Mission Slimpossible - April 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @naturalla9 Welcome to the team! I am so happy you are here. Knee injuries are so painful. I have dealt with knee issues over the years and it’s one of my biggest motivating factors for getting my weight down. You will find lots of support here. And if you ever have questions about IF, please reach out and either myself or someone else will be happy to try to answer. :)

@raleighgirl09 Sent you a private message. ;) Your personal motto to NEVER GIVE UP has been mine as well since I first started back in January 2017, weighing 264 lbs. I’ve had so many ups and downs and anytime I start beating myself up over how long it’s taking, I remind myself of that one fact that I might have stumbled along the way, I NEVER GAVE UP!! You aren’t either and that is how you will get back to that all-time low! <3

@trooworld The Zoom call went better than I thought and I was told things like what a good speaker I am and how I should do my own podcast. I was like, “Who me!!” I felt like I was rambling most of the time. :grin: Girl, beer and pizza sounds so good to me right now! You have already proven that you can have a splurge meal and still lose weight. :)

@caitlingfry Welcome to the Slimpossibles! You have already proven that you know how to lose weight and you will do it again this time! Your job is so important and I’m sure it’s very stressful. Stress can be a real issue when we are trying to lose weight. It can especially lower our resistance to temptation. Having a Fitbit and doing other things like joining an awesome challenge/support group are both great tools to help keep you on track. :)

@laurelfit57 Yeah, this past year did a real number on so many of us. But along with the newness of spring, I feel we are all beginning to emerge from our homes and resume our lives. :)

@dignow96 Another good week! Congrats on getting the Apple Fitness and Limited Edition Award. I’ve looked at those badges and haven’t been near as diligent as you have been, so wayyyy to go! B)

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I got to teach the kids in children’s church and that was super fun. We played musical chairs after the lesson. They loved it! :grin: Today is my rest day from working out and I needed it after yesterday’s workout. I’ve got my Habit Tracker set for this month and have put on there that I will actually do it! :D I will also report here so that I can keep myself accountable.

APRIL GOALS
    Track using Carb Manager Yup!
    Stay under 30 grams of Carbs 19.2 grams today
    Clean Fast 19+ hours 20 hrs. 42 min.
    Exercise 45+ minutes Today was my schedule day off
    Post on the Habit Tracker Daily I sure did!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TeresaW1020
    I was just going through some folders on my computer and found this image. Works for @raleighgirl09 and myself...let it work for you too!

:)3ax6tuhn4d8i.jpg
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I can't believe you fasted for so long! 23.5 hours! I would be eating my arm off by then!
    Also, a huge CONGRATS on hitting your 80 lb milestone! That's amazing!

@davidji82 Another great week for you, well done.

@trooworld Congrats on your loss - getting so close to that 30 lbs!

@Cornanda Yay! Good loss!

So many new members joining this month! Welcome @naturalle9 and @caitlingfry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I had a nice, relaxing weekend. Friday was a bit of a write off after having the covid shot on Thursday - I was just achy and tired mostly. On Saturday I did a bunch of housework, took the toddler to a local rugby league knockout comp, and in the evening I went to watch a lip synch battle which was so much fun! Which made Sunday a write off as well in recovery mode - on the bright side, I caught up on a bunch of sleep. But I didn't track anything all weekend and definitely overate and overdrank. I'm getting back on track today.

I was very happy with Friday's weigh in. The lowest weight I've seen in a long time! I'm retaining water today so it didn't look as good but I'm still moving in the right direction.

I'm also starting to think about my goals for April. March hasn't been the best of months for me so I have a lot to think about.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    urknhb1bzbov.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):162.7
    CW (Current Weight): 162.2
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi all I'm Jypsy this is my first challenge here. I live in Nebraska with my husband, son and many pets
    I currently weigh in the low 140lb and in headed for between 120-125lb
    My goal this year is to feel confident in my bathing suit.

Today my usual rest and stretch day we kinda crazy we went to a car sale, help he husband on no less the 3 tow calls and didn't make it home till 930pm!
    We weren't supposed to be gone that long but knowing my husband I decided to pack a lunch anyways and managed to stay on my calorie goal!!
    Even if I did get a sunburn it was a good day!
    Hope everyone else did too!! Blessings to all Keep On Loosing!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @caitlingfry Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss success so far, that's awesome. Your job does sound stressful. What do you do to negate the stress from your day instead of eating? I'm sorry about your experience at the doctors. I haven't experienced outright fat shaming but I have had the experience that, even if I go to the doctors for a stubbed toe or dandruff, it's going to be blamed on my weight.

@laurelfit57 Welcome! I think a lot of people gained weight during COVID, so I hope you don't feel alone. What kind of a dog do you have?

@TeresaW1020 Wow, that's very flattering! I can see you having a podcast with all of your experience. The beer and pizza really hit the spot! ;) Yes, my weight never blipped up from that splurge, it's been going down so that's good. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, well done!

@TwistedSassette Thank you, yes, I hope to hit it this week! Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on hitting your lowest weight in a long time!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Please don't give up. You are worth it! Hugs to you! <3

@Jypsy1 Welcome! One of my best friends is from Nebraska.

@Jactop WOWEEE! What a nice loss! Congratulations, my friend!

Hi all. I'm about to get a workout in but I wanted to jump on here. My weight continues to go down, down, down which is good considering my indulgences on Saturday. Today is going to be a stressful day: my dog is having eye surgery and I'm worried about that. Yesterday was good. I stayed with my eating plan and ended up eating fewer WW points than I am assigned. We had air fryer buffalo shrimp for dinner with a salad. It felt naughty but it was really low-points/calories because no oil was used, it was crispy from the air fryer.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    @naturalle9 Where in CA are you? I'm in the Sacramento area right by Folsom.

@caitlingfry I loved reading about you! I did a 6 month internship with children in residential treatment for my degree, it's tough but very rewarding.
  • Katmary71
    @raleighgirl09 You better not quit motivating, we need you and all your great insights and support!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Prayers you're connected with the right therapist and there's an opening soon. Huge hug too!

@trooworld Prayers for your dog's surgery, let us know how it goes.

• Katmary71
    I didn't do my intro for the month, I'm Kathy, I'm 49 and live in the Sacramento are in California. I'm a motivator with @AustinRuadhain and @Raleighgirl09 My boyfriend moved in during November with his two cats so there's four of them ruling the house now plus I feed a feral cat. I've had chronic pain issues since I fell at work at 17 and needed back surgery then had surgery for endometriosis and it's believed the doctor turned the laser too high damaging five pelvic nerves and my bladder. I've struggled more with my weight surrounding medications and being exhausted from pain. I had an interbody double fusion 13 years ago which was surgery through the front of my body then the next day the rest is done through the back to put in the rods, I had to quit smoking for it and my body rejected the hardware but I had to keep it in for a year, I basically stayed in bed for a year and gained 100lbs so that was my highest and unhealthiest. A few years ago I went off my medications and was doing better for a few years then a year ago my nerve issues came back in my legs and spread through the chest. A few doctors have speculated that I have CRPS, if so it was a result of the surgery damage and then went into remission and came back worse than ever. I'm struggling to get medical care, I'm currently waiting for a referral for a drug test to go through to get approval to go to a pain clinic. It's frustrating because no one takes my insurance but it's against the law to pay for treatment if you have insurance. In other words, you have to have insurance but if no one takes it or you can't see a doctor you're out of luck. I go to the ER about once a month for steroids, I hate going and wait until I've been thinking for a few days I'd rather be dead than live another day suffering like this. Thank goodness I have a good new therapist I talk to once a month to dump on!

As far as the healthier aspects at the beginning or 2019 I was throwing up randomly from NASH, was on diabetes medication, obese, and could barely get out of bed. I decided I was done laying down waiting to die so I started eating healthy and riding my exercise bike that day and while I've gained weight this last year on steroids I'm determined to continue working out each day for my sanity and mobility. I mostly eat whole foods. I do arm cardio with my legs on a second chair, arm weights, core, and stretching. It's not ideal but until the pain in my legs is a little better it's better than nothing! Once the gym pool opens I'll start going again, I really miss it! I also love to read and garden.

-Check in
    I'm doing the same workouts but may have to lay off arm weights for a few days which sucks as I finally bought new dumbbells. I don't know if it's the CRPS or the bulging discs/degeneration but something is making the discomfort in my upper back and neck worse. I know a certain amount will be "normal" now but I don't want to push it if it's irritated. Food is going good, I ate a ton of salad yesterday then had chicken and asparagus for dinner. I downloaded an app that gives you alerts when people are giving things away, I'm waiting to hear if I "won" a bunch of garden stakes. If there's any Take a Plant Leaf a Plant stands on the way I'll take more cuttings but the rosemary I take to all the stands is killing my allergies! I also responded to a community garden project but haven't heard back, I'll waiting to hear if they can use a gardener who needs to sit on her butt all day! :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,929 Member
    You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @mtnbkr1966 :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hi! Wow- it's been fun reading all the intros and posts. Welcome, welcome to everyone new! So excited to have you here as part of this wonderful group! Congrats to all on the weigh ins this week- looking good Team!

I'm Lisa. I'm 52, and I live in North Florida with my husband and our weird little doggo. We have 2 kids in college- they will be home very shortly for the summer, which should increase the grocery shopping and chaos level around here a few notches. I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I've lost 20-30 pounds more than once. Now, thanks to my age it's getting more tricky. I've been part of this group for over a year and just find it so helpful. Wanted to quit many times, but didn't thanks to Ya'll. I've been learning a lot about habits I need to clean up and what does work for me. Weight is coming off very slowly, but I'm OK with that.

Happy Monday!
  • TeresaW1020
    @TwistedSassette Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss and congrats to you seeing a low number as well. Doesn’t it feel great? B) Fasting that long is still a struggle for me but it’s actually not as hard as you think. Hunger truly comes and goes and as long as I stay busy and drink lots of water, I can do it. Most days, I stick to 19 to 20 hours.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Prayers have been said and will continue to be said for you! <3 Yes, do find someone that you can talk to. Don’t give up yourself! Just try to keep yourself floating until you are ready to swim again.

@Jypsy1 Good job on staying at your calorie goal even though your day was longer than planned. I hope your sunburn isn’t too painful. Get that sunscreen!! ;)

@laurelfit57, @eahrenee, and @Jactop NICE losses ladies!! Keep it up. <3

@trooworld Yayyyy on that weight going down, down, down!! I’m anxious to hear how your dog did with his eye surgery. :/

@Katmary71 You just be careful with those weights! I’m sure you know the difference between your pain issues and normal muscle pain. I love asparagus so much! I will eat a ton of it while it’s in season. :)

@Cornanda How do you feel about your kids coming home for the summer? I would imagine it’s great to have them but then you would also miss your peace and quiet. :)

Hi Team! Well, I started cleaning out my closet today. I am about halfway done and already have a good size box of clothes to try to sell at the consignment store and another box for Good Will. It feels so good to be getting rid of these too-large clothes. For so many years all I cared about was that the material wasn’t hideous and that it covered my fat. I still have some fat to cover to be sure, but my style has changed, and now the clothes I now wear need to be more than just OK. I can’t wait to go shopping!! :grin: Has anyone here had Lasik surgery. I am seriously looking into it and plan to go for a consultation soon. I’ve worn contacts or glasses since I was 12 years old. To be at goal weight and able to see would be two dreams come true!

APRIL GOALS
    Track using Carb Manager Yup!
    Stay under 30 grams of Carbs 16.7 grams today
    Clean Fast 19+ hours 19 hrs. 45 min.
    Exercise 45+ minutes 80 Day Obsession, Leg day
    Post on the Habit Tracker Daily I sure did!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • caitlingfry
    caitlingfry Posts: 26 Member
    Happy Monday folks! Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!! It’s been awesome reading about everybody else and seeing how positive we can be! Super excited to get the month rolling and see what other cool tricks this group has. I saw the “April Showers” thread early this morning and decided I wanted to join in so I’ll probably head over there next.

@trooworld thanks! It’s been a journey. It’s been tough trying to make it through work without stopping for fast food. My emotional support water bottle comes in handy a lot, a lot. After work I unfortunately spend a lot of time on my phone, but weekends are full of walks, hikes, yard work, cleaning, whatever I need or want to do to recover and replenish. & If you want to hear the doctor story, I’ll share it 😂

@Katmary71 that’s awesome! Sometimes I feel like I would prefer that kind of setting to in home because.. parenting.. but I continue on lol

@TeresaW1020 thanks for the warm welcome and congrats on your clean out!! have fun shopping!!

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    Great to read everyone’s stories!
    @trooworld I have a mini Australian Labradoodle, 1.5 years old and tons of energy so she keeps me moving🤣. So sorry to hear that your pup has to have eye surgery. What kind of dog and how old is he/she.
    @Cornanda sounds like you are going to have a very busy house! I am in the same boat, weight definitely doesn’t come off like it use to.
    @TeresaW1020 congrats on being able to clean out so much of your closet, I know that must feel amazing!!
    It was a good day today, kept to my goals so far. My biggest challenge right now his nighttime snacking. This last week, I have taken up crocheting. I looked it up on YouTube, so I could have something to do in the evening and keep myself distracted. You have never seen a scarf like the one I am making it is the waviest thing, between dropping stitches and picking up too many stitches, but my hands aren’t picking up food😆🤣!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 142.4
    CW (Current Weight): 145.3
    GW: 140
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    🤠Howdy, I'm Austin!
    I'm a mom and live with my husband, our teenage son, and a not-so-small menagerie: elderly cat, young frisky cat, 2 immense goldfish, an opinionated indoor bird (green cheek conure), and a flock of backyard chickens (all beautiful and two of them are super friendly).
    More story if desired:
    I joined Fat2Fit a couple of years ago, part way through my journey. I have lost over 120 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018). Currently I am a bit higher than I'd like, so I am out to lose a few pounds this month. I have been working to build muscle and fitness as well. I study martial arts and love walks (mostly outdoor right now, since the summer heat will be here soon) and platform stepping (Jenny Ford videos!), and I just got started bicycling again, which is being fun.

For me, losing weight and now has been a big science experiment, so I am a big fan of tracking food and exercise. I love to read up on things, and have studied habit building and nutritional science as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. For me, losing weight and keeping it off has been and is still all about noticing what habits I have and developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building.

If you are interested, I especially recommend the work of B.J. Fogg, the professor at the Stanford Behavior Design Lab, whose work has been used to create apps like Instagram, which are arguably habit building machines! He has a book called Tiny Habits, which I love. If you want to reprogram your health and fitness habits, the Tiny Habits system in this book is super simple and practical and unexpectedly (to me) fun. Fogg's team has a weekly free Tiny Habits course to help you build new tiny habits to make your life better!

For inspiration on habits, see also the work of James Clear (author of Atomic Habits). His talk on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly inspirational to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    I just love that message -- you don't need to change something huge to reach your goals. Start small. Keep making small changes. Persistence will get you there!

My favorite nutrition resource is the nonprofit, research-based site, run by Dr. Michael Greger (author of How Not to Diet): nutritionfacts.org

@laurelfit57
    🐕💗Australian Labradoodles are so cute! How small is mini? The one I have met is big and energetic and friendly and a bit goofy.
    "trying to make it through work without stopping for fast food" - I can so feel you on this. I have a theory that our brains are really, really good at remembering where the tasty food is. Seriously. Like birds and squirrels. Every so often I drive by a place I used to go for unhealthy food, and a .little voice in my head gets excited. I just have to keep thanking it for sharing, and work to make sure I am not in a vulnerable/impulsive state when I might go by such a place.

@caitlingfry
    🎉Welcome to Slimpossibles! We're glad you are here!

@TeresaW1020
    I so salute you and those 19-20 hour fasts. Your determination always impresses me! Big congrats on your latest weight loss! 🥳🥳🥳
    Hooray for the successful closet cleaning!
    I had Lasik and have been very happy with it. I went to a doctor that did a *lot* of them and was also very careful and not in a hurry. He had really good references. 👓
    💗I *love* the never give up picture you posted!

@Cornanda
    Are you happy about the impending chaos with the kids home for the summer? It sounds both fun and tiring. 😂😔

@mtnbkr1966
    👋Welcome to Slimpossibles! We're glad you are here!
    Also, I am thinking you may have mountain biking adventures to share about? If so, I'd love to hear a little. I have a road bike and occasionally fantasize about trying trail biking.

@Katmary71
    I love the reminder of your cat menagerie. 😺
    Yay to the new therapist. 🤗

@trooworld
    Hurray for that weight number ticking down! And with pizza and beer, too! 🍕😮

@Jactop
    Booyah! What a great weigh-in! 🎉
    Every time you weigh in, I am SO impressed, thinking about your job in a chocolate store. You have the most amazing willpower! 💪

@eahrenee
    What a great weigh-in! And look at you sneaking up on the 15 pounds lost mark! 🎉

@Jypsy
    Welcome to Slimpossibles!
    Way to go, packing a lunch and staying on your calorie goal! That takes something! 💪

@laurelfit57
    Woohoo! Great weigh-in!🎉

@vegan4lyfe2012
    Big hugs on the number. You are only up a little, which suggests you are doing a lot of things *right.*
    It's great you are looking for a new therapist. Sometimes having the right person to talk to and help makes all the difference. Be kind to you. 🤗

@TwistedSassette
    Hurray to being the lowest you have been in a long time! That's so wonderful! I am so impressed at your getting all this done with your little boy in tow! ✨

@Dignow96
    Congrats on the great weigh-in this week!
    Your story is so, so inspiring. Wow. 😮
    Your fasting sounds rigorous and impressive.

@raleighgirl09
    I always love hearing from you and sometimes your posts really make me think. Just sayin.
    Hugs on this week's weigh-in. Hang in there. A new job is a big adjustment. Maybe if you keep checking in here, it will help you get back on track faster? 👐

@Naturalle9
    Welcome to the group, and congrats on that great weigh-in! 🎉

I am reminded that I had a NSV today. I made sure to eat before grocery shopping today (only bad things happen if I grocery shop hungry) and I took my list and promised myself I would stick to the list. And yay, I *stayed away* from the "healthy" treats that don't work for me.

APRIL GOALS
    These went well today!
    ✔️Food on plan (Dr F) (7x wk)
    ✔️Breathing practice (7x wk)
    ✔️Cardio (6/wk)
    ✔️Meditation practice
    ✔️No food after 8 pm
    ✔️Logged on the Habit Tracker
    ✔️Checked in with Slimpossibles
    🔥Bonus Goal: level up in FitRockr; on track so far
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @Katmary71 Thank you, it went well, he's at home where the snackies are. :) We will find out in 4 weeks if the surgery was a success. I hope your discomfort goes away and that you win your auction and hear back about the community garden. I love the idea of a community garden but have a black thumb and also, the time commitment is not there for me.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for asking. See my response to Katmary71 above. He did well. That's great that you have so many clothes to give away/sell. I am caring more about clothing, too, even though I'm not as near to my goal as you. I figure why not care about how I look? I have had Lasik and PRK surgeries. Lasik in my left eye and that went really well and was painless and took no time. The PRK surgery, I was in a trial for the after-medication and let's just say I got the placebo! It was painful, very painful. Hopefully by now, they have the after-medication worked out for that. I highly recommend the Lasik though.

@caitlingfry I can imagine that must be a temptation. It is for me when I have a stressful day but luckily I don't live in the direct line of fast food restaurants anymore (I used to live where there were about 5 fast food joints all in a row!). That's good you drink a lot of water. I'm trying to drink more. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself on the weekends to recover. I love to hike, it's so replenishing for the body and the soul. I need to do more of it.

@laurelfit57 Oh my gosh! I had to look them up because I've never seen one but geez are they adorable! <3 Thanks re: my doggy. He's 11, he's a pug. He has been through so much so it is sad to see him go through more. He is a rescue...the trainer we had said that it is obvious he was abused in his former house. Plus, he has so many medical issues...diabetes for one (he's not overweight, it's just bad genes I think. I think he was the product of a backyard breeder). That's great you found something to do with your hands at night. I often do crafting with my Cricut machine so that I don't eat. I don't want to get crumbs all over my projects! ;)

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! What a great NSV! Congratulations!

Hi all. I'm so glad my dog's surgery is over. He did well but we won't know for 4 weeks if the surgery was a success. I had to work onsite at my job yesterday and I often have a hard time while there: there is a cafe and vending machines too. I sometimes, often, fall to snacks due to stress. I'm happy to say that yesterday, despite a busy day with a bit of stress, I did not fall to the vending machine nor cafe! I even went to the cafe to get a coffee but only walked out with the coffee.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
This discussion has been closed.