Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 You may be burning more calories than you think with all of the activity of the children at your house. I know I do a lot more bending, reaching, etc that might not show up on steps. Nice Loss!!
    @lindamtuck2018 Hope you are enjoying the kids!

@red1185 Glad you are here in the group and taking advantage of the wonderful people. I always have a tough time with calories on long days, myself.

@cesse47 Good job!!

@mari_moulin Thanks for sharing your stats! That's so encouraging

@Beautyofdreams I'm glad you are figuring out what works for you and that makes so much sense, to take a break. Your body might even lose faster when you change it.

@Bluetail6 Have you taken your inches? Any change there?

@garn76 Thanks for introducing yourself and hope you are enjoying your weekend.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/5 Steps 10,196
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/5: 15,182
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,970 Member
    Options
    Phew just got back from a 3 hour 7.57 mile walk ...my thighs are on fire ...looking forward to my day off from exercising tomorrow ..I hope everyone is having a nice weekend ...it is suppose to rain this coming week
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @363days
    Yes, I have taken inches. I will take them again tomorrow. They have gone down!! I'm not too worried about a gain. It is bound to happen from time to time. I'm to the point where I really need to stay on top of things, as every couple of pounds or so I can tell, I have lost weight. I think I'm in a bit of a "danger zone" lol.

I know I can't let myself get too hungry. I get so busy that I eat and then record it in my diary. What works best for me is if I record it first, make changes if I need to, then eat whatever it is. Who knew the kitchen could be a dangerous place, sometimes :D<3
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Try not to worry about a gain from changing exercise. I do get it though. Just think about how wonderful it is that the gym is finally open at your new place!! Also, all the good you are doing for your body.

@363days asked me if I took measurements. I will take them again tomorrow. Perhaps this is something you can do as well, so if a small gain happens, you are armed with a different metric.

As I have said in the past.... The struggle is real, but it IS surmountable!! :)<3
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    You are amazing! Watching you go through this journey is inspiring. That new decade suits you.

@mari_moulin
    Nice loss! We are happy to see you whenever you can. Post an updated picture of your gym when you can as I know you have got a lot more done.

@red1185
    Great loss!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Tazaria87 You may be burning more calories than you think with all of the activity of the children at your house. I know I do a lot more bending, reaching, etc that might not show up on steps. Nice Loss!!

They WERE here 3 whole days this week instead of the usual 1 haha
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970: 3,353 steps today (3/6). Honestly, for a Saturday for me...that’s just under my daily goal, so I’m happy!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/06
    Steps=18,320
    Cleaned the house, did Zumba , & walked the dog
    Busy day - 9:26 & I’m in bed.
    I need a fun day soon. Feeling overwhelmed with work & still not being able to socialize. I plan on going to St. Louis in April for a few days to see my daughter. I am looking forward to that. We all need something to look forward to.
  • garn76
    garn76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

PW: 279.4
    CW: 277.6
    LTD: 9.4
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thank you @lindamtuck2018 and @363days

I do try but it quickly becomes overwhelming for me. I was never like this. I find that with age I am less patient or it’s quickly just too much to keep up with so many things at once. I tend to keep things simple and quick and as easy as possible. But I am very happy to be part of this team and seeing how amazing it is and how it’s helping so many.

Linda here is the latest photo of my gym.

qvmddfqegm64.jpeg

I’m still waiting on my elliptical and strength training station. I’ve also got some more weights and barbell coming.
    I’m one happy girl lol.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday - 11,521

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Thank you @lindamtuck2018 and @363days

I do try but it quickly becomes overwhelming for me. I was never like this. I find that with age I am less patient or it’s quickly just too much to keep up with so many things at once. I tend to keep things simple and quick and as easy as possible. But I am very happy to be part of this team and seeing how amazing it is and how it’s helping so many.

Linda here is the latest photo of my gym.

qvmddfqegm64.jpeg

I’m still waiting on my elliptical and strength training station. I’ve also got some more weights and barbell coming.
    I’m one happy girl lol.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday - 11,521

Your gym is AMAZING!!! Wow! So cool!!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in March 6
    Logging -yes
    exercise - no

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Due to eating poorly, I wasn't feeling great yesterday. I didn't go out for my walk and just ate smoothies cause that's all I could handle. Got on the scale this morning and lost 2.6 pounds (strangely enough), but will see if it holds for my weigh in tomorrow.

Have a walk planned with a couple of friends this morning. Will see if I can get my act together. I think it would be good to get outside.

Have a good Sunday.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/6 5,564
    3/5 10,136

I am still miserable with this neck pain hoping it gets better soon. Morning after getting up is the worst. Not much else to report. Eating has been ok not the best.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lcfa5317 I'm the same way, I always need something on my calendar to look forward to and usually it is a trip that gives me that anticipation. It sounds like you have fun ideas ahead.
  • 363days
    Options
    I ate poorly on Friday with the Mexican food, chips and sweets. The carbs really seem to cause me to gain water. Yesterday I was on track but haven't lost the 2.6 spike. It's weird to me that I can gain it in 1 day but it takes 4-5 to lose it.
    @draby2011 Great pictures and success. To both you and @mari_moulin It is so motivating to see your changes in inches. It is amazing, really.
    @Bluetail6 Yes, I am taking measurements today! I usually just measure my waist but that isn't the complete picture so I will do the complete set.
    @garn76 Nice loss!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    TheresaM787
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 126.5
    CW (Current Weight): 126

I keep reminding myself that the scale isn’t the only measure of success. I’ve been stuck at the same weight for three weeks now.

It’s frustrating. I know the scale isn’t the only measure of success.
    Positives:
    - Drinking at least 40 oz of seltzer every day, sometimes hitting 48 oz and on rare occasions drinking 64 oz.
    - Eating healthier. Cut out a lot of the baked goods. Eating more protein, fruit and vegetables. Coffee is now enjoyed with skim vs heavy whipping cream. Cut back my wine/beer.
    - Exercising daily. That one still surprises me.
    - Sleeping much better.
    - Lost weight

I know that the scale isn’t the only measure of success. I know there will be natural fluctuations with my weight I know to just keep with the plan, eat well, exercise, drink water and get enough sleep. So, if I know all of this, why do I feel a bit defeated?

As I’m typing this, I hear the birds singing and the leaves rustling in the breeze. I see the beautiful blue sky. I’m one of the lucky ones. I get to enjoy this. Listen here Scale, I will not let you make me feel even a tiny bit sad.

Everyone out there. Enjoy today. Thank you for letting me go on a rant. I feel better getting that off my chest.
This discussion has been closed.