I suck, I am up again this week:

CW: 164.0
    PW: 163.0

Tracked: yes
    Under: not quite, but close
    Water: 80+
    Steps: 2310
    Exercise: no, unless a couple of handstand attempts counts

Things are going in the wrong direction again. I really hope to turn it around. I took your advice this morning and went walking first thing so it didn't get away from me. I am finally delivering a course I've been writing for the past 6 months today, too, so expect that to help my stress level. It's been crunch week here and the diet has suffered along with exercise.

I think I have an oral fixation - when I am DEEP in crunch time with work, I seem to have to put things in my mouth and chew to focus better. But this week I bought a pack of gum, and made a couple bowls of air popcorn, so not too crazy. I would eat carrots but they give me gassy stomach aches.

ANYWAY, after this weekend I'm hoping to also give you guys some more personal attention. I appreciate you all so much and feel so supported by you. My course goes onto the test server Sunday night, so then I can breathe!

HUGS all the way around, and may we all finish May STRONG!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    mooreshelly09
    Week 3
    PW: 181.6
    CW: 178.6

Y'all I am soooo excited. My original goal was to hit 180, the weight I was 12 years so when I got married!!! I have now updated that to 154 to be my final goal. Can I get a whoop, Lol.

@mooreshelly09 I'll give you a couple....whoop whoop!! That is such a great loss and surpassing your original goal (and wedding weight!) must feel like you have just won the lottery!! At 154 I look and feel pretty good, relatively speaking, but I am still a good 10 pounds from my goal. You must be a bit taller?

Enjoy your trip to Boston! What a great gift to give your father!! I have never been to Boston, but it is on my bucket list of US cities I want to visit. You'll do so much walking that I am sure any damage on the scales will be minimal, if any.

Only 5'4, but I am one that doesn't look like I weight as much as I do. If I get any less than that 154ish mark I will be all bones and flub lol
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    qk0csgpu5wzc.jpg
    lfgv4xkquf07.jpg

This was last Sat weighing in at 181.6
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 Looking good, Shelly! I know what you mean....I have a friend who has such broad shoulders for a female, that she weighs much more than she looks!
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 Looking good, Shelly! I know what you mean....I have a friend who has such broad shoulders for a female, that she weighs much more than she looks!

At least I shoud say, that's what I hear lol. You know the whole mental struggle, I still feel like I look like I did at 264.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    21st May
    logged food: no
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    water: 70oz
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 136.4lbs
    CW 136.2lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess nothing wrong with holding steady for a bit. You are doing so well, that the next loss will happen soon!

Thank you @HASWLRS

What I seem to be doing is managing to maintain which I've never been able to do before. The nearer I get to my goal I think this is a skill I need to learn.

A problem I'm having is that I haven't kept my diary up recently. The reason being is that my daughter has started to use the app too, and I'm worried about her criticism.

I closed my diary so she couldn't see it and that upset her so I opened it again. However, now on a day I eat chocolate or biscuits I decide not to fill in my diary and it's been blank for a few days.

She thinks I'm aiming for a weight that is too low and it makes me feel defensive. I think I'm going to close my diary again and try to explain that her looking at it is having a negative affect on my journey.

Any advice gladly received.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 136.4lbs
    CW 136.2lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess nothing wrong with holding steady for a bit. You are doing so well, that the next loss will happen soon!

Thank you @HASWLRS

What I seem to be doing is managing to maintain which I've never been able to do before. The nearer I get to my goal I think this is a skill I need to learn.

A problem I'm having is that I haven't kept my diary up recently. The reason being is that my daughter has started to use the app too, and I'm worried about her criticism.

I closed my diary so she couldn't see it and that upset her so I opened it again. However, now on a day I eat chocolate or biscuits I decide not to fill in my diary and it's been blank for a few days.

She thinks I'm aiming for a weight that is too low and it makes me feel defensive. I think I'm going to close my diary again and try to explain that her looking at it is having a negative affect on my journey.

@prehistoricmoongoddess Yes, I would most certainly have a conversation with her. You definitely have not been losing your weight too quickly, so your diary should not be open for criticism! It should be the gold standard!! As far as her thinking your goal weight is too low....why don't you both wait until you get there? Maybe you will agree with her, maybe she will agree with you, maybe you will agree to disagree, but just get there first!! Seems like wasted energy otherwise. And yes, proving you can maintain is the positive to come out of this!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday May 13, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 5,602

user name = maryc11
    Date = Friday May 14, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 5,821
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

@maryc11 Either stress and chaos works in your favour, or the scales just owed you one after being sooo stingy earlier in the month, but either way, well done on posting not just a loss, but a solid pound and (almost) a half loss! Well done!![/quote]

I have reached the conclusion it is the stress of the chaos...I don't take the time to drink more water than an average amount so I think it's water weight ebbing and flowing...thank you for your consistent support...
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 136.4lbs
    CW 136.2lbs

Thank you @HASWLRS

@prehistoricmoongoddess Yes, I would most certainly have a conversation with her. You definitely have not been losing your weight too quickly, so your diary should not be open for criticism! It should be the gold standard!! As far as her thinking your goal weight is too low....why don't you both wait until you get there? Maybe you will agree with her, maybe she will agree with you, maybe you will agree to disagree, but just get there first!! Seems like wasted energy otherwise. And yes, proving you can maintain is the positive to come out of this!!

Thank you

My goal weight is the top of normal weight for my size. Until then I'll be overweight by every weight table I've seen.

I'm determined to get to my goal, although it won't be in the time scale I set for myself. It will be a couple of months longer now, I think.

I've just hit a hiatus for a little while.
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    5/21/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: Yes - 30 min jog with 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down, total 40 min
    Steps: 12,040
    Water: 135oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 136.4lbs
    CW 136.2lbs

Thank you @HASWLRS

Thank you

My goal weight is the top of normal weight for my size. Until then I'll be overweight by every weight table I've seen.

I'm determined to get to my goal, although it won't be in the time scale I set for myself. It will be a couple of months longer now, I think.

I've just hit a hiatus for a little while.

@prehistoricmoongoddess It is a marathon, not a sprint. You will get there!! Taking little breaks or little detours is just part of the journey. As long as there is no white flag, you are still on the right track to succeed in your goals.
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5/21
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked yes
    Under no
    Exercise no
    Steps 6264
    Water did not track.....
  • HASWLRS
    Options

@annabananamc You most certainly do not suck!! That sort of negative self talk is not allowed, and also not constructive. You are actively seeking out and trying new tactics and strategies in order for you to succeed. That is the antithesis of one who sucks!!! Good luck with your course and getting it into the server!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Fri, May 21st
    Week 3 - Day 6
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - No 1690
    Exercise - Yes
    Caloric Goal: 1450/Daily = 10150/Weekly
    Step Goal: 10000/Daily = 70000/Weekly

Boxing Goal (3x’s a week)
    ✖️🥊✖️✖️🥊✖️🔘

👟Challenges💧
    5110 Steps
    84oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,682 Member
    Options
    Friday 21 May
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 100 oz
    Steps: 17,041

Much better day yesterday. I just need to string a bunch of those together. 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,682 Member
    Options

@annabananamc You most certainly do not suck!! That sort of negative self talk is not allowed, and also not constructive. You are actively seeking out and trying new tactics and strategies in order for you to succeed. That is the antithesis of one who sucks!!! Good luck with your course and getting it into the server!!

@annabananamc I second that
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: May Week #2
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 308.4
    CW: 312.2

@rawrxamberx What's going on, Amber? Talk to us!! Maybe we can help?

Temptation last week was really hard. But with my sisters most recent doctor visit, my family and I have decided that we are no longer gonna have junk food in the house. So I’m hoping this helps me with my cravings. Cuz we will have more fruits and vegetables around.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday 21 May
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 100 oz
    Steps: 17,041

Much better day yesterday. I just need to string a bunch of those together. 😊

@DaffyGirl88 You had a great day!!
This discussion has been closed.