Shrinking Assets - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Please give a warm welcome and CONGRATULATIONS to @imgwendolyn2015 aka WENDY, as the newest CAPTAIN of SHRINKING ASSETS!

Congratulations, @imgwendolyn2015. I know you'll make an awesome Captain!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am excited to be one of your team captains! I am healing quickly from knee surgery and being a captain is the perfect way to stay engaged with you all and get back on track.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 152.4
    CW: 152.0
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 235.6

I've been pretty much maintaining for the last while. I'm just glad not to be gaining significantly, ha!
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Peachplace
    Weigh in day Monday

PW 248.5
    CW 249

So small bump wrong direction.. I’ll get back in the right direction. Dr decided I wasn’t losing weight as fast as she hoped and now has me on medication.. so let’s see if there’s gonna be a bigger change next week...
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Doc cleared me for exercise. I'm ready to get back to it. @beka3695 could you put me back to active? I'll weigh in Fridays like I was doing and will start this week! Question, as a captain, I will still post my weigh in comment but should I just go ahead and enter it on the spreadsheet too or should someone else do it?
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    peachplace wrote: »
    Peachplace
    Weigh in day Monday

PW 248.5
    CW 249

So small bump wrong direction.. I’ll get back in the right direction. Dr decided I wasn’t losing weight as fast as she hoped and now has me on medication.. so let’s see if there’s gonna be a bigger change next week...

I have been on Saxenda since October and the doctor just added Contrave-we are going to regroup in the Fall and see how I did throughout the year and what the go forward plan is.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 157
    CW: 156.4
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday Week 3
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 157.2
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BigBlues11
    Friday
    PW 152.9
    CW 153 (+.1 pnds)
    TLD -71.0 pnds

Have a great weekend!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Doc cleared me for exercise. I'm ready to get back to it. @beka3695 could you put me back to active? I'll weigh in Fridays like I was doing and will start this week! Question, as a captain, I will still post my weigh in comment but should I just go ahead and enter it on the spreadsheet too or should someone else do it?

Go ahead and post it in the thread and to the spreadsheet. I am guilty of not posting here all weeks... but if we are active, we should post here, too.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging or weighing myself for maybe 2 weeks but I'm going to try to log tomorrow. I have a super hard time being consistent.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 191.0
    CW 192.0

I will take the hit. Just got back from our beach vacation and I’m actually down 3 pounds since Monday. The vacation was pretty much a food free-for-all. All the bad food at the beach plus one day in New Orleans. Actually proud that I only had one adult beverage the whole time.

So here’s an NSV to share. I was shopping for summer clothes to bring on the trip. Went in a store and was greeted by a sales clerk. Told her what I was looking for and as she led me to the rack, she asked me what size I needed. I told her ‘x’ and she did a double-take and said, “Oh no honey, that’s too big; you need at least a “y” if not smaller.” I tried it on, and she was right!

So here’s the weird part. I’ve had a lot of people over the past few weeks comment that it looks like I’ve lost weight. I look in the mirror and I don’t see it. I even took measurements a few weeks ago and there was very little change over my November stats. I can only think it’s because I’ve needed smaller clothes for a while and just haven’t bought much due to the pandemic. I’ll take the measurements again in a few days in case I just had some major change over the past few weeks, but I just don’t see it. And the few photos of me that were taken on the trip really don’t make me look smaller. It doesn’t help that my adult kids take after my husband and look like tall string beans next to me. Has anyone else have this mental image vs reality juxtaposition?

I know exactly what you are talking about
    When I look in the mirror in my bedroom, I seem smaller, look in the mirror in the basement and I look as big as a house - it puts one under a lot of stress.
    Once my thighs feel really light, I know I am on the right track
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    I’ll take the measurements again in a few days in case I just had some major change over the past few weeks, but I just don’t see it. And the few photos of me that were taken on the trip really don’t make me look smaller. It doesn’t help that my adult kids take after my husband and look like tall string beans next to me. Has anyone else have this mental image vs reality juxtaposition?

Yeah. This has happened with weight loss previously, and oddly the biggest ”tell” for me is underpants. Once they start feeling loose (and not because you’ve worn them to shreds), you have made progress. Interestingly, undies were also the first piece of clothing that told me my baby bump was starting to pop up.

Currently I struggle with this mental image vs reality issue going into the other direction: from no bump to small bump was noticeable, but I can’t really notice the bump-growing that’s happening now that it’s there. I switched to maternity undies, leggings and jeans two months ago (my bump came in early), so there’s nothing squeezing me. The only things telling me about my growing bump are my non-stretchy office clothes - I cleaned my closet about a month ago and put away everything that was getting too small at the time, but this week I had to try on three blouses before one was passable (and even that was a compromise, no way I could have gone in like that if I had any external visitors coming in). During my closet clean-up all the maternity shirts I’d bought were still huge tents, but it seems I should give them another try. Maybe some more online shopping, too...
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging or weighing myself for maybe 2 weeks but I'm going to try to log tomorrow. I have a super hard time being consistent.

You got this!! 1 day at a time!! Sent ya a friend request!! I will gladly send ya a message and tell ya log log log log!! I know I need the encouragement as well!! Yell at me and say Lacey water water water!! Can't get it in lately!!
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    PW 138.7
    CW 139

I am so good with this, I was able to walk a little this week and life stress is easing a bit. So happy with this and glad I am staying steady at this weight. Next milestone is 135, June is a great month to focus on getting there. Summer weather and more activity outside.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Username: Socajam - 05/22/2021
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 185.0
    CW 185.8
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Pw181
    Cw179.4

Better and better!!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE: SELF-CARE is up and ready for you!! :)

l0ee90d5p04c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.