Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Fantastic loss Linda πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» What a terrific post! Look at all of those βœ…s πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» and a spectacular loss to boot! That sounds like you found a way to eat that truly works for you πŸŽ‰ I'm so happy for you πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

@rwood566
    Tremendous loss Roger πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ» You're doing magnificently with your journey/path/adventure (I know so many have their own turn of phrase) πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@Piqueaboo
    I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmotherπŸ€—. I'm glad to hear that you were able to spend so much time with her and chat together before her passing. It's obvious you had a special relationship. I'm sorry πŸ€—

@Poobah1972
    Another brilliant walk for you! Well done planning to add an extra lap to your routine. Keep going, you're doing wonderful πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@rlaskey2
    Almost 21,000 steps! That's one L-O-N-G WALK! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@Piqueaboo
    Well done on your continued weight loss path, you've accomplished so much πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    You are really inspiring! I love your spirit. You really did great on the recumbent bike. 7.25 miles? That is really fantastic:) Bikes are so hard on the rump.

@lindamtuck2018
    So happy for you! You are really doing so well! Five pounds after your diet break is wonderful! Look at all of that green! I am glad the night time eating has not been a problem now with your new way of eating. What has made a difference for you with that?

@Poobah1972
    You are doing fantastic as well!

@Piqueaboo
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. How wonderful that you were able to spend time with her before she passed. What a nice, long life at 97:)

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    A glow in the dark trail sounds awesome! I am glad to hear that the skin grafts are painless. Nevertheless, I can't imagine how hard it must be with the waiting to be healed. Once you are able to walk and swim, you're going to do great again.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That's awful that you still have swelling even without walking:(

@Beverly2Hansen
    Love those NSVs! Those are so important.

@mszoueb
    You are so right. The weight does seem to come on so very fast, and it comes off so very slow. I try to focus on the trend and not the ups and downs because those ups can be frustrating. I feel your pain though.

@Bluetail6
    You've been a busy bee. We are finishing up here at our beach condo today. I'll be headed home this evening. We also did lots of work while here. I'm just hoping we have a lot of rentals soon! I wish I could stay:) Do you enjoy visiting your condo? It's in NM, right?

@rlaskey2
    Look at those steps!!! Wow! Beach walks are so amazing. For me, it just refreshes my soul. Do you find that to be true as well? My beach walks have come to an end for now. Until next time...

@Poobah1972
    Six laps - go for it! Thanks for the Fitbit tips!

@rwood566
    Love that "pet the tiger" thing. I'm going to remember that:)

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Great check in! You hit all those goals!

@cdnmomma3
    Welcome to the team!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Amazing ltd!

@rwood566
    Darn right you should be proud. Great job!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Amy... Jump rope is serious Cardio Business. Great stuff.

Leg Day is done... First week of weight training is complete! I'm still breathing! WIN! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

We're not doing anything crazy per say... Let's face it were both terribly out of shape. But I can tell the walking has helped prepare me for this day.

The Super Bench Pro is quite unique, in the full incline position the seat actually has 2 positions... One at 12.5" high and the other at 14.5" high. So, for now, were just squatting our own body weight using the bench seat as a safety and a marker to let us know when we are low enough. Lynn is squatting her bum down to the lower height and I'm going to the 14.5". (I'm, also a lot taller than her). It was tough and a slow hard push to get those last reps in in the last few sets. We were definitely getting some "jello" legs... Nothing to crazy but a great start.

In my mind the ability to go lower should improve quite quickly at body weight... I think I'll try to squat to the 12.5" height next week (at least try). 12.5" is plenty low... Once I can do that for 3 full sets of body weight, then it will be time to start adding in weight. If I do this right, I should be able to maintain all my leg and back strength as I lose weight over time, which should translate to some pretty good power and muscle mass. (Like I did 15ish years ago). I guess we will see. (I'm older now)

As for Leg extensions... and Leg Curls... I can fit in the machine... Although on the leg curl, where I'm lying belly down on the bench, it's uncomfortable at best... Even the leg curl is uncomfortable, as it's difficult for me to keep my legs so close together for that long, while exerting that much force. I just wish the bars that support the cushion and the cushions themselves were longer, and it would resolve some of the issues. I can handle 100LB leg extensions fairly well, so another benefit of being so large. lol. I should be proud though, because there is no way I would have ever been able to fit or do this at my heaviest weight.

Next up we actually had the nerve to think we could tie ankle cuffs to our ankles and hook our legs up to a low cable to perform lateral leg lifts with weights. Lol THINK AGAIN. Being big does not really help you with a lateral leg Lifts, apparently, those muscles aren't really needed for walking or getting around very much. lol... So, we just opted for body weight lateral leg lifts for now, and it was pretty good. Instead of using the low cable, in the future we can just hook up weights to the ankle cuff. For now, though I think it's great.

And for the finale, I just put my toes on the bottom frame of my power rack and did Body weight Calve Raises, nice and slow with a hold at the top for 3 x 10. Definitely need to start adding weight next week. I just didn't want to completely cripple myself for the weekend. lol

Oh and I accidently paused my Fitbit at some point... Losing 4 minutes of action. No Biggie

Lynn Opted to do more Ab and core exercises of various types. πŸ™‚

It's also official... We've created a Monster. Lynn officially loves Leg Day, and working out. She thinks it's the Bee's Knee's. So that's pretty darn cool. (I wonder what she will think by Sunday, when the pain comes... hehe) ?

And incidentally every workout this week came in at about 1.5 hours (what i had figured πŸ˜‹), not bad considering were just finding our weights... Should move a little quicker next week.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and GOOD NIGHT!... ps. (I'm hoping I can walk tomorrow morning before the pain kicks in.) πŸ˜¬πŸ˜†

9w4d4ohiamk8.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    Hi I thought I would introduce myself. My name is amy. I am 51 and a mother of a daughter who is 26 who is away going to Veterinary School and a 19 year old son who is still at home. I need to lose about 50 lbs. My main form of exercise is walking. I try to get 10,000 steps a day but sometimes it is a challenge. I started this week doing 1000 jumps with a cordless jumprope and has really got my heartrate up. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Hope everyone has a good weekend .

Welcome to our very talkative group ....Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Look at all of those goals smashed πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Glad to hear that your cravings are gone already.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Well done on maintaining, especially while recuperating! That's a tough job and the past two weeks you pulled in losses, while recuperating from surgery. Truly amazing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@rwood566
    Wow!! You were pushing hard on that bike. Yes, your "rump" 🀣 will get used to the bike seat (it took me about two weeks). You should feel proud, you were speeding along. Thank you for donating blood to the vampires.

@Poobah1972
    Congrats on week one completed! Love the two of you are working out together AND loving it! The couple that sweats together stays together.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles βœ…
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget πŸ‘Ž

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,000

Today was the kids last dayπŸŽ‰ I helped out a bit by hanging balloons around the outside of the school. While I was waiting for the last day (outside) parade to begin, I checked my steps- over 4,000! Later on, I had two calls (πŸ˜‰) and walked the hallway during the calls, utilizing the dictation feature (which only misinterpreted a good 30%), I was able to get in about 3,000 more steps. Woo hoo! I knew I wasn't going to get in my hour walk today, but with the volunteering at the school and the calls, I was able to make up for most of my missed steps.

I'm still trying to get in those 8 cups. Last year, and all of the years before that, I barely drank any water (seltzer). If I had a 1/2 cup of water that was a lot. I worked my way up to an average of five cups over the past six months. I still have a ways to go before 8 cups becomes my new normal.

Took the kids out for a celebratory breakfast after the parade. Over indulged, I was so hungry by the time we got to the restaurant that I devoured my breakfast, even though I didn't enjoy it. Next time, I need to eat a bit before going to breakfast so that I don't run into a similar situation.

Have a great night!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Also my tummy was angry because last night I ate gluten and there was lots of sodium... I knew better and today I did better. Reset tomorrow.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Aqualang26 nice weigh in.

@theresam787 you'll get to 8. maybe try jumping into a swimming pool and swallow? lol i have a 28 ounce glass for my water. only have to refill a couple times. grats to your kids and you for completing the year. very good exercise and steps.

@poobah1972 it sounds like you're having to much fun with your weight machines. lol great job on the exercises.

welcome to all of our new members. we're going to double our team size, it seems.

@amymartin555 cordless jump rope? never heard of it. sounds intriging.

check in for 5/28:
    steps - 4780. off and on for walking today.
    calories - thought i did 1650 until i got on here on the laptop instead of the phone. found out i was claiming 3 ferrero roche when i only ate 1, so i ate 1500 cal.
    exercise - gym for the exercise bike and a short walk to get picked up after giving blood. daughter wants to hit the gym again tomorrow.

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    28th May
    Steps 4,784

Being very lazy lately. Just waiting still for my treadmill to get here so I can get serious again.
This discussion has been closed.