Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you for all that you do here. It is much appreciated! I am so happy that you heard from your son. That must have felt amazing. I have been meaning to tell you and keep forgetting, but then I saw your March intro which reminded me. I see that you homeschool your daughter. I homeschooled both of my kids. This is my first year that I am not homeschooling:) My daughter is now a freshman in college and my son a junior in college now.

Thank you so much @iradi8 and you are very welcome... I enjoy being very active and helpful in this group :) ....I am so happy that he is coming around ...8 years of not seeing/talking to him was not fun at all ...He is wanting to come and see me with his bride to be in April (I hope it happens) ...I have home schooled my daughter for the past 10 years ...I asked if she wanted to go to a public school for high school she said ummmmm NO thanks lol... I love knowing what she is doing/ what she struggles with etc.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the well-wishes! “Sleep hygiene” is a term I’ve never heard before, but I love it. I’m really bad about falling asleep on my couch at night. I’m going to make a concerted effort to actually make it to my bed, and earl(ier). I’m also going to try to watch my stress level, and hope that helps my stomach.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps today were limited at 3153, but that’s ok.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Congrats @lelbarou and @littleflutterby for making TWOTERVILLE...Congrats @azkunk for getting under 175..Congrats @TheresaM787 for losing 10+ lbs ....Congrats @azkunk, @888Angie888 and @draby2011 for losing 30+ lbs .....Congrats @lindamtuck2018 for losing 40+ lbs...Congrats @lelbarou for losing 50+ lbs. Congrats @Beautyofdreams and @littleflutterby for losing +70 lbs and @Tazaria87 for losing 140+ lbs ........AMAZING JOB EVERYONE ....So proud of all of you !!!!!!!!! :):):)

Amazing job everyone!!! You are all so inspiring!!!
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Steps 13,008

Felt much better and got my work out in. I am liking this new program. Some interesting moves and goes fast.

Today’s steps will be off yet again because my Fitbit, after a little over a year has reached the stage where the battery dies quick. This is my 4th one in 5 or so years. When this one dies I am switching to the Apple Watch. I just don’t want to spend the money now. Esp since I just had to order a laptop since I have to give back my work computer soon.

Dinner last night had to be postponed to tonight since I didn’t fully read the recipe for my air fryer falafel that it needed to sit refrigerated for 3 hours before cooking.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    I had a job interview today and although I'm not unhappy in my job, I'm stepping out for more money. It is such a vulnerable position to be in when someone decides if you are a fit for their company. I have a second interview with them tomorrow and I want to really have a good meditation time so that when I interview I'm "on target". I would like to have it - significant $ and benefits (I'm contract now) and I'd like the job...I'd be recruiting for the Western Canada, WA and Oregon...I love those areas... wish me luck.

Good luck, I hope you nail it! I am also beginning my search and boy has interviewing changed since I last did it, so out of my comfort Zone.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/02
    Steps = 11,877
    I went for a walk because I thought it was going to be somewhat warm. No! It was freezing. I just finished doing a virtual Zumba class too. So I accomplished my goal if 10,000 steps.
    Ordered Chinese for dinner and ate too much.
    But - I was going to make some brownies but I stopped myself. That was a win! I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Beautyofdreams - Nice loss🤩

@Z10Rtza - sorry your aren’t seeing the results you were hopping for. What’s different about than what you were doing?

Congratulations to all Downsizers for winning the green challenge, especially those who were in the green all month. Next month I WILL be joining you on that list.

The difference is that with this diet they remove from my diet all the legumes, the nuts, the healthy fats... and I'm eating a sandwich every single day
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who hit a milestone in February!

@Z10Rtza
    You are so busy! I hope your new plan works out for you. Sometimes with changes it takes some time to show up on the scale:)

The other day my mother in law was asking me: when are you free? So you can cut my hair....
    And I was like... I'm never free but tell me when you need it and I will make time for you.
    I must say this diet is helping to my busy life

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people.
    Im taking some minutes before I start with all the craziness of the day.
    My diet is quite easy, or that's the feeling I'm having. Not many results.
    Last Monday I was 133 8 kg =294,9 lbs and this Monday I was 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs. Today I am 133,3 kg = 293,8 lbs
    Sorry @lindamtuck2018 for being late
    The diet is basically every day the same:
    Piece of fruit + coffee + brown bread with margarine and marmalade for breakfast
    A yogurt for morning break
    A sandwich for lunch
    A piece of fruit for late break
    And cooked potatoes or gluten free pasta or rice + veggies + tofu or seitan or another meat replacement low in fat for dinner.
    Thats it

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    I almost forgot
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    My steps
    28/02/2021 11.059 steps
    01/03/2021 13.557 steps
    02/03/2021 12.005 steps
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Another early appt in the morning.... After that, I will do my best to catch up on posts!! :)<3
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Awesome loss! I think we have to juggle our calorie goal so that we are losing what we want but at the same time not feeling deprived. I work on a calorie average for the week. Great job on the activity.

Thanks Linda, that's very true, you are doing great too and your support is much appreciated. Just a heads up, just had a nosey at the spreadsheet for this month and this week's weigh in for me is showing as 241.8 but was 241.6 :).
    @mszoueb
    Love your plan:) You are doing fantastic. You are so right about weight loss not being linear!

Thank you! You are doing amazing too, at least 50 pound lost is an amazing achievement. I have about 80 more pounds to go and seeing success like yours is inspiring.

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 1 and March 2
    March 1
    Logging - yes
    exercise - no

March 2
    Logging -yes
    exercise - yes - two walks

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    March 1- 4088
    March 2 - 11 981

Was super busy on March 1 because I had several classes to teach. Two classes for supply and then my night class. Everything went well! I also got a call from a program officer to teach for a month or two in the morning starting March 8 for an IELTS class. This is for preparation for a test which ESL learners take in order to go to university or get a certain level of job. I was very pleased as this job is coming available full-time soon. If I do a good job, and do well on the interview, then I could get it! YAY! One step at a time....

I will post my responses to some posts below. I just read over and caught up mostly...
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @carmenduncan9575 - Welcome to the group! You will see this is a very supportive and fun group of people! Thanks for joining and welcome to the team!

@lindamtuck2018 - Sorry that you are having sleep problems. I get you! I have a similar problem. My sleep is very disjointed and all over the place. I'm lucky if I can sleep 6 hours in a row! Oh well. I hope the sleeping pill will works. I'm kind of used to my wonky way of sleeping.

I wanted to wish you congratulations on being the top loser for February! whooohoooo!
    That sounds great that you got a haircut with your granddaughter! Yes. We do need treats and pampering for sure! Self-care is awesome! YAY!

@Beautyofdreams - 149! Congratulations on entering a new decade! Welcome to the 140s!
    YES!

@363days - Thank you for your ongoing encouragement and support! You are such a kind and sympathetic person. I hope your second interview went well! You deserve more money and the travel sounds great! I'm rooting for you! I have my fingers and toes crossed!!!!

@Tazaria87 - That is sooo cool that you workout with your DAD! What an inspiration you must be to your parents! Your exercise sounds like so much fun! Boxing sounds awesome and so does your dance fit! You ROCK gurl!

@red1185 - I'm sorry to hear that you are having stomach issues and not sleeping well. It does sound like stress or emtional upset potentially. I hope you can find a way to decrease your stress or take time for yourself to access your feelings about things and feel more peaceful.

@azkunk - Great NSV - not getting McDonald's and going for a salad is not easy when you are starving! Yes! I'm glad that overall the shot went well except for the nurse who hit the nerve! OUCH! Thank you also for your congratulations and continued support! I appreciate it!

@Z10Rtza - Your new diet sounds simple and doable for you which is great! This is one key to continued success and following your plan long-term! Super!

@heatherbluebell - I can totally get why you wouldn't have time to meditate because of your incredibly busy schedule! It is great you had your dinner planned and didn't have to think about it as you were sooo tired! I'm so sorry that you cried at lunch and that you are close to burnout! You are working so hard and it is really hard to maintain this level of intensity! I hope your boss comes back soon from their surgery and you two can have a good discusiion. I hope the pools are opening in your area and you can go back to your swims. Sounds like this is very relaxing and a good stress reliever and break (as well as exercise of course!)

@iradi8 - It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful vacation. I think it sounds like all of you needed it and benefited from it! Wonderful.
    As far as not feeling like you lost 50lbs. I get you. Sometimes I look in the mirror and realize I still have a long way to go! BUT maybe concentrate on the fact that you FEEL better, that you are healthier, that you can do more things (like cross your legs easily). Focus on all that you have accomplished and all the many positives this has brought to your life! You are doing AWESOME!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 = That is so great that you heard from you son! I hope you meet his bride-to- be soon! What a wonderful development! How exciting!

@lcfa5317 = Congrats on your stepping! Looks great. Also, good NSV not making brownies. I totally understand that sweets are a big trigger for me and I don't need that around the house!

• rlaskey2
    Options
    CW :183.6
    PW: 183.4
    SW: 187.2
    Steps 5,436

I am happy and sad about this weigh in. Happy because only .2 up from vacation and sad because I set up the new renpho scale and it says 185 versus the 183.6 on my existing scale. For this week let’s use the old number and next week I will move to the renpho’s scales number.

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Back from a trip out of town. Left 4AM on 2/21 and got back 2/27 evening. I weighed before I left and was 201.1. I really had no idea what to expect upon weighing myself the morning after getting home. To my surprise, the scale said 203.4. Not too bad for a week out of town. I was expecting much worse. Then, yesterday it went down to 202.3 and this morning, for my Tuesday weigh-in day, it was 200.8.

I did not go crazy with food, but I did not have my normal foods, especially the fruits and veggies. It is always harder when I'm away from home. I pretty much stayed within my calories or went over just a bit. There was a lot of walking involved every day and some stairs, so my steps were up. I only went to the fitness center one night because you have to call to make a reservation the morning of the day you want to use it. I did the elliptical, which had me sweating bullets, the treadmill and just a few minutes on the rowing machine. Boy, the rowing machine was much harder than I expected. The fitness center closed at 9PM and I didn't get there until 8PM, so only had about five minutes on the rowing machine. On the last night, we were able to get a 30 minute reservation for the pool and hot tub. So, we sat in the outdoor hot tub, with snow everywhere, for fifteen minutes and then swam in the indoor pool for the other fifteen minutes. My daughter and I raced across the pool a few times. Gosh, that is really a great workout! I sure wish that I had an indoor pool at home. My heart rate was through the roof and I was breathing so heavy. I used to be able to beat my daughter, but not any more! LOL. She beat me by about ten feet every time!

I went to the store yesterday and got all of my regular foods with lots of produce, so I'm hoping for a good loss next week. Today I got back on the treadmill with inclines and did some squats, pushups, crunches and plank.

Our trip was so needed and was so nice to have our family of four together again, if only for a week. My husband works in the emergency room, and he is so tired and stressed with this pandemic. My kids are stressed and tired with the craziness that this pandemic has brought to college and the way they have to learn now. My son is in college 7.5 hours from home, but has all online classes this semester due to Covid, so he flew out to Colorado to meet us and did college from the condo there:) My daughter also has all of her college classes online this semester, so she did college from the condo as well. It was so great seeing my kids laughing, joking and playing together. They are 19 & 21, so they aren't little any more. They had the two bedrooms upstairs, and every night I could hear my son tell my daughter goodnight several times. It melted my heart.

Whew! Didn't mean to write a book. I've been reading all of the posts but didn't respond to any this past week. I hope to do that starting later today or tomorrow.

Wow I see so many positives in your posts! You enjoyed your trip yet do not have to come back and climb a mountain to get back to where you were. That extra walking and seimming paid off. I, too, enjoy those family trips---I can just sit and watch my kids (31 and 32) and be happy. The laughter and teasing you mentioned is exactly what I enjoy and I'm so happy for you that you were able to bring everyone together.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @azkunk Big ouch!!! Sorry you weren't able to get the labs redrawn - nerve pain is the worst. I hope you find relief within the next couple of days.
    Thanks for asking about the interview - I feel like I didn't do well, but not everyone interviews people like I do, so maybe I will be surprised. The interviewer was very black and white, asked bullet questions, wrote the answers, asked another, firing fast. I think I got a little conversational and I wanted it so bad that I hope I didn't sound needy. The good news is that my current job is good - I just saw several extras in the new job (money and new growth). I felt bummed all afternoon and went immediately to thoughts like "not being good enough" and "why am I so goofy?" I had a win yesterday, though, through a candidate. I helped him improve his resume, he is a young guy who is trying very hard to better himself, and he was so grateful. He said no one had ever helped him before and it meant a lot to him. I reminded myself that this is why I like my job. Yes, it is against policy to help with resumes, but I do it anyway. How you present yourself can make the difference in getting or not getting the job. I have decided that I am going to ask a friend to role play with me for a job interview. You would think I would find this a breeze, being a recruiter, but it is so hard when taking your own advice. I'm back to positive today and the sun is shining here! I hope everyone has a good day!
This discussion has been closed.