Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee, I'm so sorry for this sad outcome of your friend. It's so very sad for someone we love to pass, but it seems an extra level of hurt that he is so young. I always feel so badly when a younger person passes. It sounds strange, but if I ever were in an accident, I would rather I die than an younger person. People should have and derserve a chance to live their lives and when it is suddenly cut short, it seems all the more painful. It is sad when anyone passes, but when it is a younger person, I feel it's somewhat more heartbreaking. But then you are right Lee! His life is to be celebrated. Some people live a lifetime in a short time. I certainly hope he was one of these people. God bless and take care my friend. We are here for you.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi Lee, I'm so sorry for this sad outcome of your friend. It's so very sad for someone we love to pass, but it seems an extra level of hurt that he is so young. I always feel so badly when a younger person passes. It sounds strange, but if I ever were in an accident, I would rather I die than an younger person. People should have and derserve a chance to live their lives and when it is suddenly cut short, it seems all the more painful. It is sad when anyone passes, but when it is a younger person, I feel it's somewhat more heartbreaking. But then you are right Lee! His life is to be celebrated. Some people live a lifetime in a short time. I certainly hope he was one of these people. God bless and take care my friend. We are here for you.

Thank you so much, Laura. I will be fine. So, so many fun memories... Camping together, holidays together, travel together... That's what we are focusing on. When his wife travels back home (here), I think I will go down and travel back with her, so she doesn't have to travel alone. I just couldn't imagine... They were such a tight couple. They both have children from prior relationships, and they were very close to each other's families. She is with his family now. Just ugh... we know all the kids and are pretty close to them. To the point when we were together with them (the friends) they would always call all the kids, and we would video chat with the kids and the grandkids, lol!! At times it was just crazy... Those are precious memories now. They all know how close we were to their parents. They know they can call us for anything. My heart breaks for all of them. My heart also rejoices because I had such a fine friend. I should try to get some sleep, as I have more out-of-town friends to notify in the morning.🧡
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee. So glad you have so many fond memories and that you will be there to keep his wife company. I'm so sorry for the children as well. Just terrible. I'm sure you will be there for them too. I can understand your heartbreak. I'm very happy you had such a good friend. Have a good rest and take care my friend. You are an awesome person and friend.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 that is a huge NSV, congrats! That sounds so fun!

Yes the renovations are a good distraction but I need to get motivated to find a job after all this time.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    TheresaM787
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 122
    CW (Current Weight): 124

I’m sorry team. Gained two pounds in one week. I’ve noticed a trend in my weight loss. I gradually lose, stall, climb and then lose again. For the past two days, I went over by about 200 calories (and not the healthy kind of calories either). I’m sure that played a large part also.

Hoping today is my last truly not great day (won’t be able to exercise- the bike is in my guest room, up early because it’s Easter and I have kids, going to be baking up a storm, then more family comes over for the day). I’ll be back on track exercise-wise after my parents leave (sad to see them go though). While they are here, starting tomorrow, I plan on trying to not go over by too much 😳

You see, my mom’s an amazing cook. Everything she makes is absolutely mouthwateringly delicious. I think she thinks butter and heavy cream are the lost healthy food groups 🤣

Happy Easter 🐣 enjoy
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 18,712

Got to see my daughter play volleyball today and took a long walk down by the water. Chilly walk but still nice with the sun out. The painters were still here so not able to do my regular workout but hopefully today since planning to have a quiet Easter. My meals have been ok but definitely eating too many snacks. Looking forward to starting a new week tomorrow and putting the craziness of last week behind me.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    t3qaydhp1bo2.jpg
    98ewhcoglf0z.png
    f9drxzpfz911.png
    dry53gtmqdpd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    g2676by8j4iw.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    5y3nd3n2w0nr.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @missysave0612 4.43 %
    2nd @bumpbreakcar 3.53%
    3rd @beka3695 3.13 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @missysave0612 9.7 Lbs
    2nd @laceyf53 7.0 Lbs
    3rd @beka3695 5.6 Lbs
    3rd @gak71 5.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @rachelrjh
    @podperson1
    @Jactop
    @smaidiigaa
    @transparentenigma
    @Pearl4686
    @iradi8
    @janek1705
    @caitlingfry

bp7o01tw66cy.png

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3/3
    6,890 steps intentional walking
    Logged all food and drink
    under calorie budget

Weight is up today and yesterday due to constipation from all the iron supplements that I am taking plus a binge yesterday evening. I think that my therapy session yesterday may have triggered it. We discussed self image and self esteem and these are very black areas for me.

@lelbarou, so sorry about your stomach flare up but 25,000 steps is awesome and it is a blessing that you can recognize your strengths.

@363days your trips sound awesome and so great that you have had your vaccinations. I was so impressed with the "Atomic Habits" videos that I ordered the book. Some of these things I have always done but am hoping to learn more especially the self identity concepts

@megan_smartiepants1970 congratulations on getting a surgery date. I do not wish to participate in the step challenge at this time while I am still healing.

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 148.9
    CW: 151.7
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post April 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 104oz
    Steps 14852
    Exercise 113min Walk around the lake

Yesterday ended up being a crazy busy day. Got up in the morning and went for a walk with my parents. The long trail ended up being 5.2 miles. Then after I got home I fed my kids lunch and took them over to my parents house for the day. My cat had a UTI and is now done with her meds so we spent the whole afternoon cleaning the basement and shampooing the carpets. Then we took a break and went and got sushi for dinner before picking the kids back up. That was definitely the highest step day I've had so far.

This morning my kids went through their Easter baskets and then we had an egg hunt in the basement. They had a blast and it was really fun watching them run around finding all the eggs. They are 3 and 5 and they are so fun at this age. After lunch we are heading to my parents house for a little get together and dinner. It's going to be really nice outside so the egg hunt there will be out in the yard.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,519 Member
    Options
    @cesse47
    Awesome loss!

@Tazaria87
    Nice loss! You are on track to meet that 100 pounds lost goal. Enjoy your Easter with your family.

@red1185
    Congrats on the loss! It is important to set goals that work for us individually.

@rwood566
    I love your humour.

@AlphaEliJoe
    Nice loss!

@iradi8
    That is a great NSV.

@Bluetail6
    I am sorry about your friend. I love that you are celebrating his life.

@lelbarou
    Stay strong! I truly think losing weight and keeping it off is something that never comes easy. I know with myself it seems to ebb and flow how hard it is. I hope you can work things out with your friend. Addiction is a hard thing for people to understand.

@TheresaM787
    Enjoy your time with your family. Tomorrow is a new day and you can focus on getting those calories back to normal. Sounds like your Mom really knows how to cook.

@rlaskey2
    Are your renovations done now? I guess it will be nice to have your house back to normal. You are right it’s Monday tomorrow and it is a fresh new week.

@Beautyofdreams
    The therapy will be worth it in the long run. It is surprising what can trigger binge eating.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Just a reminder on the weigh in format. It makes it a lot easier for me to find.

Username:
    Weigh in Day
    PW:
    CW:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 3,302
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I am struggling today. Missing another holiday with the family is hitting me hard. Going to try my best not to eat my feelings today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,084 Member
    Options
    3/3
    6,890 steps intentional walking
    Logged all food and drink
    under calorie budget

Weight is up today and yesterday due to constipation from all the iron supplements that I am taking plus a binge yesterday evening. I think that my therapy session yesterday may have triggered it. We discussed self image and self esteem and these are very black areas for me.

@lelbarou, so sorry about your stomach flare up but 25,000 steps is awesome and it is a blessing that you can recognize your strengths.

@363days your trips sound awesome and so great that you have had your vaccinations. I was so impressed with the "Atomic Habits" videos that I ordered the book. Some of these things I have always done but am hoping to learn more especially the self identity concepts

@megan_smartiepants1970 congratulations on getting a surgery date. I do not wish to participate in the step challenge at this time while I am still healing.

Thanks ... I will excuse you ..Thanks for letting me know ...and I hope you heal quickly
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

h5u0bn5ykl5k.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Bluetail6 - Sorry about your unpleasant phone call ....Awesome that you are celebrating his life ....Hugs
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 CHALLENGE

eva10l48z0qr.png

Week 2 challenge is up and running. This is an old favorite -- Consistency!
    Simply pick 2 or 3 habits - post daily if you are successful with obtaining them.

SIMPLE AS THAT!!

Please find below the link and post away!!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10829372/april-2021-week-2-challenge-consistency-101/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Congrats @missysave0612 for coming in 1st for our team in weightloss ...Congrats @transparentenigma for coming in 2nd of our team and Congrats @iradi8 for coming in 3rd :):) ...Well done ladies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Just a reminder .... I need the following people's steps so I can post the results soon :)

@AlphaEliJoe 3/28-4/3
    @Piqueaboo 4/2 & 4/3
    @363days- 3/28-4/3
    @azkunk -4/3
    @Z1ORtza- 3/29-4/3
    @lcfa5317 -4/3
    @red1185 -3/28
    @missysave0612 -4/1-4/3
    @transparentenigma -3/28-4/3

If I do not have your steps by tomorrow evening I will be zeroing them out .... Thank you for your cooperation :)
This discussion has been closed.