Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,070 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wished everyone on my MFP page today a big thank you!
    I wanted to say the same thing here, because the Downsizers and F2F
    has been the backbone of my support on MFP!

I could not have gotten this far and still be continuing on my journey without all of you!

I appreciate all of you! Your support, care, inspiration, compassion and motivation have helped me enormously and continue to do so!

I want to say a special thank you to @lindamtuck2018 who is the greatest motivator ever! I don't think I have ever met someone as kind, compassionate and sensible as you Linda! If there were ever a born motivator and supporter, then it would be you! We are so lucky to have you here on the Downsizers team!

Also, I wanted a special thank you to @Megan_smartiepants1970 for taking me out of the introduction page, friending me and and taking me under her wing and making me a part of F2F and the downsizers! You started my whole journey Megan! Without you, honestly, I would never have met all of you and all my MFP friends! You were the golden ticket allowing me entry to wonderful support, encouragement, and friendship! I really can't ever thank you enough!
    Megan, your dedication, energy and enthusiasm are so amazing and you keep this team going along with the fabulous Linda!

I just wanted you all to know this! How much I appreciate each and everyone one of you, and how lucky I am to know all of you and be a part of the Downsizers!❤❤❤❤❤❤

I second this. Linda and Megan go above and beyond to lead/support/motivate the group. I really appreciate it as well.

Thank you so much @363days :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 7
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 99oz
    Steps 9008
    Exercise 38min Inc Dance Fit Video

No boxing with dad this Sunday due to the birthday party we attended. It was a good time and the kids enjoyed ice skating for the first time. I ate a good lunch before we went so I wouldn't be tempted by cake. When we got home I started dinner in the instant pot and then did my dance video.

I'm a little later than usual with my post today. My nieces are here and the older one (she's turning 2 next month) is very whiny and clingy. I wonder if she isn't feeling well or if maybe she just didn't sleep well last night. No fever or any symptoms that I can see. It's almost her nap time now so hopefully some sleep will help.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will have the dietist and the psicologyst 🤪 And I will be all by myself. No girlfriend helping
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will have the dietist and the psicologyst 🤪 And I will be all by myself. No girlfriend helping

Wishing you the very best tomorrow :smile:
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3 - sounds like a great weekend

@lindamtuck2018 - just dialing in my macros, hitting my step and exercise goals ... the basics. Hope you enjoyed the exercise room.

@363days- it is kind of funny how I am am scheming in my head on how to not be under a BMI of 30. I was able to get an appt with a new PCP on Tuesday, so I don’t think that I need to worry being under by then.

@lelbarou - I agree with ever you said. @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 are AMAZING. You are pretty inspiring as well.

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our awesome team for Week 1and especially to @Beautyofdreams,@Tazaria87and@draby2011for being the top three!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/7 Steps 13,269
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @jimboden3 - sounds like a great weekend

@lindamtuck2018 - just dialing in my macros, hitting my step and exercise goals ... the basics. Hope you enjoyed the exercise room.

@363days- it is kind of funny how I am am scheming in my head on how to not be under a BMI of 30. I was able to get an appt with a new PCP on Tuesday, so I don’t think that I need to worry being under by then.

@lelbarou - I agree with ever you said. @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 are AMAZING. You are pretty inspiring as well.

Awww thank you so much Andrea :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , today’s steps: 8,219! My house is getting work done in the back, so I had to walk my dog...I’ll take the exercise!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , today’s steps: 8,219! My house is getting work done in the back, so I had to walk my dog...I’ll take the exercise!

Great steps :smile: Awesome job!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan, the kids had off from school today so we took a nice walk.
    13,600 steps
    30 minute bike ride- moderate effort 174 calories, 8 miles
    Thank you again
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

13,600 steps
    Thank you again

Did you have any steps for 3/7? Thank you :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    I reread your post as I couldn't believe what you were told. I'm so sorry you experienced this. Is this the same PCP that prescribed your meds to treat hypertension, cholesterol, and arthritis? How can she be uncomfortable writing a letter for a purchase of a qualified item of exercise equipment... Something that has no side effects save better health... I understand your anger.

We have 2 doctors in our immediate family. I'm sure they would prescribe exercise equipment over meds to start.

I do agree with @363days about the quarters!!😀
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

13,600 steps
    Thank you again

Did you have any steps for 3/7? Thank you :)

3/7 4,700 steps and 30 minute bike, 7.7 miles, moderate speed

Thank you again 😁

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/08
    CW = 190.2
    Steps = 8,744
    Stationery bike = 60 minutes

Beautiful day today!
    I was able to go for a short walk.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    @azkunk @363days
    Thank you! It means so much to me to have your appreciation.

@azkunk
    I am glad you could get a new doctor. I don’t understand why she wouldn’t write the letter. I would have been so angry. I think I would have marched into her office and demand to know why. She should have considered how far you have come and supported your efforts to improve your health. I hope you get the letter from the new doctor. That’s what the money is for and it’s yours. I am surprised you can get a doctor so fast. Here it is next to impossible to find a new family doctor.

@Tazaria87
    Your day must of missed his exercise partner.

@red1185
    Great bonus getting those extra steps.

@Beautyofdreams
    I don’t know what to say. Just wow! That is a very inspiring post. You took charge of your health by losing weight. You turned your unhealthy eating around and look at the results. I can’t wait to see a transformation picture. It is going to be amazing!

@lcfa5317
    Nice loss! You are doing great with the biking.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,677
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am so proud of myself for yesterday. I used the exercise bike, treadmill and weights. The weight machine is different than I used before but I saw they have a chart on the wall for different exercises just as I was ready to leave. I was there for over an hour. I need to set an exercise schedule. I am not sure if I should do weights 2 or 3 times a week. Today I am going for a walk as it is beautiful out.

Have a great day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike
    10 minutes intense
    2 minutes moderate

Weights
    35 minutes moderate intensity (not sure on intensity as I push myself on the weights)

This discussion has been closed.