Mission Slimpossible - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mlhopp93 That is great that you got the gain off and now you can get back into losing mode!

@RYcare Not much of gain considering the two days of tiramisu. Just buckle down and you will get where you want to be.

@askewcr What a fantastic week you had!! You just have to stay consistent and hold to the commitment to yourself to keep doing what works for you and you will keep seeing the scale go down.

@trooworld I hope you and hubby enjoyed the day and the walk around the lake. Does he go with you to the WW meetings? Ugghhh on the oil change! I hope you have a good book to read.

Hi Team! I was happy that the scale was down a little bit this morning even though I had that steak dinner with the beer. Today, I’m doing another high protein day and keeping my calories low. Tomorrow, I’m making individual Keto cheesecakes for Mother’s Day and I’m certainly looking forward to that! I’m teaching the kids tomorrow in children’s church and we are going to make the moms cute little cards that will look very much like this picture. They will love it and hopefully, their moms will too! :grin:rojnc0hy1kgm.jpg

50 Day Commitment: Day 8
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): Tracked it all and only had 11 grams of carbs!
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week (Including the Butt & Burpee Challenge): I did an upper body weight program
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 20 hrs.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Happy Saturday!

I just finished my 10K steps. Yay! I included some platform stepping and a bunch of gardening today, so I am feeling pleasantly sore.
    🟢Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked
    🟢10 K steps
    🟢NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢45+ min cardio + martial arts
    🟢Post to group & Tracker (once this is posted!)

@Firefly743
    Great weigh-in! Congrats! 🥳

@trooworld
    Two hours for an oil change? Did you take a book? Go for a walk? Something fun, I hope!

@askewcr
    Woohoo! What a great weigh-in! You deserve to be proud! 👍🏽

@RYcare
    Tiramisu sounds lovely! Hopefully it is all gone now, so make staying on plan easier this week. Drink all that water and keep up the rest of your great work! 🌊👍🏽

@mlhopp93
    Wow! Huge hurray to your getting close to 100 pounds lost! 🥳
    You sound ready to push harder to meet that goal!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @trooworld Hope you had a great walk!

@TeresaW1020 How fun, have fun with the kids.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms in the group!

Not much new to report, mostly did gardening things and spent some time reading. I finally put the last cat on the leash and he was so terrified I'll never do it again. It took him 6 months to warm up to me and ever since I tried he's staying a few feet away, he hated it!
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. Jypsy1
    Sw.150
    Pw.141.2
    Cw.142.3
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Apr 2021 Sunday
    PW 137.7lbs (62.5kg)
    CW 138.8lbs (63kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gained

Hardly ate chocolate and then yesterday so tired, devoured 3 matches cookies and slept.

GOALS
    1. This week will try and not snack.
    2. Drink tea with cup and saucer

Have a good week ahead 😁!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    Week 2
    P. W. 265
    C. W. 256
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 179.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Firefly743 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 Wow, fantastic.

@TeresaW1020 We did enjoy it. It was really peaceful! He does not go with me, he does digital subscription only/app only. The funny thing about the oil change was that I went and only needed my tires rotated so it took an hour only (still too long!). Apparently, with the new Priuses, you only have to change their oil every 10,000 miles. So, next time it's both tire rotation and oil change. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself without repercussions on the scale. That's a cute project for the kids! I'm sure everyone will love it.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the 10K steps! Well done! Yeah, two hours for an oil change when I go to the dealership. But this time it turned out I only needed a tire rotation, which took an hour. I did take a book. :)

@Katmary71 Thank you, I did, it was nice! That's a bummer about the leash. :(

Hi all. Happy Mother's Day to those that have kids, furbabies, or act as a mother to others. I hope your day is filled with love and happiness.

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,765 Member
    edited May 2021
    Digger61
    Saturday
    PW: 200
    CW: 200
  • TeresaW1020
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

brcou9tm6nu5.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Today has been a great day. We celebrated my mother-in-law and my step mom. My mom passed away in 2012 and I sure do miss her. Lots of food today but I exercised restraint. The worse thing I had was lemonade because of the sugar but I'm still proud of myself. Tomorrow is another day.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Sunday Check-in!
    I just came back from a late night walk, and also did a bunch of yard work yesterday and today. I am sore and so SO looking forward to a bath.
    🟢Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked
    🟢10 K steps
    🟢NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢45+ min cardio + martial arts
    🟢Post to group & Tracker (once this is posted!)

NSV: My brain suggested a number of times that I might want to eat off plan today. I chose no, and then celebrated that decision. I am working to tweak some of my habits, and was reminding myself about the power of celebration to make habits stick.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    Hi all, quick check-in from me. Had a wonderful weekend at the local show, then the local horse races, then of course Mother’s Day on Sunday! Here’s a couple of pics of my toddler enjoying the show (fair):
    jmuc30d5bga7.jpeg
    qi5a73uh69o3.jpeg
    mhydhtazq1de.jpeg
    He played some sideshows and won some prizes, rode on a mini carousel, got a fireman showbag, won a first prize for his entry in the pavilion, and enjoyed his first fireworks show, exclaiming “surprise!” when it started lol.

Unfortunately, on Friday the toddler came down with a cold (I think it had been developing for a while as he’s been out of sorts). On Saturday evening, I got the worst sore throat I think I’ve ever had. Sunday it turned into a full head cold and now (Monday) it’s started going to my chest. It’s a really nasty cold! I’m going for a covid test tomorrow to be sure, but I don’t have a fever so I’m almost certain it will come back negative but better safe than sorry. I will be off work probably for the whole week as I’m not allowed to site with any cold/flu symptoms according to their pandemic plan, and since my laptop died a couple of months ago and I’m still waiting for my new one to arrive, I can’t work from home. Not that I really feel up to working much anyway, but I do feel guilty about it.

Anyway, enough of my pity party. I have been reading all your posts here but just haven’t felt like typing out much. I hope all the mums had a great Mother’s Day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @askewcr Great job.

@AustinRuadhain That's fantastic that you were able to disregard what your brain was telling you! Thanks for the article link.

@TwistedSassette Oh my gosh, he's like a little doll! <3 Thanks for sharing. That's cute that he said "surprise" at the fireworks. I'm sorry you are both sick. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself!

Hi all. I followed my pretracked plan yesterday and didn't end up eating dinner. I hope your day was good.

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    eqclndzugqtp.jpg
    62bcxvg6dp3l.png
    ux2ljqilna80.png
    gkqudxb87lov.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    lkgtbdfeb6e9.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    lh90bwsw6l4s.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @goonies73 2.34 %
    1st @apple852hk 2.34%
    2nd @vegan4lyfe2012 2.30%
    3rd @trooworld 2.28 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @goonies73 5.8 Lbs
    2nd @rwood566 5.6 Lbs
    3rd @trooworld 5.0 Lbs
    3rd @roz0810 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @gillexplores
    @bumpbreakcar
    @kerdil08
    @graceojo999
    @missysave0612
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @SisuMom2019
    @melaniedscott
    @KristieJC

1upyi9o7devo.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Week 2 challenge is up!

This is the MAGIC NUMBER CHALLENGE - a consistency challenge.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10832560/may-week-2-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Hello everyone, spring weather is my favorite of all season and I spend lots of time outside in the garden and walking, which is not bad at all I guess as it is a distraction from my phone.
    @TeresaW1020, @TwistedSassette, @trooworld the ducklings and chicks are adding to the time outside as we set up their space. We had them inside the house for maybe 10 days then we moved them to the garage, at the beginning of last week we started the transitioning period of having them outside in a fenced area for them for a couple of hours then inside, unfortunately the hawks are not leaving our backyard this year and claimed the lives of the four chickens ☹. So, we changed plans this past weekend and build a mini coop for the ducks in the garage. The girls begged and argued that we have a “safe” place now to have more. I know I spoil my girls a lot, but I just can’t say no. We went today at lunch time and got 4 new chicks.
    As for the weight, it is steady again this week. I am doing the IF but I guess I am eating more in my window for eating than I used to when I started 4 weeks ago. I like the number on the scale when I am fasting it shows 200 and twenties LOL
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    I took my niece to get all 4 wisdom teeth out this morning. What an experience. She was so funny coming out of anesthesia. After that I went for a walk and then tutored my student virtually. Now time for some relaxation. This past weekend was nice as we celebrated my step mom and my mother in law. Eating is a little off today but we are going to be fine.
  • TeresaW1020
    edited May 2021
    @TwistedSassette I love when you show pics of your little cutie! :)<3 I’m so sorry that you caught such a nasty cold. Please just take care of yourself and get well soon! <3

@trooworld Good job on staying on track! B)

@RYcare Ohhh your poor chickens! I wouldn’t be able to say no to baby chicks or begging girls! :) Doing IF can take time for your body to adjust and for you to not overeat in your window. You might also find that certain foods aren’t good for your body. I had to do that with carbs even though I was doing 20+ IF hours a day.

@askewcr Ohhh my goodness your poor niece! You should have video-taped her for AFV. Some of those people on anesthesia are the funniest! :grin:

Hi Team! Not much going on today. I did a double workout this morning and did my high protein today. I also went to Aldi and got all the meat and dairy we will need and tomorrow I will run to Walmart for the rest of the groceries. I’ve been collecting a lot of new recipes from the Keto cookbooks that I got from the library, so I’m excited to add some new things to the rotation. I just hope the family likes them. :grin:

50 Day Commitment: Day 10
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): Tracked it all! Calories 943, carbs 12, protein 108, and fat 48.6. Everything was a little higher than it should be except for the protein. That was spot on!
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week: I did back to back cardio programs
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 19 hrs. 12 min.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • caitlingfry
    caitlingfry Posts: 26 Member
    So sorry for my late check in!!!

Username: caitlingfry
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 157.1
    CW: 158.8

Hoping all the Slimpossible moms had a lovely Mother’s Day.

I actually weighed myself yesterday. Things have definitely gotten ahead of me but I’ll get it back under control. Thinking about changing my weigh in day to wed or Thursday due to my regular routine during the weeks and not so regular routine on the weekends. Got my second shot on Friday night and had some early crisis calls to handle so I’ve been exhausted and emotionally eating..

On a brighter note I had my one year review at work today and it went well.

Here’s to hoping I’m safe for a bit and praying we can make it past covid soon!
This discussion has been closed.