Mission Slimpossible - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    krea4 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    LUNGES. I have a balance problem with those things.

After knee surgery I used a walking/hiking pole for stability when doing lunges. The back of a chair/wall/kitchen counter would work to.

Thank you! I've tried some things to hold onto. Part of my issue is how far I have to get my feet from each other. Its like I cannot get them far enough apart to properly do the lunge. Then leaning and then......
    I haven't given up I try and do them twice a year. Lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! I'm way behind so I'm just going to check in but here we go with another month and the second half of the year, time for me to think of goals! I'm a little shaky with diet but am still keeping pretty busy and working out every day. Tomorrow's the farm, my therapy appointment, I'm picking up a tomatillo (who knew you needed two so they pollinate!), then meeting my Dad for lunch then back to the farm to water again.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @Jypsy1 I think starting small is a good approach. Sitting on the porch and drinking coffee is a great way to celebrate your exercise! Have a great day, too!

@askewcr Today's a new day. You've got this!

@Cornanda I'm right there with you! I have to buckle down HARD the next few days.

@Lulu_jo How wonderful! You never know unless you try, right? Woo hoo!

@TeresaW1020 Noooo, they are not! Thank you! You should have a lot of fun with VBS being a crew leader. ;) That's good you made a physical appointment. I got something in my email that you may be interested in, it was an advertisement for an America's Test Kitchen keto cookbook. It's called "Easy Everyday Keto" and it's on sale right now: https://shop.americastestkitchen.com/everyday-keto.html

@TwistedSassette Pre-COVID, there were gaming shops around here that you could test out the games, they had open boxes there that you could play as long as you like. I may have to see if they are doing that right now to try it out. Yeah, those d@mned vending machines...grrr. One slip up, no, but I've had many this week! :( Thanks about my photos. That was nice of your hubby. That's kind of good that you don't have fast-food restaurants in your town. Here, there is a fast-food joint on almost every corner! Plus, I can get it delivered. :( Congrats on the new laptop. That's great you still had a deficit!

Hello all. I had a better day yesterday but it wasn't totally great. I'll do better today. A local gallery was having a call for an upcoming exhibit so I entered one of my photographs in the call and it got accepted! I haven't exhibited my work in about 10 years at least. This means I'll have to attend 3 social events related to the exhibit and there will most likely be food and drinks. It's time to make a plan now.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    starting: 153
    previous (5/28): 153
    current 6/3: 150.4
    change: -2.6

weigh-in day Thursday
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - thought I posted yesterday that I love your photos, but I don't see it. Love 'em! So glad you tried for the contest and got in!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I could not do lunges to save my life until I realised that my form was completely off lol. I had trouble coordinating the bending until I suddenly realised that I wasn't attempting to bend my back leg nearly far enough! After I made a conscious effort to bend both legs properly, I realised that I didn't need to lean forward anymore to balance, and I also realised how important it is to keep my feet shoulder width apart, not in line with each other! I'm not really sure what my point is here except, maybe you can watch your form in a mirror and see what needs to be addressed?

@Katmary71 Sounds like you're super busy - I love it!

@askewcr Those old habits certainly are hard to break. You're right, we need to be intentional.

@trooworld Wow what fantastic news about your photo being exhibited! That's super exciting! It's a good time to make a plan now :smile:

@xrj22 Great loss this week!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was pretty good. I worked a bit late (though that means I can go home a bit earlier today which will be nice) and went to the supermarket on the way home. I ran into a good friend there who I've been meaning to catch up with for ages (we've been tag-teaming with sick kids so it hasn't worked out for a while). We stood there chatting for ages and ages in the supermarket, it was nice!

Unfortunately, I was hungry when I was doing the shopping and got a block of chocolate, which I proceeded to eat half of after I got home. Not ideal.

Later in the evening I was watching a game of football (rugby league) with my Mum on the TV. At half time the toddler went to bed and I was about to settle in for the second half but I remembered my intention was to exercise and hit my 7,000 steps for the day. So instead, I went and did some cardio for 30 mins, and then did some wind down yoga afterwards which was nice! It wound up being a good day overall.

Today there is a morning tea at work to farewell some staff who are leaving. I should be ok to not overindulge. It seems easier when they're not in my department, as the morning tea is much larger (i.e. more people) and so I don't hang around for as long. The shorter time I'm there, the less I'm likely to eat!

Tonight I think I will do some strength training as it's been a while since I've really done it properly. I'll dig out my resistance bands and pull up a YouTube video.

Happy Friday everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    lpcq9wqtwdy7.png
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The past two days have been a bit rough. Yesterday, I caved in to the cravings for sweets and had some ice cream. I have been having headaches for a couple of days and just realized that it is probably due to sugar withdrawal. I chose to resume eating habits I started seven years ago through PCOS Diet Support: no dairy to address hormone imbalance, low carb to combat insulin resistance, and limited gluten to reduce inflammation. I have maintained no dairy this whole time, so that is not an issue, but I have cut way back on carbs and sugar for almost a week now. My body feels great with the exception of the headaches, and I know they will pass eventually if I can stick with my plan. I made some healthy and low carb cookies and muffins to grab when cravings hit, and I am going to work on some sewing projects to keep my mind busy.
    I have continued walking and got in some additional exercise by pulling weeds, planting flowers, and vacuuming.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I hear you about the cost of eating low carb and especially if you are Keto/carnivore. I always take a walk through the meat section and look for meats that have been marked down and then freeze them. Last week, I scored big time! Two things about the workout chart. First, as mentioned by @krea4 you can do lunges and hold on to something, or you can sub it out for another workout. I guarantee that I will be subbing it out on burpee day! :grin:

@TwistedSassette Yayyy on doing the exercise challenge and like I said to 19shmoo69, either modify or sub it out for something else that you can do. I can’t do that many burpees to save my life and won’t. But I will try and maybe improve over time is what’s it’s all about. How sweet of your hubby to go pick up your new laptop and get you dinner. And yayyy for you for not overdoing the KFC. Speaking of snacking and protein. My husband is a terrible snacker and it’s mostly chips and pretzels. Well, I’ve been talking so much about his crappy choices and have him now eating boiled eggs, string cheese, and Greek yogurt and today, he said that his craving for chips had declined. This makes me very happy. :)

@Katmary71 I have a good lunch with your dad and happy pollinating! :grin:

@askewcr Yikes on those cinnamon rolls. I’ve had them before and they are tasty. You can do this and just need to move forward. <3

@trooworld That is so awesome that a gallery is going to show one of your photos!! <3 Yes, to planning for the exhibit and social food and drinks. Can you show us a pic of your work that got accepted?

Hi Team! Not much going on today. We had fun last night getting things ready for VBS and today I did the normal church cleaning. I somehow pulled something on the right side towards my back that is really sore. I think it was the chest flies with the leg raises that did it. I haven’t done that move before and I used heavier weights. Hopefully, it will be better tomorrow. I made chicken parm for dinner and indulged in a little pasta. Very tasty but I hope it won’t hurt my weigh-in tomorrow.

Goal Weight Challenge: KEEP MY EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Follow the Data Driven Fasting challenge fully listened to some more podcasts on the subject while cleaning.
    No snacking between meals No snacking today
    No refined sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): Church cleaning
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice everyone.
    Now about my keto "diet". I came home with a starving feeling and basically no calories left. I gave in and ate boiled chicken breast. It's one of my favs. What could I have done different?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven’t checked in for a while, it’s been a really busy great week! The weather here has been wonderful, so we have been getting in lots of outdoor visiting, it’s so great to catch up with everybody, it’s been way too long!
    I have been keeping on track with my macros, exercise, but not the dog training😥. Two out of three ain’t bad :-) :-). I will have to catch up on everyone’s posts another day, I just got home, it is after 7 o’clock and I haven’t made dinner yet. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and that the week is going well!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Those cinnamon rolls got me again but I ate half the mount that I ate yesterday and I got my walk in at the mall. It's all good!! Tomorrow's a new day. Let's go get it!!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW: 230.1
    CW: 233.4

Whoops.
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 141
    CW: 139
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @xrj22 @TeresaW1020 @bgame4 Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Thank you! I'm glad, too!

@TwistedSassette Thank you! Yes, I'm thinking about it now. Better to do it ahead of time. It's too bad you had to stay late but good you get off early on a Friday. That's great that you stopped watching football to go exercise, well done! Happy Friday!

@bgame4 It's amazing how much sugar affects our bodies. I'm glad you made a plan.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! You are going to laugh about which one got accepted: I already posted it, it is in the photo collage I posted the other day, it's the close-up of the creepy face (It's Zoltar, he's a mechanical fortune teller) lol. No pretty photo or nice landscape, just a creepy face! :D Ouch about the pulled muscle. I hope it gets better soon.

@laurelfit57 Check in when you have time, no worries! That's great that you've kept up with your macros and exercise. How many dogs do you train normally?

@askewcr Half is better than the whole amount!

Hello all. The weekend is here and I couldn't be happier. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. I did better on snacks yesterday I think. I had a healthy dinner (the pepperoni bubble-up pizza, it's a casserole), healthier than having pizza. :) Tonight is a nice salad with grilled chicken.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Username: Lulu_jo
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 277 (1/15/21)
    PW: 227
    CW: 223
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 178.1
    CW: 179.6

+1.5
    LTD: 11.5

• Cornanda
    Options
    So, I gained back just about exactly what I lost last week. Definitely time for a June reset and I'm working on it this weekend. I will review my reasons and goals, examine my behavior, redefine goals and things to work on.

I've done well putting exercise back in place after vacation, but not food!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lisa
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Username:TheGlwUp
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 227
    CW: 233.5 :(
This discussion has been closed.