Mission Slimpossible - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Busy day today! Had two National Day of Prayer events today and they were wonderful. Hubby and I stopped at a coffee shop and I got that dog gone cinnamon roll... :-( But it was good! I took a walk after that to walk some of it off. Tomorrow is another day. So thankful for this challenge. I am in a better mood these days and for that I am so grateful! Blessings to you all!
  • askewcr
    For some reason I can't get into MFP to log my food. I've been trying for a while now. What's up? Does anyone know?
  • askewcr
    It works now!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 269
    LTD: 31
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you! I am feeling a bit better today. Yes, that is interesting...just 2 years ago, we'd be like, "What did she say?" lol! Have a great day!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, I think it is either the beginnings of a cold or allergies (although I took allergy medication). Yes, I will attend both virtual and in-person WW meetings when I can. How long are you going to do the new eating plan for? I hope the scale is nice to you!

@TwistedSassette Congrats on the loss! Yeah, I figure, I hate walking by myself (I find it boring) so why not reward myself with something I enjoy, like a WW meeting? :) Thanks, I am feeling a bit better today. That's fantastic that you had such a good day yesterday and lost at the scale! It does indeed prove that balance works! I hope the toddler feels better soon. <3

@askewcr Life/cinnamon rolls will happen...as you say, it's a new day and life is about balance. I'm glad you are finding this board helpful and that MFP is working for you again.

@davidj82 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I've had such a good week. Again, yesterday, I exercised and rewarded myself with a WW meeting. This time, I rode the dreaded spin bike! :D I was mindful of my eating this week, I only snacked on fruit, and it worked. With today's 5 lb loss, I'm only 15.6 lbs away from Onederland and I can feel that I am going to make it this time. I've officially lost 33.4 lbs to date. Thanks for all of your support! <3

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

dc7i8juz3a0z.png
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Sorry my intro is so tardy…better late than never, right? Welcome to the new members and Haaayyyy to my old buddies! My name is Jennifer and I am a single mom of 3 adult children – son, Marcus, is 25 and in the Navy (currently on a Double Pump Deployment), oldest daughter, Sydney, is 24 and lives with her husband, Nick, about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter, Hunter, is 21 and is still at home with me (college). I work in Community Development for my county in Southwest Michigan (been there over 16 years now) and working 4 ½ days per week remotely, I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies (currently watching all the Saw movies in preparation of Spiral coming out) and books. I've been vegan for over 9 years, but fell into the usual junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and need to lose about 45 pounds. I had lost 60 pounds several years ago, but, like most people, most of it reattached itself to me like a sea lamprey. I started on WW (green plan) just over a month ago. I fell off the wagon in the middle of it for about 10, but I’m back on it again with a solid grip. I’m down 6.4 pounds since I started WW. Not as much as I’d like, but I recognize that’s my fault.

Update: I have had such a spastic, busy week. I kept wanting to get on here and chat with you all, but time really gets past me. I am feeling so much better (mentally) now than I was a couple weeks ago. I’ve been focused on healthy food choices, been off soda for 2 weeks now, and getting outside in the sunshine for some brisk walks. It has all done wonders for my mental health. My mother told me about a week ago that she wants to go back to WFPB (whole foods plant based) vegan. She has about 75 pounds to lose. She said this in front of Hunter, so now Hunter said she wants to get rid of vegan junk foods, too. It makes it so much easier when everyone is on board with the same eating plan.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and celebrate all the women in your lives on Sunday, whether they are human moms, fur-baby moms, aunts, sisters, cousins… ALL of them! We will be headed to the theater after church for some popcorn and a fun movie :smile:

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @TwistedSassette I didn’t think I could drink coffee with butter either but it is truly delicious. I use a frother and blend it up until it’s all foamy and it’s just so very tasty! :grin: Yayyy to using balance to enjoy yourself and still see the scale go down. That is exactly the mentality that will get you to where you want to be. B)

@askewcr I say if you are going to splurge on a cinnamon roll it better be good! :grin: Good job getting a walk in to burn off some of the calories. :)

@davidji82 Nice loss this week!! :)

@trooworld Woot!! What a great loss you had this week! You just keep your eye on ONEderland and you will get there! How many cinder blocks do you need to lose to get to your goal and what will you build with them? :D

@gwamajtw91 That is a great weigh-in this week. What sort of eating plan does Erin Oprea have you on? What will you do when the six weeks are up? I bet you anything that your shape has changed even if the scale hasn’t moved as much. Building lean muscle really should be our ultimate goal and then the weight loss will follow. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 I agree that it really helps to have the people around you on the same health journey. I hope your mom and daughter can help motivate you as you motivate them. Going to the movies sounds like a fun idea! :)

Hi Team! Well, I was super happy to lose a pound this week and I plan to stay focused and get into the 170s by next Friday! :grin: I did have a bit of a splurge today when my hubby took us all out for steak dinners for Mother’s Day. We didn’t want to have to deal with the crowds this weekend, so we went today. I made some good choices and had the mushrooms over the sweet potato, but I did have a beer. Tomorrow I plan to do another day of the high protein, low calorie and see if things balance out. :)

50 Day Commitment: Day 7
    1) Track Food and hit my macros (carbs under 30 grams total): Tracked it all and had 47 carbs due to that yummy beer that I had with my steak dinner. :grin:
    2) No snacking and no unplanned sugar indulgences: No sugar or snacks
    3) Workout 6 days a week (Including the Butt & Burpee Challenge): lots of church cleaning
    4) Fasting Hours (Goal is to 19+): 19 hrs. 36 min.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • askewcr
    Today has been a good day! I am working on a project and was able to get a good vision for where it's going. Hubby and i went to Sam's and that was a good walk. We also went to Olive Garden and I didn't eat as many breadsticks as I normally wood. (Victory) I didn't go too crazy with my meal. Got a nice walk in too. Blessings to you all!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @GabiV125 You made me laugh about acupuncture, i tend to think like you too. I waa telling the woman who work at this clinic how I'd graduated with an emphasis is research psych and wss applying to grad schools in health psychology when i was injured and was sure some of the things i was first trying couldn't work unless i was gullible enough to fall for them. The one thing i experienced that shocked me the most was an energy healer said i had a cyst on my ovary she was breaking up, i came home and was spotting and shouldn't have been. I had some relief with foot reflexology too.

@trooworld I love that quote!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 So glad to hear you're doing better!

@askewcr Sam's Club and Costco are serious workouts! I'm not going alone after 10 AM, i think because of Mother's Day it was extra bad.

Sorry for not replying to everyone and thank you for all the encouragement! I've had a lot of people question why i still work out but i know from my own and other's experiences i wouldn't be walking now otherwise. Went to Costco to pick up my new glasses and get a few things, i went alone and between the crowds and being in pain plus i strained my elbow i got really anxious and had to use a lot of relaxation techniques. When i was younger before my first surgery my legs would give out without warning so i started getting anxious in public because i couldn't trust my body. SO, I've had to work through it and I'm a lot better than i used to be. I go back to the clinic Monday, i won a discount in tbe drawing which is cool!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Quick check-in, as I need to head to bed. I just finished my 10K steps, so I can check that off for my 50 day challenge.
    🟢Food on plan (Dr F) & tracked
    🟢10 K steps
    🟢NO unplanned dried fruit/nuts
    🟢45+ min cardio + martial arts
    🟢Post to group & Tracker

Yawn! I am glancing at all the fun updates, and have to wait on completely catching up until tomorrow.
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (5/1/2021): 263.6
    5/8/2021: 259.2 (-4.4)
    5/15/2021:
    5/22/2021:
    5/29/2021:

Lost the weight this week I gained the week before. Now to focus this week on continuing to lose instead of the yo-yo effect and the plateau I've been stuck at for a couple of months in the 260 range. Need to push a little bit further to get to 100 pounds lost since my heaviest last Sept 1st. Cold in Indiana for Mother's day weekend but we'll be having fun nonetheless. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    User: RYcare
    Weigh day: Saturday

SW: 255
    PW: 231.8
    CW: 232.1

No loss this week which is expected as I had tiramisu for 2 days in a row after dinner 🙈
    I am also not getting enough water which is something I have to work on again. I really hope I get under 230 soon.

Have a great weekend everyone
  • askewcr
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    SW: 274
    PW: 255.5
    CW: 252.5
    LTD: 13.5

3 Pounds!!! I did it!!! Yes!!! I am so proud because I'm finally on the right track!!! Lord please help me keep it up!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @TeresaW1020 @gwamajtw91 @mlhopp93 @askewcr Congrats on the loss! :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you are feeling better. That's great your mom is on board and so is Hunter. It DOES make it easier!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you so much! I have about 2 more cinder blocks to go, more or less, and I'm going to build a wall against the fat coming back lol! I'm glad you enjoyed the splurge.

@askewcr @AustinRuadhain Yay for another good day!!!

@RYcare Water is so important, I'm working on it, too.

Hi all, and Happy Saturday!!! I'm getting ready to go to walk at the same lake as last week. This time, it's my husband that is accompanying me. After that, I am going to a WW meeting for some inspiration. Then later, I will get an oil change which takes 2 hours at the dealership. :/ Have a great day!

50 Day Commitment: Day Two
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
This discussion has been closed.