Mission Slimpossible - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Phew! 39 posts to catch up! Was fun reading what Ya'll are up to.

Hi, I'm Lisa, live in NE Florida with my husband. Two semi adult children (19,21) are living with us for the summer- they will head back to school in the fall. I've struggled with weight all my life, but never as much as now. (thanks perimenopause!) I've lost before, but no more than 25 and this time I've got 40 to get off. So far, I've lost and kept off 13. And I've been at it since Jan 2020. I'm not in a hurry. I love this group- I've learned many things about weight loss and about myself by participating. The support is unbeatable!

Today started out a bit stressy (thanks to the semi adult children), so I took a nice long walk with my dog. Then I did a kick butt strength workout with cardio bursts. After each set, there was a 5 min cardio interval. I loved it!

Got a bit "what the heck" with the food over the long weekend, so I"m trying to get back on track today. I can never do that cold turkey! But I'm progressing today and tomorrow should be all the way there.

Have a great Tuesday! (even though it feels like Monday)

Lisa
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I am not surprised that your blood sugar spiked after rice, it's quite high on the GI scale. Have you tried Basmati rice? I'd be interested to see how that impacts your blood sugar, as it's a low-GI white rice. I switched to it years ago for that reason!

@bgame4 Great job on the walking! Consistency is key. Sounds like your hubby has a great sense of humour!

@Lulu_jo Wow, May really was good to you! That's a great quote, thanks for sharing.

@krea4 Nice loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Prepping your food is a great habit to focus on. I am always rushed in the mornings, I should do this as well!

@Cornanda Sounds like you had a nice active day to get back on track!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I had a decent day yesterday. Was looking like I was going to be over on calories but did 45 mins of cardio so I ended up under by a fair way. I did some meditation on the Smiling Minds app, and found they have some that are for the whole family so I got the toddler involved and we pretended to be trees lol. It ended up being another fairly late night for no real reason. I need to get to bed earlier tonight, no excuses!

Today I am expecting a very similar day to yesterday. I like the pumpkin soup I made for lunch, but there's not enough protein in it really. The boiled egg snack helps a little but I was still under by a lot for the day. I need to look at what I can add to it for a protein boost next time I make it, maybe some chickpeas would be ok!
    4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    aepmcdk0pzvi.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @bgame4 HaHa gotta love a funny husband! :D

@Lulu_jo That is amazing that you lost 9 lbs. in May! I LOVE that quote!! Just keep going is right! :grin:

@vegan4lyfe2012 The puzzle didn’t take that long to put together and framed it will be about 20 x 40. I’m going to hang it over my tub on this big blank wall that has been begging for something for the past two years. Maggie can’t turn over the big rocks but there are some smaller ones that she has learned hot to flip. Anything for a lizard!! :grin: The rice was brown organic and my blood sugar was back to baseline the next morning so maybe a little rice won’t hurt once in a while. ;) I think prepping your food in advance is such a good idea. It will help you so much to stick to your plan and you will get extra sleep. Win-win!!

@Cornanda Good recovery to go for a walk after feeling stressed and that workout sounds intense, but fun. Are you doing YouTube videos or what? :)

Hi Team! Today, was a nice mellow day. I went and did some grocery shopping and then spent the afternoon not really doing much. I started a new fun puzzle that is all about make-up and glitter. Two of my favorite things! :grin: For dinner tonight I made steaks and a huge leafy green salad. Hubby went and bought some beer, so of course, I had to one too. ;)

Goal Weight Challenge: Keeping my eye on the prize! B)
    Fasting Hours (Goal 18+): 19 hours 6 min.
    Follow the Data Driven Fasting challenge fully Listened to my favorite protein-loving doctor Ted Naiman on the Diet Doctor podcast.
    No snacking between meals No snacking today
    No refined sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21 Day Fix Pilates and I started this 30-day challenge to tone up and today I did day one.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

b98ld4h9tv6k.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! I've started this exercise challenge and thought some of you might like to do it with me. I have no intention of killing myself by doing as many reps as shown on some of the exericses, but I do plan to give it my best effort. So who will do it with me? B)

wyeirx147bbh.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's workout was more arms and today was legs. I'm already sore. 😆
    The beginning of this week I ate extremely keto but the ending will proly be vegetarian.
    On a side note bible study was really good this evening.
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!
    I hope you all had a great day!

I had a very intense workout yesterday, and was going to take today off but I decided to go for a walk.
    I am still trying to find a snack that will give me enough fuel for energy for my intense workouts.
    I have an intense workout tomorrow as part of my 10k training plan, and I will try something
    with lots of protein. I also didn't sleep well last night and as a result I didn't have a lot of energy today.

I look forward to reading about your journeys during this week.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get that walk in today. I thought about it and should have gotten up and gone on to the mall. I am promising myself I will do it tomorrow morning so I have to since I put it in writing. :p I didn't do bad at the cookout. I age two wieners and some baked beans. I drank water. I did eat a oatmeal raisin cookie and it was so good. Tomorrow's going to be a good one. I get my hair done so that always makes it a great day. Let's make it a great day! Let's go get it!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Happy June !

It has been a busy day. I just packed my boy off to summer camp. The house is very quiet!
    Only a smidge of outdoor work in the yard, but tomorrow will be back to normal

@TeresaW1020
    I love your tone up chart, and I am signing up to do this one!

Today was a break day from workouts, with all the running around, but I did get a swim in.

Food choices today were good, but over calories. Back on plan tomorrow!

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.2 lb
    CW: 129.8 lb
    Fingers crossed I’ll continue in the right direction; even with my turtle speed , a month should show.
    Happy Wednesday all!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Oh that was Saturday. It was okay but my MIL always makes us watch dumb TV shows that we have no interest in watching. :( I'm glad you had fun with your friend. That's too bad she could only stay for one night. Wow, 100s! I don't blame you for wanting to change it up. Variety is good!

Congratulations @davidji82 @Jactop @Firefly743 @Vegan4lyfe 2012 for getting on the leaderboard!

@TwistedSassette It is really good. If you want the recipe, let me know! That's great that your health insurance has an app like that. I wish mine did! I should check out Gloomhaven. Is it good to play with just 2 people? We don't have a lot of company. I think it's great that you enjoyed dessert and still had a deficit. That's really cool that the app has family meditations.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah it's really good. I'm looking forward to it! That is interesting about the rice for dinner. Makeup and glitter sounds like a fun puzzle.

@bgame4 It sounds like you are off to a great start! I have a friend who locks up her snack cupboard so she can't get into it lol. It works for her! ;)

@Lulu_jo Wow, 9 lbs is awesome! Congrats! That's good you are listening to your body. I love what you said about quitting.

@krea4 @imgwendolyn2015 @GabiV125 Congrats on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good to know about A Quiet Place II. I think that is going to be a really helpful habit to work on for June.

@Cornanda That's good you took the dog for a walk. I also got a bit "What the heck" about food over the weekend. Grrrr.

@TheGlwUp Having something with a lot of protein is a good idea for a pre-workout snack. I hope you sleep better tonight.

@krea4 I started to read it in January but got behind. I need to pick it back up. What I did read was really helpful.

Hi all. I had to work onsite yesterday and I didn't do well at all: I ate snacks from the vending machine. :( I was a bit stressed and instead of going for a walk as I should have, I ate the snacks. I did eat a healthy lunch and a healthy dinner. Some people wanted to see some of my photography, here is a collage of my favorite shots from Saturday's walk downtown.

50 Day Commitment:
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

ptja55fg1qru.jpg
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy hump day!
    The last couple of months I've been struggling I feel like a yo-yo. I'll do really good for about a week then I start sliding and I'll end the month right where I started!
    So I'm going to try a different approach and start small which is hard for me because I'm an all in kinda girl! So this week I'm going to focus on getting up early and walking the dog, which I have the last two days and then sit on the porch and drink my coffee before my son gets up
    And eat better even when I don't have the time to log! And Check in with all you Lovely people at least once a day.
    Today has been good so far I walked almost 4 miles in an hour. I have a Husky so of course it wasn't enough lol
    Enjoyed my coffee listening to the birds and now we have to start school
    Have a great day all! Meet all you goals you can do it!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 5/25:225.3
    Check in weight (6/2/2021): 226.3
    Check in weight 6/9/2021):
    Check in weight (6/16/2021):
    Check in weight (6/23/2021):
    Check in weight (6/30/2021):

@broncobuddee I would like to change my weigh in date to Wednesdays if that is ok :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Today I woke up thinking that I have 2 days of work ahead in order to produce any kind of loss this week. You see, when you goof off for 4 days of the week, that leaves 3 to DO THE WORK... (ironically, my motto for this year.) I'm not good at math, but even I can figure out that is not a formula for success. And it should not come as a surprise to me after the fact.

I was not off the charts crazy this weekend- but I did eat a bun with my hamburger, and a roll with another meal and if you put all these little things together, they sink the ship for me.

I'm going to spend some time looking at what's going on and see what I can fix.

@TeresaW1020 - I do YouTube workouts- lately I like C Dorner fitness. She has all kinds of things available.

@TheGlwUp - let us know what snack you come up with.

@askewcr - Yay you for getting on the treadmill today! Good job at the cook out!

@krea4 - I didn't succeed in fully launching the Beck program, but she gave me lots to think about. I also need to work on eating sitting down. Mostly I do that. But when I eat standing up- it's never something planned or good for me. I'm still reading the book periodically

@AustinRuadhain - Hi! Enjoy your quiet week!

@GabiV125 - nice loss- got my fingers crossed for you in June!

@19shmoo69 - oof- sore arms AND legs!

@Jypsy1 - I'm also yo-yoing since I had a vacation. I guess it's called maintaining, but I still want to be losing. Let's get this going! Sounds like you had a nice start to your day.

Happy Wed to all!

• Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did something I don't do. I got my walk in (yay!) And I jogged all my uphills. I don't jog. I don't run. I'm a walker lol. I jogged 12 hills on my walk... AND. IT. FELT. GOOD! 5 months ago I couldn't jog if I wanted to... But I said why not try and see if you can? And the fact that I could, made me try even harder. Very proud of myself and I'm going to do it again today. This journey has been tough. Physically and mentally... But as long as I don't give up, I will succeed. Only 65 pounds to reach my goal!

Happy Wednesday! You've got this!

If you quit now...

You'll end up right back where you first began. And when you first began you were desperate to be right where you are now.

Keep going...
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Are you focusing enough on protein with your strict Keto? I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject and for myself, I’m upping the protein and cutting down my fat intake. Look up Dr. Ted Naimen and his P.E. Diet if you haven’t yet. Good stuff!! :grin:

@TheGiwUp I would definitely recommend you up to your protein with your intense workouts. I hope you get a better night’s sleep tonight. :)

@AustinRuadhain Yayyy I’m glad that you will do the Tone Up challenge with me. I bailed on the May one with all those burpees, but I think this one is something I can at least give a good effort to. How long is your son away at camp? Enjoy your time! :)

@krea4 I thought the Beck Diet Solution book offered a lot of great insights and helped me recognize habits that weren’t helping me. Like standing at the fridge and eating or gulping my food down as fast as possible. It helped me with mindfulness. I hope you get a lot out of it. :)

@GabiV125 A loss is a loss and we celebrate them all!! B)

@trooworld Stress and vending machines are NOT a good match. But at least you didn’t blow it with lunch and dinner so that is a great positive. I LOVE your photos!! <3

@Jypsy1 Starting small is a great way to make progress because every small step forward will get you closer to your goals. :)

@askewcr Yayyy for getting on that treadmill!

@Cornadna I don’t know how many times I’ve come to Wednesday and realized that I only have two days to get some weight off. I wish I had an answer as to why we do what we do. At least, we are aware of it!

@Lulu_jo Wow jogging up 12 hills is incredible!! You should be very proud of yourself. B)

Hi Team! Not much going on today. I did a bunch of laundry and some church work. We have our vacation Bible Study at the end of the month, so there is lots of stuff to do. Tonight, we start VBS prep of all the decorations. This year I’m going to be a crew leader for the K-2nd grade. That should be crazy! :D I made a physical for July. I haven’t had one since I got pneumonia back in 2018 and hubby keeps bugging me about it. So, now I have a real motivation to show my doctor how much weight I’ve lost.

Goal Weight Challenge: KEEP MY EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Follow the Data Driven Fasting challenge fully Got my tracker and glucose meter ready for Saturday. Listened to a couple of good podcasts on the importance of eating more protein.
    No snacking between meals No snacking today
    No refined sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 and day two of June Tone Up
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

I'm not sure if it's considered strict. I call it strict. The only fat I eat is attached to the meat I eat. The problem I'm running into with it is it costs so much to eat like this.
    With that said I thought of trying your workout chart but then I saw the word LUNGES. I have a balance problem with those things.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    LUNGES. I have a balance problem with those things.

After knee surgery I used a walking/hiking pole for stability when doing lunges. The back of a chair/wall/kitchen counter would work to.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I love the graphic about getting your mind right for June! It's exactly what I'm trying to do. Thanks also for sharing the exercise challenge, I think I will give it a go too. Not sure about 30 burpees by the end of the month but we'll see!

@19shmoo69 Glad that bible study was good!

@TheGlwUp Great job on the active recovery by going for a walk! I am the same with not getting enough sleep, it really affects you the next day!

@askewcr Oooooh enjoy getting your hair done! A nice reward for all your hard work recently!

@AustinRuadhain How long does your boy stay at summer camp? It's always intrigued me, as we don't have summer camps here in Australia, really!

@krea4 Slow and steady is the way to go for long-lasting results. We are here to cheer you on!

@GabiV125 Yay for the loss! All the little losses add up :smile:

@trooworld Gloomhaven is definitely still good with 2 people. My sister really didn't "get" it so we played without her the next day and it was much easier. Though I'm not sure that we started with the right character choices as we did struggle a bit, neither one of us like playing tanks so we spent a lot of time healing.
    Sorry that the vending machine got you :frowning: But one slip-up won't undo everything you've worked for. You can get yourself back on track!
    Thanks for sharing the photos, they're wonderful!

@Jypsy1 Go you! Getting on a streak with something is really motivating, I think. I have a husky as well, I honestly don't know where they keep all their energy :sweat_smile: We have a large yard though, so we don't walk him often. When we do take him out, he doesn't really enjoy it that much and wants to go home. So we just play with him in the yard and get him running around to burn off some energy. He's 8 years old now, but still acts like a puppy!

@Cornanda It sounds like a June reset is just what the doctor ordered for you!

@Lulu_jo What a fantastic NSV! And what a great mindset too, why not try it?!
    I got a bit derailed yesterday. Hubby got a call that my laptop had finally come in so, bless his heart, he jumped in the car and drove the 600km round trip to collect it for me! That's true love. So my mum looked after the toddler for the afternoon until I was home from work. I got home late and the toddler was still sleeping so I had to wake him up otherwise he'd never go to bed that night. So then I had a very upset and clingy toddler for the rest of the afternoon! My sister dropped by and stayed until after 9pm. Hubby arrived home at 8:30pm and had brought us KFC for dinner (we don't have fast food restaurants in our town, the nearest ones being 300km away in the city he was going to so it's a bit of a treat for us when we do visit). So everything was just running really late and I started setting up the new laptop (which is amazing btw!) and the next thing I knew it was 11pm and I was still up, hadn't done any exercise for the day, and needed to already be in bed asleep. I did feel a bit proud that I didn't overindulge in the KFC, and still had a calorie deficit for the day regardless, but I hate when my day doesn't go as I planned it!

Today I MUST do some exercise. MUST. Yesterday I found myself snacking in the afternoon when I really shouldn't have been hungry, I think that is related to the lower protein in the last few days. So I need to work on my protein intake so I don't derail myself again.

Hubby will be going away this weekend & early next week to help his mum with planting their crop, so I will be off work to be on Mum duties, I'm looking forward to a few days with just the two of us and hope to be quite active in those days!

4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    cptfnimg8kz8.png
This discussion has been closed.