WaistAways - March 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
6ulh5f465hlw.png

Here is your Team chat room for March 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    Options
    Welcome to March!
    This is our home for the month, where all of our triumphs and challenges take place. Please (re)introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @micki48. I live in rural Québec, about 85 miles east of Montreal, and I'm a retired university professor of music. My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed it on while in an admin job that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise, and lost 40 pounds. I have been in a good zone for almost 9 years now, always refining and figuring out the things that work best, and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link is under "Announcements" on the main F2F page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

So everyone, tell us a bit about you. It's fun to know your name and where you live, if you're willing to share that, but mostly it is good to hear what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the introductions roll!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hello, March! February was a hard month. I feel like I overcame several obstacles and figured out a way to make it work. I have a workout and eating plan for March. I am also 6 weeks away from turning 40!!! I used to have a set goal weight, but now I just want to feel my best. When I eat healthy and workout, I feel my best.

@micki48 I am so proud of your weight loss. I know I didn't check in a lot in Feb, but I noticed your weight has been steady. What a great feeling to see the scale move down.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps and Workouts

Sun 10,704
    Mon 10,882
    Tues 10,601
    Wed 8,221
    Thurs 11,557
    20 min Barre
    Fri 13,285
    20 min elliptical
    Sat 11,500
    30 min Barre
    10 min elliptical
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone!

@micki48 Here's my step and exercise update for the past week:

21st Feb - 2334 steps
    22nd Feb - 4820 steps / 29 mins Inner & Outer Thigh toning
    23rd Feb - 4447 steps / 29 mins Tabata
    24th Feb - 2414 steps
    25th Feb - 3970 steps / 41mins Full Body strength workout with dumbells
    26th Feb - 5801 steps / 31 mins general aerobics
    27th Feb - 3676 steps / 68 mins Full Body HIIT

I also had a lovely 2-mile walk this morning in the forest - it was good to know that I could do this walk - a couple of hills were involved! - and still talk to my friends.

Tomorrow I start my 25km Trek Training Plan in amongst a new fitness challenge that I'm starting this week - the SELF Together Challenge, which is a mix of strength and cardio workouts. I will also be starting my non-walking days with short yoga routines.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Excited to start this new month with you all!

Hello all team members new and established. My name is Yinka and I'm 57 years old. I am married with a grown up son and a little (old and cantankerous) little dog. We live in a beautiful Georgian town in Worcestershire called Bewdley, and I am an online English language teacher - for adult students for whom English is a second language.

I have about 40lb to lose and have been treading the same 5lb for the longest time. However, I think that I'm going to do it this year! I've signed on to an ultra walking challenge later in the year, so I have to train for that. And I'm looking forward to getting my fitness levels up even more. My eating is gradually getting better - snacking has been a perpetual downfall for me, but I am working on strategies to curb that.

Welcome to all newcomers - I think you're gonna like it here!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy new month!
    I just finished up last month's tallies, and we are NUMBER ONE for the full month! By total % of weight lost, we topped them all. Mind you, it was a really tough month for a couple of the teams, but still - I'm really proud of everyone for keeping on track as well as possible. Go you!!

To keep us going, this month's first challenge is based on consistency - inspired by @micki48 It is a familiar kind of challenge - tracking the exact numbers of 2-3 things of your choice every single day. Just being consistent. And having alternatives if your plan gets derailed. Protect those numbers all week! Consistency is like a muscle - the more you do it, the better it gets. Good luck! Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826044/march-2021-week-1-challenge-consistency-101/p1?new=1
  • riagalgate
    riagalgate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I came across this lovely group just over a week ago and I thinks its great to have a community to come to gain support and inspiration.
    So a bit about me, I'm 40 years old, with 3 children, 21, 16 and a 2yr old. I work full time as a Bank Manager, my hobbies (when I was fit and slim) was horse riding and playing badminton. Hoping to start back riding soon now that I've lost weight and getting stronger/fitter. I live in a lovely country village 30 minutes from Blackpool, and I LOVE it, we moved here 4 years ago next month and it was the best move ever!! I can say that now,it was a house of horrors when we first moved in and nearly put it back up for sale .
    I started my weight loss journey again in January. I started piling on the weight a few years back after injuring my back, a third child and then quitting smoking last March. I'm super excited about March, not only is it my birthday month but its also my 1 year anniversary of being smoke free, 1st time since being 14 years old and when I've not been forced to stop when I've been pregnant! I've saved nearly 4k in 1 year- that's UNREAL 🤯.
    Since January I've lost over 2 stone now but have another 2 stone to lose, I'm currently 11 stone 5lb and want to be 11st stone or under by my birthday on the 27th.
    For fitness I love running, spinning, cross trainer and currently using the beachbody app, mainly MBF and I absolutely love it, ive got into a great routine since January of getting up an extra 30 minutes early ans doing a workout before work.
    Here's hoping for a great March. Good luck everyone 😃😃
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

f7p7zzzp401z.png

:star:B):star:

0m3vp0vtbueb.png
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Katie from the UK, where I live with my husband and our two cats. I'm losing weight to feel more energetic and happier in my own skin.

We've had a busy weekend - lots of DIY and a couple of 1hr walks. I'm worn out, but not as bad as last weekend. I was going to be off work tomorrow but cancelled my holiday as we're very busy on a project that's coming to an end. Hoping to take a long weekend next weekend instead.

As it's the start of a new month, I want to look at my TDEE again, with a view to potentially reviewing my calorie goal. I also should be taking progress photos and measurements if I get up early enough before work tomorrow!

For March, my new habit will be 5 minutes of 'supportive training' each day. This is resistance bands or stretching etc, rather than focusing on cardio.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    For anyone who is interested, this is the link for the free 5 day Pilates workout. It starts tomorrow and only takes 15 minutes of your day. I'll be doing it with you.

thebalancedlifeonline.com/feel-good-pilates/
  • jugar
    Options
    riagalgate wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I came across this lovely group just over a week ago and I thinks its great to have a community to come to gain support and inspiration.
    So a bit about me, I'm 40 years old, with 3 children, 21, 16 and a 2yr old. I work full time as a Bank Manager, my hobbies (when I was fit and slim) was horse riding and playing badminton. Hoping to start back riding soon now that I've lost weight and getting stronger/fitter. I live in a lovely country village 30 minutes from Blackpool, and I LOVE it, we moved here 4 years ago next month and it was the best move ever!! I can say that now,it was a house of horrors when we first moved in and nearly put it back up for sale .
    I started my weight loss journey again in January. I started piling on the weight a few years back after injuring my back, a third child and then quitting smoking last March. I'm super excited about March, not only is it my birthday month but its also my 1 year anniversary of being smoke free, 1st time since being 14 years old and when I've not been forced to stop when I've been pregnant! I've saved nearly 4k in 1 year- that's UNREAL 🤯.
    Since January I've lost over 2 stone now but have another 2 stone to lose, I'm currently 11 stone 5lb and want to be 11st stone or under by my birthday on the 27th.
    For fitness I love running, spinning, cross trainer and currently using the beachbody app, mainly MBF and I absolutely love it, ive got into a great routine since January of getting up an extra 30 minutes early ans doing a workout before work.
    Here's hoping for a great March. Good luck everyone 😃😃
    Welcome! It is great to have another horse person in the team! I have not been able to ride for almost a year because of an injury last April, but I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago that should take care of it and I hope to be back on my lovely spotted fellow in another month or so. We're both going to need to ease into it! We will have to trade horse stories and drive everyone else on the team slightly crazy... Good for you for quitting smoking and kicking 2 stone to the curb. With a small child in the picture that is no small feat!

What are your goals for this month, and what are you going to track to make it happen?

My goal this month are to get slowly back into Pilates and some strength workouts. I still have to watch out as I heal from surgery so that no internal bleeding starts up again - so I'm taking it slow! Aiming for 15 minutes a day. Walking and snowshoeing every day as usual :smiley: And 30+ grams of fibre per day, minimal grains. Tally ho!
  • jugar
    edited February 2021
    Options
    As usual, I made a hash of the Sunday reminders. Just doing tallies uses up all my mental bandwidth, so you all get neglected. So sad - you miss out on being nagged every Saturday night! :wink:

But I'm making up for it by nagging the remaining Sunday people, and getting the heads-up out for the Monday people:
    Due today:
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @MzBossy - since you're new this is your first weigh-in! Just post it here, and ask any questions you might have.
    Due Monday:
    @DD265
    @fuschiabolero
    @smaidiigaa - you are also new so ditto as for MzBossy!

Enjoy the rest of the day :heart:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    28 Feb 6729 with a 30 minutes strength workout and many many flights of stairs lugging furniture, helping someone move (about 2 hours worth)
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today Steps 12,322
This discussion has been closed.