Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 157
    CW: 157.8
    LTD: 36.2

Not too bad. I completely forgot that I have been increasing my exercise. However, "hand to mouth" might have played a part as well.... :D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,640 Member
    Options
    @azkunk ... I was gaining on 1500 and I was super hungry ...so I changed my calories yesterday of what MFP gave me ... I really think my hernia has something to do with the gaining ...I am not going to weigh myself until after my hernia surgery which I am still playing the waiting game ...I just thought I should be honest with myself is all
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    garn76 wrote: »
    I have been in this group for a few weeks now. @Megan_smartiepants1970 was the first friend I made on this app and man I am I glad she added me. This group is really helping me towards my goals.

Quick introduction about myself. First, I hate talking about myself in introductions. I am very social so I have no problem sharing about myself, I am just not good at thinking of things to say in introduction type settings.

I am 45. I grew up on a dairy farm in Idaho, and this helped make me who I am today. I currently work for a large IT firm as a product manager. I enjoy sports especially snow skiing and baseball. I love to watch sports. College Football and the New York Yankees being my favorite.

I have been married for 20+ years and have 3 daughters. They keep me busy.

I have been overweight most of my adult life. My goal is to get to a weight that allows me to do some of the activities I enjoy more often. I also like the way I feel when I eat healthy so I can't figure out why it is so damn hard to eat healthy :).

Not sure what else to say about me, so if you want to know more feel free to ask. Thanks for all the support this group gives!!

I am so happy I was your 1st friend on here ...I am happy to know that our amazing group is really helping you towards your goals ...That is awesome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from our 150 minute 5.22 mile walk .... I do not like going in the afternoon ... I love my early morning walks but with all the different time classes my daughter has in home schooling we can't seem to go until later ....I can't wait until summer break when we can get up early and get out there 1st thing in the morning :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The last few days have been kind of “off” for me. Yesterday was such a long day (6:30 am - 10 pm). I know I overdid it on calories, even though I got in extra steps, etc. I had 2.5 glasses of wine, instead of just 1-2, and I ate a bunch of junk. Today with tracking, I’m juuuuust under my daily limit. I’m writing back and forth with @Bluetail6, and just writing with her has helped me gain some perspective and find mini-victories, because normally I’m very hard on myself. Being on here, reading stories, and talking with her, it’s comforting that we all share struggles and successes. I appreciate reading people’s stories, and realizing that everyone has ups and downs.
    I got my steps in today @megan_smartiepants1970 with 7342, so that’s good.
    Anyway, have a good night everybody!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    I'm so glad I have been able to help. It is so important to not be too hard on yourself. I have struggled with that as well. Now, not nearly as much. I will get back to you in a message. Just wanted to wish you well, before I go offline for a bit :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3/5 walked 3.56 miles in 61 minutes. @Megan_smartiepants1970

Was over calories today. Think that I will wait a week and schedule a diet break where eat at maintenance. Have only done 2 in the last year. When I overeat have learned it means that I am due for a break.

Wishing every one success on their health and wellness journey.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970

3/4 Steps 10,394

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Steps = 10,647
    Walked outside with a friend today - felt great!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 5
    Logging - yes
    exercise - walking

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps - 8936

Well, I feel like a real idiot! I ate badly again yesterday. I ate kind of weird and high fat food that my body wasn't used too and I threw up. I am back on track to my regular diet today and no more of this high fat, pre-packaged food for me! Done and done! Yep.

Anyway, that is my sad story. Learned my lesson and back to my regular drill.

Have a super weekend eveyrone!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.2
    Current weight: 294.4

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

have a wonderful weekend Y'all !!! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @garn76
    It is nice to learn about you! I am missing yesterday’s weight so if you could post by end of day so it counts for week one of the challenge.

@azkunk
    I hope yesterday continued to be a better day. I know part of my problem was along with my weekend treats which always gives me water weight I messed up Sunday and Tuesday. Lack of sleep and that sleeping pill killed my willpower. I will always have a treat on the weekends as it keeps me sane. I just have to reign it back to one day. I know it is on me to get this done and I started the weekend by limiting the snacks the kids get. I am going to try averaging my weight for the next couple of weeks. The funny thing is with and has been since the beginning I lose one or two weeks then I have a gain. Weird!

@Bluetail6
    Increasing exercise does cause water retention. I am nervous about starting weightlifting next week and coming in with a gain.

@Tazaria87
    You always mange to get those workouts done with all those young children.

@red1185
    I like that, finding mini victories. The group is here to celebrate victories but also to help with our struggles. Ask any questions or stumbling blocks you need help with and someone on the team will have an answer. You are doing really great with those steps.

@Beautyofdreams
    It is great that you are so in tune with your diet needs.

@363days
    You are going in the right direction. I think you are ok with that celebration as long as it doesn’t continue for the rest of the week. Congrats to getting to exercise again.

@lcfa5317
    Nice steps!

@lelbarou
    Go easy on yourself. We all mess up. You can and will get back on plan today as I know you don’t want this to snowball.

@cesse47
    Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,927
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

Not quite as many steps today but we walked to the little supermarket close to me. I tried to do another mini walk but didn’t get far due to pain. I am off to grocery shop and I my husband woke me up late so I am running behind.

Have a great weekend!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Happy Saturday team!

I’m sorry my check-ins are now only once a week. I feel terrible that I don’t participate more in our team. I have no excuse really other than I just struggle to catch up with so many posts. It’s so crazy active In here. I check in and there is over 20 posts each time. I’m so pleased to see everyone making the most of this team. I do check in daily on my timeline so you are all welcome to add me if I don’t already have you as a friend. But I truly am sorry I haven’t done any better in here with you all.

Anyway here is my first check in for March.

2021 Starting / Previous / Current

Weight - 198.2 / 196.4 / 196
    Chest - 108 / 104.8 / 104.8
    Waist - 106.6 / 104.4 / 104
    Hip - 110 / 107.6 / 107.2
    Thigh - 58.8 / 56.2 / 56
    Calf - 37.4 / 36.2 / 36
    Arm - 32 / 30.4 / 30.4
    Body fat mass - 43.9 / 42.8 / 43.4
    BMI - 31.9 / 31.6 / 31.5

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 1
    Previous Weight: 196.4
    Current weight: 196

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 18,798
    Monday - 14,841
    Tuesday - 14,956
    Wednesday - 9,349
    Thursday - 18,328
    Friday - 11,011
    Saturday - coming 🔜
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for March 5
    Logging - yes
    exercise - walking

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps - 8936

Well, I feel like a real idiot! I ate badly again yesterday. I ate kind of weird and high fat food that my body wasn't used too and I threw up. I am back on track to my regular diet today and no more of this high fat, pre-packaged food for me! Done and done! Yep.

Anyway, that is my sad story. Learned my lesson and back to my regular drill.

Have a super weekend eveyrone!

Isn't it crazy how our body reacts when we are used to eating healthy? It really threw me for a loop the first time it happened and I was amazed to think I used to eat like that all of the time! Hope you are feeling good today with a fresh start.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Username: red1185
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 165.0
    CW: 164.6
This discussion has been closed.