Options
    Jypsy1 wrote: »
    @broncobuddee
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. Jypsy1
    Weigh in day. Saturday
    Pw. 142.3
    Cw. 140.6

It seems like every Saturday day I get swamped with the unexpected so may I please change my weigh in day to Sunday? Thank you

@Jypsy1 All set!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,130 Member
    Options
    Hi there ....You have a new member heading your way .... Please welcome @Kinalau :)
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling this weekend!
    I really wish an off day wouldn't mess with me so much! Yesterday started out really good, I even got up earlier then a normal weekend ( my husband doesn't have to work in the mornings on the weekends so it's sleep in days lol). Then mid afternoon it all hit the fan.
    I hadn't even had lunch yet and my husband needs me to go on a parts run 36 miles away so 72 mile round trip and of course it for people stranded on the interstate so it drop everything and go!
    That's not a big deal my son and I make the run to Walmart tire center so we grabbed some baby carrots and bananas to tide me over till we get back so win for me!
    Then we get back and he has another person broke down waiting for him to finish the first job and of course it's another tire job so I wait around and help get the tires on the first car so we can check out the next one, and wouldn't you know they need a tire. So off to Walmart I go another 72 miles. This time I grabbed a one bar so another win.
    By the time we get done and I get home its after 10 I still have supper to make no time and to tired to workout and after not eating much all day everything looks so good, so I munch while I cook (on thinks I shouldn't) then eat late never a good think for me and then to bed late.
    Slept in today, no ambition, just felt completely blaaa, ate to much, didn't do a single work out and here it is midnight and I'm still awake.
    Yay bring on Monday!

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!
    This is the reset day for me. I'm excited about the Week 4 challenge.
    I'm working on decluttering my closets and will make a trip to Goodwill.
    I've been invited to go to my nieces kindergarten classes to do storytelling today and she doesn't know about it. I can't wait to see her face when she sees me. I'll be walking at the mall again today. It's so beautiful out but it's going to be hot today. Let's do something great with this day. I'm all in! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I'm glad you had a good time over the weekend and spent quality time with your mom. Let's get it!

@Jypsy1 That's a great NSV, getting baby carrots, bananas, and One bar instead of fast food.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Great loss, how are you doing? How's the mood been?

Hi all. Yesterday was okay, I had my book club meeting and that went very well and kept me busy for 2 hours. I made dinner and it didn't turn out as expected, it was awful, and usually, when that happens, we end up ordering delivery food. Not last night, I scrounged in the fridge and found some light crab salad to eat instead! Today I work onsite so I need to make sure and bring plenty of snacks so I stay out of the vending machines.

50 Day Commitment:
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all- As others have mentioned, I need a reset. I never really got my groove back after vacay. The two pounds I gained are still with me and while I'm glad I haven't put on more, it's past time to return to good habits.

I've re-read my motivation notes, planned exercise for the week, will work more on monitoring hunger and eating when I'm hungry, not because I feel like eating. A big chop fest for the fruits and veggies will also happen today.

I'm so grateful for this group---- it's common to relax some habits and get stuck. And it's good to know that I'm not alone!

Lisa
  • Kinalau
    Kinalau Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I'm Loretta. I'm a 50 year old data cruncher for a school district after having served as an English teacher, vice principal, and then principal. I have two sons, aged 10 and 14. I used mfp to lose most of my weight in 2017-18 and am finally getting mentally back to finishing up the last bit and found that group challenges and friends helped so much last time so here I am. Hope to get to know you all and support everyone's journey.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @mlhopp93 I totally connect to your post about becoming complacent. I know that has been one of my issues over and over again as I struggle to stay focused on weight loss. We have to become hyper-focused on the end results and how we are going to get to where we want to be. I have this rule that I won't go off plan more than a meal (or a day at the most) and when I forget (or ignore) that rule that is when I get into trouble. ;) I look forward to watching and cheering your progress as you get your next 62 lbs off. B)

@trooworld So glad that you had a good time with your friend. What kind of art did you make? :)

@TwistedSassette Thanks! The new car is fun and after my dog stopped barking at it, I think she enjoyed her ride. :grin: You have been busy but it all sounds good. That is great that you and your mum can have deep conversations. I’m glad that your cold is over and now you can refocus on your weight loss efforts. :)

@Jypsy1 What a crazy day you with all those tire runs. I can see how hard it would be to stay on your plan. Hang in there! <3

@askewcr It’s a reset day for me too!! Let’s make this the best week of the month! I have a plan to declutter some stuff in my house too. We reorganized and cleaned the garage the other day and now I’m motivated to go into other rooms and closets. Have fun with your niece’s class!

@trooworld Glad that the book club when well! What a bummer that dinner didn’t turn out. I hate when that happens but good for not ordering takeout. Now just to stay away from those evil vending machines!

@Cornanda I agree that the good thing about this group is that we aren't alone in our struggles. I've had to take some hard looks at what I've been doing lately too and get real with what I have and have not been doing consistently. Let's turn it around!! B)

@Kinalau Welcome, Loretta to the Slimpossibles! It’s great to have you on our team. You will find us a very supportive and chatty group, so just jump in and make yourself at home. :)

Hi Team! Today was the first day where I didn’t have to run around like a crazy person. I did a good workout this morning and then I spent time organizing different areas of my house. I even boxed up about 10 jigsaw puzzles to donate. I still have over 20 that I have never done and about 10 or more that I will keep and do again. :grin: We are almost to the halfway point of 2021 and so far, this year I’ve lost 10 lbs. I acknowledge that it’s a lot better than gaining 10 lbs., but it should have been more. I am not going to get to my goal weight if I don’t seriously get it together. So, I’m changing up my commitment from a 50-day challenge to a Goal Weight Challenge. I’m hoping that posting my commitment to myself will help me stay focused. Fingers crossed!! :grin:

Goal Weight Challenge: Keeping my eye on the prize! B)
    Fasting Hours (Goal 19+): 19 hrs. 22 minutes
    Track & Eat Keto (carbs under 30 total grams): I didn’t track today, but I will start tomorrow!
    No snacking between meals No snacks
    No unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21-day Lower Fix -30 minutes
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I love your new car, the color is beautiful!

@Kinalau Welcome to the gang!

Sorry for not catching up with everyone! I'm taking it easy today, tomorrow just got super busy as I was going near my folk's for an appointment in the morning and am picking up a basket for my walker at 2 so I'd planned to hang out with my dad in between then he was just called that relatives we haven't seen in years will be in town tomorrow night and want to meet us for dinner. That's about 30 miles from my house and driving is really hard so if I stick around driving will be even tougher. I don't have my boyfriend drive me since it's all day but if I do that I may just stay at my parent's as I get worse throughout the day and getting home will be hard. I can't wait to get the micro current unit as it would help a lot, I've been at the point where I need steroids again but I'm trying to tough it out.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Kinalau I hope you love it here as much as I do!

@Jypsy1 I'm sorry you had a tough day and everything snowballed. I think you should give yourself credit for the wins you had though! And maybe there's something you can make ahead and have in the freezer for supper for when something like this happens? Then it's just a reheat and eat situation (and you might even be able to squeeze in a workout while it's heating sometimes). Here's hoping for a better Monday!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yay! Good loss!

@askewcr Ohhh I bet your niece will love the surprise! I wish we had a mall I could walk in lol gotta love small town life!

@trooworld Great NSV :smile: It's so easy to just get takeout when dinner doesn't work out.

@Cornanda Sounds like you have a good plan in place to move forward - you got this!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well, I learned something last night. That's what I'm telling myself! I was craving some chocolate custard with pears and I had to go to the supermarket on my way home. They had no chocolate custard :disappointed: so I quickly googled a recipe and just got the ingredients for the first one that came up. While hubby cooked dinner, I made the custard. It was totally delicious, and I only served myself a small portion (though admittedly I did eat the toddler's even smaller portion when he decided he wanted yoghurt instead). Turns out that small portion was close to 500 calories!! Lesson learned, don't make a recipe without putting it through the calculator first!

Meanwhile, I did do like an hour of cardio yesterday so it all worked out in my diary anyway (luckily) but that's not the point! I did a TurboFire video and it kicked my butt - my heart rate averaged 156bpm and I was so out of breath! Then I rode my bike for a while afterwards, nothing too intense as I wanted to bring my heart rate down slowly.

My brother-in-law is still in hospital (well, kind of a group home attached to the hospital) getting treatment for his mental illness. I'm not sure that the treatment is really working yet as he doesn't want to be there - my mum showed me the messages he's been sending her and it doesn't sound good at all. My sister came home yesterday as she needs to get back to work, so I can only imagine he will spiral further without her there. He's only allowed out for a couple of hours a day, and only with a chaperone, so now that she's not there he won't have anyone to take him out. Add to that, he's a smoker and there's no smoking on hospital grounds so I'm sure this is not going to go well. I really feel for my sister, the way he has treated her through all of this. She's so strong to be handling it all, I just hope she's ok being away from him while he deals with his issues.

Today I plan to stick to my meal plan and do some yoga this evening.

Oh, and for some reason, someone disagreed with my weigh-in post :lol:
    pjrcfjx2qhym.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for May:
    7jf08gq9c9bk.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 517 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 165.2
    CW. 165
    (it’s a movement in the right direction😊)

@broncobuddee Congrats on the loss!
    @TwistedSassette sounds like you had a great fun week, I am so sorry your scale is being so contrary! Glad you are feeling better :-).
    @Jypsy1 I can sure identify with you, if I don’t get enough to eat earlier in the day, I have a tendency to go off the rails around dinner time:/. Hoping Monday went much better for you!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 congrats on the loss!
    @askewcr I bet your niece was so excited to see you! I wish we had some of your beautiful weather here, it is raining and windy today.
    @trooworld what a bonus finding a crab salad, you are making me hungry!
    @Cornanda good for you, getting your exercises planned for the week and figuring out when/what you are going to be eating. I love having prepped fruit and veggies in the fridge!
    @Kinalau Welcome! I totally agree with you it helps to join groups to help motivate and support!
    @TeresaW1020 you had a very impressive day today and lots accomplished! I am so with you on the weight loss this year, I am only down 5 lbs :(. I really like your idea of goal weight challenge!
    @TwistedSassette oh those delicious recipes YUM! Good for you getting such a great workout in!! So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, mental health issues are so prevalent now, it is heartbreaking. It sounds like your sister has so much on her plate, mental health can be just as tough on the family as it is on the person😔. My heart goes out to you all. That’s hilarious that somebody disagreed with you weight in post LOL (I hope it wasn’t me😳).
    I had a pretty good day today. My energy still isn’t where it was before, so I am not getting as much accomplished as I plan on. Yesterday and today I made sure to get in my exercises, did my dog training and stayed within all of my limits on my meal plan :-). I’m sure grief has something to do with my energy level, but I also think that my lack of diet and exercise over the last few weeks has something to do with it as well, so I’m hoping with good exercise and nutrition, my energy will follow :-)!

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was great! My niece's face when she saw me was priceless! I told stories outside because of covid awareness and it was HOT! The sweat was pouring so I cut it a little short. I have a student that I tutor virtually and she had one of her best days ever as she was super excited to read for me.
    I plan to keep this body and mind occupied today. I will probably go to to the library a bit today and work on an ongoing project. It's autobiographical and I have to sit quietly to wake up memories and facts about myself.
    Well as I say, it's a brand new day! Let's go get it!!! B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda No, you are definitely not alone! It sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track. That's awesome. Now, go get your healthy life! :)

@Kinalau Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you and I hope you find the support you want, I find this group very motivating and supportive.

@TeresaW1020 I used watercolor on this synthetic paper with a black pen to make a jellyfish image. It turned out okay but I messed it up a little. It was fun though! Sounds like you had productive downtime. I lost track of when the 50-day commitment started so I'm just saying it was April 15th lol. That means that next Friday is the last day of the commitment for me. That was a good idea to switch yours to Goal Weight Challenge. Good luck, you can do it!

@Katmary71 I hope you aren't in too much pain today/tonight. Enjoy the time with your family.

@TwistedSassette Yes! Thank you. I've learned that very lesson so many times, it's a rough one lol! That's great that you did the cardio to sort of even it all out. I'm sorry your BIL is having such a hard time. I'm sure it's very rough on your sister, too. Maybe they hit the disagree button by accident? LOL

@laurelfit57 That was pure luck, finding the salad. I had almost thrown it out since there wasn't much of it left, I'm glad I didn't! :) Congrats on the loss, the sun is poking through on your journey! I think you are right about grief. I hope your energy comes up with all the good efforts you are making.

@askewcr It's awesome when people notice our weight loss.

Hello all. Well, I didn't get into the vending machines at work, I stayed with my snacks, but I did have to buy lunch at the cafe and I got a sandwich and chips. I had planned on getting a salad (I had even brought my own dressing) but that didn't sound good when I got into the cafe. :/ My weight is down this morning anyway, so that's good.

50 Day Commitment:
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @trooworld – So sweet of you to check on me. My update is below for everyone.

The past 2 weeks have gone by so fast. My job has gotten busier and I am back in the office 3 full days per week. Wednesdays and Thursdays are still home office days due to Zoom meetings, so I’m grateful for that. Last week we had revival at my church. I was able to attend all the sessions and it was desperately needed. One day the topic was about addictions…it really spoke to me about my food addiction and BED. I asked to be anointed and am so thankful I did. I am still having some struggles, but I am doing so much better mentally. I feel like being back in the office more is really going to help with keeping food under control. Since I’m vegan, the snack machines only offer me pretzels, which I rarely eat because they hurt my tummy. I have a fairly large corner office, so there’s room for a mini fridge and microwave under one part of my desk that is hidden around a corner from the hallway. I am able to bring healthy lunches and I’ll probably add some veggies and fruits back into the fridge so I have healthy snacks, too. Gosh. I am just feeling SO MUCH BETTER mentally and I hope I can maintain it. I am tired of living with regrets, so I will just look forward to my future thin, healthy self.

I am going to make a point of keeping up with everyone’s posts on a more regular basis. I apologize for not addressing everyone individually, but I have to run to the surgeon for (I believe) my last check up from the shoulder surgery now. I think he’ll clear me to start strengthening it now. I bought 3, 4 and 5 pound weights earlier, so I’m ready!

Love you all!

2021 Motto: WITH PURPOSE
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Yeah, I’ve made that mistake more than once with a recipe that sounded good but was super high in calories. The good news is that you had such a good workout. Although that heart rate sounds really high. Are you sure that is OK for you? I try not to ever let mine get higher than 140 bpm. I am so sorry that your BIL is suffering and that your poor sister has so much on her plate to deal with. I pray things will get better for them very soon. I’m sure she is leaning on you for support because you are such a good sister. <3 Someone probably clicked the wrong button and didn’t mean to disagree with you. I mean what is there to disagree about? :D

@laurelfit57 Down is down and should always be celebrated!! :grin: You should totally set yourself up for a goal weight challenge like I did. Let’s make it happen this year for us both!! :)

@askewcr I’m glad that you had such a good time reading yesterday and that your niece was thrilled to see you. It was hot here in GA yesterday. Our summer is here!! B)

@trooworld Yeah, I forgot what the 50-day commitment was for. :D glad you had fun doing the art. I love jellyfish! It’s my favorite exhibit at the Georgia Aquarium. Good for you for NOT getting into those evil vending machines. Did you track your lunch before or after you ate it? I find that if I pre-track what I plan to eat, I do much better at sticking to it. ;)

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is so great that you are feeling better and that you were able to attend your church’s revival. Being able to bring your own food to work will help you stay on track, so that is awesome. I hope that the surgeon does release you to start exercising your shoulder. <3

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I did a double workout and with yesterday and today, my poor booty is hurting!! :grin: Hubby and I ran some errands and went grocery shopping. It was nice to have him along. Once home I finished up some organizing that I had started and played with my puzzle. This puzzle is so pretty that I am going to glue it and hang it. I will post a pic once I’m done. :)
    Goal Weight Challenge: Keeping my eye on the prize! B)
    Fasting Hours (Goal 19+): 19 hrs. 14 min.
    Track & Eat Keto (carbs under 30 total grams): I did track and my carbs were 27.5 grams
    No snacking between meals No snacks
    No unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21-day Pilates and Barre _60 minutes
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I'm glad the school visit was so great! Your autobiographical project sounds great, almost meditative in a sense.

@trooworld Yay for staying out of the vending machines! I don't think there's anything wrong with a sandwich and chips if it fits in your calorie allowance. We can't eat salads all the time!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am very glad to hear that you're feeling better mentally, and I hope that the FINAL check up with the surgeon went well. I find sometimes that a busy work life lends itself to a better mental state for me, as long as it's not too stressful of course. That regular routine is good, and being busy at work means I am less tempted to snack from boredom, so it's kind of a win-win.

@TeresaW1020 I think the heart rate is ok, for short periods at least. My theoretical maximum rate is 186, so that workout was probably around the upper limit of 85% max. (on average). Thanks for pointing that out though, it's a good thing to keep in mind! Great job on your goals yesterday! I can't wait to see the puzzle when it's completed.
    I'm sure it was an accidental dislike on my weigh-in post, I should have written that yesterday sorry! It is easy to do when scrolling on your phone.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I did eat too many Kit Kats and I know I wasn't even hungry. My coworker and I support different football teams and when our teams played each other a couple of weeks ago, we had a chocolate bar bet. My team won, so she bought me an entire bag of Kit Kats! Which is lovely, but damn having that temptation in my desk drawer is awful. There were 18 in the bag, it's huge!

I did a short walk during the day at work, and a nice yoga session and meditation in the evening. I have a challenge in another app through my health insurance where you collect credits/points that you can redeem for real prizes, I have to get 7,000 steps every day for a week. When I was about to head to bed I only had about 6,000 steps so I popped a show on the TV and walked in place next to my bed for 15 minutes to hit that target!

My goals for today are:
    1. Hit the 7,000 steps again
    2. Eat only one Kit Kat
    3. Work out and meditate in the evening

Update on my BIL, he either checked himself out of hospital or managed to convince the doctors to check him out, I'm not sure which. He reckons that his meds are balanced enough to go home now (it was originally supposed to be a 3-4 week stay, he was there for a little over a week). So he got the bus home yesterday. I must admit I am quite concerned about this, I really don't think that he was there long enough to really embed any coping strategies, and after reading the texts he sent my Mum on Sunday afternoon (where he was very down and talking about leaving my sister etc.), I really don't see how his meds are suddenly balanced 36 hours after then. I am really worried that he will spiral backwards again while sitting at home alone all day while my sister is at work. I'm fairly sure he quit his job already, or if he hasn't then he will (he's only been there for about 6 weeks) so he will have nothing to occupy his time or mind. And now he knows where he will go if he has another suicidal episode, I doubt that he would reach out for help next time. It's very worrying.
    Sorry for dumping this all out here, I just needed to get it off my chest!
    pjrcfjx2qhym.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for May:
    61qecva9udwi.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,130 Member
    Options
    You have a returning member heading your way ... Please welcome back @krea4 :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 you are right, I am going to do a weight challenge starting this week! There is no reason why I can’t reach it in 2021, we shall both do it! I hope you don’t mind I totally stole a couple of your ideas😊
    Today was a good day, I got a good cardio workout in this morning and did some dog training, I have decided that those are my two major goals each day. I picked up some groceries, those salads in my bag, have become my new obsession! I make my own dressing, add in a lean protein and I have a great meal!
    I took my mom out shopping this afternoon, she is 93 and hasn’t been shopping in a year and a half, she does love to shop! I took her to Talbots, which is her favourite store and she cleaned it out LOL 😆.
    I stayed on track with food today, even though I took my mother through drive-through so she could have a blizzard, I resisted :-) :-).
    Goal Weight Challenge: Keeping my eye on the prize!
    Track & Eat Within Macro Ranges
    No snacking after 8
    No unplanned sugar
    No junk snacks
This discussion has been closed.