Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options
1404142434446»

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Thank you so much. I'm glad, that's what we are all here for🤗 Congratulations on hitting your weekly goal - FIVE WALKS ✅🎉 Jump in a hot tub, ok carefully and slowly climb into a hot tub (epson salts), your poor legs. How did you ever walk this morning? Pats on the back 🙌🏻 for adding in calories in a safe way (choosing healthy protein-dense foods compared to, oh I don't know apple pie). You're doing spectacularly well, love that your doc thought you were a good 15 years younger!

@Beverly2Hansen
    Wow, you had a fantastic month! Six pounds👏🏻👏🏻 well done Beverly!

@Tazaria87
    Congratulations on losing a.. you! That's absolutely phenomenal! Congratulations on your dedication and determination, for staying consistent and motivated. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🎉🎉
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY 🎁🎈

@red1185
    Yayyyy Rachel a 2.2 pound loss AND all of those high steps 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

@lindamtuck2018
    Please give yourself a pat on the back for your well earned successes: sleep, that's a big one and you slept; walk, even though you were in pain (I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, that's terrible); physio, you did both rounds! 🙌🏻🤩 Hopefully you will be able to get an appointment soon, try to take it easy until you feel better. That's so thoughtful of you to go grocery shopping for your friend, I hope she's ok.
    Thank you, I know I need to keep working on drinking water. Trying to change the way I've always (since I was a kid) been is a hard one. I keep reminding myself, it's a goal. Try to get in at least five cups, then try for 5 1/2... Thank you 🤗

@lmf1012
    Congratulations on your loss Joni 👏🏻👏🏻 Way to go with your steps! You've been crushing it this week 🤩

@rlaskey2
    Terrific steps Rachel! Four straight over 10,000 🎉🎉🎉 That's hilarious about having your husband drive the kids to school (ugh, those car lines are ridiculous) 🤣. Glad you had a chance to stay in your jammies.

• TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles 👎
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 13,500

I actually forgot to ride today. How did that happen? Well, for one thing I've switched my habit stacking (Atomic Habits by James Clear) from morning coffee then bike, to morning coffee then walk. I usually then have breakfast, do a few chores, enjoy some family time, then ride. Not today though. I forgot. If I wasn't about to pass out from being so tired, I'd ride for five minutes so that my streak is still there. The streak was going to break either tomorrow or Monday anyway, we have family driving down and I won't get my rides in for about a week. I just can't believe I forgot. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Wednesday (Saturday this week)
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 195.3
    LTD: 57.3 pounds (SW 252.6)

Was hoping the scale would be down a little with all of my beach walks, but I know that I have fluid today. Since I was out of town, I am cool with staying the same:)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    5/27 16,086
    5/28 10,635
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    19,075 steps. If you guys add me you'll see my google fit screen shots of my steps every evening for verification.
    Food was under goal.
    Drank around 99oz of water.
    Tried apple cider vinagar to hopefully stop the water retention I've been having but we'll see.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I played this for that today. My daughter wanted mc Donald's chicken sandwiches and I talked her into safeway chicken strips. I'd love to tell you I can will power through eating fast food if I'm around it but I'm not there yet avoidance is my only choice while on a deficit. Not reaching my goal this morning for my weigh in was more motivating than I expected. I'd thought today would be a rest day but actually made serious headway breaking my previous record. I'm 148.0lbs shooting for 130.0lbs and then looking at serious body recomposition. Essentially I have about 20lbs of fat to lose and 10lbs of muscles to gain. As my stomach has become visibly smaller though not anywhere near gone more of my fat sits in the front. I know as we get smaller our proportions change but it's making me self concious. Luckily I'm certain in 5-10 more pounds lost it will no longer be an issue but today I don't like it. I appreciate your support. I will work on making time to celebrate your victories too but right now I'm warn out by the time I read everything so I don't have a lot of commenting energy. That being said as we move into june my step count will hopefully really help our team so I can commit to that as a form of support.🙂
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Please move to the June team chat!

This chat was for last month. Our June team chat is up and running.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834138/downsizers-june-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.