Digger61
    Sat June 5
    Week 1
    PW 200
    CW 200
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited June 2021
    @laurelfit57 One of my good friends has a Goldendoodle that had no training and it shows big time. The most unruly but loveable dog I’ve ever seen. :D Staying the same is good! It means your body is holding steady and next week you can concentrate on losing. Yes, keep your eye firmly on the prize. ;)

@katmary71 The Data Driven Fasting challenge is my newest venture in weight loss and chasing after that magical land called Goal Weight. :grin: The basic premise of DDF is that I get my own personal baseline glucose reading and then the goal is to continue to lower that number while losing weight. I check my BG before a meal and I’m not to eat until it’s below my baseline number. I check it an hour later to see how that meal worked for me. The goal after a meal is to not raise BG higher than 30 mg. If it is higher that is a good indicator that whatever that meal was, it probably wasn't good for my body. Like last night's burger, fries, beer, and icecream! :D The plan stresses nutrient-dense foods with a big focus on protein and low-carb veggies. Here is a link to DDF main website if your inner geek is interested. ;)https://optimisingnutrition.com/data-driven-fasting/#htoc-download-the-data-driven-fasting-manual

@Lulu_jo That is so incredible that your husband is so supportive of you. Mine is of me too and I am always so thankful. Although my husband certainly isn’t as strong as yours! Wow, 600 lb. deadlift is mind-blowing! The app for the Data Driven Fasting is a web-based app and only attached to the program. I paid $37 for this month’s challenge which included the app. If I love it by the end of the month, I will buy the whole program for $97. See my post to katmary71 for the link if you are interested in DDF.

@19shmoo69 I’m not saying calories don’t matter. They of course do, but it’s a complicated subject that I’ve spent a good amount of time researching. Dr. Jason Fung in his Obesity Code really opened my eyes to calorie counting and why it might not be the best approach for everyone. And there are others in the Keto world, like Maria and Craig Emmerich that have changed my mind about protein and just how much fat I really need in order to lose the fat on my body. It’s all a huge learning curve and science is always evolving. Don’t you love it! :grin:

@Cornanda Ohhhh yayyy! I was hoping you would accept the challenge. I love a well thrown gauntlet! :D<3

@apple852hk I’m sorry that life has been challenging for you and you might not be pleased that you ate two packets of cake, but it could have been more. Right? I hope things even out for you soon and fingers are crossed that you will have a good weigh-in! <3

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I gave the dog a bath and then she proceeded to go outside and dig, so she ended up with face and paws being scrubbed again and grounded from her precious backyard. :s I made salmon with a lemon butter dill sauce, asparagus, and sweet potato for dinner tonight. One of my favorite meals! I’m hoping that when I take my BG in an hour that it will show me that sweet potatoes are my friend, and I can eat them occasionally.

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Day One! Morning BG was 93. A little high for me but considering what I ate last night for dinner, I wasn’t surprised.
    No snacking between meals No snacking today
    No refined sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 day 9 and Day 5 of June Tone Up
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,957 Member
    @19shmoo69 I'm not drinking oil either! I tried oil pulling where you swish oil in your mouth to get gunk off your teeth but it was disgusting.

@apple852hk It's great to see you, I hope tomorrow is a good weigh in for you too. I'm sorry things have been rough the last few weeks.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,957 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I just joined the Facebook group, I'm interested to hear how people are doing with it. Definitely keep us updated! I remember you mentioned getting the continuous blood glucose monitor at one point, did you get it? That would make it a lot easier or you'll need a ton of test strips! It makes sense to wait until it's lower. I hope it works out well for you.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 391 Member
    Just thankful! Celebrated nieces birthday and ate out again. Great day!!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Jun 2021 Sunday
    PW 139.9lb (63.5kg)
    CW 137lbs (62.1kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Lost - better start to the month of June. I really do notice, if I don't eat chocolate, I do lose weight than gaining. Not much, but the scales are not increasing. Such a simple idea but to see often, I hope it will stop me buying chocolate.

The weather has been warmer, so I don't feel like eating as much. It's strange, that my ritual breakfast of hot cross bun, yogurt with berries and a cappuccino seems like too much effort to eat. I'd replaced it with just marmalade on a piece of toast. But my appetite has improved and back to hot cross bun ritual (as I don't want to throw away the packet).

Wishing everyone a good week ahead.
    Smiles☺️
  • TeresaW1020
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 I just joined the Facebook group, I'm interested to hear how people are doing with it. Definitely keep us updated! I remember you mentioned getting the continuous blood glucose monitor at one point, did you get it? That would make it a lot easier or you'll need a ton of test strips! It makes sense to wait until it's lower. I hope it works out well for you.

That's great that you joined the DDF FB group! Make sure to look under the "guides" tab where there is a ton of great info. I didn't get a CGM. It is very expensive to buy if you don't have diabetes and a doctor that will order one for you. Plus, Marty Kendall doesn't recommend CGMs because he says people can become obsessed over the numbers and blood sugar is going to bounce a lot depending on food, activity, sleep, stress, etc. So, it's just a simple monitor and a whole lot of test strips. My mom had a lot of needles so I'm using those, which is saving me a little money. Once this month is over and I decide to stay with the program then I will be testing a whole lot less. Mostly before a meal to validate hunger. It's fun and exciting!! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,492 Member
    @laurelfit57 What kind of dog is she? I'm guessing she's some sort of herding dog? Staying the same is definitely better than a gain! Have fun camping, I love to camp.

@Katmary71 I haven't read in a while, I need to! I've been busy doing creative things. I hope you gain some energy so you can do the things you want to do.

@TeresaW1020 Maggie Moo! That's hilarious. Your dinner last night sounds delicious.

@apple852hk Congrats on the loss! When it's warmer weather, I eat less too. And different things, more salads, and lighter things. Have a good week, too! :)

Hello all. I had a busy day yesterday so I didn't end up getting back here. I went shooting photos down by the water with a friend. It was great fun and I got a lot of steps in, almost 11,000. Today I have to get groceries and get ready for my work week. Have a good day everyone!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 391 Member
    Spoiler Alert! Brand new day and brand new week! My goal is to be very mindful of my eating this week. Keep my eyes on the prize of better health and weight. Let's go get it!! :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    ajq44sv2dj6b.png
    6lcwm5rinqw4.png
    v1d2r22xfwve.png
    kld8bp86n7he.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    j0auzmurpvc7.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    f1baj5o9as9c.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @CharmingPassion 2.84 %
    2nd @Kinalau 2.74%
    3rd @laurelfit57 2.55 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @CharmingPassion 8.4 Lbs
    2nd @BRGking 7.8 Lbs
    3rd @firefly743 4.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @IDebraK
    @Pearl4686
    @kandi3570
    @junedave3
    @Lulu_jo
    @lennoncpa
    @Platinum1013
    @Waifer003
    @leni1us

rb5ycqyqrfoj.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    JUNE WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- MAGIC NUMBERS
    tekdl7zrzy97.png

See below the the link to week 2 challenge. Take a look and track your numbers!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834759/june-week-2-challenge-magic-numbers#latest
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69 I'm not drinking oil either! I tried oil pulling where you swish oil in your mouth to get gunk off your teeth but it was disgusting.

@apple852hk It's great to see you, I hope tomorrow is a good weigh in for you too. I'm sorry things have been rough the last few weeks.

I've tried oil pulling also. I can do it but it takes too long. I just use fluoride free toothpaste now.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,070 Member
    Congrats to the Slims I see on the leaderboard this week. Great work!
  • TeresaW1020
    edited June 2021
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    sdp2wdx8eprz.png
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,214 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 197.6
    CW: 196.8
  • TeresaW1020
    @apple852hk Good loss this week!! Great way to start out the month! I find that I like to eat lighter in warmer weather too. :)

@trooworld Are your feet very tired from all the walking you have been doing? I’m thinking about the plantar fasciitis that you have suffered with. :/

@askewcr Being mindful and keeping your eye on the prize are great ways to start the week!

@19shmoo69 and @vegan4lyfe2012 Nice losses this week! Keep it up! B)

Hi Team! Today has been another good day. Church was awesome this morning and afterward hubby and I went and bought some new flowers for the containers on the back porch. It was too hot to replant so we will do that in the morning once I get home from doing the grocery shopping. I did a really good upper body workout this morning so plan to take tomorrow off and just work around the house. I’m in the process of trying to organize my recipes. I have tons on Pinterest and a whole binder full of printed ones. I need a master spreadsheet of all the meals I cook so that I can stop spending so much time on menu planning. I told hubby that I just need to treat this project as a job and get it done!! :#

Goal Weight Challenge: KEEP MY EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Day Two! Morning BG was 86, which was better. No big spikes today since I kept my eating low carb.
    No snacking or sugar Not today!
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21 Day Fix upper body and June Tone Up
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

This spoke to me today!

t7ub6t763bao.jpg

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 558 Member
    So much to catch up on!

@apple852hk congratulations on the loss! Chocolate is definitely one of my downfalls as well, it does me no favours at the scale!

@trooworld with the energy my pup has and the work Drive, one would think she is a herding dog, but she is not! Where I take her for training, there are a lot of herding dogs there and they think my dog fits right in LOL! She LOVES to work! It sounds like you had a super fun, busy day!

@19shmoo69 WOW huge congratulations on the huge loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 it’s always nice to get a good workout in! I find that when I have such a big project, as you do with your recipes, it can almost be overwhelming so I procrastinate🤨.

Had a great weekend, went camping and the weather held. I think I had everything Well planned out until the s’more’s came out😂. It’s been two years, with all of our lockdowns and everything since we have been camping, so I definitely celebrated and truly enjoyed my s’more!! I think that’s all that I went over, of course it’s impossible to weigh and measure everything out there. Hope everybody had a great weekend!
    Looking forward to starting a new week tomorrow :-)
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Username Jypsy1
    PW 142.3
    Cw142.7
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 307 Member
    Sorry for late

Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday