Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Too tired for an official check in. I had an 11 hour day today without any walk breaks so steps will be low again today. I am off tomorrow so my plan is to get right back to it. Scale was down again today 🤩

Can you please post your steps from 2/28 thru 3/4 when you get a chance? Thank you
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    2/28: 10,362
    3/1: 10,341
    3/2: 2,738
    3/3: 6,363
    3/4: ? Trying to get more
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    March 4
    Steps = 7,054
    Stationery bike = 60 minutes
    I broke down and made cookies today.
    Why do I do this?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    2/28: 10,362
    3/1: 10,341
    3/2: 2,738
    3/3: 6,363
    3/4: ? Trying to get more

Thank you so much :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/3 Steps 13,143
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 216.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 214.2 lbs

Wow, what a week it's been! At one point I hit 220lbs, not sure what was happening there. I went back to basics this week and I'm still surprised (after years of doing this) how effective it can be. No booze, eat within my calories, make an effort to move + exercise and the weight falls off (albeit probably water weight). I feel a bit more in control today. I've also worked hard on sleeping and it's starting to pay off. That's the only positive thing I see with the bars and restaurants being closed and the 6pm curfew - I can go to bed by 9pm!

Steps:
    • Saturday 17 857
    • Sunday 13 905
    • Monday 11 197
    • Tuesday 14 184
    • Wednesday 10 492
    • Thursday 9 726
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 4
    logging - yes (over by 350 calories -oops!)
    exercise - a very short one

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps - 4573

Well. I had a real craving for baked goods yesterday. I was trying to offset it and I jumped into a butcher and fine foods shop near the bakery. Got a potato ladke and mad max mexican chips and guac. I ate the ladke and had half the bad of chips and guacamole, and I went 350 over. I am happy because I woke up and lost .4 pounds. It restablishes for me that things even out. I was under about the same amound the day before. I never usually buy things like this, but I guess it is okay once in a while.

However, it is a good friend's B-day today and I will be going to the bakery to get her a treat! Wow! I will have to face the temptation again head on! Wish me luck!

Anyway, generally all is well. A bit tired because I'm stressed by the new work I will have next week. I have to prepare and I am pretty nervous about it!

Anyway, that's all she wrote! I hope everyone has a super weekend.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 9,604

This is surprising considering I pulled something in my neck in bed. I do this a couple times a year and it drives me crazy. Sleeping is the worst. I did eat my planned breakfast, lunch and dinner though. No workouts for me until this feels better :(
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Extra water won’t hurt us. Great job with the dance videos!

@kdlgiannoulis
    You should be proud as it is an amazing loss!

@888Angie888
    It is ok to be a little frustrated as long as you look at the big picture.

@Beautyofdreams
    When I can’t shut my mind off I try to picture something I like. I will think about being on a beach, decorate my apartment in my head or something that is pleasant.

@363days
    I am tired all ready and it is only been 1 night.

@red1185
    Awesome steps! Nice start to getting good sleep.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That’s a crazy amount of calories. It is more than my maintenance calories. You must be tall.

@azkunk
    Get some rest today!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @heatherbluebell
    Staying the same with so much stress is good. Sounds like you have some nice self care planned for the weekend.

@Piqueaboo
    Awesome loss! We forget how well those basics work.

@lelbarou
    We get to have off plan days on occasion. It does even out. I average my calories through out the week.

@rlaskey2
    Hope you neck feels better soon!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    ✅Steps 7,955
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

PW 214
    CW 216

I know I was expecting a gain but not this much. My weight is up almost a pound from yesterday. I ate 1 slice of bread at 10pm and I knew my weight would be up in the morning even though I was with in calories. There is something about bread that makes my weight jump. The good thing is my weight is trending down overall.

Yesterday, I found out the exercise room is now open. Next week I will start doing weights. I may try the elliptical but I will definitely use the bike. Unfortunately, the pool is not opening yet but I should be able to get a good exercise routine going.

Off to make the kiddos breakfast. Happy FriYAY all!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed myself this morning because I wanted to be honest even though on the cheer squad ...I am 225 so I am still thinking it is due to the hernia......I was previously 216 ...I re did my calories MFP gave me 2150 so I will do that for a month and go from there unless I have my surgery soon then I probably wont be eating much
    It makes a lot of sense that it is hernia related. I hope you notice a change in the other direction following your surgery - it might be a big one.

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    March 4
    Steps = 7,054
    Stationery bike = 60 minutes
    I broke down and made cookies today.
    Why do I do this?

I don't know, but I got a warm feeling just reading the word "cookies"
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/4: 15,241
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    That’s a crazy amount of calories. It is more than my maintenance calories. You must be tall.

I am only 5'6 Linda...Will try it for a month and see what happens
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @garn76 - Welcome :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I agree that seems like a lot of calories. Are you maintaining your usual activity level? That recommendation might be based on that activity level. If you are, no problem. If not, that might be contributing to the gain.

@lindamtuck2018 - my health coach actually has weighing daily and averaging my loss over the week along with my calories and macros. I do the actual weigh day method on this for our group. Both have their pros and cons. My losses (when I have one) reporting here are bigger which makes it more satisfying. But I have posted more weeks with a net loss and not a gain doing the averaging method with her. The losses seem smaller but I have only had 2 weeks without a loss since September with that method. So, I celebrate my new lows and embrace the slower average. My point .... don't worry about just one day or even a few days without a loss. Just keep following the plan and you will succeed.

@rlaskey2 - hope your neck is feeling better. I often wake up with pain in my shoulder from the way that I sleep.

@lelbarou - it all averages out. See above response to Linda. Keep up the great work. Sometimes you just need to have a treat. Do your best to work it into your day. If its a big splurge, take the next day or two to recover and spread out the deficit to even out the week.

@Piqueaboo - Nice loss! Sleep is so important to weight loss. Great work!

@heatherbluebell - enjoy your R&R this weekend

@lcfa5317 - maybe you needed a cookie. I am sensing a theme to my responses today, see my reply to Linda. Either plan for it or make up for it. It does not have to blow your week. You can even add more exercise to make up for it. Have you cookies and give away the extras ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.