

Congratulations to all Downsizers for winning the green challenge, especially those who were in the green all month. Next month I WILL be joining you on that list.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I hope moving to the orange opens up the pool. It’s good to have a back plan, I hope you don’t need it.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - Life has given you some setbacks but you not letting it keep you down. It's so easy to take things for granted until they're gone then you really appreciate it. Keep the faith and take it one day at a time.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams you continue to head nicely to your goal!
    @azkunk I agree that reducing the goal seems to take the stress away--and we might even get there quicker
  • 363days
    Options
    @jimboden3 I love your goals and the flexibility within them that allows enjoyment and indulgence while still staying within a framework.
    @lelbarou how exciting - 295!
  • 363days
    Options
    I'm Patti from Tulsa, OK, 66 years and have been overweight since menopause, in my 40's. Since joining in October, I've lost/gained and ended up where I started, but there has been success in staying with the group. I've stopped and started a lot of things in my weight loss journey, and although it can be difficult sometimes to not see the positive changes that some others are seeing, it is hearing about and sharing their successes that keeps me enthused. I've learned there are many different things to overcome on a weight loss path, and I"ve had successes in other areas. I have 3 rescue dogs, 2 children, 1 grandson and a granddaughter due in July (the list is not necessarily in order of importance, lol) I hike and like to ride my bicycle when the weather is good. Zumba is one of my fun indoor activities. Welcome to all new members, we are so glad you are here.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/25 Steps 13,175
    2/27 Steps 7,256
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure where to put our steps, so I’m going to put them here:
    Username: red1185
    Steps 2/28: 4242
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    I’m not sure where to put our steps, so I’m going to put them here:
    Username: red1185
    Steps 2/28: 4242

You got it right ...You post your steps here either daily or weekly
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    02/28
    Steps = 8,034
    Stationery bike = 70 minutes
    I’m using my phone & I write slowly, so I never write long posts when I’m on my cell.
    I’m 57 & have 3 grown kids & an old needy dog.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    I would love to say that the diet that they gave me is quite easy to follow so far. But my weight is not going down

Could it be stress? I know you have been extremely busy

It can be. I'm really busy and we haven't done anything fun since like forever. Whenever we have "free" is to clean the house, study, do groceries... I must say that going to do groceries so far now is the most exciting activity. Incredible but true.
    I don't know when I will receive some money from somewhere but being with only one salary is kinda complicated. Plus the car broke and it has been more than a month away. Needing to use the car of my father in law came.super expensive. Now the car cost to my girlfriend more than a 1000€

My head is really in many places at the same time
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    I think you are making a smart decision realigning your goal. With a doable goal you are on the path to success. You will get to the 50 pounds lost.

I am not sure when the pool will open. We are moving into the orange restriction level on Monday so I am hoping they will open it. I may decide to go to a public pool until it opens and do aqua fit. Thank you for your kind words.

@Tazaria87
    Great job going the extra mile to get those steps.

@Beautyofdreams
    Yahoo! A new decade is so exciting. I admire your success and you have done this inspite of all you have and still are facing.

@jimboden3
    You have such a well thought out plan. You have set realistic goals which is one of the keys to success.

@Z10Rtza
    Give it a few weeks. You could be adjusting to a new way of eating. I think it was @Bluetail6 who share the first two weeks of her new way of eating she didn’t lose anything but then it start coming off. (I hope I have the right person)

I really hope it goes like that. I'm going to see how it goes. So far is quite easy to follow comparing to any other diet I ever did
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 242.8
    CW: 241.6
    ---
    Morning all, here for Monday check in. Another month already, this year is going fast yet slow at the same time. Woohoo just seen I had 4 weeks in the green last month, can't remember if I did in January - well done everyone for last month too.

I've had a good past week on eating healthy and exercise, just mentally weighing logics up for the month ahead on my goals with getting the 1500 cal prep through the week and balancing/staying under cals at the weekends.

I work to stay under 1600 calories 5/7 days majority of the time and can go up to 1800ish at the weekend. In theory, those extra calories are spreading out over the week and if I can still lose my goal of a pound a week on 1800ish then that's an option more if I feel like it, but on the flipside, if I was under 1600 all week that'd give me a potential 2 pound loss extra a month x 12 = 24 pounds, which is a lot for the sake of 250 cals lower for only 2 days each week!

Of course, weight loss isn't always as linear as these points raised for a number of reasons haha. I guess there isn't a set answer, but more how each day feels and any loss is good!

Did good on activity past week with a few walks and a bike ride so was proud of myself. Aiming to walk  and weightlift this week.

Here's to another successful month ahead, have a great week everyone!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in: Monday (Mar 1, 2021)
    CW: 211.5
    PW: 213.7
    SW: 240

Another good week (and month). January was a 3.7 pound loss and Feb ended up 3.6 pounds so since I hit my 3 pound loss for the month my next 'reward' for Feb is getting an inspirational quote for the wall in our home exercise room. Any thoughts on the options below?

2dd3ugu4v0kq.png

c6ys7nyhixt6.png

5xlmiv5flndv.png

ckesdxw5v0vs.png

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Jim! I like "Don't stop when you are tired, stop when you are done!" I know this quote is from David Goggins and I have read his book "Can't hurt me" and I think he is a really inspirational person so I would go with that.

Congrats on your weight loss! You are just doing AMAZING! 🎈🎈🎈🎋🎆🎇🎇✨✨🎉🎉🎉
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/28: 6,748
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just a quick reminder I need a couple more people's steps ...If I do not have them by the end of the day I will be zeroing them out ...Thanks

@Piqueaboo 2/26 & 2/27
    @heatherbluebell 2/27
    @dutchrower 2/23-2/27

Thanks Ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.