@Pearl4686
    @iradi8
    @janek1705
    @caitlingfry

fqgfb5pfmqf4.png

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Are you going to stop doing keto or is it just for Easter? My church is pretty big, the music director has a great voice so I enjoy that, she just picks weird songs and makes it all super folksy. The last director was very charismatic and was having such a great time you smiled the entire time.

@apple852hk I'm sorry you had a bad night, I know you can get back on track!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 :D I know what you mean. I'm up almost a pound from yesterday despite only eating yogurt and berries for breakfast/lunch and then nothing until dinner! Yes, we do know what to do and will do it! Enjoy your Easter bunny and meal!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am doing WW and I happen to be on the Green plan, too! I wish you luck, I hope you like it!

@AustinRuadhain Hey there! You had a great day, woo hoo!

@apple852hk It sounds like you need a plan for stress. Have you tried deep breathing exercises or meditation? It may help to do either of those. Your walks should help, too.

Hi all. My Easter dinner last night was amazing. I'm up almost a pound from yesterday but I think it's just from the salty food: I only ate yogurt and berries and then dinner, so I really don't think the gain is real. I don't have much planned for today, just getting ready for my work week and trying to alleviate some stress.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @Jactop @caitlingfry @eahrenee Way to go, great percentages!

Happy Easter everyone! I'm going to my parents later today, this morning it's the usual working out and catching up on here. The food bank garden is fun, the man in charge is really sweet and enthusiastic and while I keep getting stuck with peeling tape off boxes because I can sit in one place I insisted on getting my hands in the dirt and got to hoe the pea beds which taxed my legs out right away. I came home covered in chicken manure but with a big smile. I had a lot of trouble walking in the dirt as my feet don't have much feeling and I kept tripping everywhere, I'll just have to walk slower next time because I don't want to stop doing it until I really have to. I gardened here with a very friendly turkey that's hanging out in my yard lately then went to a plant stand in Folsom. There was this really sad purple sage so I brought it home and was thinking of how I would nurse it back to health, I let her know what I took on the Facebook group and apparently it was her plant so I have to return it! I'm going to dress it up first, maybe some ribbons and a "Don't Touch" sign!

Have a great day everyone!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

h5u0bn5ykl5k.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 CHALLENGE

eva10l48z0qr.png

Week 2 challenge is up and running. This is an old favorite -- Consistency!
    Simply pick 2 or 3 habits - post daily if you are successful with obtaining them.

SIMPLE AS THAT!!

Please find below the link and post away!!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10829372/april-2021-week-2-challenge-consistency-101/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 I’m only stopping Keto for this Easter weekend. I will be back at it tomorrow morning. I get what your saying about music directors and their style. I still miss the music director who was here when I first joined this church. And I really hope I like the style of our new one. :)

@trooworld, Yup, my weight was up this morning and I’m sure it will be up more tomorrow morning. I told DH he isn’t allowed to ask me about my weight. I will inform him when the scale is moving again. :D

@apple852hk Sorry that you are having stress and turning to chocolate. The way you describe how you consume the chocolate bars in one sitting without really enjoying them and just trying to eat them as fast as you can really remind me of myself when I’m on a sugar binge. Sugar addiction is a real thing and there are serious studies that show how sugar is more addictive than heroin or cocaine. It’s no joke and it’s not your fault. There are great resources if you are interested in helping you. Eating more meat and going low carb can also really help with sugar addiction. Just keep doing your best! <3

@Firefly743 Nice loss this week!! B)

Hi Everyone and Happy Easter! Church this morning was great. My mom and I watched the littles in the nursery during the first service and then went to the second service. We had every other pew roped off and all the open pews were filled. It was great to see so many people and the pastor gave an incredible message! I came home and made a Keto poundcake to be part of our strawberry shortcake that we will have in a little while. I warmed up the beef stew and yeast rolls for our late lunch. I’m sitting here wanting to fall asleep, which shows that while carbs are tasty, they sure don’t provide me with energy. I’m taking today off from tracking and will be back at it tomorrow. 😊
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Hit the "Done" button instead of "Post Reply" and list it all! 😫

Happy Easter to all my Christian sisters and brothers! My middle daughter joined my youngest daughter, my mom, and me at church this morning (yay). Then we met up with middle daughter's husband at the theater to watch Godzilla vs Kong. (Super fun movie...youngest daughter and I figured out what would take place a month ago...or at least what better happen...which it did.) I indulged in a small, unbuttered popcorn 🍿 and stayed within my daily points. Having oil-free ratatouille for dinner to counteract it 🤭.

We (youngest daughter) also decided to take a walk today, so we hiked some trails at a County Park. I feel like I've had a good day and I should get some good 😴 💤 🛏 tonight.

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • caitlingfry
    caitlingfry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Post Easter dinner/weekend check in: (& doctor/hormone/period stuff)

I am so glad my check in was Saturday because there was definitely some indulgent (stress) eating after that. Woof. I was out of town for a little and did an awesome boulder/creek walk. Got a bit more horizontal exercise in than I have in 2021, so that was nice. Also got a little lazy. Oops. Balance!

Easter was nice and quiet, helped my mom make fruit salad, angel food cake, and learned about starters so we can make croissants.

My biggest struggle right now is that tomorrow I’m getting my IUD (mirena) out which was the most stable thing in my life for the last 5 years. I’m worried about hormonal imbalances and intense cramping, the latter which stuck around for longer than I’d wish upon insertion. I got it in around my highest weight, after being told by an endocrinologist (in front of what felt like 15 med students) I was too obese to have a period (fair). He then announced to the room that I should be tested for Cushing’s syndrome due to my “buffalo hump” (yes- that’s what he called it.... otherwise known as poor posture on an exam table but I guess we all have off days at work right??). Awful experience validated by my OBGYN PA at the time, who definitely helped my whole process. Anyway, this has been swirling in my head since I started anticipating the removal. Satisfied with the process as a whole though and would likely get another hormonal IUD so long as I don’t go absolutely mental in the next few months as the goal is to re establish a healthy period. I’m hoping having had it in for a little over 5 years means the hormones have titrated enough to not make me crazy but the risk is still there so I’m worried. I mean obviously my mental well-being is crucial for my own self however I also have 6 high risk families/kiddos relying on me to not be completely out of my mind. And I don’t want to be 300 lbs again so that also scares me. A lot to unpack here so thanks if you made it this far and no big deal if you didn’t because it’s basically a sob story of what I put myself through to avoid unexpected pregnancy LOL ugh smh

Hope everybody had a good weekend and a nice Easter. Time to unwind ✌️🌝
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    aurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):162.2
    CW (Current Weight): 161

Can I just say I really want some potato chips!!!!!🤪🤣
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hi, Slimsters!

Happy holiday to those celebrating today. Happu end of the week and start of a new week to all!

Quick check-in here. I got through the holiday for me today without consuming any of the don't-work-for-me foods that were offered, and I just go in from a walk with my husband. Woohoo!

✔️Food on plan (Dr F) (7xwk)
    ✔️Breathing practice (7x wk)
    ✔️Cardio (6/wk)
    ✔️Meditation practice
    ✔️No food after 9 pm (8 pm pref) (assuming I stay on track of course) (I hereby promise not to break into the pantry for some after-hours pb. Even if I am tempted.)
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Username eahrenee
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Starting weight 205.00
    PW 191.2
    CW 188.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It sounds like you had a great time in the food bank garden. That's too bad about the purple sage.

@TeresaW1020 Sorry it's up but I'm sure it's only temporary and I know you are determined to get it off. That was a good idea to tell DH that. I'm glad you had a good Easter.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss.

@caitlingfry What a terrible experience! I hope the extraction doesn't cause cramping and it goes well.

@AustinRuadhain What a great day!!!

Hi all and thank you, @TeresaW1020 for the announcement and support! I also want to thank @raleighgirl09 for blazing the way! I'm super excited to be a motivator. I love this team and have gotten a lot out of being a member---I can only imagine that being a motivator will be rewarding in other ways and I look forward to supporting everyone! <3

Yesterday didn't start out so good: my dog managed to remove the stitches in his eye in the middle of the night (it's not bleeding and he's not in pain though but they need to be put back in now!) and so we will have yet another vet bill to deal with and I'm worried about him. So, I was super stressed and had an indulgent breakfast. BUT...I didn't eat the rest of the day to make up for it and I'm happy that the scale is down to the lowest number in many, many years today! My food is pretracked and I'm ready to have a successful Monday.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Trooworld you are already a great motivator. Congrats on the new title.

@vegan4lyfe2012 sounds like you found your groove again. Nicely done.

@apple852hk sorry about your rough day. The gain was more likely from cortisol than the chocolate. I found a substitute for my chocolate binging. I started keeping cut up carrot medallions in a ziploc bag right at the front of my fridge so it's the first thing I see. It wasnt intentional. I bought a bag that had the biggest carrots I've ever seen so I cut them onto medallions instead of sticks. They work great as a delivery system for hummus or dips, they're a nice side crunch with a sandwich instead of chips and its surprising how satisfying "mad chomping" on a carrot can be. It's gotten me over a few rough patches
    🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️
    I'm really happy with how last week went. It's our busiest week of the year at work and when I get busy I let my diet and exercise habits slide. I thought IF would be hard to stick to but it actually made the week easier. I skipped a few workouts but my steps were decent so I'm not feeling too guilty about it.

I was surprised to see a drop on the scale this morning. I fasted until 5pm, had a handful of nuts then ate ham, scalloped potatoes and buttered asparagus for dinner.

I also had a 1/4" sliver of my sister's carrot cake which would be my first sugary treat in 48 days. I was going to put it on a napkin but put it on a plate and ate it with a fork instead. When I was finished my mouth didn't know the difference between eating a 1/4" sliver or a 1/4 of the cake. I calculated it out and it was less than 1g of sugar so I'm still counting it as a no sugar day. 🤗
This discussion has been closed.