Options
    Steps 4/3: 16,870
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,519 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I put the wrong steps in for yesterday when I posted earlier. Should be 5990
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,084 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I put the wrong steps in for yesterday when I posted earlier. Should be 5990

I changed it :)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    My steps for yesterday were 8889. ( April 3)

April 3 check in
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 8889

I wrote a long check in about things this morning.
    On the positive side, it was my sister's and nephew's birthdays today.
    I sent my sister some flowers and she enjoyed them as well as my funny texts.
    I think my nephew enjoys my sense of humour too! Sent him some silly and funny texts too!
    Have a happy Easter! 🐰🐰🐰🐰🌞🌞🌈🌈😄🌹🌹
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - Thank you for your concern about my stomach and your kind comments about my 25 000 step goal. You are very kind and I appreciate you.

@lindamtuck2018 - Thank you for your support. I'm hanging in there. I am very sensitive, but I'm also one pretty tough customer! LOL I will see this through. Just it's very challenging and some people as you rightly point out DO NOT understand addiction at all! I guess ignorance is bliss, but unfortunately it ends up sometimes in blind stupidity! People should educate themselves a little! Anyway, it isn't being green as Kermit says, but I'm me and that's pretty great!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/3 Steps 20,427

My steps include kayaking:)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 sending prayers for healing to all of you!

@iradi8 great job on the kayaking! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
    You’re right: baby steps! It’s not always easy, though.

@AlphaEliJoe great weigh-in! Congrats!!

@363days thanks!
    @cesse47 congrats on those awesome numbers!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 today was not a good day. I do not feel well, so I spent the day mostly in bed. I probably got about 200 steps total.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,084 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    @Bluetail6 sending prayers for healing to all of you!

@iradi8 great job on the kayaking! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
    You’re right: baby steps! It’s not always easy, though.

@AlphaEliJoe great weigh-in! Congrats!!

@363days thanks!
    @cesse47 congrats on those awesome numbers!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 today was not a good day. I do not feel well, so I spent the day mostly in bed. I probably got about 200 steps total.

Sorry you aren't feeling well .. I hope you feel better soon .... Do you have steps for 3/28 I am missing them?
  • lelbarou
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:173.2
    CW: 173.3
    LTD: 33.7

I felt like it was a good week and I’m disappointed that it ended in a gain. I’m not going to let that deter me and will keep up the effort. The scale has got to come down sooner or later. My rower should ship this week. I hope the more intense exercise will kick start some loss

Hi @azkunk, it's frustrating when our weight doesn't change, but you are right that the scale will come down. I have had weeks where there is little or no change and then in two weeks it drops quite a bit. You definitely have the right attitude to succeed and I'm sure you will. I'm glad your rower is coming and exercise will definitely add another level of calorie burning and deficit that will increase the speed of loss. Awesome developemnt! Great job and awesome attitude! You are a very impressive and strong person and you are inspirational!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/4
    Steps 5,200

Happy Easter 🐣
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    To Everyone:

Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean more than I can express at the moment, so not replying individually, just now. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but very grateful. With this best friend, I left nothing unsaid. I can't tell you how important that feels and is to me. Again, thank you all. Keep your loved ones close. 🧡🧡Lee
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Lee, I am so very sorry. How wonderful to have had someone like him in your life. That is something special. I love that you said that his life is to be celebrated:)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    check-in for 4/4
    steps - maybe 100??? i barely left the couch all day. I felt lightheaded alot today. i'm glad it wasn't yesterday when i was at the park. i think my body needed a break. last week was the most i've exercised in a week.
    calories - under 1800. actually it's under 1500 if everything was logged somewhat accurately. ate some things that i had to guess on.
    exercise - did some arm work with a 15 lb dumbbell. sorry @Megan_smartiepants1970, i can't tell you the names of the exercises since i don't know the names or if they are actual exercises. i've been winging it.

i re-calculated my calories needed using my current weight and the site changed my limit from 2520 to 2068 or so. i'm still trying to stay under 1800.
  • iradi8
    Options
    I wanted to let my team know that I have to have a surgical procedure done on Monday. It is general anesthesia, and I will come home several hours later. I am pretty nervous because the last time I had surgery was 30 years ago for my knee. I'll have to take it easy with no exercise or lifting anything heavy for two weeks. Hopefully I'll be okay to get back on track soon:)

I'm hoping to get back on the message boards in a couple of days.

@lindamtuck2018 I'll probably have to skip the weigh-in this week, but will let you know.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Can you please take me off of the step challenge for this week that started today?
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Congrats on your 100 days of logging. Awesome streak!

@iradi8
    Good luck with the surgery! I know I will be scared when I have mine.
    It is normal and natural. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but you are strong and you can do it. I hope your healing and road to recovery is quick.

@rwood566
    Great job on staying under and way to go on your activity level lately.
    You are really making great strides and progress.

@red1185
    Sorry you have had a tough time. I understand depression and mood swings.
    It's not easy. We are all different and have different things to contend with.
    It's okay to have self care and rest days.
  • lelbarou
    Options
    Check in for April 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 16 877

I just got a message from someone that was so insensitive and beyond crossing boundaries. I'm just going to breath and remember that this person is going through a hard time themselves. Please don't be insensitive. Don't cross other people's personal boundaries. Don't give advice that was not asked for. Respect others as you would respect yourself. I am taking the higher road.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in: Monday (Apr 5, 2021)
    CW: 209.6
    PW: 212
    SW: 240

Back into the sub-210 level (again) which I bounced around a bit in March but I expected a little of that dynamic with lots of eating out during our Spring break vacation (although I did enjoy the walks on the beach). Now it's back to business with my new rower supposedly showing up tomorrow night. I'm sure it will be later in the week before it's actually setup as we first need to take apart a universal machine that will be going out to the driveway with a 'free' sign (we only paid $150 for it 2nd hand more than 20 years ago and the cables are now frayed (which is dangerous) but the price is right for someone who likes a cheap DIY project). Our exercise room is only big enough for 2 pieces of equipment and that will be the new rower, my old weight bench and maybe a smart TV If hit my April goal of 3 lb loss.

The weather is getting nice again and I'm pretty thrilled to be getting out in the early hours again (GOODBYE WINTER!!!) I went on a 27 minute jog/walk this morning for about 4,300 steps and I feel like I'm starting to hit my groove again (pre-COVID) - now I just need to temper my enthusiasm as I still have a lot of hard work in front of me.

Another bit of good news - my first COVID vaccine is scheduled for this Friday and my company has confirmed they're definitely having everyone come into the office by Sept 13 (although we can come in now if we follow safety protocols but it's pretty much a ghost town). I know a lot of people are going to have a hard time getting used to commuting / dressing up / shaving again but absolutely worth it so we cab reconnect with co-workers again. I still need to be mindful that we still have a long way to go for the rest of world to catch up with vaccinations and there's a risk of reinfection with new variants / strains but all in all, things are a heck of a lot more positive than they were just 6 months ago and with the weather warming up we can socialize with neighbors and friends safely outside without 3 layers and a fire pit. Stay safe everyone!
This discussion has been closed.