Mission Slimpossible - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Okay, I'll post a pic of it. :) I always wanted to be able to play the keyboard or piano. I just don't have that kind of ability I think lol. Base would be fun. For a very short time (2 weeks) when I was 21, these girls asked me to be in a band and stuck me with playing base. I had no idea how to play base but I did it to the best of my fooling around. It was fun! You are lucky to be able to have a garden. I just can't with a small walkway outside the condo. I might plant some stuff in containers, we'll see.

@askewcr That was smart to do.

@TeresaW1020 Be safe and I hope it works out!

@TwistedSassette I thought that might be a blue diamond but I didn't want to assume (I work in the industry). I can see why it is special to you, it's lovely! Rose gold with the blue diamond must be really pretty in real life. I will post a pic of my lemons, thanks for your interest! I'm glad you are feeling better. I constantly lose hair, too. That is great that you did well on calories, many people when they get sick, they comfort eat!

@AustinRuadhain Well done!

Hi all. Some of you wanted to see my lemon painting so here it is. It's not the greatest, I am self-taught, and the light was bad when I took this picture, but it was fun!

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

vvldyepk1bdf.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love your lemons, I can smell them! Lemons are so cheerful, it would be great on a kitchen wall. I container garden, it's great because you can move things with the sun and it's easier to control soil conditions.

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with everything!

I went out for the first time to eat since last March for my SIL's birthday, it was fun but it was last-minute and it's hard for me because I usually try to save myself for things like that and I'd already worked out and went to the farm so I was pretty tired and I met them at my brother's, we drove 30 minutes, went out to eat, back to my parent's house for a few hours, then back to my brother's house. I went to bed early, I was exhausted! Today I need to start cleaning the house but want to spend most of the day in bed reading. I have some things to do outside but I need an introvert day.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @trooworld
    Wow, your lemon painting is lovely! I love the glow of the yellow, and I love o0ur different treatment of the edges of the pith inside the fruit and the more definite outer edge of the peel. Wow!

@Katmary71
    Everything you do is container gardening? Very cool!
    I am not doing much in the way of food gardening this summer, but I am planting some herbs and greens. I live in a tough climate for summer gardening. June and July reliably feature lots of sun and little rain (little enough that we are asked not to water yards and wash cars, many years).
    I hope you are enjoying your introvert time today, after such a busy day yesterday!

So far, so good on my day! I am about to go log my on-plan lunch!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love your lemons! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

@Katmary71 I totally hear you on needing an introvert day after a big day like that!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I had an ok day yesterday. I worked a long day (10 hours) which I'll be doing all week to make up enough hours so I can have this Friday off as scheduled. Normally we work an 80-hour fortnight, but work 9 days in the fortnight so it's usually 9 x 9-hour days (essentially we work an extra hour every day which gives us a day off). But because I was off sick last week, I haven't worked those extra hours so I'm making them up this week.

So by the time I got home, I was absolutely wrecked. Then my mum came home from her job (she's staying with us while she works) and said that my brother-in-law was about to be flown out to a larger hospital. He suffers from depression and anxiety, and had a psychiatric appointment yesterday, at which they basically put him on suicide watch. We don't have any mental health facilities in our town, so they called for an air ambulance to take him to a larger hospital - though when he arrived they said they won't have a bed for him for a couple of days, so now he's stuck waiting in a bed in the emergency department, with a security guard by his side - I'm not sure how any of that is meant to be good for his mental health! So after he left my sister came to visit for dinner (she will drive up to be with him tomorrow) and so I didn't get a chance to exercise, and was extremely late to bed. Minor issues in comparison.

Nevertheless, I finished the day under calories because I wasn't hungry for my afternoon snack that I'd planned. For once I listened to my body and didn't just eat regardless. Today I plan to at least do some yoga, I need to get myself back into a routine.
    pjrcfjx2qhym.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for May:
    ahab9cd8pzpp.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day and now I'm tired. We celebrated with my niece and they wore me out. We ate at Cracker Barrel and I had biscuits. They were so good and bad at the same time. I tutored today as well and it was a good session. Tomorrow will be a new day. Blessings!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you! It was fun to do. That's great about container gardening. It was weird eating out after so long, right? At least it was for me. I hope you enjoy your introvert day!

@AustinRuadhain Thanks! I'm glad you are having a good day.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I love to take Fridays off. That stinks about your brother-in-law and them not having a bed for him for a couple of days. That's great that you listened to your body.

Hi all. Well, @Katmary71 is having an introvert day and I guess I'm having an extravert day! My husband and I took the day off and we are going to go to a Japanese Garden and then to lunch at one of our favorite seafood restaurants. It should be good exercise at the garden.

3) No unplanned sugar ✅

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 185.6
    CW: 184.2
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    h7c43pvv2fgo.jpg
    5px45sxaxu6v.png
    3o0jgez7e8zg.png
    kh8yr92mkeoz.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    gcmss2qf67su.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    kglwiomsm4va.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @19shmoo69 3.40%
    2nd @graceojo999 2.45%
    3rd @peachplace 2.17%

PLACE POUNDS LOST
    1st @19shmoo69 9.0 Lbs
    2nd @peachplace 5.5 Lbs
    3rd @graceojo999 5.3 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @rachelrjh
    @melaniedscott
    @kaj848
    @Bluetail6
    @bearchested
    @caitlingfry
    @happimess01
    @littleflutterby
    @Be_theBest_Me

t3n4vvto16oq.png

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @TwistedSassette - your ring is lovely and I'm glad you'll be able to wear it again soon. Hugs to your sister and her husband.

@trooworld --- Love, love, love your lemon painting!

@katmary- how was introvert day?

@AustinRuadhain - It's too bad the freeze ruined so much of your yard. Planting is fun though and I'm sure you'll enjoy the results!

@TeresaW1020 - Congrats on the new clothes and work out plan. Great motivation. Sorry to hear about your sister- hope you got some sort of enjoyment on your surprise road trip.

Not much new here. I'm taking some steps to get back on track and have been doing well the past 1.5 days. :)

• TwistedSassette
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Congrats on being the top loser last week!

@Jactop Woohoo - nice loss!

@trooworld The Japanese garden sounds lovely, I hope you had a great time with hubby.
    Yesterday wasn't too bad of a day. I am very tired this week, I need to get to bed earlier tonight. I managed a 15-minute walk yesterday which is better than nothing, but less than I'd hoped for! Working the extra hour each day at work is having more impact than I'd thought it would - at least today is the last day I need to do that, tomorrow I can work just a normal day and then I have three days off which will be lovely!

I got the snackies yesterday, and ate too much chocolate. Not the end of the world, I only ended up like 40 calories over target for the day and still had a great deficit so I'm not worried about that. It's more the behaviour, I was tired and bored at work so I reached for the Kit Kats - I should have made a cup of tea instead!

Today we have a morning tea for someone's birthday. I plan to NOT overindulge!!
    pjrcfjx2qhym.png
    Goals for May:
    p64edifexh75.png
  • askewcr
    Options
    I'm having a good day today. Eating is better and I got that walk in at the mall again and that left knee didn't bother me as much. I'm not thinking about food like I've been the past few days so that's a plus. Finally completed my family room getting organized with my new bookshelf. Grateful and thankful today!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    I just lost all my responses, prayers for your brother @TwistedSassette !

I laid low today too, life gets busy again tomorrow with the food bank and a trip to the nurse then Thursday I'm meeting a childhood friend I haven't seen in a few years for lunch. I'm still working on getting my house clean for when my buddy comes over Memorial weekend.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    8smbsnwgxu5b.gif

Yay, Slimpossibles! Great job everyone, getting the team on the leaderboard last week! And special congrats to @19shmoo69 @caitlingfry and @Firefly743 for being at the top of the list!

@Katmary71
    Enjoy your housecleaning and that visit with your friend!

@askewcr
    You are always so sunny! Glad you had a good day!

@TwistedSassette
    Your goals are looking pretty good!

@Cornanda
    You are so right about enjoying the chance to reset the flower beds. It is being a treat. A lot of work, but quite the treat!

@Jactop
    Great weigh-in! You just keep it up. It is so impressive. I hope your numbers are staying where you want them, too!

@trooworld
    I hope your trip to the Japanese Garden and then to lunch at one of your favorite seafood restaurants was as lovely as that sounds! How great to have such a special day with your husband!

+ + + +

I stuck with my pre-planned good-for-me diet today, despite wanting treats.
    🟡 Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked - calories ok, but not best choices; back on plan tomorrow!
    🟢10 K steps -- over 12K!
    🟢 NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢 45+ min cardio - yes! outdoor walking with a weighted backpack, platform stepping
    🟢Post to group & Tracker
    🟢BONUS note: 35% of the way towards my weekly FitRockr challenge goal, so I am ahead

It has been raining cats and dogs for days, so I think I am also getting extra exercise cleaning up after dirty feet! No gardening today, though as it was way too wet. I will have extra work dealing with the ways that torrents of water reshaped some tuff in our yard, so extra shoveling tomorrow!
  • askewcr
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to everyone! We have another beautiful day in Georgia! We finished all projects on our rental property and it looks pretty good. Hubby is proud and that makes me proud. I don't know what the rest of the day holds for me but it's brand new so the possibilities are endless! Let's go get it friends!! :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Jactop Woo hoo on the loss!

@19shmoo69 @caitlingfry @Firefly743 Congrats on getting on the leaderboard!!!

@Cornanda Aw, thank you! That's great you are having successful days.

@TwistedSassette It was a great time, very serene and beautiful. I hate working when I'm tired, it makes the days drag.

@askewcr It sounds like a lot of NSVs, congrats!

@Katmary71 I hope your busy day goes well.

@AustinRuadhain It WAS lovely! I really enjoyed every minute of it. Yay for sticking with your plan!

Hi all. I had a very enjoyable day yesterday. The gardens were beautiful and lunch was delicious. Here is a pic from where we sat for lunch and one of the gardens. I didn't make a healthy choice at lunch and we got a couple of cookies from a cookie shop, but I did just eat plain rice for dinner which hopefully will lessen the damage points-wise.

3) No unplanned sugar X

ft066hju2bgx.jpg
    zm0iczxg22zf.jpg

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW; 129.0
    CW: 130.3
    Had an eventful weekend with lots of driving and eating out, so I’m not surprised the scale rebelled.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 4/27:223.1
    Check in weight (5/4/2021): 222.7
    Check in weight (5/11/2021):223.3
    Check in weight (5/18/2021):224.7
    Check in weight (5/25):

.....urgh
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you. I couldn't care less about my brother-in-law, to be honest, he's an awful person. But I feel a lot for my sister having to deal with all this. She's been through a lot and doesn't need this extra stress right now. All I can do is be there for her while she's there for him.

@askewcr I love that you're proud of your hubby's pride! That's so lovely.

@trooworld Beautiful pictures!!

@GabiV125 @leonadixon Sending hugs to you both! My scale is also rebelling this week, despite being under on calories every day. Must be inflammation!
    Yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag! I didn't overindulge too much at the morning tea, but some of the items were much higher calorie than I'd first assumed. I was doing ok overall with a walk in the afternoon, but then after dinner I opened a block of chocolate and forgot about the rule where I should not eat from containers! Half of it gone in one sitting (and if I'm being honest, I only stopped because I had to hide it from the toddler...). I did go and ride my bike afterwards though and finished the day under calorie goal as a result. But my scale is creeping up this week and I just know it's from all the sugary junk I've been having. It seems I can handle a little sugar, but too much and I start retaining water. I gotta get better at resisting it!

Today I am planning to take another walk, and do some strength training in the evening. I don't do enough strength work, so I'm trying to incorporate it more often.
    pjrcfjx2qhym.png
    Goals for May:
    fj8ddzg3dtnl.png
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    What a busy day!

Quick check-in, and I will catch up properly in the morning.

I stuck with my pre-planned good-for-me diet today, despite wanting treats.
    🟢 Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked
    🟢10 K steps -- over 12K!
    🟢 NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢 45+ min cardio
    🟢Post to group & Tracker
    🟢BONUS note: 50% of the way towards my weekly FitRockr challenge goal, so on track
This discussion has been closed.