Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    @lindamtuck2018

Thank you both! Yes, I need to do a better job of drinking water. I was doing so well for a few months, then this past week I slipped back into my old routine of not drinking enough (I used to go an entire day drinking only a mug of coffee, maybe a glass of seltzer with lunch, a glass of wine or beer with dinner snd then a glass of milk with dessert).

Today I’m going to get back on track. Thank you for the support 🤗
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Friday
    PW 213.6
    CW 216

Thursday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 5,923
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk

It baffles me that I eat very little for 3 days when I was feeling unwell and I gain weight. It is actually 1.6 pounds less than yesterday. The body works in strange ways.

My granddaughters came over for the night yesterday. As we are going into lockdown, they can not come over for at least 4 weeks. Today we are getting our traditional Good Friday fish and chips. This is something we do as a family but due to the restrictions we are in right now we will be doing takeout. We will drop off an order to my kids and eat ours at home. There’s not many calories in fish and chips, right. 😂 The good news is I was able to register myself and my husband for our vaccines.

I am trying to come up with a 4 week challenge while I am in lockdown. I definitely want to include no junk food/takeout. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Happy FriYAY!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Piqueaboo - sorry that you are going back into lockdown but be grateful that your government cares more about people than businesses. In the US is up to each state to decide and my governor made the the face mask mandates ordered by the individual counties “uninforceable” and lifted occupancy restrictions for businesses.

@jimboden3 - my rower is preparing to ship too but I ended up with the Nordictrack since the weight was longer on the C2. I can totally relate to analysis paralysis... I have been shopping for “good knives” for 5 yrs now 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Bluetail6 - no travel plans yet. My state opened vaccines to everyone and my husband got his first shot. My kids are 11 and 14 so they are not able to be vaccinated yet. With Pfizer announcing their findings for 12-17, I am hopeful that the kids can get vaccinated the fall when my daughter turns 12. Then I will feel more comfortable traveling.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 - I used to have a hard time too. Now my goal is 90+ oz. I am also surprised how easy it is to slip into that bad habit. I think I need to figure about a way to make it more of an automatic thing.

@lindamtuck2018 - I’m so glad that you and your husband can get the vaccine finally

@lelbarou - that’s a great day! I think that I hit 20K once but 25K .. that AMAZING 🤩 So, happy that you too are getting the shot 😁
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - That is super that you and your hubby are getting your vaccines too! YAY! We are just constantly in lockdown in Toronto and in Ontario, right? The truth is with or without an official lockdown, I am staying as safe as I can due to being in a very high risk category. I just walk, stay at home, occasionaly do errands and see one friend! Nothing the government does or says will change what I do...but I understand it does heavily impact others...

As far as challenges for lockdown, that is a very good challenge question...What about challenges around organizing clutter and cleaning or scheduling your routine? Is this too boring? Hmmm. Trying to think of practical things around the house..

@azkunk - Thank you for your support about my steps and about getting the Covid shot!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    I certainly understand your hesitation to travel. I honestly wouldn't even have considered it till we we're both vaccinated. I do hope the Pfizer findings are positive, so your children can get vaccinated soon.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you!!

@363days
    Thank you. My husband gets the credit for the photo!! He know all about light, etc. Me? I can't even take a decent selfie....😂
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Although I have many, many failings or weaknesses,
    I realize I am capable of great sacrifice. I can see this partly because of Covid.
    Sacrifice is natural to me and is not that difficult for me.
    It's something that has shown up in other parts of my life, but it helps me with the pandemic.
    One make sacrifices not just for one's own wellbeing, but for everyone.

I like this quality in myself and see now it can be used for great purpose.
    I just think this is something I like about me.😊

Laura, you are ALWAYS such a positive, inspiring, beacon. Thank you🧡
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    4/1:
    Steps : 12,918
    Daily mini workout: ✔️

Happy Friday!!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou amazing walk. 25k steps! wow. i got my fitbit march 3rd and yesterday it told me i have walked 70 miles. nice picture of a penguin fishing. lol

rwood566
    check in day: friday
    PW 342.0
    CW 337.2

It's a good start. i've been dropping well for a couple weeks so i'm expecting a stall shortly. they usually last about 10 days with me gaining and losing the same 4 pounds constantly.

I got my shots early on. the local v.a. hospital opened it up to the high risk and old vets. i did get nervous on my first one because the guy behind me in line wasn't distancing and he told me that it was his first day off quarantine from him having covid. he was standing about a foot from me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    I can understand not wanting to post pictures were you can be recognized. Maybe you could use a photo editor to blackout your face. I am so jealous of your travel plans. We go home to Newfoundland every year for a month to see our family. We haven’t been there since June 2019. It is hard because we have seen our parents since then and they are elderly. My father-in-law will be 86 next month. Until the border opens in Newfoundland and our parents are vaccinated we can’t go. As soon as we can travel internationally I will be going to Scotland. So lots of travel plans eventually.

@lelbarou
    Wow! Those steps are crazy. That is a lot of walking. It will be good to get your covid vaccine. I hope it won’t take too long to get notified for ours. As you know, Ontario has the high risk people divided into 3 groups. London has only started on the highest risk of those 3 groups. So I will either get an appointment with the pharmacy or the vaccination clinic once they get to the risk level I fall into, which ever comes first. It is good that you are careful. I was very lucky I didn’t get sicker than I did with covid. The decluttering is a good idea as even though we recently moved in here I need to organize the walk in closet and the storage room. It is great that you can recognize good qualities in yourself. We all need to recognize the good in ourselves.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome loss!

@888Angie888
    Great start to your April challenge.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,858 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    I can understand not wanting to post pictures were you can be recognized. Maybe you could use a photo editor to blackout your face. I am so jealous of your travel plans. We go home to Newfoundland every year for a month to see our family. We haven’t been there since June 2019. It is hard because we have seen our parents since then and they are elderly. My father-in-law will be 86 next month. Until the border opens in Newfoundland and our parents are vaccinated we can’t go. As soon as we can travel internationally I will be going to Scotland. So lots of travel plans eventually.

@lelbarou
    Wow! Those steps are crazy. That is a lot of walking. It will be good to get your covid vaccine. I hope it won’t take too long to get notified for ours. As you know, Ontario has the high risk people divided into 3 groups. London has only started on the highest risk of those 3 groups. So I will either get an appointment with the pharmacy or the vaccination clinic once they get to the risk level I fall into, which ever comes first. It is good that you are careful. I was very lucky I didn’t get sicker than I did with covid. The decluttering is a good idea as even though we recently moved in here I need to organize the walk in closet and the storage room. It is great that you can recognize good qualities in yourself. We all need to recognize the good in ourselves.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome loss!

@888Angie888
    Great start to your April challenge.

Thank you so much Linda..Feels good to be back to weighing with our team :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,858 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 3 hour walk ....7.36 miles ....Love Love Love my New Balance shoes ...no feet pain YAY ...Again thank you for recommending them ..Greatly appreciate it :)
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @Bluetail6 and @lindamtuck2018 - Thank you both for your kind comments and continual support! I really appreciate both of you and the wonderful support you provide me both in the support group and on the main page! You are sooo AWESOME! ❤❤❤❤❤❤💕💕💕💕💕💕
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Congrats on the loss and awesome news that your new balance shoes are working so well for you! I also have a pair! They ROCK! And so do YOU!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @lelbarou amazing walk. 25k steps! wow. i got my fitbit march 3rd and yesterday it told me i have walked 70 miles. nice picture of a penguin fishing. lol

rwood566
    check in day: friday
    PW 342.0
    CW 337.2

It's a good start. i've been dropping well for a couple weeks so i'm expecting a stall shortly. they usually last about 10 days with me gaining and losing the same 4 pounds constantly.

I got my shots early on. the local v.a. hospital opened it up to the high risk and old vets. i did get nervous on my first one because the guy behind me in line wasn't distancing and he told me that it was his first day off quarantine from him having covid. he was standing about a foot from me.

@rwood566
    Great loss! Thank you for compliment about my steps!

I'm so glad you already got your shot, but that is terrible that people don't social distance esepcially when they are possible risks to others. I'm sorry this happened. You are much kinder than me! I would have been telling the person off and telling them to back way up! LOL
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Glad you are back from support!

Steps:
    3/30 11,763
    3/31 5,088
    4/1 8,277
This discussion has been closed.