Mission Slimpossible - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,531 Member
    Hi all, a quick check in from me! I am still at home from work sick. My covid test came back last night (negative, as expected!) and the doctor has me on antibiotics for a chest infection which is making me feel a lot better! I even managed to do some exercise this evening, nothing too intense but I needed to move lol. My eating has been ok this week and I’ve been keeping myself pretty well hydrated. My scale is down quite well so far this week so I hope that trend stays for weigh in tomorrow!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 362 Member
    It's a beautiful day in Georgia this morning! I plan to take that walk at the track field today. I plan to clean house this morning and that gets the body moving. We're still working on decluttering our office and files so that job is ongoing. I'm looking forward to a successful day. I visited a sweet friend yesterday and she gave me cookies and cake to bring home. She's 84 years old and she insisted that I take them. I put them in the freezer. :-)

I'm looking forward to a marvelous day! Let's go get in everyone!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    @trooworld
    It's not a dumb question! Hummingbird bush is a plant that is native to this area (St Edward's Plateau, central Texas), but I am not sure that it lives other places. Attracting hummingbirds and feeding butterflies and wildlife are things that a lot of gardeners around here get excited about. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is not far away, and they have a great website that lets you choose native plants that attract hummingbirds by the light requirement for that part of your yard, etc. Their website is an amazing resource for info on native plants throughout the US.

Thank you for the CURRY-LIME CHICKEN SALAD recipe! I am going to try this on my health-conscious teenager!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 4/27:223.1
    Check in weight (5/4/2021): 222.7
    Check in weight (5/11/2021):223.3
    Check in weight (5/18/2021):
    Check in weight (5/25):

My daughter graduated yesterday! It was such a rough road to this accomplishment, and I am beyond proud of her. Happy Thursday!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @19shmoo69 I had to Google bacon congee. Looks really yummy! What do you think about using cauliflower rice for us who count those pesky carbs? :grin:

@AustinRuadhain That is a lot of yard work! We definitely need a pic of the finished masterpiece. :grin: Shhh don’t tell anyone but I gave up on that burpee challenge. I’m just NOT that young or in shape anymore. :D

@trooworld Thanks for the curry-lime chicken salad recipe. We all like curry so I think this could be a real hit. :)

@TwistedSassette I was thinking about you and glad you checked in with us. You just keep taking it easy and get yourself well. <3 How are your son and husband doing?

@askewcr It is a beautiful day here in Georgia. Although this morning was cold enough that I had to wear a jacket but this afternoon the weather is perfect! Good idea to freeze the cake and cookies. Save them for something special and when you can share them with others. ;)

@leonadixon I am sooo happy that your daughter graduated! I know you are a very proud mama! :)

Hi Team! Today was a busy day. I had my staff meeting this morning and then I stayed and cleaned both buildings so that I don’t have to go in tomorrow. It was a lot and my body is aching but I’m glad that I did it. My eating was good day and I’m hoping for a decent loss tomorrow but will have to see what the scale has to say about it. :)

50 Day Commitment: Day 13
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): Tracked it all and nailed my macros!
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week: Lots and lots of cleaning!
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 18 hrs. 33 min.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @broncobuddee @TeresaW1020 I need to switch my weigh-in day to SATURDAYS, please. Thanks so much!

All set!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 362 Member
    Today was a good day. I went to lunch with hubby and had a salad as compared to a burger and fries which I would have had in the past. I also went to visit with in-laws today. It was great spending time with family. Nothing like family. My eating was ok though I did have fried chicken for dinner. I stayed within my calories and it sure was good.
    Tomorrow is a fresh new day. I plan to make it great. How about you all? :-)
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 269
    LTD: 31
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW: 234.7
    CW: 234.7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 180.8
    CW: 180.3
    LTD: 84.1
    Month: 1.5
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @TwistedSassette I'm sorry you are still sick, I hope you feel better soon! <3 It sounds like you are on the mend.

@askewcr Good move, putting the treats in the freezer! What a great NSV, ordering a salad instead of a burger!

@AustinRuadhain Those plants all look really colorful and pretty. I hope you attract them! That website looks super helpful for you. It was fun to look to see what plants are native to So Cal. Thanks for the link! The chicken salad was really good, at least to us, I hope the teenager likes it!

@leonadixon Congratulations to your daughter, you must be very proud (as you should be!)!

@TeresaW1020 You are welcome. I hope you like it! Congrats on the loss. You are so very close to that 85 lb mark!!!

Hi all. I continue to fight for my week: yesterday I worked out twice, in the morning I rode the bike and at about 3:00 p.m., I took a break from working to do a kickboxing video. If I don't lose this week, at least I know I tried hard.

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

x4rna0hg3ams.png
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Good morning all. I met with my doctor yesterday and we changed up my meds a bit. Here's to hoping that it helps! I should find more energy, etc with this change. Yay! :smiley:
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Friday weigh in
    gwamajtw91
    PW 162.3
    CW 162.3
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    @leonadixon
    What great news about your daughter's graduation, and your getting to be there! That is so great!
    And yay to more energy!

@TeresaW1020
    Great weigh-in! Congratulations!
    Subbing cauliflower rice in bacon congee sounds creative and fun!
    Thanks for sharig about burpees not being your thing either. I have tried a few and just do not love them. I keep feeling like I am going to hurt something!

@broncobuddee
    Thank you, as always, for keeping the numbers straight!

@askewcr
    What a great day you had! Congrats on making that healthy meal switch!

@davors19 and @davidji82 and @gwamajtw91
    Great job holding steady!

@trooworld
    Keep up the fight!
    Your fighting for your week has me inspuired to keep fighting for mine!
    (Well, and I am also listening to a WWII movie as I write this.)

@TwistedSassette
    Zowie! What a great weigh-in!
    And how fabulous that you are about to get your wedding ring back into daily wear. What a victory!

I am having a good day!

🟢Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked (all healthy & under calories - yay!)
    🟢10 K steps
    🟢NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢45+ min cardio + martial arts
    🟢Post to group & Tracker

BONUS: progress on yard work! 🟢
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @trooworld I haven't tried Flavor Gods but I've been tempted, let me know what you think! I can recommend the spices from The Spice House and Penzeys, when I visit my aunt in WA we all go to the Penzey's store which is fun but I've noticed their prices have increased quite a bit so I'm replacing things with Trader Joe's and Costco for the most part. The Spice House will send flat packs which are less to ship so it's a decent deal. Kickboxing is so fun!

@TwistedSassette So glad to hear you're on the mend! Your ring looks like it fits to me, is it well enough to wear and not worry about your hand swelling? After I had to have that ring cut off my finger last year I'm scared to wear rings, that was an expensive ring!

@askewcr I hope you had a beautiful walk today.

@leonadixon Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! I hope the med changes go well.

@TeresaW1020 Hope the weigh in goes well, I'm glad you got everything done today.

@AustinRuadhain I don't know why I can't post pictures in the group from my phone but the closest Take a Plant stand near me was done by a nature teacher and she has a lot of tips on ways to attract hummingbirds and butterflies. My milkweed never germinated darnit!

Hey gang, had a long day, I had told the head of the food bank farm if he needed help watering to feel free to contact me and he did, he asked if I'd be willing to take twice a week and I said sure without thinking, I hope it's something I'll be able to stick with. There's three fields plus seedlings so it's twice a day two times a week to start with. I haven't wanted to commit to anything until I'm doing better but I should be fine with that. I contacted the nurse that's been helping me because I'm flared up from treatment and she wanted me to have more done if I went in for an extra visit than I could afford so I said no and some tense texts went back and forth. I'm basically bad enough to go to the hospital but trying to wait for my next appointment in the hopes it will help as she feels the steroids are making me worse over the long haul. It's frustrating that I can get medications covered to mask symptoms but not actual treatment that will help heal my body. I talked to an old friend for three hours on the phone, we hadn't talked for a few years and she's a friend from the neighborhood I grew up in, we're going to get together after I get my hair colored next week halfway between our houses. She used to babysit my childhood best friend and she's older, she's always been someone I look up to who is like a big sister to me. Another childhood friend is going to visit in a couple weeks so I need to get the house cleaned. The two things (aside of my family) that I've really wanted this last year was to be by a body of water and have a girl's night/weekend so it's finally happening! I'm helping wash and pack boxes for the food bank farm tomorrow so I'd better head to bed, I have some Chinese pressure points to hold and my night tea then I'm off to read for a bit and sleep.

Be the awesome Slimpossible you were born to be, woot woot!
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    User: RYcare
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 232.1
    CW: 230.8

I worked on my water the past week and it is getting better. Planning on a long walk with the girls today, not sure where we are going yet, they want a new trail.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    SW: 248
    PW: 214.6
    CW: 217.2
    LTD: 30.8
  • trooworld
    @TwistedSassette Congrats on the loss! And what a fantastic NSV to be able to wear your wedding rings! What's the blue stone is in your ring? It's a very pretty ring!

@leonadixon I hope the switch in medication helps.

@AustinRuadhain Keep fighting, girlfriend! :D Congrats on your GREAT day!

@Katmary71 I will. I ended up ordering two things from them: Everything Seasoning and Garlic Lover's Seasoning. I've not tried Spice House but will check them out. I love Penzeys, there is a location here that I go to every once in a while. It was fun to do kickboxing! It sounds like the watering gig will be good exercise. I'm sorry you are in pain right now, I hope you can get some help. I'm so excited for you for your girl's night/weekend!

@RYcare Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your long walk. :)

Hi all. I tried really hard to right my ship this week but in the end, it just wasn't enough and I had a bit of a gain. :( I'm going to start off the day on a good foot and go for a walk in a bit then I will go to my WW meeting. My husband and I are having an "art" day today: we just hang out and listen to either music or an audiobook and do artwork. I've been looking forward to it all week.

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
This discussion has been closed.