Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- CONSISTENCY 102

This is a continuation of March week 1...
    It is a familiar kind of challenge - tracking the exact numbers of 2-3 things of your choice every single day. Just being consistent. And having alternatives if your plan gets derailed. Protect those numbers all week! Consistency is like a muscle - the more you do it, the better it gets.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826865/march-2021-week-2-challenge-consistency-102#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,970 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wished everyone on my MFP page today a big thank you!
    I wanted to say the same thing here, because the Downsizers and F2F
    has been the backbone of my support on MFP!

I could not have gotten this far and still be continuing on my journey without all of you!

I appreciate all of you! Your support, care, inspiration, compassion and motivation have helped me enormously and continue to do so!

I want to say a special thank you to @lindamtuck2018 who is the greatest motivator ever! I don't think I have ever met someone as kind, compassionate and sensible as you Linda! If there were ever a born motivator and supporter, then it would be you! We are so lucky to have you here on the Downsizers team!

Also, I wanted a special thank you to @Megan_smartiepants1970 for taking me out of the introduction page, friending me and and taking me under her wing and making me a part of F2F and the downsizers! You started my whole journey Megan! Without you, honestly, I would never have met all of you and all my MFP friends! You were the golden ticket allowing me entry to wonderful support, encouragement, and friendship! I really can't ever thank you enough!
    Megan, your dedication, energy and enthusiasm are so amazing and you keep this team going along with the fabulous Linda!

I just wanted you all to know this! How much I appreciate each and everyone one of you, and how lucky I am to know all of you and be a part of the Downsizers!❤❤❤❤❤❤

Awwwww that was truely one of the best post I have ever read on MFP ...Thank you so much .......You are soooooo welcome and I am sooo happy you joined our amazing team ...You have been very supportive on here and a marvelous person/friend on here so thank you for being YOU <3<3<3<3
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's steps 14.030 steps
    Today's weight 132.5 kg
    :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 241.6
    CW: 239.6

---

Morning all, here for Monday check in. Had a positive week on the food and activity front, fit in two walks, two weightlifting sessions and whatever else I walked indoors at home/in a supermarket.

I managed to stay under 1600 calories this past week (had one day 1700+ but the extra averaged the other days out to be under 1600 so in theory would still be on track for 1.5lb loss according to MFP. Got to 239.2 on Saturday, would have been nice if the scales didn't move back up on weigh in day, but 2 pound loss is still great.

It feels good to enter in another decade of numbers, I haven't been near this weight in about two years and as you know, when I started within this group in August/Sept last year, I was yoyoing in the late 240's and back into the mid 250's for a good few months and started to lose hope that the scales would go down from those numbers.

I still feel the fear of going back up to what I was, but as long as I keep being mindful, there's a chance of with a 1 pound loss a week for the rest of the year that I could be about 203 pounds by the end of this year, which would be amazing.. I'm certainly going to try getting close to that.

In other news, had a delicious sandwich recipe twice this weekend of a grilled halloumi burger (circular piece of plain halloumi cheese basically), added sweet chilli sauce, raw red bell pepper, spring onion or red onion, aromatico tomatoes, cucumber and round lettuce in a brioche burger bun.

Have a great week everyone!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for Mach 8
    CW 288. 8
    PW 294
    SW 265 (255 when start Downsizers)
    loss this week 5.2
    LTD 76.2 pounds

Well. I'm more than a little surprised at this loss. Since I overate, I can't seem to eat much but smoothies. Yesterday, I also had some nuts. My stomach still is finicky and anything with fat etc is just repugnant to me right now.

I'm not complaining. I will take it. Just a little confused....

Happy Monday! I wish everyone a great week!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 8
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes - 2 walks

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you again Megan! You are AWESOME!
    Steps - 14 187
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    Way to go Downsizers!

Congrats to our top three losers for the week!
    @Beautyofdreams
    @Tazaria87
    @draby2011
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    I am sure this will be gone next week. You had a tough week with your health and you are fight not to be upset with the gain.

@Tazaria87
    I hope the skating went well. It sounds like a fun family activity.

@azkunk
    Amazing loss! I know you have been working hard and your loss shows it. I am excited to see what you do this week. Any particular tweaks you are going to make this week?

@red1185
    Put yesterday behind you and work to make changes today. I think overall you are doing great!

@lcfa5317
    Great biking! Hope today the scales are in your favour.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Thank you for your kind comments! I was feeling a little down today and read this. It put a big smile on my face. You are working so hard and you are using all the tools available to you. Thats showing everyone how to succeed on this journey.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Awesome loss! The way you have turned your weight loss journey around is so inspiring. You set goals and you are crushing them. By the way, that sandwich sounds delicious!

@Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! That new diet is really working for you.

@lelbarou
    Awesome loss! Maybe you picked up a stomach bug. I hope it settles down cause you need more than smoothies. What kind of smoothies do you make? Great job on the walks. With the weather lately it really makes you want to get out there. Can you believe it is going out to 14 this week.

@jimboden3
    The sodium in the burger probably was a factor. It sounds so nice to get together with the family. We are having a small get together on Sunday for my husband’s birthday day and I am so looking forward to it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday check in
    ❌Steps 3,760
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

The girls ended up staying until after lunch. We just played video games, board games and cards. I just vegged in front of the tv for the rest of the day. I am still tired today but that is probably a result of doing nothing.

Today is the day! I am going to use the exercise room. I am feeling kind of nervous and I don’t know why. It has been along while since I did proper weight lifting. I have worked with a personal trainer in the past so I am sure it won’t take long to figure it all out and have proper form. Along with the weights I am going to do the exercise bike.

Have a great start to the week!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/7: 15,635
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Steps Sunday: 19 470
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams,@Tazaria87and@draby2011 Lovely, lovely job!
    And to the Downsizers team as a hole! We did a great job.
    @AZKunk - nice job on your weekly weight loss - I've tried to up my drinking!
  • 363days
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wished everyone on my MFP page today a big thank you!
    I wanted to say the same thing here, because the Downsizers and F2F
    has been the backbone of my support on MFP!

I could not have gotten this far and still be continuing on my journey without all of you!

I appreciate all of you! Your support, care, inspiration, compassion and motivation have helped me enormously and continue to do so!

I want to say a special thank you to @lindamtuck2018 who is the greatest motivator ever! I don't think I have ever met someone as kind, compassionate and sensible as you Linda! If there were ever a born motivator and supporter, then it would be you! We are so lucky to have you here on the Downsizers team!

Also, I wanted a special thank you to @Megan_smartiepants1970 for taking me out of the introduction page, friending me and and taking me under her wing and making me a part of F2F and the downsizers! You started my whole journey Megan! Without you, honestly, I would never have met all of you and all my MFP friends! You were the golden ticket allowing me entry to wonderful support, encouragement, and friendship! I really can't ever thank you enough!
    Megan, your dedication, energy and enthusiasm are so amazing and you keep this team going along with the fabulous Linda!

I just wanted you all to know this! How much I appreciate each and everyone one of you, and how lucky I am to know all of you and be a part of the Downsizers!❤❤❤❤❤❤

I second this. Linda and Megan go above and beyond to lead/support/motivate the group. I really appreciate it as well.
  • 363days
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Sunday, 3/7

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ❌ ✅ ✅
    Exercise 30 min brisk walking 5x /wk: ❔❔❔❔❔

Yesterday was a good day but the scale is up a tad. I was a little low on calories and protein. This week I will focus on dialing in my protein and I am committed to 5 days of walking briskly for at least 30 minutes.

I am super pissed at my PCP. I was there last week for my hip injection and we talked about my weight loss and me buying a rower. Later in the week, I learned from coworkers that they had used their HSA/FSA funds to purchase gym equipment. I looked in the HSA regulations and it says you can used the funds with a letter of medical necessity to treat a disease like obesity. For my non-US friends FSA and HSA are special savings accounts that contain money that I deposit for medical expenses. It’s tax free so there are rules for what qualifies,

My BMI at my last visit was 31.32 plus I am on meds to treat hypertension, cholesterol and arthritis. No brainer, right? So, I sent a message asking for a letter of medical necessity so that I can use the money that I saved to purchase the rower to continue my weight loss and improve fitness. Her response was that she is not comfortable writing the letter and I should go see a bariatric (obesity) doctor for that. Seriously!?!?! What is not to feel comfortable about? It’s my money, my BMI meets criteria and I am on medications for conditions that could be decreased or stopped even if I lost weight and exercised more. I think it’s time for a new doctor that is more comfortable in her practice.

The problem is that today my BMI is 30.6. I am going to have to load my pockets up with some quarters if I need to go to another doctor.

At the same time I was getting angry that the Doctor wouldn't give you her approval and write the letter, I was laughing at you trying to get your BMI up after trying so hard to get it down!! Seriously, it is for health, why do they care?????
This discussion has been closed.