Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Aqualang26
    Nice loss ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

@Beverly2Hansen
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰way to go on hitting your three daily goals! Spectacularly high step count๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

@rwood566
    If you threw me into a vat of beer, I'd get it done ๐Ÿ˜† Thank you, the kids are so excited to be finished with school for a couple of months.
    Excellent steps Roger ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Yes, MFP did that to me yesterday also, except it doubled my breakfast breakdown ๐Ÿคฃ it showed I was over by almost 1,000 calories ๐Ÿ˜ฒ. When I fixed the duplicate, it showed a much lower overage (170) ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ. You've been so consistently staying under 1,600 (and yesterday 1,500), I admire your willpower. Thank you again for donating blood ๐ŸŽ‰ I love that your daughter WANTS to go to the gym with you.

@roz0810
    Hopefully your treadmill arrives soon. ๐Ÿค— I know you miss getting in your steps. Especially with you crushing those FitBit challenges (or at least it seems that way with the high steps you have).

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 i 100% agree with beachwalks being good for the soul. Some people meditate I go there and walk and collect sea glass in between. I live a 5 mins drive from the beach and feel so lucky to have it!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 11,592

Yesterday was a great day, if didnโ€™t have to drive the kids to school so I stayed in my pjโ€™s and watch morning tv which I never do and then did some projects around the house and hubby sat in that hideous line to pick up the kids. He has never done this so wanted to give him a taste of the fun before the school year ends in a couple of weeks.

We went out for dinner last night so I think I will skip the scale this am.

I am disappointed that the weather is horrible and my hubby has to work for memorial day weekend but maybe that will allow me to be better eating. We have no plans due to the cold and pouring rain.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @iradi8
    The biggest difference is I am spreading my calories more evenly over the day. I think this way I am eating a little less for bed time snack so I am sleeping more comfortably.

@amymartin555
    Welcome to the team! Cordless jump rope sounds like an awesome workout!

@Poobah1972
    Congrats on your first week of strength training! You had a great burn for your session. Which Fitbit do you have?

@TheresaM787
    Well done on another great step and bike day! Thatโ€™s huge improving your water intake. Great thinking on using dictation while walking.

@Aqualang26
    Nice loss!

@Beverly2Hansen
    I hope your stomach feels better today! Awesome steps!

@rwood566
    Great check in! I think mfp was messed up yesterday. I deleted an entire meal and when I came back to my diary yesterday some of the items were still there.

@rlaskey2
    I never think of skipping the scale after a meal out. What a great idea as it would not set me up for a bad day even though I know itโ€™s sodium.

@lmf1012
    Awesome loss and steps!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    The June team chat is open!

Please continue to weigh in and report this week's steps here. Go to the new chat for introductions, your goals and commitments for the next month, and anything else you'd enjoy discussing. Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834138/downsizers-june-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 if your feet are still swollen it may be from lack of movement. My lower legs have swelled for this reason and I am wearing compression hose to relieve the swelling. If you are able to get up and walk around the house for a minute or two each hour it might help, too.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 if your feet are still swollen it may be from lack of movement. My lower legs have swelled for this reason and I am wearing compression hose to relieve the swelling. If you are able to get up and walk around the house for a minute or two each hour it might help, too.

Thanks ...it is only my left ankle that is swollen ...I am resuming to my walking on Monday with my daughter and Husky ...taking it slow of course
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Piqueaboo so glad that you got to spend time with your grandmother before she passed. I am sorry for your loss but am sure that she knew how much you loved her.

@rwood566 hope that you receive answers for your dizziness. A simple blood test confirmed my diagnosis. I also had an ekg, ecg, 72 hour holter monitor and multiple blood tests for anemia, vitamin deficiencies and to check blood sugars before they found the correct diagnosis. Evidently there are many causes of lightheadedness.

@lindamtuck2018 great weight loss and hope that your diagnosis is helpful in finding relief.

@Beverly2Hansen that is a huge weight loss for a month. Congratulations on incorporating so much activity into your day.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    An Early Friendly Reminder: I need steps from the following people:

@littleflutterby 5/24-5/28
    @Z1ORtza- 5/24-5/28
    @Bluetail6 - 5/27-5/28

Thanks for your cooperation ladies :)

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 --that is an exceptional accomplishment!!!! ๐Ÿ’ฎ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿต๏ธ๐ŸŒผ
    You are an inspiration!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    That is so amazing! You should be so proud of yourself. You are definitely an inspiration!

@Beverly2Hansen
    Great loss for the month and you entered a new decade!

@red1185
    Nice loss!

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Congrats on your first week of strength training! You had a great burn for your session. Which Fitbit do you have?

Good Afternoon... First thank you for all the kind feed back you give people... Same goes to @TheresaM787 and @iradi8 and everyone else that takes the time.

You guys do an amazing job of keeping everyone going... Super motivational. I know I'm a part time only concerned about myself compared to you guys. I just don't have any extra time to put that much effort in. So I just wanted a chance to express my thanks.

As for you question... I'm - using a Fit Bit Versa 3, and oddly enough it's not the steps that motivate me or interest me. But the GPS, Zone Minutes, and General ability to calculate Burn based on actual Heart Rate is just the Cat's Pajama's. I also love the Heart Rate chart for exercises.. This tells me if I need to kick things up, or not. hehe.

This mornings round up...

I got my butt outside first thing this morning to complete my 5th walk of the week. Target goal achieved! But I must admit I sort of wimped out a wee bit. My legs were just not with me today, felt like they had a mind of their own, and they would just only move so fast, and they surely didn't like walking up hills today. I was moving slower, and I was laboring harder.

3zsa2ltpjmcv.png

Besides we still have grocery shopping to do momentarily, and we never just go to one place. So more burn is a coming. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘

As for the legs, the DOMS haven't set in yet... But they are coming, Since walking this morning I'm starting to feel it in my quads, particularly the left leg. It's going to get worse. Hmmm Yeah. ๐Ÿ˜†

So, I've decided to try something different today. For the Following reasons.
    • Yesterday was Leg day and legs being my largest and best muscle group, likely require the most sustenance to repair.
    • Tomorrow is fast day, and I won't be feeding said muscles anything but water.
    • I typically have a ridiculous Calorie burn every day and have plenty of overhead for calories.
    I'm going to eat quite a bit more than usual today in an attempt to support muscle recovery before heading into that fast tomorrow... Nothing crazy, but whereas I'm usually ~1600, I'll be fine with eating anywhere from 2000-2500 today. I even added a few high protein snacks after I posted my food diary yesterday raising yesterday to 1800. (Figured my legs needed it). ๐Ÿ’ช

To start with this morning... I had a third egg, and an extra piece of keto toast. But yeah, I'm keeping it all strictly keto of course, just more of it. So, let me know what you think of that plan? Make sense to you?

The day is almost done now

The DOMS have arrived... In fact they arrived shortly after walking and during grocery shopping. Sitting on the toilet is once again a very difficult task. (and I have high toilets... Thank the Lord). Getting into the car is probably the next most difficult task, as I need to push off and bend down low with my left leg. And for some reason my Left leg is much more angry then my right.

So I guess that mean's we did something right. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‹

I managed to eat 2200 calories today.. And believe me when I say I wasn't hungry, so I was just stuffing more in my mouth purely cause I know it's good for me. FYI, I probably shouldn't have had the nice serving of Keto Ice cream (it was amazing by the way... and stupid expensive). But whatever... Extra wings were also nice.

Hopefully the pain isn't going to get any worse, and disappears by Monday morning? *crosses fingers* ๐Ÿคž

Have a great night and a great sleep everyone.

I actually need to go to work and do the monthly finances for my family (myself, son, brother and fiancรฉ). I got spreadsheets so everyone pays there fair share... lol. Oh well needs to be done... Gotta Run! (yes that means I literally bunch in every item from every receipt, from every purchase for the whole month, and have a share system for each person.... Were talking amazon, Drug store, Grocery store... Any place really). :P

OH crap almost forgot... Went to see a Doctor today and since my AC1 is 5.1 he refuses to test my glucose again. Which I guess is good if my AC1 is so good and it's suppose to represent about 3-6 months of history. But what about all those high Glucose readings I get? I just don't get it. (FYI my wife tests good and normal every time using the same devise). So I'm confused.

Also refused to test HDL and LDL again.. Cause my numbers were so phenomenal. He does want a pee test though, as my Creatinine tested so good I either have remarkable kidney health, or something is wrong. He also though I was in my mid 30's and not 49? So whatever. :)

Anyway, they will test my hemoglobin and iron and stuff again.. And hopefully the Anemia is just a small blip on the radar. (I'm thinking of doctoring up the form, to include glucose, but that would be unethical? hmmmm).

Thanks once again for all the support, and I'm just as proud of you, as you guys are of me. And girls you all really do look gorgeous, (and yeah the guys too... ๐Ÿ˜…). ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @poobah24

I appreciate how you give us an update on what's working and you always have such an optimistic attitude! I look forward to reading your posts. I am a believer in eating more on lifting days. I wish I had more data to back it up, but I have lost around 30 pounds without losing muscle mass (as much as I can trust a $30 body composition scale) with this strategy.
This discussion has been closed.