Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 you hit every goal 👏👏👏👏
    That’s so motivating to hear that, “you are thankful for the life you have now”. Healthier - tracking everything - drinking over 80 oz of water- keeping your calories under - exercising. Plus lots of family time 🎉
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have a condo in the Southwest that we need to check on after having had some work done last winter. Some things came came up. It was originally going to be a rental, but with Covid, things got pushed back. It is ok, just having to move a bunch of stuff around. As this is in addition to all of the other plans we've already made. Also, with more and more folks traveling, I got a little sticker shock, with respect to the price of the ticket!! Anyway, we have family and friends there. I'm planning on getting in some walking/hiking if possible. So, yes, there is a fun factor.😊

It was very nice of your daughter to post on the Wall!! Really glad you are home and resting.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @363days

I just realized it was you who originally wrote the comment!! I'm going to quote you what I wrote to @Megan_smartiepants1970 (ignore the last paragraph):
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have a condo in the Southwest that we need to check on after having had some work done last winter. Some things came came up. It was originally going to be a rental, but with Covid, things got pushed back. It is ok, just having to move a bunch of stuff around. As this is in addition to all of the other plans we've already made. Also, with more and more folks traveling, I got a little sticker shock, with respect to the price of the ticket!! Anyway, we have family and friends there. I'm planning on getting in some walking/hiking if possible. So, yes, there is a fun factor.😊

It was very nice of your daughter to post on the Wall!! Really glad you are home and resting.

• Bluetail6
    Options
    Welcome @TheresaM787 !!😊
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    CW = 190.1
    PW= 192.1
    username. lcfa5317

This is late. I had to fly to St. Louis yesterday because my daughter had an emergency. I’m in the hospital with her now.
    Life is never boring.
    Steps on 04/25 = 10,143
    Steps on 04/26 = 10,416

I’m not getting many steps today as we are sitting in the hospital room. She is slowly improving. She was not in an accident, but was losing a lot of blood. I have a flight home tomorrow, so I hope she’s feeling better.

Hoping your daughter is ok. Positive and healing thoughts out to you.🧡
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    How are you feeling?

4/28
    Well, I wore my husband’s Apple Watch while on the bike. It counted my “steps” 😠 so, I’m going to lust just the steps, do I don’t double dip.
    Steps 10,300 - I wish I could be happy with that number, but the watch counted either 4 or 5,000 steps while I was on the bike. It would have been the first time in, wow I don’t know how long. that I hit my 10,000 step goal.
    Tomorrow, I’ll try to remember to set the watch to bike.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Thank you to Megan’s daughter for sharing that Megan is well and resting. That’s incredible news 💐
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m so glad the surgery went well and that you are resting. Part of me thought you were going to try to sneak out for one of your momentous long walks 😆

@rwood566
    Your post made me spit out my coffee 🤣 what a memorable day! Hilarious 😂
    That was a terrific calorie day, especially when at a park👏👏 Congrats on the high step count🎉🎉 3 1/2 hours wow!!

@roz0810
    🤗 forget last week, it’s finished. Weight naturally fluctuates. On the bright side, now you get to start over 😁 what will you do differently?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,502 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    I had a quick peak at your pins and I will be definitely pinning some of them.

@363days
    It is a Canadian company called LiveFit. The website is livefitfood.ca. I know you are in the States but maybe there is something like this in your area. I think leaving the house maybe an idea I can use. I would feel safe going for a circle around the 3 buildings. The only thing I would have to be scared of is the skunks once they start coming around.

@Tazaria87
    You have come so far on this journey. Not only have you lost weight but your overall thinking has changed. You are an inspiration.

@TheresaM787
    Just curious if the watch has a setting for stationary bike. When I set mine it keeps giving me an error that regarding the gps but when I sync it shows my bike exercise.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Glad you are doing well!

@rwood566
    You are so funny. Can you swim with the sharks at sea world? One of my regrets is not doing that when I was in the Dominican. I did swim with the dolphins and sting rays. The sting rays was in Florida but I am not sure which park. Aquatic world or something like that. Walking around Sea Worls is great exercise plus you had fun. Great check in!

@roz0810
    I agree with Theresa, put last week behind you and move on.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    ✅Steps 5,995
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

Last night I slept really well! I had a good appoint with my doctor. I don’t like to take the medication for anxiety but he said it’s ok while my anxiety is high. He adjust some medications he has me on so we will see what the next few nights bring. I have my last 2 appointments of the week. One is with the dietitian (yay) the other is with the dentist (😩). I have lots of things to pick my dietitians brain about today. My weight jumped slightly today but I was over on sodium yesterday. Hopefully, it comes down to give me a small loss for tomorrow. It is meal planning day. I am walking to the dentist and back for today’s walk. It is raining so it will be interesting. I have to buy an umbrella. 🤷‍♀️

Happy Thursday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,310 Member
    Options
    We have a new member heading our way ... Please welcome @lmf1012 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 since i don't want you to split your side (literally) laughing at any of my jokes, i won't tell you any. please get better soon so i can start up again. lol

check-in for 4/28:
    steps - 7107.
    calories - about 1550. even had some hot air popcorn for dessert.
    exercise - no "set" exercise. i just spent 3 1/2 hours walking around sea world.

My trip to sea world was fun, but very painful. towards the end my back was killing me, one of my ears plugged up, and my pulse was high the whole trip. i had my hands viciously attacked by cleaner fish. they felt weird but it was wild. i fed sea lions, got pooped on by a bird, watched a penguin stand and wave to everyone with one wing, discussed with my daughter which shark we would try to slip into her backpack and bring home. unfortunately the one she wanted to bring home was a 6 foot long nurse shark. since she brought her small backpack that plan was out of the realm of possibly getting away successfully. it would have been very hard to explain having a shark tail flapping around everywhere. i think it would have been a very interesting sight, though.

thursday is national shrimp scampi day. if you haven't already planned your meals, maybe you can consider this for dinner.

LOL ..... Quite sore today but doing okay... I slept good last night ..looking forward to hearing your jokes so I can laugh :p
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m so glad the surgery went well and that you are resting. Part of me thought you were going to try to sneak out for one of your momentous long walks 😆

@rwood566
    Your post made me spit out my coffee 🤣 what a memorable day! Hilarious 😂
    That was a terrific calorie day, especially when at a park👏👏 Congrats on the high step count🎉🎉 3 1/2 hours wow!!

@roz0810
    🤗 forget last week, it’s finished. Weight naturally fluctuates. On the bright side, now you get to start over 😁 what will you do differently?

LOL ......I am struggling walking to the bathroom ..let alone walking to my truck in the driveway .... I won't be walking outside anytime soon :p but boy do I miss it BADDDDDDDD
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    ✅Steps 5,995
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

Last night I slept really well! I had a good appoint with my doctor. I don’t like to take the medication for anxiety but he said it’s ok while my anxiety is high. He adjust some medications he has me on so we will see what the next few nights bring. I have my last 2 appointments of the week. One is with the dietitian (yay) the other is with the dentist (😩). I have lots of things to pick my dietitians brain about today. My weight jumped slightly today but I was over on sodium yesterday. Hopefully, it comes down to give me a small loss for tomorrow. It is meal planning day. I am walking to the dentist and back for today’s walk. It is raining so it will be interesting. I have to buy an umbrella. 🤷‍♀️

Happy Thursday!

Great job with all the green check marks Linda .... :) Dr. appt. tomorrow to get the drain out.... Labs on Monday... I see my regular Dr. on the 10th ...My blood sugar in the hospital was 153 while fasting (they were concerned) and my white blood count was high but Dr was okay with it ... I am not sure if my blood sugar machine is off or if theirs was off ...when I do it at home it is in the low 100's ..hmmmm
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Hi Team!!!

I am so excited to find this group and anxious to join in with the May challenge! My name is Joni and I am 48 and 5'4", and a single mom to three awesome kiddos, two of whom are "adults" now. I just started this journey on March 30 weighing 166 with a goal weight range of 120-130. So far I have lost 11 pounds (8 of it was initial water weight the first 2 weeks lol)

My overall healthy living plan includes eating roughly 85-95% whole foods, limiting carbs to whole grain/wheat bread, berries, and the occasional sweet potato and staying within my calorie deficit. I do strength training 3 days a week and try to walk most days. My biggest challenge is exercise, as I really just do not enjoy it at all. None of it. I have to work to make myself go to the gym each and every time.

My primary goals are to get off blood pressure and cholesterol medication and just feel better overall. Secondary, I want to fit into smaller clothes!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the group and supporting each other!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »

Hi Team!!!

I am so excited to find this group and anxious to join in with the May challenge! My name is Joni and I am 48 and 5'4", and a single mom to three awesome kiddos, two of whom are "adults" now. I just started this journey on March 30 weighing 166 with a goal weight range of 120-130. So far I have lost 11 pounds (8 of it was initial water weight the first 2 weeks lol)

My overall healthy living plan includes eating roughly 85-95% whole foods, limiting carbs to whole grain/wheat bread, berries, and the occasional sweet potato and staying within my calorie deficit. I do strength training 3 days a week and try to walk most days. My biggest challenge is exercise, as I really just do not enjoy it at all. None of it. I have to work to make myself go to the gym each and every time.

My primary goals are to get off blood pressure and cholesterol medication and just feel better overall. Secondary, I want to fit into smaller clothes!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the group and supporting each other!

Welcome to our very talkative group ...Happy to have you here .... :)
This discussion has been closed.