Quick Monday check-in!
    🟢Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked
    🟢10 K steps
    🟢NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢45+ min cardio + martial arts
    🟢Post to group & Tracker
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    Good morning all, I pray you all are having a blessed day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    Congrats @apple852hk @vegan4lyfe2012 for getting onto the leaderboard!!! WOO HOO!!!

@RYcare Oh dear about the hawks! It sounds like an indoor mini coop is a good plan. Congrats on the 4 new chicks.

@askewcr Oh your poor niece!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I hope the recipes work out!

@caitlingfry Congrats on a good review at work, I love when that happens!

@19shmoo69 Same to you!

Hi all. My daily weigh-in showed a gain of almost two pounds so I'm going to be extra mindful today and ride the spin bike and attend a WW meeting.

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

2angpata1dtz.jpg
  • trooworld
    @broncobuddee @TeresaW1020 I need to switch my weigh-in day to SATURDAYS, please. Thanks so much!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @RYCare What do you grow? I'm so sorry to hear about your chickens, my brother had one that was killed by a raccoon and my nephew found it and was devastated. I felt really bad because I'd gone over to feed the cat and hadn't checked on the chickens, I wish I'd found it instead. I think I'd be a pushover if I'd had kids, all the cats know who to beg for treats or food and my nephews know I'll do anything for them! I joke that I have a sign over my house that flashes sucker because I get all the abandoned animals! How do you like having ducks? I had a pet duck as a kid but my Mom gave it away because I liked to hold it by the feet over my shoulder and take it everywhere. Of course I don't remember any of that! I think it's so important to have children exposed to animals at a young age for many reasons.

@TeresaW1020 Double workout, you're killin it! Are you still doing Beachbody? It looks like it would be a lot of fun, I like that it's structured. With YouTube it's hit or miss though there are channels with actual programs like Sidney Cummings. We should share some recipes! I have a new cookbook for the Instant Pot but haven't tried anything yet in it.

@Caitlingfry I'm so happy to hear the review went well!
  • Katmary71
    @19shmoo69 You have a blessed day too!

@trooworld You'll get it off, no worries!

I had a new patient appointment with the holistic nurse yesterday and it went really well, she did Chinese medicine with me then treated me with micro current stimulation. I have to get me one of those machines! We discussed renting to own one which would be great instead of paying all at once and I'd have a way to calm my body at home. It basically says my metabolism is barely working which I kind of knew, my organs aren't in good shape and anything having to do with the nervous system is going haywire. There's a huge list of foods that are good for those with liver and intestinal issues so I'll start adding more of those in, I eat mostly whole foods, I just need to get some different things to rotate. I won a free week with a nutritional counselor and I'd talked to her at the open house and teaching day and really liked her so I'm looking forward to it. I'm not familiar with Chinese herbs so I'm not going to start taking any of them on my own. She's a really interesting woman, I feel like a hit the jackpot finally as she's very knowledgeable about CRPS and my other health issues.

My best friend is going to try and come at the end of the month so I'm meeting my dad for lunch halfway between our houses to borrow his blow up mattress so I can find the leak and patch it before she comes. I have the house to clean too and I've only done surface cleaning for this entire last year so I'm stressed thinking about it but will have to do small amounts each day. I think I told you all I rent my house from my parents, my dad insists on spraying the hillside with Round Up because it's a fire hazard in summer and I can't pull the weeds so I can't say no. Well, he managed to get Round Up on my heirloom organic tomatoes, I sent a picture to the grower I bought them from and he said it looked like pesticide damage and when I told him what probably happened I got a huge lecture about Monsanto which I've been on my soap box about for 15 years (they're an evil company). I went to his house and bought replacements and he kept giving me more plants, I think he was happy to talk gardening with someone. I'm just rambling so I'd better go work out and get my day started, have a great one gang!

Let's be the awesome team we are and make the world a better place today!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 I am still doing Beachbody workouts. I love them and the ease of just turning on my TV and having whatever program right there for me to do. Yes, once I organize the recipes and try them out, I will be happy to share. I just keep taking pics of them and plan to print them out once I’m all done going through the books. The perk of my job at the church is that I have a great printer with free ink! :grin: That is awesome that you were able to get relief with the micro current stimulation machine. I sure hope you can get one! Bummer about the tomatoes but yayy that you got some more. My DH sprays Round-Up on our weeds too and I’ve told him he should stop. Men! :s

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yayyy on a good week of weight loss!!! Slow and steady is the best way to go. :)

Hi Team! Not much happening here today. I went to Walmart, deep cleaned my bathroom, and finished a puzzle. I made a super tasty taco salad for dinner tonight and my carbs were up but I don’t really stress over it being veggie carbs. I ordered some egg white powder and found some fat-free mozzarella so tomorrow I’m going to see if I can make a chaffle that will be tasty. I am hyper-focused this week because I have a milestone that I want to reach by Friday. :grin:

50 Day Commitment: Day 11
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): Tracked it all! Calories 867, carbs 32.7, protein 83.6, and fat 45.6. Carbs a little high with the huge taco veggie-filled salad that I indulged in. :grin:
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week: Lower body weight program
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 19 hrs. 44 min.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    edited May 2021
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    SW: 274
    PW: 255.5
    CW: 252.5
    LTD: 13.5

Today was quite busy with 2 meetings and errands to run and things to accomplish. I will get back on track tomorrow with exercise but I did get my water in and stayed within my calories. Hubby and I have been doing some spring cleaning with file cabinets that haven't been purged in 20 years. I've been shredding a lot. It will be great when we get everything organized.

I still didn't join the gym...still skeptical about it. It will come in time.

Blessings Everyone!!
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 Thank you! What an awesome visit to the holistic center! Congrats on winning the week of nutritional counseling, I know you will take full advantage of that. That's too bad about your heirloom tomatoes. That will be fun for your best friend to come. Mine is coming in July to visit.

@vegan4lyfe2012 WTG! Nice loss.

@TeresaW1020 I love taco salads. I make a couple of different types. mmmmm chaffles!

@askewcr Great loss!

Hi all. I did end up riding my spin bike and attending a WW meeting yesterday, it was great. My dinner last night, although delicious, will not help me on my journey. I'm balancing it out today with a -0- WW pt dinner (curry lime chicken salad made with Greek yogurt). I've been doing pretty well with no snacking except for fruits. Tracking everything.

3) No unplanned sugar ✅

• Katmary71
    @vegan4lyfe2012 way to go!

@TeresaW1020 I don't worry about vegetable carbs either unless it's something high carb like potatoes that will affect my blood sugar. How quick do you do puzzles?

@askewcr The decluttering is a pain but once it's done it's so nice! Honestly I think it goes hand-in-hand with improving diet and exercising because it provides a calmer, more organized environment.

@trooworld Your recipe sounds really good, have you always enjoyed cooking? I didn't until more recently, it was fun learning how to eat healthier and make it taste good.

Hi all, today's just working out and gardening then I get my biopsy results this afternoon. I'm not worried about it, just want to get it and the mammogram call-back over with so I can move on.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hi All- I've returned from vacay/family visit. It was a nice, relaxing week, and great to see my fam! Great to hug my fam! We played some board games and completed 5 jigsaw puzzles! A few outings as well, but mostly hanging around our house. Lots of talking and laughing.

My weight was up a bit last week and not sure if I can make it go down with half a week until weigh in, but i'll give it a shot. I did get a walk in every day. I did eat larger meals, but also snacked less. I'm proud of myself for listening to my hunger, trying to keep things reasonable and I don't feel I deprived myself.

I scanned posts today, but there were about 60+ so I'm sure I missed a few things.

Happy Wed!

Lisa
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 129.0
    CW: 129.0
    Had a very busy week and more workload is coming my way until the end of June, so for now I’m happy to keep the scale steady.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @askewcr Nice loss you had this week! I love spring cleaning and purging. Hubby was just saying he was going to go through our files in the next week or so. :)

@trooworld Good job on balancing out the yummy dinner you had with a dinner that fits your plan. I’m gonna need that recipe for curry lime chicken salad. ;)

@Katmary71 It depends on the puzzle and the time I put in. Normally, a 1000-piece puzzle that isn’t too crazy hard can be done in a couple of weeks. One of the reasons I like the ones with more pieces is that it’s more of a challenge. I was looking at my puzzle collection the other day and it’s gotten obnoxious. :grin: Prayers that your biopsy results are exactly what you are expecting.

@Cornanda That is awesome that you had such a good visit with your family! It also sounds like you did really well with your eating and getting in your walks. If the scale doesn’t go back down this week, it will next week. :)

@GabiV125 I think that is great to maintain your weight when life is so busy for you. Just keep doing your best. :)

Hi Team! Don’t you just hate when your eating is perfect and your weight goes up? My scale was up this morning and I think it has to do with the weights I was lifting yesterday and that I had a taco salad. Tomato products and too much cheese will affect my weight. Today, I’m eating super clean with a high protein diet. My body was tired so my workout this morning was a fail, but that is ok. I have a full day of church cleaning tomorrow.

50 Day Commitment: Day 12
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): Tracked it all and nailed my macros!
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week: Half of a cardio program. My body said stop so I listened.
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 19 hrs. 12 min.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    I got that walk in at the mall and it was great. I also had a few snacks today but didn't blow the plan. Renewing commitment and moving on is the plan. Blessings to you all!
  • 19shmoo69
    Slow cooker bacon congee, this has become one of my favorite foods. I'm not sure if the pic came in though.
  • 19shmoo69
    I guess it won't post, sorry.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    fotpjh5406wz.jpg

Hey there!
    I am sleepy but wanted to check in and say hello!
    I have been getting tons of exercise today doing yard work and am... *ahem* bushed. (Terrible joke, But I had to!)

I a little bit wish that I had taken "before" pictures to share with you later, but (A) I forgot and (B) I'd have been embarrassed to share them, if I had. Maybe I'll do "after" photos, though! We really had let the yard get out of shape, and the the Big Freeze in February killed so many things. Anyway, Wednesday is our trash pickup day, and I put out 15 of the 30-gallon brown paper leaf trash bags this morning. And then I filled two more working in the yard today. Phew!

I have gotten to plant a couple of new things. More of that soon. The new additions were Mexican heather and hummingbird bush.

I had a so-so food day. I misbehaved in the morning (pb snack rather than sitting down to lunch), but did well at dinner, so I am declaring myself back on track.
    🟡Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked (okay except for the pb snack)
    🔴NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢10 K steps
    🟢45+ min cardio + martial arts
    🟢Post to group & Tracker

@19shmoo69
    Your cooking sounds great, even if the picture did not cooperate. Next time!

@askewcr
    Renewing commitment and moving on is the plan.
    🏆 Words of wisdom! Thank you! And hurray for getting n that walk and having such a great day!

@ GabiV125
    🎉 Congrats on holding steady! Hang in there with all that work!

@TeresaW1020
    Reading about your weights and workouts reminds me that I still need to try doing burpees. I just made myself a note so I give those a try tomorrow. I feel like I did something close while gardening, getting up and down so much!

@Katmary71
    I hope the biopsy results were fine and that you have gotten to move on from that project.
    Yay to the gardening! 🌱

@Cornanda
    Welcome back! We missed your sunny presence! ☀️
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 Thanks, I have pretty much always enjoyed cooking. I taught myself when I left my parent's house at the age of 18. My mother would never let me in the kitchen to learn. I taught myself by just following recipes and watching shows on TV. It's been a challenge, transferring from regular food to healthier foods. Speaking of cooking, have you ever used any seasonings from Flavor God? I just ordered one of their seasonings because I just had to pay the shipping on it. I'm glad you enjoy it now! I hope your results are good.

@Cornanda I'm glad you had a nice vacation. It sounds like you had a lot of quality time. That's great that you listened to your hunger, that's not easy!

@GabiV125 You are "practicing for maintenance", that's all! That's great that you didn't gain even though you had a busy week. Yahoo!

@TeresaW1020 It was really good. I'll post it below. I hate when that happens with the scale! That's good you know about tomato products and cheese.

@askewcr Sounds like you had a nice balance in your day.

@19shmoo69 Ooh that sounds good. Do you have a recipe you can share?

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on getting all that yard work done! That sounds like a lot. The new additions are beautiful. Does the hummingbird bush attract hummingbirds? That may or may not be a dumb question!

Hi all. Below is the recipe for the curry-lime chicken salad. It was really good. Tonight is slow cooker beef-barley stew. My allergies are acting up, spring is here! And the barometric pressure is about to change so I'm sure I'll get a migraine. :/

3) No unplanned sugar ✅

CURRY-LIME CHICKEN SALAD (I served it over lettuce)- 6 servings, Serving size: 1/2 c
    2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
    1 Fuji apple diced
    1⁄2 cup celery thinly sliced
    1⁄4 cup minced shallot
    1⁄3 cup Plain fat free Greek yogurt
    2 Tbsp Cilantro
    1 tsp Curry powder
    1⁄2 tsp Fresh lime juice
    1⁄2 tsp Lime zest
    3⁄4 tsp Kosher salt
    1 Tbsp chopped scallion

Combine chicken, apple, celery and shallot in a large bowl.

In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, cilantro, curry powder, lime juice, lime zest and salt; pour over chicken salad and toss lightly to coat. Garnish with optional chopped scallions.

This discussion has been closed.