Options
    User: RYcare
    Weigh day: Saturday
    PW: 235
    CW: 233.4

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Lot's of nice losses this week and lot's of people finding their groove again.

@19schmoo69 I'm in awe of your caffine consumption. How do you sleep?

@trooworld eating in a restaurant sounds wonderful. Who would of thought such a simple thing could be so appreciated.

We just had stricter Covid measures imposed although none that will actually help. We're under a strict stay at home but go to work order??? Our numbers are the highest they've been since the start of the pandemic, our ICUs are overfull and vaccines are nearly impossible to get. The only ones available to most of us are Atrazenica because none of the other countries wanted them and it's hard to even get those. It sucks to live in Ontario right now so I'm doing my best to stay home and stay positive. Focusing on getting healthier has been a good distraction. Can't wait to see this pandemic behind us
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    4/16

PW: 175.7
    CW: 177.4

+1.7

LTD: 13.7

• Cornanda
    Options
    Only have time for a quick pop in today....

@vegan4lyfe2012 - thinking of you and your daughter. That is a very stressful situation. Be kind to yourself while things get adjusted.

@Jactop - Stay at home but go to work? This whole thing gets crazier every day!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@19shmoo69 Your son is right! Coffee is a great pre-workout drink. I do intermittent fasting and always work out after I’ve had my two cups of black coffee. :)

@Katmary71 I have one big pot that has a Sky Pencil Holly and I’m planning on planting Creeping Jenny around it. I had Dusty Miller and that stuff grew like a freakish weed, so it had to go. :grin: I have this cool rusted metal corner shelf that holds four pots and in those, I will plant multicolor Begonia. Those flowers are impossible to kill! In my other pots, I might put some Petunias, Calibrachoa, Coleus, and I’m looking to do some Hostas this year and see if it will survive the winter. I’ll post pics once it’s done. :) I’m hoping that your pain lessons and that you can enjoy your time at the food bank garden and at the plant sale! <3

@mlhopp93 Good job on the weigh-in this week!! Yayy for getting your second shot and not making you sick. I also hope we can get past this pandemic and get on without lives. :)

@trooworld, I can’t wait to hear about how you liked the restaurant! I sure hope the food is worth it. :) Today, I was listening to a podcast and they talked about the importance of proper breathing, sleep, and weight gain. I’ve only skimmed this website but thought you might like to look at it as well. https://www.consciousbreathing.com/articles/breathe-better-get-quality-sleep/

@Jactop, I am sorry that where you live is under such strict Covid stay-at-home orders. That is terrible that you can’t get the vaccines delivered. Yes, to get healthier and that way if the worst happens and you get Covid your chances of recovery almost a guarantee. No sugar and get in lots of Vitamin D. :)

Hi Team! I somehow managed to catch a cold. It started yesterday evening and by the time I went to bed my throat was hurting really bad and my nose was running. I had to call my friend and cancel our church cleaning and cancel my teaching the kids in church tomorrow. I spent most of the day, on cold meds playing with my puzzle, and listening to podcasts. Next week is a very busy week, so I need to get over this thing quickly!! :/ We had Subway for dinner, I did no exercise, and I tracked nothing. :p
  • caitlingfry
    caitlingfry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Username: caitlingfry
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 158.4
    CW: 156.7
  • fierce1alicia
    fierce1alicia Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Fierce1alicia

Weigh-in Day: Saturday

SW (3/23/2021): 319
    4/3/2021: 318.6
    4/10/2021:317
    4/17/2021:316.2
    4/24/2021:
    5/1/2021:
  • fierce1alicia
    fierce1alicia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Frankfindshomes

Weigh in Saturday
    Last week: 226.6
    Cw: 224.4

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @Jactop i understand and feel your frustration. I’m in Alberta and very sad to say we are only a couple of weeks behind Ontario. Vaccines can’t get here fast enough😔. I am keeping my head down and trying to focus on this.
    @TeresaW1020 that sounds about par for the course for a cold kind of a day:)! Hope you’re feeling better tomorrow!
    It’s been a busy few days here, the weather has been great, so I’m getting to do some really fun things outside! My grandkids always spend the night on Friday nights, we were able to have a barbecue, which was just delightful! Everything has stayed in range as far as calories go, definitely not macros LOL. I had an absolutely delicious smoky with sauerkraut, can I just say that the sodium levels were through the roof, and fat %, well.... but I did stay within the calorie count LOL. Today it was so nice outside, after my grandkids went home, I was able to go out for a bike ride! Now it is supposed to snow here tonight, yep, welcome to Alberta😜
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,784 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Digger61
    April week 2
    Sat
    PW 207
    CW 202
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 thanks for the insight into your eating sugar too. I'm exactly the same. If I don't eat any chocolate, I'm doing okay. But once I start, I just keep eating.
    I used to do keto which helped a lot, as I just felt so full, the idea of eating was repulsive. But my home life now, I can't do keto. I have to learn to eat a little chocolate than a whole bunch. Cutting it out would be ideal but unrealistic.
    @apple852hk Well, I am not free from being a sugar addict and I just had binge last week that started with a chocolate Easter bunny and ended with Easter candy at work. Knowing that I’m a sugar addict and how it affects my brain is important. I have to stay vigilant, or I will cave into the temptation. Much of the time I can say no and keep away from those foods that trigger a binge. Because once I do give in it’s like an alien takes over my brain and it’s so hard to stop until I’m sick and full of self-loathing at my weakness. Do you feel those same kinds of feelings when you binge on chocolate? What helps me the most is going Keto and eating enough fat and protein seems to help the best. When I’m doing good, I don’t eat carbs other than veggies. I don’t eat bread, rice, or even fruit because it all turns to sugar in my body and will trigger me to binge. What also helps the most is learning all I can about food addiction and how I can overcome it. You can too!! <3

• apple852hk
    Options
    @Katmary71 wow thanks for sharing about apple eating. I do that too. I once ate 6 apples in one sitting. I just couldn't stop.
    Your suggestion on painting made me think. I don't have paint. But i like the idea of painting a rock and then leaving it somehere on my walks. Thanks for the suggestion. I have lots of stones dug up from my allotment. They aren't smooth surfaces. A little tiny to do writing on. But I'm formulating an idea. Can you share photos of these painted rocks you've seen?
    Maybe I'll paint Welcone Love just like on my allotment.

[quote="Katmary71;
    @apple852hk Huge hug, I can relate, it's hard getting used to not overdoing things when you make a decision to try something new! I've done that too, I still laugh because I had serious sweet cravings one night and ate a bunch of apples, when I closed my diary someone commented that I eat huge apples! It was 300-400 grams of apple, I think I ate five and that's after pigging out on vegetables! Every once and awhile I bring that up on my feed here because I don't know if that person was being sarcastic or thought I really ate 1 apple the size of a watermelon! I love your origami cubes, they're really cool! Do you like painting at all? Some people in my town paint rocks then leave them places, people comment on how they've made their day. Just thinking that would be a fun hobby plus you're spreading joy to other people. I've been wanting to do that but I'm not very artistic.
    [/quote]

• apple852hk
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Apr 2021 Sunday
    PW 134.4llbs (61.8kg)
    CW 138.2lbs (62.7kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gained - back to previous week weight. Maybe it was an anomaly.

Ate 10 bars of chocolate this week. Feeling very tired so eat chocolate which I know will make me feel worse.

Will try eating more meat again this week. Ate pasta every lunchtime.

Have a good week ahead.

GOALS
    1. walk daily 30mins to allotment
    2. Eat meat once a day

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    swy26osx4hzv.jpg

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

7h72r8gjpa6l.png

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    pa6waob46mjf.jpg

Getting fit & healthy is more than weight loss. We have to take care of every part of ourselves so that we can thrive!!
    Join this challenge today and do something good for you! :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10830662/april-week-four-self-care-challenge#latest
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @Jactop I know, right? :D It was nice. Your COVID situation sounds like a difficult one. I hope the tide turns soon there. I can't wait to get it behind us, too.

@TeresaW1020 I will tell more below but no it wasn't! Thank you for the link, I will check it out! I hope you feel better soon. <3

Hi all. Congrats to all who lost this week and for those that didn't, keep plugging away! My date night went well except the food was just mediocre. :( But...it was really nice to get out and about. After dinner, we grabbed a coffee at our favorite coffee place. I tracked everything yesterday so there will be no surprises on the scale. ;) This morning, I'm going to get some steps in at the farmer's market. I can't wait, it will be fun. It's a huge farmer's market so it should take a while to go through.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I hope you feel better soon! Your arrangement for your pot sounds beautiful. I love hostas but it's too hot here for them. I'd love to get more houseplants but one of my cats attacks them so I can't!

@mlhopp93 I'm glad you're just experiencing arm soreness from the injection. I've been following people's reactions to them to figure out which one I'd get eventually, I"m not in a huge rush because I tend to have big reactions to vaccines, I can't get yearly ones anymore.

@Jactop I'm so sorry to hear you're locked down again, this has been so frustrating!

@apple852hk I can't search for them on my laptop on Facebook but here are some fancy ones
    https://modpodgerocksblog.com/10-painted-rocks/
    https://www.pinterest.com/marianneguymon/painted-rocks/ (I love these!)

I painted rocks with my nephews, I really suck at it. I tried to paint a dragonfly and let's just say it was really sad! People post pictures of them on the neighborhood groups about how happy they've made them, it's cool.

@trooworld Have fun at the farmer's market!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - feel better! Hey- hostas live through the winter in WI- I think they freeze off and then return. Maybe they don't have the same varieties by you though.

Hi Team, I have a question for you. Foods I track are not showing up on my "Recent" list. But foods I haven't eaten for months are still on the recent list. In the past it seemed the new foods would just keep pushing the old to the back pages and eventually off the list. Has anyone else noticed this or found a way around it? I would rather not do a search again for a food I just ate yesterday.

Hope you are having a restful Sunday.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld Bummer that the food wasn’t very good! Did you at least have a nice view? I’m sure it was still nice for you and hubby to get out and have a date. A farmers market sounds like so much fun. We have one here but I never seem to manage to make it over to the other side of town where it’s at. :)

@Katmary71 Yeah, I’m not sure if hostas will do well here or not. We get crazy hot but it will be on the porch so mostly shades. I might try one pot and give it a test run. What does your cat have against poor hostas! :D That is funny that you painted rocks with your nephews. I’m sure yours was lovely! :)

@Cornanda Thanks, I’m doing my best to get well and not whine too much about how I hate being sick. ;) I have no idea what is wrong with your food list. Probably a glitch with the system.

Hi Team! I was so excited to see how amazing we did on the Green Challenge this week! Just wait until you see who the top winner for the most pounds lost was this week. Hint, hint!! ;)B) I also hope everyone will head over to the Self-Care Challenge and spend this next week taking extra good care of yourselves!
    My cold is still kicking my butt. I haven’t been sick in such a long time and I’m ready to be done with it and get back to my energetic filled life. I stayed home from church and watched it live stream while playing with my almost done puzzle. I did manage to do a couple of loads of laundry and make a nice veggie and turkey sausage frittata with a green salad for dinner. I have enough frittata left for the next couple of day's lunches! :grin: Tomorrow I am really hoping I can go get my hair done! I don’t care how sick I feel, if my girl doesn’t cancel, I’m going.
This discussion has been closed.