Mission Slimpossible - April 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,814 Member
    edited April 2021
    @laurelfit57 It's funny you mentioned about the dry eyes with contacts. I can tell when I start to get dehydrated because apparently my eyeballs are the first thing to go dry!! I'll drink a bunch of water and voila! Good as ever!
    Sorry to hear about your mom, it's so frustrating. But props to you for not letting your stress derail you. That is a huge accomplishment, and you should feel proud!

@trooworld I'm sorry you had such a stressful day. It's good that you know what you need to do to manage the stress, now you just need to do it! I like the self-care graphic, thanks for sharing.

@caitlingfry Oh that's such a lovely story about the fiddle leaf fig! The plants are like us, they need some TLC to show new growth. Your sister is lucky to have you looking after it!
    It must be frustrating to not be able to enjoy the foods you like. I like how you described the confusion between your senses - it reminds me of those time when you see someone drinking, say, creaming soda, and you go to take a sip of your own drink which is lemonade. It throws you for a second because somehow you were expecting creaming soda when you knew you had lemonade!
    Take care of yourself and don't put too much pressure on your recovery time - other people I know are taking a long time to get any energy or stamina back so just do what you can and be careful to not overdo it!

@Cornanda Awww I'd love to see a pic of your doggo curled up in his donut bed!
    The competitors (or "Cliffhangers" as they call themselves!) run on a set track and the spectators can view from anywhere along the track as long as they're at a safe distance. We weren't really interested in climbing the rocky hill to look at the other sections of track but lots of other people did. Each day they do different stages (some are winching, some are navigation waypoints spanning a hundred kilometres for the day, some are short course flat track racing, some are done at night time, it's a real variety!) and the stages are spread out over different areas of my parents' property, so the spectators drive out in a convoy to wherever the action is for the day, and then head back to camp when it's done. It really is quite a production - they have 100 teams competing and over the course of the 6-day competition, they will drive 1000 km in the stages!

@TeresaW1020 Bummer about the hair appointment! Hopefully next week. Don't beat yourself up about the portions, given you're only eating one meal a day and working out on top of that, I can't see how you would have eaten at a surplus for the day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I kind of had an up and down day yesterday. I did well all day, even got some walking in at work. But then I got home and got into the Pringles and, well, I ate wayyyy too many! After dinner I rode on my stationary bike and did some glute strengthening work, and then did a video that my massage therapist sent me to help improve my plantar fasciitis, and then meditated. I finished the day with a deficit after all, despite the Pringles. And this morning my foot does feel a lot better so I'm going to do that video every day and see if it keeps helping!

Today is just a normal day at work, and we have leftovers for dinner so plenty of time for self-care this evening!
    Tomorrow we are doing a day trip to the nearest regional city for some shopping. I need to pay for my new laptop which we were able to order over the phone, but not pay for (for some reason!). I'm not sure if it will be in yet or if we'll have to do another trip when it arrives in store, but the sale price ends on the 19th so I need to pay by then. It will be a big, long day as it's 600km of driving (around 6 hours plus stops) on top of whatever time we spend shopping. Huge day for the toddler, but he's a champ and doesn't complain too much!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    az4z3hp1yj4u.png
    Goals for April:
    gakjfoyurycf.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,498 Member
    edited April 2021
    @caitlingfry Oh gosh, the triple threat, that sounds awful! That's great that you were able to find some positives in all of this. I do not have a green thumb, I kill even the most beginner of plants! Everyone's weight loss journey is their own and you certainly don't have to share it with anyone you don't feel comfortable doing so with. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to share it with us! <3

@leonadixon Hang in there and try to do 10% better today. Build up your victories and keep reaching for the better. Hugs.

@Cornanda Sounds like that new dog bed gives you some quiet time (if your dog is anything like mine, he is a constant attention seeking creature lol!). I'm glad it's working out. Thanks for the good wishes. My tech issues are not solved but I am putting in an IT ticket this morning. Meh on being back on track but today will be better.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, it is really frustrating. Are you using a wireless keyboard? I do and I was having a problem where the keyboard would glitch. I thought I needed to replace the keyboard but when I did, I still had the same problem. I looked up the problem online and it was a simple fix and I haven't had problems since. I'm excited that the new challenge will be on self-care and yes, I will participate!!! I need to work on portion sizes when I get take-out food.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I think I will always need to work on self-care, it's something that requires conscious effort! I have had plantar fasciitis twice now and it sucks. The first time, I just suffered until it went away. This time, I got these kind of pricey Abeo inserts for my shoes and those really helped along with stretches. That's good that the stretches helped you and it's fantastic that you still finished with a deficit. Have a nice day shopping, I hope you get to pay for your laptop!

Hello all. I didn't do the self-care that was much needed: I had a busy morning and then my husband had taken half the day off and he's always distracting lol. Today, I will prioritize self-care and I will do some. My self-care plan for today includes:
    • Do an exercise video
    • Meditate at least 15 minutes
    • Track my food
    • Eat on plan
    • When I feel stressed or frustrated, take deep, slow breaths
    • Drink at least 50 oz of water
    • Go to sleep by 7:30 pm (yes, I go to sleep this early lol! I get up at 4:00 am though)
    Have a good day, everyone!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@TwistedSassette That is great that your plantar fasciitis feels better after doing the video. Yeah, Pringles are dangerous for me too. As our fresh, hot tortilla chips. See my post! ;) What is a regional city? Is that the closest big city to where you live? are you in a very rural area?

@trooworld You have a good self-care list and I hope it helps you feel more centered and in control. :)

Hi Team! Today was a long one. My staff meeting went extra long and then we all went out to lunch, so my carbs went out the window and into a big bowl of chips and salsa and fajitas. Afterward, I went and cleaned and then came home to make dinner for the family. At least didn’t eat any of that! Tonight, is Bible study and I don’t really want to go but I know that I will be happy once I’m there. I was super happy to find out that next Wednesday and Thursday we will be getting our new quartz countertops installed. It’s going to be chaos with no working kitchen but we can all make it work for two days. :)

APRIL GOALS
    Track using Carb Manager I sorta tracked it
    Stay under 30 total grams of Carbs Total carbs was wayyyyy over
    Clean Fast 19+ hours 19 hrs. 33 min.
    Exercise 45+ minutes Cleaning day at the church
    Post on the Habit Tracker Daily I sure did!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 716 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 you were right. Air Fried chick peas ARE amazing. Mine didnt make it into any form of wrap because I ate them right out of the basket then dumped the remainder on my salad. I cook my own chick peas to freeze for later. I add onion garlic and spices while they're cooking so they have even more flavour. This will definitely be a new favorite.

@TeresaW1020 I love Chico's. We don't have them here but when I travel to the States it's always on my list of places to go.

@Cornanda I want a donut bed. Do they make them for humans?

@TwistedSassette your parents' farm must be enormous to host that many teams plus spectators. Sounds like a fun event

@caitlingfry I understand not sharing details about weight loss with people especially friends and family. Too many people think one size fits all and what might work for them will work for everyone else. Every time my sister tells me diets don't work for me because I don't stick to them I kinda want to punch her but I don't want to be grounded like @katmary71

I treated myself to a smart scale. It's calibrated 1.1 lbs heavier than my old one. I thought about sticking to the old one for weigh ins but decided to suck it up, use the new one and hopefully lose enough to still record a loss. I love all the stats it keeps track of like BF%, muscle mass, visceral fat and BMR. Anything new always gets me motivated.
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Happy Thursday!
    It has been an ok week. Wanted to focus more on what I put in my mouth as the number on the scale hasn’t been going down and I was so disappointed Saturday when I got back to 235lb.
    I’ve been doing the IF and so far it is going good, I stepped on the scale this morning and was happy with the number I saw, I am hoping it will stay down Saturday morning on my weigh day.
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 219.4
    CW: 219.4
    LTD: 28.6
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, it did help! You did your best to negate the damage. That's great that your countertops are going to be installed, I know you are excited!

@Jactop Congrats on the new scale! I think you are right to suck it up and weigh on the new scale. You still may lose on your weigh-in day!

@RYcare That's great that IF is working for you. I wish you ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for tomorrow's weigh-in.

@davors19 @davidji82 Congrats on the loss to both of you, well done!

Hi all. I stayed the same at the official weigh-in this morning. It's not ideal but it's better than the gain that I expected. I'm so glad it's Friday, I plan to really relax tonight, maybe do some reading! Have a great day.

• TeresaW1020
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 184.2
    CW: 183.7
    LTD: 80.7
    Month: .5
  • kellyisonamission
    kellyisonamission Posts: 14 Member
    Hi all!

I am FINALLY seeing some forward progress after being stuck in this funk for the last few months. My lowest weight since I started my weight loss was 192 in January and it's been bouncing around in the 194-198 range since then. As of this morning I am finally below January's lowest at 191.6! I am so excited about how close I am to breaking into the 180's!! I AM trying to focus more on the health and fitness aspect of all this rather than my weight but it's nice to see the scale change.

We've been seeing plenty of rain here lately which has set me back a bit on my C25K program but I managed to go for a run/walk last night and hit the gym Wednesday and this morning, so overall not too bad. I'm so ready for this cloudy/rainy weather to go away though, I practically worship the sun so when I go too long without it my mood tends to suffer.

I'm going to set myself a mini goal of losing 2 more pounds and no missed workouts by Friday the 30th. My husband and I have a kid free weekend planned at our family's lake house (we call it a "camp" here but I think that may be a regional thing) and I'd like to feel a bit more comfortable in my summer clothes.

I just want to thank you all for keeping me with plenty of reading material in my down time lol. I've never been the type of person to have a big online presence (the same could be said about me irl too I suppose) but I'm going to try to beef up my interactions here.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Friday weigh in
    gwamajtw91

PW: 165.1 (this is 4/2 - sorry completely missed last Friday)
    CW: 165.3

Well tax season is finally slowing down - 90% of my clients have been filed - the remaining 10% will probably show up the week before the May 17th deadline :s but at least I have a little more time for other things for the next 2-3 weeks.

I am still hovering around 165 - hopefully I can get under that by the end of the month. I had my 2nd Pfizer shot on Wednesday & apart from feeling tired had no other reaction. It feels good to get that under my belt.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • TeresaW1020
    @Jactop I have a smart scale too and love the different info it gives me. The calibration between the two isn’t much so I’m glad to see you aren’t concerned about it. :)

@RYcare Just keep doing what works and that number will keep going down. :)

@trooworld you will see a loss next week! Just keep working on your self-care. <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhhh girl, I am sorry, but I totally understand the stress you are going through. I had so many issues with my daughter when she was that age and it’s very hard to not turn to food for comfort and stress relief. You all will be in my prayers. <3

@kellyisonamission I am so excited for you that the scale was good to you this morning! You will totally get into the 180s. Just keep doing what you know works! You have a good goal set for yourself and having a kid free weekend is a great motivator. ;)

@gwamajtw91 I can only imagine how stressful tax season is for you! Once you are out of the stress the scale will start moving again. That is good that you haven’t had any serious symptoms from the second shot. I will be getting my second shot in the next week or so and hoping for an easy go of it for me and my family. :)

Hi Team! Today, was a pretty good day. I cleaned the church and then came home to help hubby clean out our flowerpots of their dead flowers. Once pollen season is over, we will go buy new flowers and get our screened in porch ready to enjoy again. I did ok with my eating today but I was also very snacky today and kept getting one thing after another to nibble on. I’ve got to really buckle down and refocus on my goals. Why is it so hard to just make a plan and stick to it? Ugghhhh!!

APRIL GOALS
    Track using Carb Manager I sorta tracked it
    Stay under 30 total grams of Carbs 27 grams
    Clean Fast 19+ hours 18 hrs. 48 min.
    Exercise 45+ minutes Cleaning day at the church
    Post on the Habit Tracker Daily I sure did!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Sooooooo, I've started weight lifting. I've been going through some notes and advice. In the notes I saw something about pre-workout. I call my oldest son, because he's very knowledgeable about that stuff. I asked him if I should start taking pre-workout. He said "dad with the amount of coffee you drink you do not need any pre-workout". Sounds like a win-win to me.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,957 Member
    @Jactop LOL, I don't want you to be grounded either! Believe it or not I've only been in one fight, she called me out before the weekend in front of the whole class so I had to say yes or I'd look like a wimp but it wasn't until the next Monday that we fought so I practiced punching my brother and our punching bag all weekend so I could beat her up. I think I was grounded after that, my mom found out and wanted to call the principal and my poor brother was black and blue.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. Are you able to get ahold of her psychiatrist quickly? Prayers and hugs for all of you. I can't imagine how hard it is to see your daughter suffering to that extent. Is she the daughter who was recently engaged? If so is her boyfriend supportive? I'll stop asking questions, we're here for you!

@kellyisonamission Congratulations! Believe it or not I'm not real social online either until recently. I think I read every post in the forum before I started commenting, I overthink and research everything and have been trying to make myself put myself out there more and do things that intimidates me so I started adding friends and commenting. This is the only group I've managed to stick with, I come here more than the book group I started! Keep up the great work!

@trooworld How is your dog doing?

@gwamajtw91 Glad tax season is almost over for you! Final stretch now!

@TeresaW1020 What kind of flowers are you thinking of getting? An enclosed porch would be awesome! I have a big deck so I'm lucky with that, I thought I had it all figured out on how I'd turn it into my oasis then it was pointed out that I shouldn't have heave plants on the ends because of the weight so now I have to reevaluate everything.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,957 Member
    Hi gang! I'm doing a little worse but trying not to go to the ER because I don't want to keep gaining weight with steroids and have to go back on diabetes medication so I'm toughing it out as best as I can. I'm keeping gardening light and doing my usual workouts. Tomorrow I'm supposed to help at the food bank garden but there's a plant sale so it depends if I can park, I'm going early to try and get a good spot and if not I don't want to make a fuss but they DID promise they'd make sure I could get there so we'll see. Have a beautiful weekend gang!
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (3/27/2021): 260.6
    4/3/2021: 259.8 (-0.8)
    4/10/2021: 262.8 (+3.0)
    4/17/2021: 260.2 (-2.6)
    4/24/2021:
    5/1/2021:

Got rid of most of my prior week gain and feeling better this week. Got my 2nd Pfizer shot and only side effect was a sore arm. Very thankful for the opportunity to be vaccinated and hoping more people take advantage so we can keep working past the pandemic. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I've done that before, too. That sounds like some severe stress, I'm glad your daughter is okay. I can see where that would be emotionally draining. Hugs to you.

@kellyisonamission Congrats on the loss! How exciting to be at a lower weight than you have been in a while. Have a wonderful week, Kelly!

@gwamajtw91 That's great that you are almost out of tax season and hopefully you can take a break. Do you take vacation time when it's over?

@TeresaW1020 Yes! Good plan. Hang in there and work your program, just think of all the NSVs you've had lately and how good it feels to be in smaller clothes!

@19shmoo69 LOL...I drink a lot of coffee, too. At least you will save on money by not having to take pre-workouts!

@Katmary71 Thanks for asking, he's a lot better although his eye is still in the healing phase. I hope you can avoid going to the ER, hopefully, you feel better. Have a wonderful weekend, too!

@mlhopp93 WTG! Great loss. That's great you didn't feel any side effects. I didn't have too bad side effects.

Hi all. I'm very excited because tonight, we are going to eat at an actual restaurant for the first time in over a year! We will sit in their outdoor seating. I'm really looking forward to it. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.