TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Thanks Ashley! Sorry to hear about your mom. <3
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One of my goals this month is to take more time to be active on this thread! I have a recurring note on my "to-do list" now. Happy May!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 So very sorry to hear about your mom Ashley. You and your family are in my prayers <3
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    5/2/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no rest day
    Steps: 3467
    Water: 101.4oz
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @AB0215 So very sorry to hear about your mom Ashley. You and your family are in my prayers <3

@mooreshelly09 @DaffyGirl88 Thank you, I'm barely holding it together.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Welcome back everyone and hello new people 😊❤️
    Let’s rock May! My birthday is Friday and I’m turning 30! I’m ready to start my 30s off right 👌🏻

Goals for this month:
    1) log EVERYTHING (I have a bad habit of not logging when I go over limit)
    2) drink at least 8 cups of water daily. if not, more!
    3) be more active on here! I’ve never meant to not be active. So everyone will see more of me!
    4) participate everyday with the accountability challenge!

• rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    5/2/21
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 9 cups
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Ashley - so sorry to hear of your loss. Please be gentle with your heart - we'll get all caught up here in time!!! (((hugs)))

TBBT teammates - couple of good days for me this weekend despite going out TO A RESTAURANT with friends. Luckily the meat was in tiny overpriced servings and the veggies were overpriced extra $ side dishes, so I stayed under and just drank a lot of water and talked a lot.

I feel that May is going to be a GREAT MONTH! Thank you all for being here!
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the group! Looking forward to losing (lbs) with you all!

I am hoping to lose some sweet cravings and exercise more (I enjoy trail running) so hopefully I'll make a bigger dent in my goals while helping my team!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 I'm so sorry for your loss Ashley. Thinking about you and your family, sending lots of hugs!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days , you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Because we didn't officially start this thread until today, the second day of the May Challenge, Sunday and Monday will be pass days (unless you post to the contrary). So for the first week only, 4, 5, 6, or 7 "yes" days will get you into the Winner's Circle!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 So sorry to hear about your loss.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    from last night and posted to the old thread:
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunda May 2, 2021 6:00PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 13, 250
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Catching up here for MUAC:

Sunday 5/2
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80+
    Steps: 3431
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 05/02
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps :6476
    Water: 96

Just for today 05/03 : WW/keto 9, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm/ meditation, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hrs, yoga with Adrian day 3

Yesterday : 05/02 : WW/keto 8💕, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👎🏻, 18hrs IF 💕, read bible plan 💕, read chapters 📚💕, Daily calm/ meditation💕, walk 30 min💕, sleep 8 hrs💕, yoga with Adrian day 2💕
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    3rd May
    water: 63oz

Getting myself a fitbit versa 3 on Wednesday! use to have a fitbit a few years ago but never used it enough so returned it, but I'm excited this time to make it help me lose weight and get my exercises and walking in ☺️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    3rd May
    water: 63oz

Getting myself a fitbit versa 3 on Wednesday! use to have a fitbit a few years ago but never used it enough so returned it, but I'm excited this time to make it help me lose weight and get my exercises and walking in ☺️

@roz0810 When you get it be sure to friend me @ https://www.fitbit.com/user/2YHBB4 My user name is "Susan B." there. There are many of use and we sometimes do fun challenges.
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited May 2021
    Options
    gamommy2 wrote: »
    Thanks for adding me to the group! Looking forward to losing (lbs) with you all!

I am hoping to lose some sweet cravings and exercise more (I enjoy trail running) so hopefully I'll make a bigger dent in my goals while helping my team!

@gamommy2 Welcome!! 🙋‍♀️
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my names Krystal I’m 36 years old and have been with hubby since I was 18. We have a teenage daughter who keeps life ..interesting. if you are new to TBBT .. Welcome to the best Weight loss group you’ll ever be a part of!!
    Below is my April stats; if you’re interested. I like to look at my weeks this way so that I can quickly see any trends going on. I am currently participating in the daily Mini challenge that @HASWLRS has mentioned. I also like to put my daily/weekly goals at the bottom of my daily MUAC so that I can keep myself in check even more! Here’s to a great May!

April SW: 149.2lbs
    Week 1
    ✖️✖️✔️✔️✔️✖️✖️47,850👟
    ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️523 oz💦
    ✖️✔️✔️✔️✖️✖️✖️DaysUnderCals 
    Wk1 Total Cals: 11544 Cals
    Wk1 Result: 147.5lbs = 1.7lbs loss/1.14%⬇️
    Week 2
    ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✖️✔️55,083👟
    ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️489 oz💦
    ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✖️DaysUnderCals 
    Wk2 Total Cals: 10582 Cals