• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    GabiV125 wrote: »
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW; 129.0
    CW: 130.3
    Had an eventful weekend with lots of driving and eating out, so I’m not surprised the scale rebelled.

I figured out why the extra water and inflammation: I got a bad case of pink eye. To make things worse I have an enormous spreadsheet to finish today for a meeting tomorrow morning- possibly in pirate mode.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I took that walk yesterday and did some other running around. I think I did too much because my feet and ankles are swollen and sore. Water retention is the issue because the scale made me mad this morning. :# I'm going to keep going because I can't stop now. Thanks to this challenge I am on the right path for success. It is a blessing! Let's go get it today friends!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 @leonadixon Hang in there! It's just information/feedback on your week. @GabiV125 sorry about the pink eye. Hugs.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! My scale has also been creeping up and it's p1ss1ng me off. I had a perfect day yesterday and still, up. You had a great plan for yesterday.

@RYcare HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for that. I needed a laugh!

@AustinRuadhain Way to resist, well done!

@askewcr My body swells up too when I walk too far. Let's get it!

Hi all. I hope your day is off to a good start. Maybe you are having a week, like me. Repair your week, it's not too late to make Kintsukuroi out of it like the Japanese: they take broken pottery and add gold to the cracks to make it spectacular. Repair your week, if you can. <3

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

p7qwz22v25zy.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I love that about the day being new and the possibilities being endless!

@AustinRuadhain What the heck is it doing raining like that at the end of May in Texas, is that normal? We had two tiny storms so we're back in a bad drought again. Aw, I miss using Fitrockr!

@trooworld It looks beautiful there!

@TwistedSassette It sounds like you're doing great with exercise. I definitely have to portion things out or I'll eat it all.

@RYCare Wait wait, there's a salon with chickens and ducks? Interesting combination, I'd think they'd poop all over the place so it would be unsanitary! It would be fun to play with them though! I tried to get my aunts to go do goat yoga when we were together a few years ago but no dice! They might go to a salon with ducks though!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @GabiV125 Oh no, I hope you have the drops to get over pink eye, what a "wonderful" thing to have when you're trying to do a big project on the computer, I hope it stops itching long enough that you can finish your spreadsheet!

@askewcr I LOVE your positive attitude, your posts always make me smile because you have such a great view of life. We're lucky to have you as part of the group!

@trooworld Very true way to look at it, I love that!

Hi gang! I'm drinking my coffee waking up then I'm going to read for a bit, work out, and meet my friend for lunch. Hope you all have a great one!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team!! :) I’m back from Florida and trying to get myself back into my routine. The drive down and back went fine, and it was nice to visit with my family for a couple of days. I took my sister to her doctor's appointment and she will have double knee surgery in a few weeks. My mom will stay until she is no longer needed. I stepped on the scale this morning and not surprising my weight is wayyyy up from eating All the carbs, getting hardly any sleep, and a complete lack of fast and water consumption. This morning I’m back to my schedule and already did a workout and drank a ½ gallon of water. I have read all your posts and will start replying to you all tomorrow. Right now, I’m heading out with my hubby to look at maybe getting me a new car. His car is on its last leg and if I get a new one then he can share what I drive now with my mom. My mom is very excited and hoping we will make it happen before she comes back home. :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    @RYcare - Oh my gosh, how do they get them to hold still while they paint them? Soooo cute!

@GabiV125 - feel better quick!

@askewcr - I agree with @Katmary71 - your posts always sound like they have a smile in them.

@TwistedSassette @trooworld - I sure hope your scales start to cooperate, but you know that if they don't, you will move on and get going on next week. Love the Japanese pottery analogy!

@TeresaW1020 - welcome back!
  • askewcr
    Options
    Hubby and I are signed up for this opportunity to dance to raise funds for our local walking thread. We had a photo opportunity today so we got all "gussied up" for the shoot. We were quite sharp if I have to say so myself. :) We then went to Cracker Barrel and ate some breakfast. I came on home, changed clothes, and got on my treadmill. Now that's a miracle right there. I did not overeat but I had not gone for my walk today. Go on God! I'm all showered and ready for bed. What a wonderful day!!! B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I stuck with my pre-planned good-for-me diet today, despite wanting treats.
    🟢 Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked
    🔴10 K steps - making this a day off, as I wore myself out doing yard work
    🟢 NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢 45+ min cardio
    🟢Post to group & Tracker
    🟢BONUS note: 64% of the way towards my weekly FitRockr challenge goal; still on track

@askewcr
    We then went to Cracker Barrel and ate some breakfast. I came on home, changed clothes, and got on my treadmill.
    Awesome! :smile:
    And as @Katmary71 said -- thank you for being here! You are so great at noticing great things that are going on, and celebrating them. :heart:

@TeresaW1020
    Welcome back from your trip!
    Hurray for staying calm in the face of the scale number being up. The dust will settle and you will see that number drop as you switch back to your regular healthy routines! :heart:

@Katmary71
    I hope you had fun with your friend, and that you had a pleasant, healthy day! :heart:
    It has been unbelievably wet with unseasonably comfortable temperatures to go with. Come July and August, we will all be very sentimental about all this rain and temperatures in the 80s! 🍹

@RYcare
    we have backyard chickens. I may show your photo to my son, who takes care of ours. They are such fun! We have never decorated their toenails, though! :lol:

@trooworld
    I am sending all my sympathy as regards the scale number creeping up. Keep tracking, perhaps, and watch for patterns? Maybe you can catch a clue there. Sending a hug. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    I love the kintsugi quotation, and the idea of repairing our week. My related thing is to think of myself as coming from behind in a race, that if I fall behind it just means to work harder to reach the goal. Kintsugi is a much lovelier way to think of it!

@GabiV125
    How did your spreadsheet go, and wait, what is pirate mode when it comes to spreadsheets?? 🏴‍☠️ :heart:
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW: 234.7
    CW: 232.2
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 180.3
    CW: 184.3 :s
    LTD: +2.5
    Month: 80.1

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It was beautiful and peaceful! I hope you had a great lunch.

@TeresaW1020 Welcome back! I'm glad things went well in Florida. That's exciting to get a new car. I can't wait to hear what you got!

@Cornanda Thank you for the support, I hope so too!

@askewcr How fun! It sounds like you are making impactful changes.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you for your support. I love the idea of Kintsugi. It helps my week seem less...ugly! LOL Your analogy is good, too.

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

50 Day Commitment:
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile...
    I’m afraid we had a death in the family (non Covid related) that really knocked me for a loop and I have been in a bit of a fog the last few weeks. I’m not even sure the last time I posted, but can’t seem to find anything.
    Anyway, I am trying to get back to things. I did a work out yesterday, I now have stiff legs and butt and it feels good :-)! I am not sure if I can just start back up here or should I reapply, if somebody could let me know what to do that would be great. TIA
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm sorry to hear your sister needs knee surgeries, let us know when so we can pray for her. She's lucky to have all of you to help with her recovery.

@askewcr How fun, how long do you dance for? I'd love to see a picture of you two!

@AustinRuadhain True, in the middle of summer you always think of how cool it was during winter and how you miss it! How hot do you get there? We usually get in the 100s in July and August, the rest of the time summer is 90-100. What garden zone are you?

@laurelfit57 I'm so sorry to hear of the death in your family. I've been a member for two years and have no clue on that, I'm sorry! I'm glad you were able to get back to working out yesterday, it's amazing what a huge difference it makes. I hope you aren't too sore today!

The visit with my friend was great but she changed her hair color to blonde and gained some weight and had a mask on standing outside the restaurant, she'd never seen me in my glasses and I had my mask on so we were standing next to each other looking around and I said hi to this stranger, she said hi and giggled and I flashed back to be being a teenager and realized it was her and started laughing and gave her a big hug. We talked for 7 hours, I was hurting but it was fun and I didn't want to leave but she was supposed to have date night so I told her I had to go. Not much else is going on, my Dad's coming by this afternoon so I need to go get my prescriptions and work out before he gets here. My elbow is finally starting to recover, I hope I can start doing weights again soon! I think I hurt it in the garden as I had to move all my grow bags to the trellises when the trees were done. I'm listening to a podcast on creating herbal remedies, most of my herbs are culinary but it would be fun to try some things.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Katmary71
    Wow, it sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend. So glad you had such a fine time!
    We are Zone 8. Temperatures in the 90s-100s, with historically only 2-3 rains in the months of July and August. The last couple of years, the summer rains have been on the low end, with unusually long dry stretches.
    On a gardening related note, I think the oh-so-cute snails have made serious inroad on my new hibiscus plant. I am out to put coffee grounds around it, to see if that really helps.

@Laurelfit57
    Welcome back!

@davidji82
    Woohoo! What a great weigh-in!

@TeresaW1020
    Welcome back! You will knock that number back soon!

@trooworld
    Hurray to that workout and to tracking everything yesterday!

Hello, all!
    I am making plans for a healthy day today (food all preplanned, extra exercise also planned) and a healthy weekend (bonus exercise on Saturday; I am out to meet my fitness minutes for the week by end of Saturday instead of Sunday, as a challenge).

Here's to all of us making some healthy choices today and this weekend!

slhdptggjwc9.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@laurelfit57 I am so very sorry for the grief you are going through. <3 You are totally fine to keep posting so no need to reapply. You do need to post your weekly weigh-in.

@Katmary71 Thank you and I will let you know. My sister definitely needs all our prayers! That is so awesome that you had such a wonderful time with your friend. Having someone you can laugh and talk with for 7 hours is awesome! :)

@AustinRuadhain It’s good to be back and while I hated seeing the gain on the scale, I know it will come off. Like you, I just need to plan more healthy days. ;)

Hello Team! Today has been super busy and productive. I went and cleaned the church and then came home and hubby and I went, and test drove some cars. My favorite was a red Honda CRV. It was so easy to drive and had the technology package that I wanted. We weren’t going to move this fast, but every dealership that we went in talked about how low they are were on inventory and that they were having a hard time getting cars in. The red CRV is exactly what I wanted, and our very nice salesman told me that he had another lady interested who coming tomorrow with her husband. So, we pulled the trigger and I’m super happy!! We are going tomorrow to finish up the paperwork and bring my new baby home! :grin:

50 Day Commitment: Day 21
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): No, I didn’t track it all
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week: Cleaned the church today
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 18 hrs. 47 min.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • askewcr
    Options
    Today has been busy for me. I helped my aunt get curriculum ready for her kinder granddaughter. I visited some sick friends who just needed someone to talk to. I visited my mom's only living sister and sat on the porch with her. My mom passed away in 2009 and I miss her so much so sitting there with my aunt was an extension of sitting with my mom. :( Hubby and I went to another graduation dinner and the food was great. Not sure what that scale will say in the morning but I enjoyed myself. That being said, tomorrow is another day so there is wonderful possibilities for me to "Be Great at Being Me"!! Let's go get it! I will share our dance picture when I get them back.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 268
    LTD: 32
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in (day late :# )
    PW: 162.3
    CW: 162.3
    Another plateau - at least it's not going up. Definitely doing enough exercise, just need to tweak the food consumption!
    Have a great week everyone!
  • askewcr
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    SW: 274
    PW: 255.5
    CW: 253.5
    LTD: 12.5

Well, this is not so good this week. I gained a pound. :( I just couldn't resist those graduation dinner/celebration gatherings. Part of me is sad but I must forgive myself. I have to keep my head up and renew my commitment to continue to get myself together. It is possible because as I stated before, there are endless possibilities with each new day. Let's go get it!!
This discussion has been closed.