Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope all goes well. You are in thoughts and prayers. I hope the procedure room is warmer than the ER!! Lee🧡
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    PW: 182.8
    CW: 182.8

I will take staying the same I guess. Got my workout in yesterday one I had never done before called power grab bag. Had a nice day with my mom. Made it though another day with no sweets.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 eiahing you a successful surgery and a quick recovery! Hoping you be back to crushing us all on steps soon.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Steps 13,277

Whoops forgot my steps in first post. Got up early today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope and pray all goes well tomorrow and a speedy recovery too!

Thank you so much @iradi8 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 good luck tomorrow. try not to stress to badly and i hope you warm up.

Thank you so much @rwood566 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope all goes well. You are in thoughts and prayers. I hope the procedure room is warmer than the ER!! Lee🧡

Thank you so much Lee :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 eiahing you a successful surgery and a quick recovery! Hoping you be back to crushing us all on steps soon.

Thank you so much @rlaskey2 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Will be leaving in 30 minutes to drive 40 minutes to the hospital ... thank goodness it is outpatient so I will be home this afternoon :)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @red1185 I hear Better Help being advertised on Podcasts a lot - I'm so glad you reached out to someone. I also started using online counseling, several months ago. I think it is difficult to identify what is causing the funk, if you are like me and have no real reason to be down. It's just Covid-itis. The counseling has helped a lot and I prefer doing it online - so easy!
    @rwood566 You did so great fighting the urge!! It sounds like you are on your way to breaking a habit. I'm trying to build that will power muscle and last night I was literally wishing it was bedtime so I wouldn't have to fight the urge anymore.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so excited to hear how your Friday goes!!! Good luck. Yes, why are those hospitals so freezing cold? Does it kill germs?
    @lcfa5317 I hope your daughter is recovering, that's scary. That is tough when you can't be there for a loved one.
    @Bluetail6 I hope the trip is for Fun! or that you can find some fun in it. Phone time is when my patience really gets tested.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @red1185 I hear Better Help being advertised on Podcasts a lot - I'm so glad you reached out to someone. I also started using online counseling, several months ago. I think it is difficult to identify what is causing the funk, if you are like me and have no real reason to be down. It's just Covid-itis. The counseling has helped a lot and I prefer doing it online - so easy!
    @rwood566 You did so great fighting the urge!! It sounds like you are on your way to breaking a habit. I'm trying to build that will power muscle and last night I was literally wishing it was bedtime so I wouldn't have to fight the urge anymore.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so excited to hear how your Friday goes!!! Good luck. Yes, why are those hospitals so freezing cold? Does it kill germs?
    @lcfa5317 I hope your daughter is recovering, that's scary. That is tough when you can't be there for a loved one.
    @Bluetail6 I hope the trip is for Fun! or that you can find some fun in it. Phone time is when my patience really gets tested.

Thanks @363days ...I am anxious to finally get this done today :)
  • 363days
    Options
    I have been so lethargic! As mentioned, my delivery plan is high calories and I don't think it is that satisfying, but I've only done it for one week. Last night I was gripping the walls to keep from eating something else, and I was successful. This RARELY happens and I was so excited to wake up this morning and not feel guilt over another over eating episode. Last night I got online to look at meal plans for my calorie goal, and if I do it as suggested, it seems I get to eat a lot more and will be more satisfied. I still like the meal delivery, for the moment, because it brings variety into my kitchen, I'm not much of a cook. I am going to freeze part of it each time, so I'm not eating the same thing 3 times in a row. I'm going to use some of the calorie menus I found online for suggestions for others. I did 30 minute walk and 10 minute yoga - had to force myself. It is allergy season here and I think that adds to the low energy but nothing feels better than realizing you accomplished the goal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    I had a Fitbit ionic before the charge 4 that I have now. I was big and had lots of functions. I did get used to it after awhile. It died last June as all my Fitbits do and I regret not getting either an Apple Watch or a versa. My eyes are getting old so I need a bigger screen. 😂. Awesome ride!

@lcfa5317
    It is so hard when our children live so far away. I hope she is well enough to leave hospital today.

@rwood566
    I hope your headache is better. I wonder if it is the time of year for feeling in a funk. I put mine down to my sleep pattern. Do you like walking in the rain? I haven’t done it in years but I used to love walking in the rain. I found it so cleansing for the soul. Either that or I was hoping it would help me grow.

@rlaskey2
    Great job on the snacking! You have any tips you would like to share?

@363days
    Great job on staying away from extra food. I know how hard that can be so it is a great feeling when we resist that urge. When talking to my daughter yesterday she is starting hello fresh for her family. I told her to beware of the calories after your post yesterday. She sent me a link to a food service that caters to weight loss. I wouldn’t mind trying that but my hubby is a pain in the butt when it comes to food. He is a meat and potatoes guy which is so boring. Great job on the exercise! I hope your allergies settle down.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Good luck with your surgery today!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,597
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

Finally got a green check for sleep. One big thing I did different is I took medication for my anxiety so I know that helped. The doctor last Wednesday also asked me to try melatonin again. He told me to take 10 mg so I cut it back to 5mg last night as I thought it could be contributing to the anxiety. I tried the music last night but I had some difficulty with the app so I am going to play with it today. I did listen to it for about 15 minutes before I went to bed. I know I changed to many variables last night to say which one worked. I have a follow up appointment today with that doctor so we will see what his thoughts are. I did have trouble falling to sleep but I did way early than I have been. As I wasn’t up real late and anxious, I did not eat the kitchen. I had a big drop in weight this morning. All my water weight is gone plus a tiny bit. I know I concentrate on sleep but after 2 years of doing this I know my biggest two problems with weight loss are sleep and anxiety.

I am heading out for my walk soon. My atomic habits came yesterday. The workbook and journal will be here on Saturday. I am excited to read this!

Happy Hump Day!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @363days
    I’ve been binge-listening to two weight loss podcasts, both offer realistic advice and motivation:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/half-size-me/id502334416

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-only-look-thin/id1335251466?i=1000401467100

You did better than I did last night. 😆 I should have gripped the walls- instead I didn’t listen to myself saying “portion out the cheese puffs in a bowl” and wound up eating too much.

I have a bunch of pins on a weight watchers board (don’t know why I named it that when I’ve never done weight watchers)
    https://pin.it/1JiGiSP
    Feel free to scroll through.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ybeifbblj0lt.jpeg

There has been lots of posts about resisting snacking urges. Please share your tips.
  • 363days
    Options
    @363days
    I’ve been binge-listening to two weight loss podcasts, both offer realistic advice and motivation:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/half-size-me/id502334416

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-only-look-thin/id1335251466?i=1000401467100

You did better than I did last night. 😆 I should have gripped the walls- instead I didn’t listen to myself saying “portion out the cheese puffs in a bowl” and wound up eating too much.

I have a bunch of pins on a weight watchers board (don’t know why I named it that when I’ve never done weight watchers)
    https://pin.it/1JiGiSP
    Feel free to scroll through.

Thanks for all the shares and ideas. I listen to podcasts a lot and will try these out. Ahhhh, sometimes gripping the walls works - sometimes it doesn't, but we just keep traveling the road. I'll take a look at your pins, too!
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I am thrilled for you that you were able to sleep last night. I can't imagine what it is like to consistently be struggling with that issue. Hello Fresh has great food - I had a lot of trouble not eating the two servings at the same time, it was so good and you are right to warn her, because they were high calories. I stopped them only because I really don't enjoy cooking and it was a lot of prep. Could you share the name of the company for low cal service?
    Regarding your question on how to deal with snacks - I sometimes have to actually leave the house, the pull is so strong. I know they say to get everything out of the house, but then I feel deprived, and start feeling like a victim. When I run an errand right after work, or walk the dogs, that seems to break some type of cycle.
This discussion has been closed.