Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Saturday, May 22nd

logged: yes, to a point
    under: nope
    exercise: yes, a 40 minute walk
    water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 10,473

I go grocery shopping on the weekends. Before the "spring rush" at work, when my husband worked very few Saturdays, he would go grocery shopping with me, and I would not be tempted to buy myself "treats". Now that I go by myself, I buy "treats" that I can fit into my calorie budget, and I have every intention of doing so. However, once I start, even if I have measured out a serving, I always seem to end up eating the whole box, or bag, or whatever. So, the easy solution is not to buy any; the solution I want to adopt is to eat appropriate serving sizes!! I guess I have a week to ponder this dilemma until I go grocery shopping again. Maybe my weigh-in on Saturday morning will help me decide! If I have blown this week, I will be refraining, for sure, from buying anything NOT on my list!!

@HASWLRS Can you buy single serving packs? I buy fun size M&Ms for that reason. If I open a larger bag I'm going to eat the whole thing and usually the fun size is enough to get my chocolate fix. I eat one every day, even if I splurge and eat two It doesn't ruin the day. 😁
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I would suggest the same thing that @DaffyGirl88 did. Another thing I will sometimes do is weigh out and bag each serving in a package so that I have my own "single serving" portions ready.

Another thing I do is write qnd take a shopping list, and only get the items on that list. I'm pretty sure it drives hubby nuts, but I tell him that if it doesn't go on the list, we're not getting it (with the exception of if I forgot to write down the dog/cat food). He absolutely loves the weeks when I don't write a list.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I would like to thank all of you for your supportive comments. I keep feeling like I've got this and I will check in more, and then something else happens and makes me slack in the group. Having all of your support makes me feel much better, but I have a hard time bringing myself to check in when my head is in another place.

You are all a wonderful group and I just can't stop thanking you all for the support you have given me over the last 2+ years. It means so much!

And while I do not have the problem of stress eating like I used to... stress definitely impacts my weekly weigh ins. As a result, this week's weigh in is 167.1, up 3.6lb from last week. And, factor in the after TOM gain i usually experience... I will work even harder this week to have a great finish for May.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    5/20/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 6,941
    Water: 160oz

5/21/21
    Steps: 8,430
    Water: 80oz

5/22/21
    Steps: 5,045
    Water: 120oz

5/23/21
    Steps: 9,488
    Water: 160oz
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunday May 23, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 3,074
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    username: thedestar
    Weigh in Week: May week 3
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 174.5
    Today's Weight: 174.5 😒

Okay, I have been a terrible teammate this month. And quitting sugar has not been as easy as I thought it would be. I haven't been logging my meals regularly which I know is so important to be successful but I have fell out of the habit the past couple months and its hard to get back into it. So my goal going forward is to be consistent about logging everything! I'll try my best to be more active here as well

I am working on cutting sugar also. I was exhausted this week. I don't know if it is stress from work, home life with 2 pre-teens and husband, PMS or sugar... maybe a combo. What I found interesting is that there arw a lot of foods I like that I thought had a lot of sugar and don't - like tortilla chips. Wth?!?
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    5/23/21
    Exercise: no, rest day
    Steps: 4825
    Water: 50oz
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5/23/21
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked yes
    Under no
    Exercise no
    Steps...3000
    Water did not track
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Sun, May 23rd
    Week 4 - Day 1
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - No 1723
    Exercise - YesI forced myself today though
    Boxing Y/N? ✖️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    Boxing Goal (3x’s a week)
    Step Goal: 9000 / Daily; 63000/Wkly
    Caloric Goal: 1721 / Daily = 12047/Wkly
    NetCarb Goal: 30g

👟Challenges💧
    13693 Steps
    92oz

oh how easy it is to stick to the diet when there’s no plans, no temptations and/or no food pushers around☺️! Comparing this Sunday to last Sunday.. such a breeze😎
    Of course our kitchen(fridge/pantry/was fully prepared for following thru
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    24th May
    logged food: no
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    water: 81oz

I needed a few days off, so that's what I did. Back to it today. Hope there's not too much damage on Thursdays weigh in 🤦‍♂️
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    Sunday 23 May
    Track: yes

Water: 100 oz
    Steps: 12,592
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    24th May
    logged food: no
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    water: 81oz

I needed a few days off, so that's what I did. Back to it today. Hope there's not too much damage on Thursdays weigh in 🤦‍♂️

@roz0810 no worries, we all need a few days off now and then, and you've been working so hard you deserve a break.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    5/23/21
    Tracked:yes
    Under: not quite, 94 over when we switched dinner plans from salmon to lamb
    Steps: 6219
    Water: 80+ [I'm going to just start saying yes on water, too. I always drink 80+ daily. I start off before I get out of bed with 16oz and keep going from there, so once I get to 5 I just say 80+ on the spreadsheet]

Today and tomorrow I'm having dental work - root planing - so expect I should stay under with soft foods, provided I stay out of the ice cream!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    5/23/21
    Tracked:yes
    Under: not quite, 94 over when we switched dinner plans from salmon to lamb
    Steps: 6219
    Water: 80+ [I'm going to just start saying yes on water, too. I always drink 80+ daily. I start off before I get out of bed with 16oz and keep going from there, so once I get to 5 I just say 80+ on the spreadsheet]

Today and tomorrow I'm having dental work - root planing - so expect I should stay under with soft foods, provided I stay out of the ice cream!

Hey Anna great job today! The spread sheet won’t count appropriately with a + symbol. I’m in the process of posting a Step/Water Challenge Winner so I just updated it so the formula will compute at the end!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @Krysless2 just a heads up I only rank members that complete their goal, so in steps category, you, me and gamommy would not be in the ranking. But everyone completed their water goal, so thats fine. I'm going to try getting the results going out weekly now that things have settled down a bit.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

Hey Anna great job today! The spread sheet won’t count appropriately with a + symbol. I’m in the process of posting a Step/Water Challenge Winner so I just updated it so the formula will compute at the end!

THANKS!

I am pretty sure I just put 80 in the spreadsheets, but if not I will start doing that!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

THANKS!

I am pretty sure I just put 80 in the spreadsheets, but if not I will start doing that!

Just as a heads up @krysless2 @annabananamc if you put an equal sign qt the beginning, it will add with the plus sign...

For my other challenges, I sometimes will put =25+44+17 and it will add all my minutes together if there are a lot. Just something to know :) you don't need to use word formulas to make it add/subtract/divide etc..
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 I love it!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Krysless2 no worries! Just wanted to let you know it would work :)

Edit: your previous reply is gone :lol:
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    5/24/21
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes treadmill walk
    Steps: 11,817
    Water: 147.6oz

Turns out I have a vitamin d deficiency along with my anemia (iron levels in the low end of good only due to taking two iron supplements daily), so I'm starting on a vitamin D supplement. I know it takes a while to start working, but at least I know what's been dragging me down :) next up is planning my obgyn and dental visit and I think I'll be caught up!
This discussion has been closed.