Mission Slimpossible - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    7f50z6jo8ti8.gif

Woohoo to the Slimpossibles for hitting the Leaderboard! Extra big congrats to @Dignow96 @davidji82 @bmotisko and @eahrenee for being on the leaderboard! 🎉💐👍🏽👍🏽

@GabiV125
    "changing how I eat, in small steps" -- such a smart way to do it! 😊
    Oh, and by the way -- from here "maintaining* when under stress sounds like a huge win. Some of us *cough cough* pile on the lbs when stressed. All of this to say -- staying within the same 2lb from January to July when stressed sounds like a big win. And now a big YAYYYYYYYY! to being unstuck!

@Cornanda
    Enjoy the fun and tiring summer! 🌻 My kiddo is a sophomore in high school, and I am trying not get sad as well as happy when I think about launching him off to college!
    "molasses speed is still a speed" - Yes! Exactly! And I'll try to remember that, too.

@TeresaW1020
    Lunch is a great thing. It's my main meal these days.
    "Last year, I got rid of all the 3Xs and size 16 jeans. I will continue to dump sizes as soon as they are too big." Woohoo! 😎
    "Plus, I watched this YouTube video on how not to look frumpy." Wait, is there a video that will fix this for me?
    Contacts are really great these days. My son and husband use disposables and they seem great.

@vegan4lyfe2012
    How are you doing today? I am thinking of you. 💗

@TwistedSassette
    Oh, my. The Easter treats are dangerous. One of them may have fallen into my grocery cart during the Recent Winter Weather Event. (Single serving. All gone. Stayed away since.) 🐇
    Your comment about sleep reminds me that I have not been getting enough and need to work on that, too.
    Enjoy the board games and hot cross buns! That sounds awesome!

@caitlingfry
    🤣 I too laughed at your "emotional support water bottle." And hey, I got a really nice one years ago and have worked to make sure my son and husband don't make off with it, when theirs get dirty.
    How did your mom's retirement go today?

@laurelfit57
    "Can I just say that one huge advantage to everyone wearing masks here, I can eat as much garlic as I like and no one will be the wiser"
    Wait, the pandemic is starting to look like it will one day soonish be over and I never noticed this! 😮🤣
    Seriously -- great job finding a silver lining!

@mtnbkr1966
    I hope you had a grand and gorgeous day! That SF weather sounded lovely!

@raleighgirl09
    Yay to mindfulness of portions! That's a huge victory, even if you sneakily eased into it and made it look easy! I love your goals. They sound very sensible! 💪🏾

@trooworld
    Hugs to your doggo. I hope he had a good day. 🐕

@leonadixon
    Hugs to this being a rough eating week. 👐 👐 👐
    And I hope you get to do something fun for your birthday! 🎈
    Damage control! Be sure to give yourself credit for those moments when you do well, or eat less indulgently than you might. Enjoy when you do indulge and then come back to work. I am thinking of @TeresaW1020 who seems to very good about this!

@GabiV125
    Zowie! After 5h*2 of driving and 3 days of takeout food, I am impressed at how hard you worked to stay even for the week! I hope seeing your daughter was fun. 💪🏾😎

@fierce1alicia
    Good for you for getting right back to work, even after the logging mistake. 🏆

@laurelfit57
    How great that your back is doing better! And a big WOW to 13,000 steps! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Good day here, so far.
    I just checked in on the Habit Tracker and checked off the things I have done (food on plan! woohoo!) and got a reminder about a couple of bedtime things. Off to do those now!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Thank you! At least the scale is going down. You did really well towards most of your goals so celebrate that! I had to reduce my goal of drinking liquids because I wasn't meeting it. I'm so glad I did, I am drinking more water now. Your goals for April look good. I hope you have fun with your friends and that your dad's surgery goes well.

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with your appointment. I hope you get the answers you seek. What a nice perk, having less plaque! Well done on the closet. And excellent job on the 4 lbs in March! Woo hoo!

@laurelfit57 That's great, congratulations!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you. He's doing well.

Hi all. I got my 2nd COVID vaccine yesterday, I am feeling tired and a little achy but other than that, I'm fine. I'm looking forward to being able to see my friends and eat at restaurants again. I was super hungry all day yesterday, I don't know what was going on. I tried to resist feeding the hunger but did somewhat. My weight is up today, I hope I can get it off by tomorrow morning.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I told myself at the beginning of the year that I would re-evaluate my 2021 goals on April 1st. This is what my goals have been up to this point this year and how I've done on them:

Read/listen to 50 books (read for 15 minutes every day) ✅ (Have read 13 books so far, so I'm on track)
    Track 90% of what I eat ✅ (I've tracked 99% of what I've eaten so far)
    Walk for 20 minutes, or do a walking video, 3 times a week ⛔ (I've been exercising but not consistently. Need to work on this.)
    Drink at least 60 oz of liquids every day ✅ (I wasn't doing well with this at the beginning of the year but I'm on track now)
    Meditate for at least 10 minutes every day ⛔ (I have not been doing this. I need to start or scrap it.)

I did pretty well on these goals for the most part. I've been making small changes that will add up. I think I will keep the same goals and work on them. I will re-evaluate them on July 1st to see if I want to change anything.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    22ipw8yt8zpf.jpg

Good morning!
    The Babe Ruth quote inspired me this morning, so sharing. This group's conversation is such a great support in not giving up.

Yesterday went well:
    ✔️Food on plan (Dr F) (7xwk)
    ✔️Breathing practice (7x wk)
    ✔️Cardio (6/wk)
    ✔️Meditation practice
    ✔️No food after 8/9 pm (added "/9" with /9 being Tuesday only)

I am having fun with this week's Fat2Fit mini challenge April Showers. One of the items I want to check off at least once this week is dancing to a video. I am looking through some that @Katmary71 suggested, and thinking that today I will be dancing to Lady Marmalade (but maybe to Patti LaBelle's version because thinking about this made me look up LaBelle and the fluffy blue outfit she has on makes me want to dance, and also Nona Hendryx - wow!). Thinking of you @Katmary71 !

@trooworld
    Congrats on the COVID vaccine! 🥳 I hope you continue to feel
    Wow, I love your goals and I love the tracking and self assessment. 🤩
    Since I have been looking at Tiny Habits, I'll offer something re. meditation (take it or leave it!)
    If you are trying to build a new habit, consider adding it as something you do right after a behavior you are already in the habit of doing. And then, if you are game, make it really small. Tiny! :-) His behavior recipe is "After I _______, then I will _____. " So something I currently have is "after I turn on the electric teapot for morning coffee, I will turn around do 2 crescent kicks." It sounds little, but for me, it is massively easier to add on a habit where I already have an existing one to use as a trigger/reminder.

Okay, I am off to work on goals for the day and also for next quarter.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@laurelfit57 That is great that you have been able to get back to getting in so many steps. I have sciatica on my left side that flares up all the time, so I sympathize with back pain sufferers. :/

@AustinRuadhain, I’ve learned that there is a YouTube video with “experts” willing to show you everything you ever did wrong and how to fix it. :D Wahooo on checking off that habit tracker!!

@trooworld That is good that so far you aren’t feeling too much from the 2nd shot. I hope that continues for you. Sometimes you have to listen to your body and there are going to be days you will feel hungrier than others. But, yeah weigh-in is tomorrow for us, so my fingers are crossed for us both!! :grin: You have great goals set for yourself. I like how you reevaluate every 3 months. I need to start that practice.

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I had my staff meeting and then spent a few hours cleaning. My little old church is as clean as it can be for our Easter services. I fasted extra long today and kept my carbs low, so hopefully weigh-in tomorrow will be nice to me.

APRIL GOALS
    Track using Carb Manager Yup!
    Stay under 30 total grams of Carbs 12.4 total grams today.
    Clean Fast 19+ hours 24 hrs. 36 min.
    Exercise 45+ minutes Four hours of church cleaning that included lots of mopping and vacuuming.
    Post on the Habit Tracker Daily I sure did!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Huge congrats on getting that second vaccination!! Ticket to freedom:)
    Those hungry days can sure be challenging to deal with! Especially when they come from out of nowhere.
    @AustinRuadhain I love that quote by Babe Ruth, thanks for sharing! What a successful day you had yesterday!
    @TeresaW1020 yikes, sciatica is tough! Actually that’s what I thought I had at first, everything was closed down here for a couple of months so I couldn’t get it checked out, but walking more than three or four blocks was a challenge. I am super happy it’s not sciatica and have found some relief! What does “ Clean Fast 19+ hours 24 hrs. 36 min.” mean? I have so much to learn :-).

Today did not start out the best. I brought my car into the mechanic to get an oil change first thing this morning. I forgot he had a little step up, tripped and totally did a face plant! I have a big goose egg on my forehead, I sprained my wrist and banged my knee. The mechanic was so nice, I was telling him “no no I’m fine” (at that point I was most embarrassed.), I felt something on my cheek, went to brush it off and realized there was blood going down my face. It sounds bad, it’s just that anything on the head bleeds so much. YIKES!! What away to start the day! I now have a knee brace when I go walking, I have to wear a wrist break brace, it is strained. But… As long as I have a knee brace on I can still get my steps in without any pain :-) :-) my dog is happy because we can go out walking. I just get a lot of very funny looks because of my road rash, goose egg on my forehead.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon - Happy Birthday!

@raleighgirl09 - I see your sensible side that is always there convincing you to come around and get back on the horse. Rooting for you!

@GabiV125 - I'm with you on getting the hormonal tornado settled. I want more sleep too! Sounds like a nice/fun visit with your daughter! And your weight stayed the same, so it's totally worth it.

@fierce1alicia - we all have times where we want to quit when we make a mistake. We want perfect, but we are humans and we are not perfect. Quitting hurts us more than the mistake would. I'm glad you kept on.

@TwistedSassette - you did have a good month in spite of not meeting all the goals. Hooray for you for appreciating what you got right and not beating yourself up for the rest. Looks like you planned a good reset for yourself and your upcoming weekend fits your theme of Peace. Enjoy!

@TeresaW1020 - you had a great month and you are kicking booty as usual. So go have fun shopping!

@laurelfit57 - wow- that's great that you are seeing results from the physio and able to get more activity in. Congrats!

I had an OK Thursday. A few slip ups this week, mostly due to sleep issues. Scale is not looking good, but we'll see tomorrow.

• caitlingfry
    caitlingfry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain it went well! She is happy to be retired although still helping with the transition a tiny bit. The plans for retirement are brewing! Day one was a success. Thanks for asking :)

Checking in for myself for the day, it was mildly chaotic and I was out from 9a-8p but it’s my weekend! Although I didn’t eat as well as I’d wanted to today I have hot plans for getting some major steps in tomorrow. I did stay within my goals (for the most part) so I’ll take it. It’s chillier than I’d hoped but any time outside is good for me. Plus no work (kind of) - I’m the back up for on call (crisis) for the next week, which doesn’t mean much but I do have to lay low and mind my flip phone.

I just dug out some of the dresses I’ve had in my closet for a while to see how they looked now that I’m up about 25-30lbs from when they’d been altered. Humbled myself for sure! Time to get to work! Three of them still look great but the one that was my favorite puts some of my new insecurities on display. More areas of work smh.

I might not be back until my weigh in on Saturday, but I am seeing downward trends for the week right now & hoping tomorrow’s hiking helps even more. Everyone have a happy and healthy Friday!! ❤️💪👍

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @mtnbkr1966 Hi neighbor!

@TwistedSassette I love that meme!

@caitlingfry I hope your mom is able to walk with you, I think that would be great! I can't walk much now but when I could I loved walking or hiking with family.

@TeresaW1020 Yay on the closet, it feels great doesn't it! Glad your appointment went well. I'm with you, it was 86 degrees today, I hate wearing that thing!

@laurelfit57 Congratulations on the increase in steps, that's amazing!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    LOL, those of you who have known me for awhile can probably guess I clicked on @AustinRuadhain Lady Marmalade and lost the rest of my responses, you think after being in this group for almost two years I'd know better! I was singing along and went to tease @AustinRuadhain about what she was shimmying around in and all my responses are gone! April Fool's on me!

I planned to do goals yesterday but wasn't doing well, I'll think of it over the weekend. I've been doing a lot of gardening, I got sweet potato seedlings along with all my seeds and planted them in grow bags. The food bank contacted me, I'll be going Saturday morning to help out. These plant stands are really fun but I can't drive far so I'm limited on swapping plus trading rosemary and having it in the car is making my allergies go wild. I've been taking care of my brother's pets and there's a stand by his house so I've been there a couple times. I'm still doing arm cardio, stretching, arms, and abs but took an arm break for a few days, I'll try tomorrow. I started squats but only 20, my leg muscles are getting really weak and I need to make sure they don't atrophy but I can't get a referral to physical therapy so I need to do something. That's about it, I have a cat leash on the way, they were a pain about me measuring their chests for the harness so this should be interesting!
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's been a little crazy around here but all is well. My workouts and food have been on point most of the week (Monday I had an ice cream bar after a long hot day working on the side if the road with my husband).
    I am finely back to getting my gallon of water in as well.
    I finished the alpha and beta Callender for T25 last week so I started Insanity this week. And wow oh wow it is so much harder! But I've gotten them done!
    I've only gotten up early once this week then again today. For those of you who don't know I have Sjogren's syndrome and anemia so somedays even though I try to get up I fall in to what I call a dead sleep.it where I can't drag myself awake even when I realize I am asleep.
    And I can have me alarm screaming in my ear for 2 hours and not even hear it.
    This as been the best week in a while though so I'm feeling thankful.
    I'll try to do better about keeping checked in. Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 218.6
    LTD: 29.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain That's a fabulous quote! I, for one, am not going to give up! I hope you all won't either! Congrats on a great day yesterday. Thanks, I'm so glad to get the vaccine. Ah...habit stacking! Great idea. I will think about how I can do it with my meditation practice.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah I have a bit of a headache and fatigue today but I'll survive. I'm really glad I set a reminder in my calendar to re-evaluate my goals, I would have forgotten! ;)

@laurelfit57 Indeed! Thank you. I look forward to actually getting out in the world a bit more. One of the first things I'm going to do is go to the farmer's market with one of my best friends, in two weeks when I feel completely safe. Yeah, I hate the hungry days. Oh my gosh, you poor thing! A face plant is not a way to start out the day. I'm so sorry that happened. Hugs to you.

@leonadixon Happy birthday!

@Cornanda I hope the scale surprises you.

@caitlingfry I hope you enjoy your weekend and the time outside. That sounds like something I need to do (get outside).

@Katmary71 LOL...I forgot we need to put a warning for you when we put links in! ;) Thanks for the reminder. I love when I see cats on leashes with their owners. I love seeing them able to get out safely!

@TeresaW1020 Woo hoo on your loss!

Hi all. I basically maintained this week. I know what I need to do and plan to do it this next week. I wanted to share with you something I did. I got a nice note from myself yesterday that I had pre-wrote on January 14th. I set it to send me this note on April 1st, knowing I was going to re-evaluate my goals. The site I used is https://www.futureme.org/ and below is what I wrote. I found it really encouraging and motivating to receive this.

swi74vk095ja.png

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Wow @TeresaW1020 nice loss again. You're really kicking butt. What is your fasting schedule? It's hard to figure out just from posts.

@Katmary71 I can't resist AustinRaudhain's links either. I usually try to wait until I'm done reading and posting but sometimes I get sucked in sooner

@TwistedSassette I like seeing your graph. It's a good reminder to get moving on my own goals. Instead of changing your goals how about making goals within your goals like doing a little better each month until they're all solid?

@trooworld that's so cool. With my memory I could write myself a note and it would be new info every time I read it

Just a quick check in. Easter in a Chocolate store is a bit Crazy. I've managed to keep up with reading I just haven't had time to post.

I'm so glad we did the Beck workbook last month. Some of the strategies have been really helpful. Normally when I get too busy for lunch I'd start snacking on chocolate but I'm surprised how much easier it's getting to tolerate hunger. Plus I've been doing short fasts (20 hrs or less) which has helped with cravings. I even got brave enough (or cocky enough lol) to do two 20hr fasts while at work. I had a protein bar for back up but made it through without. This is day 45 with No sugar.

April 11 will be the 100th day of the year. I wanted to do a repeat of TeresaW1020's 100 day challenge at the end of last year. I tracked workouts and finished with 85/100 so I wanted another go to see if I could do it. I still have 14 workouts to go and 7 days left which I can do if I double up for a week.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Ohhh my goodness on the face planting and getting hurt! It sure could have been worse but it’s still a big ordeal to now have to wear a wrist brace. Be gentle with yourself as you heal. <3 I do intermittent fasting, which means I simply don’t eat for a certain number of hours every day. I start fasting after dinner, which is around 5 pm, and then I don’t eat for 18 to 24 hours later. The longest I’ve gone is 36 hours. So yesterday, I didn’t eat for 24 hrs. 36 minutes. Clean fast means that I don’t consume anything other than black coffee, plain water, plain seltzer, or plain green and black tea. The purpose is to drop my insulin and tap into my fat stores. IF also has an incredible amount of health benefits and is now part of my life. I am happy to talk about it anytime. ;)

@Cornanda My fingers are crossed for you with the scale. Sleep can really mess us up when we don’t get enough. Do you know why you are having issues? :/

@caitlingfry I think that is a great idea to try on your clothes and gauge what you need to do to fit into them again the way you want to. Have fun hiking! :)

@Katmary71 My daughter used to walk her cat on a leash. It was so funny to watch. :grin: That is great that you can do 20 squats and will definitely help your leg muscles. Just take it easy!

@davidji82 Nice loss this week!! B)

@Jypsy1 So glad that you have been having such a good week! I think after a day of working that hard in the heat it’s a good time to reward yourself with an ice-cream bar. ;)

@trooworld, that site to send your future self a letter is sooo awesome!! I’m totally doing that! I love how positive you were with yourself! <3

@Jactop Most days I fast anywhere from 19 to 23 hours. Sometimes it might be more or less depending on what is going on. I use the Zero Fasting app to keep track. I bet your time at work is crazy at Easter time. I don’t even go down the candy aisle in the store at this time of year. You are doing so awesome with your no sugar! Today is my day 20 of no sugar. I’m making a low-carb strawberry shortcake for Easter, which I’m not going to count as having sugar. If I had a yummy Cadbury egg that would be a different story. But I’m NOT doing it this year!! :D I love that you did the 100-day challenge again for yourself. Might need to set something up again for us all to do. :)

k0ovs3vyxnh3.jpg

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 270
    LTD: 30
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 178.5

+ 1.1

LTD: 12.6
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee

My weigh in for tomorrow (Saturday) will be delayed until Sunday - my scale died this morning. New one is on order and will be here sometime tomorrow, but won't be here in time for my morning weigh in.
This discussion has been closed.