Mission Slimpossible - June 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
jj26xy1ngcvv.png

Here is your Team chat room for June 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, and @Katmary71, and @trooworld.

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    PLEASE record your weigh-ins using the following format so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week.

Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Some of us like to include our monthly and/or overall weight loss too. If you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions, please tag @broncobuddee in your post so he can find you easily.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I work at my church as the ministry assistant and janitress. I also volunteer as a teacher in our children's ministry.

I’ve been chasing a healthy goal weight since I was 11 years old, and this year has me closer than I’ve ever been. I’ve lost over 80 lbs. since 2017 by doing different things like Weight Watchers, calorie counting, intermittent fasting, low carb/keto, and in June, I will begin a new adventure by doing Data Driven Fasting. You will hear a lot about that over this next month when I make my own daily personal post. ;)

I also enjoy working out and do Beachbody on Demand programs and I walk on my treadmill. For fun, I love to do jigsaw puzzles while listening to different podcasts that mostly focus on health and wellness within the low carb/IF community.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    EEEK! I happened to have *just* joined, and I guess I am the first one to check in on the new page. So, I hope I am doing this right.

Name xjr22
    Highest weight: 172
    Goal: 132
    Weigh in Day: Thurs
    Current weight: 153

Intro: I am 52 years old. I turn 53 on May 31st, which is what made me decide this is a good time to start a new year and a new program. I am a community psychiatrist, working mostly with severe mental illness, homeless mentally ill, and drug addiction. I am also an avid horseback rider. Horses are my passion. I ride mostly dressage, and am in training to become a horseshow judge.

Last year, I did a major health over-haul, prompted by feeling at rock-bottom in many ways, and then finding out I had high cholesterol. In 4 months, with tracking (on another platform), and some help from a naturopath, I was pretty much at goal, and my #'s looked great. I stuck to my program for another 4 months. Now, I have been back-sliding for 6 months. I've gained back half of what I lost, my cholesterol is almost back to what it was, and I am pretty depressed again.

A big part of getting healthier is going to have to do with goals around my schedule, not just eating and exercise. When I am depressed, I get very in-efficient at work (slow, wasting time on the internet, procrastinating, etc). That leads to spending too much time at work, and feeling like I can't exercise or have fun because I need to get paperwork done. Also, getting to sleep on time is a big one. That enables me to exercise in the morning, have time for breakfast, and energy for cooking, exercising, etc. I just set up my habit tracker. I think that is really going to help.

I haven't quite decided whether I am going to track all my food again. I learned a lot by doing it last time, and it helped me to stay on-plan. However, I feel like I now know what and how I need to eat. If I stick to clean vegan eating, and eat in a way that gives me enough protein, then I think I will make good progress. Not sure whether tracking is necessary to do that. I would like to be at a place where I can eat what I know is good for me, not so much by the numbers.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,878 Member
    @xrj22 I noticed you posted your June goals(June Habit Tracker) on team Downsizers .... on the bottom of the page you will see tabs ..you need to click on Mission Slimpossible and post your goals there ....Thanks :)
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    @xrj22 I noticed you posted your June goals(June Habit Tracker) on team Downsizers ....

OK, got it.

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    @broncobuddee I think I forgot to post my weight this week.

Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 184.6
    Current Weight: 183.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,878 Member
    You have a new member heading your way .. Please welcome @TheGlwUp :)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Jactop wrote: »
    @broncobuddee I think I forgot to post my weight this week.

Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 184.6
    Current Weight: 183.8

Got it! Thanks!

• Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Hi all! June is my first month ever in F2F. My name is Mary. I'm 42, married with 3 kids. I started this journey in January at 277... Just trying to get to a healthier me. I usually only stick with it a few weeks before giving up, but I stuck with it this time and have made good progress. I joined the F2F challenge to keep myself motivated. I'm generally really good about staying under my calorie goal. I weigh and log all my food... I lack motivation for most cardio (I started walking 1/2 mile a day in January and can now do 6 miles easily - when I WANT to lol). I love to lift! My husband got into powerlifting a few years ago and when I asked if I could start lifting, he got me started. SO... While cardio isn't my go to, lifting is, and I'll spend 45 minutes to an hour lifting 5 days a week. I've lost my first 50lbs and have 67 more to lose... Hopefully by the end of the year. Thanks for having me, looking forward to seeing you all reach your goals for the month!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    19shmoo69
    Weigh in Sunday
    P. W. 261
    C. W. 264
    (I posted this also in the May thread. I'm not sure in which it applies.)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Good morning, my name is Darren. My whole life I was the heavy set kid, teen, adult and person. Around seven years ago a friend called me out on my size and obvious weight problem. My supposed starting weight is 312. That is because I weighed at a doctor's office and after seeing 312 I told myself I would never step on a scale again. Fast forward a bit, it's a struggle. I wish it wasn't but it is. I'm an odd introvert. It's really difficult for me to make and keep friends but I want friends around. My "fitness/weight loss/health journey" is truly a struggle. For the most part it's just me, alone. One would think being an introvert that would be ideal but it's not. Granted my family roots for me and helps with some meal preps. During the downward spirals is when I need the voices to say get in the gym or go run a few miles and definitely to yell PUT DOWN THE NACHOS!
    A couple years ago I was down to 229 and my goals are 210 then 200. I know it doable but at the moment I do not know how. I will keep doing though. Sorry for the depressed ending.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 474 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 165.
    CW. 160.8

Welcome to the @xrj22, @Lulu_jo and @19shmoo69 !

This is going to be a busy day of visiting and food, so I thought I would check in right away. I think I have this all pre tracked , so I should be good to go!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Goal Weight Challenge: Keep my eye on the prize!

Track & Eat Within Macro Ranges
    No snacking after 8
    No unplanned sugar
    No junk snacks
    Exercise 5 x weekly
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @askewcr @Firefly743 @mlhopp93 @RYcare @Jactop Congrats on the losses!

@mlhopp93 Those are fantastic goals and congrats on getting below 200!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Yes, that's exactly right. It's good to shake things up every once in a while anyway, right? That must be fun to have the grandkids spend the night. I always loved spending the night at my grandparent's house. Enjoy the time with your family that also sounds fun!

@xrj22 Welcome! We are the same age, I'll be 53 in the fall! Horse riding sounds like great stress relief and exercise. I'm sorry for the back-sliding, hopefully being a member of this team motivates you to get back to where you want to be. I also suffer from depression (and I also suffer from anxiety) so I get what you are saying about it.

@Lulu_jo Welcome and hi! Congrats on your progress so far! Lifting is great for all sorts of reasons. And it's pretty fun!

@19shmoo69 I need voices like that sometimes, too. :)

Hello all! I am one of your motivators and I hope to help be part of what you need on this journey. I'm 52, I live with my husband and spoiled pug in Southern California. I've been on WW off and on for about 10 years, this most recent time I've stuck to it for over a year now. I've lost about 30 lbs and want to lose another ~51 lbs. I mostly concentrate on the way I am eating but I do exercise here and there. My favorite forms of exercise are walking, hiking, and doing Leslie Sansone Walk At Home videos. I love to cook (and that's part of the problem, between my husband and me, we can cook ANYTHING and that gets us into trouble!), so if you need a recipe or meal idea, let me know...I've got over 5,500 recipes saved! I also love to read, do artwork, do photography, and camp.

SUNDAY CHECK-IN: Yesterday went so-so. The good news is that I didn't have seconds at my brother-in-law's apartment and I didn't bring home any leftovers, but I did have the ribs which I was trying to avoid. I'm over it though, today is a new day and I'm going to work towards my goals. I'm going to go shooting photos downtown with a friend so I should get in lots of steps. Tonight's dinner is fairly healthy, Thai Basil Chicken. It should be a good day.

50 Day Commitment:
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    0teq1vbvgdco.png
    This week's challenge is up! Give something up for the week and feel amazing.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834212/june-week-1-challenge-zero-for-a-week#latest

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 5 - Apr 2021 Sunday
    PW 138.8lbs (63kg)
    CW 139.9lb (63.5kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Hi, sorry I missed my updates. I couldn't share it on the May thread.

Looking forward to June 2021.
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossible!

June will be my first month with F2F, and I am looking forward to participating.
    I need all the accountability I can get because I have been gaining weight even
    though I have been exercising more consistently. I recently starting using
    My Fitness Pal and quickly realized that my weight gain was caused by
    eating too many calories. I was eating my exercise calories back and then some!
    I am going to start meal planning for the week to help me stay within my calorie budget.

I have been struggling to get under 200 lbs for more than 20 years.
    I want 2021 to finally be the year that I accomplish that goal.
    My weigh in day will be Friday, and last Friday my weight was 227.
    My lowest weight this year was 205.5 in February. I became depressed
    thinking about how I was so close, but sabotaged my efforts and
    gained more weight. I am now more determined than ever
    to get back on track and accomplish my health goals.

I am also currently training for a 10k race, and completing
    the training workouts has encouraged me to stay focused
    on accomplishing my goals. I realize I can achieve more
    with my fitness goals when I participate in supportive groups,
    so I really appreciate the opportunity to participate in this
    challenge with all of you. I look forward to giving and receiving
    support as we all accomplish our goals!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @xrj22 Welcome to the team! Wow, you have a very intense and important job. Am I right to think that horseback riding is a great stress relief for you? I am sorry that you have had a struggle with backsliding. It happens to most of us from time to time and that is why we are here and chasing after that one perfect solution that will work for us in the long haul. I’m with you on not being into tracking. I also know what I need to eat and find that when I’m doing great the tracking looks great and when I’m slipping, I quit tracking so in the long run what’s the point. I do know it can work wonders for many people. :)

@Jactop Woot on your loss this week!! B)

@Lulu_jo Welcome to the team, June! Congrats on losing 50 lbs! With your determination, you will get the rest of your excess weight off for sure! I also love lifting weights more than doing cardio. :)

@19shmoo69, Darren you just need to keep moving forward. It’s not about motivation but about making a commitment to yourself and to your health. I believe in you and know that you have the kind of determination to make it happen. NOW put down those nachos and go run a mile. :grin:

@laurelfit57 Wow, what a great loss this week!! You go, girl! B)

@trooworld I wouldn’t have been able to resist those ribs either! And yes, today is a new day! Do you have a plan for the week ahead? What’s on the menu? :)

@apple852hk I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? <3

@TheGlwUp Welcome to the team!! I am so glad that you are here with us. :) Many people think it’s ok to eat back their exercise calories and the truth is unless you are working out like an athlete you really shouldn’t try. Meal planning is a great idea and a great way to keep you mindful of what you are eating. It took me over 30 years to finally get under 200 lbs. It is doable if you put in the work to make it happen. You will find a lot of support on this team as well as one of my favorite mottos, “Never Give Up!!”

Hi Team! Today was another beautiful day so I spent time on my back porch reading and I also finally finished my latest jigsaw puzzle. (*See below) This one is going to get glued and framed. I love it that much!! <3 I’ve been playing around with using the glucometer that my niece had given me for the last two days and testing my waking blood sugar before I eat, and an hour after I eat. Of course, I don’t really know if I’m in a good range or not but I do know that when I eat my blood sugar is at its lowest and that is a good thing. ;) I watched some really good videos from people who have done this program and have had great success. So, my fingers and toes are crossed!! :)

Goal Weight Challenge: Keeping my eye on the prize! B)
    Fasting Hours (Goal 18+): 20 hours
    Follow the Data Driven Fasting challenge fully Did more reading and video watching. Getting used to stabbing my finger with a needle.
    No snacking between meals No snacking today
    No refined sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21 Day Fix upper body
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

79qqnxvydz3o.jpg
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 362 Member
    I'm loving this group! In God's own timing He gives you what you need so now is the time for me. I am definitely more accountable now since joining last month. I renew my commitment daily and that's such a wonderful feeling. Thank you all for sharing and responding. Now, tomorrow's a new day! Let's go get it!!!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 362 Member
    I switched up my walking today. I got back on my treadmill and it wasn't as tough this time. Yay me!! :)
This discussion has been closed.