• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    ❌Steps 2,502
    ❌Sleep
    ❌Walk
    ❌Physio 0/2

Reds usually my favourite colour but not in this case. The pain is not as intense today so I am aiming to get some green in tomorrow’s report. I am going to go for a short walk and I must get physio done. Tomorrow morning I have my doctors appointment regarding what they can do now that they know the source of the pain.

I use a resistance band for all but 2 of my physio exercises. I was wondering if anyone uses resistance bands in their workouts. I am thinking this might be an option for while I am waiting for the exercise room to open again.

Have a super Thursday!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @rwood566 - glad you are feeling a little better. Hope you get the halter and cpap set up soon

@TheresaM787 - I love you daily motivation and your comments are so supportive. You are a great motivator. Thank you 😊

@lindamtuck2018 - same for you! Thank you for all of the support and motivation 😊 Good luck at the e doctor tomorrow. I hope there is a resolution for your pain

@Bluetail6 - I hope all of the work is done on time and that you get to enjoy the few extra days

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    5/23 10,060
    5/24 18,235
    5/25 18,472
    5/26 14,637

@TheresaM787
    MFP is glitching a bit for me again. I sent you a message, but I am thinking that maybe it didn't go through. I won't be home until Friday night, so I don't have a scale this week for my weigh-in. I will weigh-in on Saturday morning and report then. Thanks:)
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/26 steps 10,619
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    5/26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 116oz
    Steps 9183
    Exercise 45min on treadmill

So far so good on the exercise front. 3 days in a row (and already mowed the lawn for today too). Getting back into the swing of things.
    Tomorrow is my birthday and I've definitely decided I don't want to go out to eat. I'm not making a cake either. I don't want all the leftover cake in the house. My kids really want cake for my birthday though lol, so I've decided we will go to a bakery and pick out a cupcake for each person. That way we all have a treat and there are no leftovers to deal with(try to stay away from).

Happy Birthday :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to my podiatrist appointment ... I am not having any pain since I have been laying around for a month but I have a feeling I will have some pain when I resume to walking
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Woooowwwww!!! How do you do it Rachel? I have to go on a four-mile walk, plus I rarely sit to get that high. Please share your secret. Mmmmm love love love your dinner.

@lmf1012
    Another 🎉 step day!!! Look at you smashing goals👏🏻👏🏻

@iradi8
    Tremendous week of steps for you!! No, I didn't get your message, thank you for letting me know. I put a note in that you'll send in your update on Saturday. Thanks again!

@azkunk
    Awww, thank you so much 🤗 that really means a lot to me 🤗 YOU are a terrific motivator. Thank you for always showing our team so much encouragement and support 🤗

@lindamtuck2018
    What a day you had, I hope today was better for you. Fingers crossed that the doctor will have some helpful suggestions for you. I guess that's why they call it "practicing medicine" 🤦🏻‍♀️ I hope you'll be able to get in some good sleep tonight.

@Bluetail6
    Round of applause 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Down FIFTY-FOUR pounds!! Well done and while doing the renovation too. You have your hands full! That's a brilliant plan to allow yourself grace and not go "hog wild" (love that expression).

@runzfromzombies
    What about spicy pickled carrots or pickles? I've heard of pickled eggs, but never have eaten one.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Good luck at the podiatrist. I wish they had something to help alleviate the pain. 🤗
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 226.8
    CW: 229.4

Unwanted, but also not unexpected. Still trying to get myself fully into an "on-track" mindset.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888 - you can do this

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - hopefully the break of your feet made an impact and the pain will not be as bad once you start walking again

@Tazaria87 - Happy Birthday! Great plan with the cupcakes

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Update on my podiatrist appointment... I have arthritis in my left ankle ... and it is swollen but doesn't hurt unless you push on it ....He wants to see me back in 4 weeks .... he wants to see how I do with walking before he wants to do injections or PT or whatnot .....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA. Things have been so crazy this week with finals, and winding down the school year. I’m happy to say, though, after tomorrow, I am officially a teacher on summer vacation. I will have survived this extraordinarily unique, treacherous, awful, dumpster fire of a school year. Teaching in a pandemic was a challenge that I would never like to face again. I’m super proud of ALL of us who did it - those who innovated, rocked it out, made it the best possible situation, and survived. I imagine there are other teachers on this thread, and I want to give all of you major kudos and air high-fives, because this was unbelievable. I am exhausted- physically and emotionally, and I know I am not the only one. Once this week wraps up I think I will have more energy to actually participate in the daily conversations, or at least a couple times a week.

I am super proud to say that I didn’t spiral with my diet or exercise - I had ups and downs, but I picked it up towards the end, and this week I made a conscious decision to make or exceed my step goal of 6K steps everyday. Saturday’s weigh-in will (hopefully) be positive…but for right now, I’m going to post my steps, and be proud of that. I told myself, and y’all, that I would come up with a NSV everyday, and I did. I may not post it here, but I definitely thought of it everyday. With that, I’m writing my steps, and probably going to go take a nap.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/23: 9,571
    5/24: 7,663
    5/25: 13,111
    5/26: 10,359

I too am looking forward to summer break ... I have home schooled my daughter from day 1 .... we have been in K12 for the past 10 years .... I absolutely love it ..... My mom was a HS teacher I even had her as a teacher .. I have a lot of respect for teachers <3<3<3
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Awesome loss and did while travelling!

@Tazaria87
    Happy Birthday! Nice thinking with the cupcakes!

@888Angie888
    You got this!

@red1185
    Teachers have really earned their summer break this last year. I can’t imagine teaching at the best of times let alone the last year. I think you definitely need to be pampered. Great steps!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Did he mention how to reduce the swelling? Is it the old fashioned RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate)?

@red1185
    Congratulations on finishing this crazy pandemic school year 👏🏻👏🏻 Well done getting in all of those high steps in, that's a fantastic showing 🎉 I'm glad you're keeping up with the NSVs 🤗

@888Angie888
    That's a terrific mindset, I'm glad you are giving yourself some grace 🤗
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA. Things have been so crazy this week with finals, and winding down the school year. I’m happy to say, though, after tomorrow, I am officially a teacher on summer vacation. I will have survived this extraordinarily unique, treacherous, awful, dumpster fire of a school year. Teaching in a pandemic was a challenge that I would never like to face again. I’m super proud of ALL of us who did it - those who innovated, rocked it out, made it the best possible situation, and survived. I imagine there are other teachers on this thread, and I want to give all of you major kudos and air high-fives, because this was unbelievable. I am exhausted- physically and emotionally, and I know I am not the only one. Once this week wraps up I think I will have more energy to actually participate in the daily conversations, or at least a couple times a week.

I am super proud to say that I didn’t spiral with my diet or exercise - I had ups and downs, but I picked it up towards the end, and this week I made a conscious decision to make or exceed my step goal of 6K steps everyday. Saturday’s weigh-in will (hopefully) be positive…but for right now, I’m going to post my steps, and be proud of that. I told myself, and y’all, that I would come up with a NSV everyday, and I did. I may not post it here, but I definitely thought of it everyday. With that, I’m writing my steps, and probably going to go take a nap.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/23: 9,571
    5/24: 7,663
    5/25: 13,111
    5/26: 10,359

I too am looking forward to summer break ... I have home schooled my daughter from day 1 .... we have been in K12 for the past 10 years .... I absolutely love it ..... My mom was a HS teacher I even had her as a teacher .. I have a lot of respect for teachers <3<3<3

That’s awesome! Idk how homeschool parents do it. My hat’s off to you! My sister took her 3 boys out of school, and homeschooled them for the first time this year. I have so much respect for y’all.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 12,600 (please increase my step goal to 10,000 for now, I may need to back off in a few weeks when the humidity and heat index rises to hellish temperatures)

I gotta say, I love going on these early morning walks (after coffee and dropping the kiddos off to school for the three hours of EOY events) . It's not as hot (still come back home a dripping mess though) and I get to listen to podcasts. I'm finding the four miles challenging. I know it takes persistence and with practice I'll eventually be able to walk the four miles without the aches.

Tomorrow is the clap out for the kids (wipe away tear) and then it's off to a celebratory breakfast. I have a bunch of chores written out for when we get home. I already know that I will not be able to do my walk (I don't think I'll be able to find an hour). I'm trying to not be obsessive about walking, I just really want to continue my streak. If I finish my list- HA! - I'll go for a walk, even if it's only a half hour.

I am planning on squeezing in the bike, in between the first load of laundry (and instead of paying bills- I'll get the bills paid after the bike). I hear about people that go to bed at 9:00 and wake up at 5:00. There is apparently a 5AM. That sounds crazy to me.

What time do you wake up?
This discussion has been closed.