Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 8
    Logging - yes
    exercise - no
    Steps - 3410

I'm still feeling unwell. Just went for a covid test now to be certain I don't have that. Otherwise, work is going well. Just trying to work and then sleep a lot to rest and get better.

I haven't responded to posts in a while, so I am doing that below.

Have a great day everyone!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats firstly to @Beautyofdreams, @Tazaria87 and @draby2011 for your losses and making the top three for the first week of March. I know I'm pretty late on this, but better late than never! LOL

@Beautyofdreams - Thank you for sharing your story. You are a real inspiration. You have fought some real difficult challenges and succeeded. Congratulations!

@azkunk - First of all, your recent loss is amazing and your steps are great. Your situation with your doctor recently sounds terrible. Please go to a different doctor to get the letter so you can have your gym equipment! I'm really sorry about this. She or he sounds idiotic! Really, It's unbelievable!

A lot of people with some great losses recently! Congrats to @mszoueb, @garn76, and @363 days for your losses! Super job!

@lcfa5317 - Amazing steps! I agree the isolation of Covid is not easy! It's really difficult to work and live in alone without much social contact. Can you walk outside with friends? That's the way I have been seeing people although it is very limited...

@mari_moulin - Your gym looks super! Just awesome!

@rlaskey - So sorry about your neck pain. Maybe you can go for a massage or for some physio? I don't what might help, but some treatment might be needed.

@TheresaM787 - Any loss is a positive! And it really sounds like you are making some super changes that will result in future losses! WTG!

@lindamtuck2018 - I went and got a Covid test this morning just in case..
    As far as your question about smoothies. Mine essentially contain almond milk, a frozen fruit like peaches or rasberries and then a high-quality protein powder. That's all...
    Congrats about going back to the gym and working out! That's really great news!

@363days -Congrats on doing zumba again. Thank you for your continual support! I really appreciate it! I get you about the over-eating and indulging. I think it happens to everyone sometimes. We just have to get back on track...

@Bluetail6 - That is great that you are lifting weights. So many incredible health benefits to this. Happy to hear that you are losing inches! That is awesome!

@draby2011 - That is great about your muscles getting stronger! Your diet plan and your drinking of a lot of water sounds very healty and condusive to weight loss. Happy belated B-day!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/8: 15,103
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou - thank you! I got an appointment for next week. I will be very surprised if the new doc doesn’t write it. I hope you feel better soon and do not have COVID.

@lindamtuck2018 - I was really surprised to get in that fast. I also got a new patient appointment for my husband on the same day. It’s been years since he has gone to the doctor. I was so happy to hear that you had a great workout. Does the bike make your legs hurt at all?
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/8 Steps 12,732
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 91oz
    Steps 9014
    Exercise 20min Inc Dance Fit Video

I posted yesterday about my nieces being here. After the older one took a 3 hour! nap, she woke up much happier. I take it she just didn't sleep well the night before. I got my video done before they showed up and did a lot of laundry so no problem on steps.

Today I was planning on a dance video like usual but my mom texted this morning and invited me to go walking with her and dad at the lake by their house so I'm going to do that for exercise today. The route is just over 3 miles. It been low 60s all week so it should feel great. Sunday I didn't get to box with dad due to the birthday party. I saw him last night and he said he was pretty sore from cleaning out the garage on Saturday so he didn't go down to box anyway.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/7 12,246
    3/8 7,251

My neck is finally starting to feel better. Not too much to report since I haven’t been able to work out. Last night was a bust for eating since I was tired. But I have dinner in the crock pot today so more prepared. I have an initial job interview today so hoping it goes well.
  • iradi8
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Glad your neck is starting to feel better. I have neck issues as well. Part of my self-care during this journey is getting a neck/back massage regularly. There is a chiropractor's office nearby that has a special where you can pay for five massages at once and get a pretty good price cut. I haven't seen the chiropractor, just the massage therapist. Maybe you could look for something like that. Good luck on your job interview today!

@Tazaria87
    That walking route around the lake sounds wonderful. It is so easy to walk outside if there is something like that. Weather sounds perfect for it. Enjoy:)

@azkunk
    That is so horrible of that doctor. So frustrating when stuff like that happens because it makes no logical sense. I am so glad to hear that you found a new doctor. Hopefully you will get what you need next week.

@Bluetail6
    That is great that you are losing inches!

@mari_moulin
    Love the way your gym looks!

@lindamtuck2018
    Yay! That's great that you can use the gym:)

@lelbarou
    Sorry you are still not feeling well. Glad to hear that you are able to rest and sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

• iradi8
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It is very inspirational. You took charge and did not give up! You are dedicated to your health. That is great that you measured and can see all of those inches gone. I wish I had done that. It is so hard to do this without much support, and you have done a fantastic job despite the lack of support from your loved ones. So glad you are here!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,677
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am so proud of myself for yesterday. I used the exercise bike, treadmill and weights. The weight machine is different than I used before but I saw they have a chart on the wall for different exercises just as I was ready to leave. I was there for over an hour. I need to set an exercise schedule. I am not sure if I should do weights 2 or 3 times a week. Today I am going for a walk as it is beautiful out.

Have a great day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike
    10 minutes intense
    2 minutes moderate

Weights
    35 minutes moderate intensity (not sure on intensity as I push myself on the weights)
    . Good for you!! I know you have been looking forward to this for awhile. Start slow and build your way up while listening to your body.

• iradi8
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Congrats on the new decade:) You had a great food/activity week and it shows. That sandwich sounds so good!

@jimboden3
    So nice to be able to gather with family to celebrate. I'll be that southwest burger was good, but I hear ya about finding out about the calories later. I hate it when that happens! At least you had broccoli and not fries. That's a win!
    I really love your attitude about it all:) Perhaps you could change your weigh-in day to the middle of the week.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Getting a covid test is smart. It is better to know. Sounds like a good smoothie. I am so boring when it comes to them. I only ever had one that i liked. It had cranberry juice, banana and chocolate protein powder. I put diet cranberry juice wnen I used to make them. I just got sick of them eventually. I don’t like milk and most fruit so I am very limited.

@azkunk
    The bike didn’t hurt my leg but my right foot felt weird. It goes numb from the neuropathy so it was strange peddling. My hips started hurting after about 10 minutes. The physio therapist had told be biking is good for my leg but I didn’t have an opportunity until now.

@Tazaria87
    The walk sounds so nice. You get exercise, time with your parents and fresh air. Definitely a win.

@rlaskey2
    That is great news about your neck. Thanks for the advice. It is weird trying to do the weights after so long. Good luck with your interview!

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Just coming in for a little NSV update. Just got asked by another mom at preschool pick up who doesn't know me well if I've lost weight. When "strangers" are noticing, clearly I've changed haha.

Also, I've put off buying new jeans in a smaller size and have just been using a belt with my current ones because it's going to be warm soon and I hate to spend money on something I'll only wear for month (assuming I'll be a smaller size by next winter). Well today it's 70 out so I pulled out my capris that were too small to wear last summer. Apparently now they are too big! Not just a little, but fall off too big. While it a little bit sucks that I don't have a choice but to spend money on clothes for the summer now...it's a NSV none the less!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Just a quick drop in to say hi. I hope everyone is doing well. We are supposed to get a crazy snow storm. I have been trying to clear garage space out for one of our vehicles. It is a big garage; however, the truck I drive won't fit. Anyway, I realized my smartwatch is on the charger!!

@lelbarou, and @iradi8
    Thank you both for your posts😊😊
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams You are really amazing and your discipline is admirable, especially in the face of people that were not necessarily supporting you. I hope you realize that you have already achieved a major goal.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - Hurray!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the weights, and it seems like you were able to do it without pain, is that right?
  • 363days
    Options
    @tazaria87 That's so awesome!!!!! Congrats on being forced to buy new clothes.
    @lindamtuck2018 I have been using either coconut water, or plain water in my smoothies, I don't like milk either. I had one this morning with spinach, frozen peaches, blueberries, ginger and cinnamon. It was really good. For me, it is a good way to get my greens.
    @lelbarou I'm glad you are able to get in and have a Covid test - I hope it's not Covid!
    @Bluetail6 You are a tough cookie handling all of that snow!
    Today the women in my neighborhood met for the first time in weeks, temp was around 60. There are sometimes up to 10 of us, (6 ft apart) but today only 4 could show. It was so nice to talk to people in person. Tonight I'm going a little crazy and thinking about going to a movie. If I don't get out of the house it could be dangerous for any weight loss plans!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/9
    35 minute bike ride, moderate effort, 8.8 miles
    11,280 steps- huge walking day, ran two nearby errands walking vs taking the car

Thank you Megan 🤗
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Y’all are so friendly, inspiring, and encouraging. It’s such a nice way to end, (or start) my day! Thanks everybody! Again, my biggest gratitude is to @Bluetail6 for listening to me “rant” in messages.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps today were crazy for me: 9,524! Maybe that’s why I’m so tired today - I couldn’t figure out why I can’t stop yawning until I looked at my steps!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Great NSV’s!

@Bluetail6
    Stay safe in the storm!

@363days
    Weights were no problem but I didn’t do any legs. Bike a little but the treadmill was awful after awhile.

@red1185
    Awesome steps! Did you walk the dog again today?
This discussion has been closed.