Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @BRGking
    Fantastic loss!

@Poobah1972
    Great NSV’s! What time do you go walking? I just got back and it was brutal. Chugging water as I type. The only time I have had leg cramps at night is when I was pregnant. I think we can rule that out for you. 😂. Seriously, they are painful. I hope upping the electrolyte helps. Wow! Knocking 21 seconds off your best is awesome. Are you considering doing 7 laps yet?

@lmf1012
    I am wondering if the humidity is causing some water retention. I was talking to my daughter and she suggested this could be a reason. I know with myself the scales is up 2 pounds since the humidity started and my eating is on point. A new rowing machine is exciting! It gives a good workout.

@Tazaria87
    Two walks again! Well done! Enjoy your lake walk.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Taking a break sounds like a good idea. Trying to sleep with pain is awful. I have become so used to it that I seems normal to me now.

@363days
    That is very interesting. I am going to go up and down my hall backwards a few times just to see if I can do it. At our old place there was a big hill to get up to the buildings. A guy used to run down the hill and backwards up the hill.

@rwood566
    Sounds like you are retaining water. I am sure it will go down over a few days. Do you use Happy Scale?

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Great NSV’s! What time do you go walking? I just got back and it was brutal. Chugging water as I type. The only time I have had leg cramps at night is when I was pregnant. I think we can rule that out for you. 😂. Seriously, they are painful. I hope upping the electrolyte helps. Wow! Knocking 21 seconds off your best is awesome. Are you considering doing 7 laps yet?

I try to get out the door by 4:45 to 5:50am however I was a little late today (nature called). And yeah, that's definitely not it. lol. Thank you! It has crossed my mind, but more like how much more time shall I shave to shave off and still be able to get to work in time. But for sure crossed my mind today in fact. :smiley:

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    I pretty much always listen to music when walking-unless I'm out on a trail that's close to nowhere-then I'm good with natural sounds and/or silence.

I'm generally out of touch with technology, but I have a Garmin watch that does music and a bluetooth earbud to go with it (I use one so I can have half an ear on what's going on around me). It sure beats the old days of the Walkman with wired 😯headphones or the 20 pound boombox blaring on my shoulder😉 (ok, maybe this didn't really happen) and one cassette tape playing over and over and over again (this did happen).
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

Of course, meal prep is possible without such services, I've just gotten into a bit of a rhythm from it. Whilst I'm not the same person as I was at the start of the year, I still worry that I'll end up slipping into past habits more and start putting the weight I've lost back on. I do track all the non prep related food whenever I can in the weekdays and weekend already, so I've being doing similar to a certain extent, it would just mean like, every bite in the whole week.

Anyone got any thoughts or done similar transitions?

I went from firmly meal prepping all of my food to eating regular food sold at the store and honestly it was a bad choice. Without the weekly pre made structure I started gaining and when I gained I moved leading to a 3month free for all that caused me to gain 30lbs. I'm still trying to find my way back to that meal prepping routine I had. I would be losing a lot faster.

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    You leave at 5:30? Ok, so many questions:
    1. What time do you wake up?
    2. What time do you go to bed?
    3. HOW did you get your daughter to walk that long with you?
    4. Can you convince my kids to do the same?
    I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling the pain during & after your walks. I need to suck it up buttercup. You both are amazing inspirations! That's another great benefit of morning walks on IF, not peeing. I am so envious of all of your alone walking time together. 🤗

@rlaskey2
    Amazing high step day 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm so sorry to hear about your internet connection, that's annoying - good news though, look at all of those steps and your shish kabob dinner. MMMmmmm

@lindamtuck2018
    Your granddaughter is so precious! That was so cute. I hope your voice returns and you feel better soon, have you tried the ol' hot tea with lemon and honey (not sure if that is an American "cure")- my grandma used to put a little brandy in with the tea, although years later my mom confessed that was just to put us to sleep 😆
    All green! 💯 Woo hoo👏🏻👏🏻 Great sleep and look at all of those steps!!

@BRGking
    Congratulations on your HUGE loss and incredible step day 👏🏻👏🏻

@Poobah1972
    Way to go with your new personal best!!!! I'm sorry to hear about the leg cramps and restless leg syndrome, hopefully the increased electrolytes will do the trick. You're doing amazing - every day 👏🏻👏🏻

@lmf1012
    Wow, another super high step day!!! Congrats on getting a rower 🎉 it seems to be the machine of the year. This morning on my walk, I saw the crew team rowing (drums beating, coach encouraging).

@Tazaria87
    Another all ✅ day👏🏻👏🏻 That's so great that you took the kids to a new playground, and that you are still going for a second walk 👏🏻👏🏻 I hope the kids had a great day at camp.

Great question Linda! Something new that I started today. I am moderating the amount of walking I'm doing on days when I plan on getting on the bike also. I am also listening to inspirational podcasts or audiobooks, tracking calories, trying to stick to eating healthier, getting in exercise and as much water as I can before I float away.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm so very sorry to hear about your hips. I hope you feel better in the morning 🤗 I'm glad you are taking a rest.

@363days
    Thank you for sharing that! It was very interesting. I remember, years (ok, decades ago) hearing that walking backwards is better for you. I was always afraid of falling though 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I"ll try this in the house tonight- with clapping. Have you tried it yet?
    Thank you, I thought it was funny too 😆

@rwood566
    Yes, you are right. It will come right back off again. I'm sure it's a bit frustrating, I know. Please know thought that you reinforced good habits at the zoo, walking and not eating their food. Those two things alone did more good for you 🤗
    Thank you for sharing the funny daily holidays! I thought you were going to say that since it's Donald Duck day, you should walk around with no pants 😲

@BRGking
    Congratulations on being in FIRST PLACE and on your loss👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

@emking517
    Congratulations on your loss 👏🏻👏🏻 well done. Have fun doing Zumba during nap time 🤩

@mszoueb
    That's pretty impressive that you are still gardening in this hot and humid weather. I've never used a meal prep service, they look awesome though. I don't know if this service is offered by you, at our local grocery stores they have refrigerated bins with all of the ingredients needed for a specific meal along with the recipe card. I do spend quite a bit of time researching new recipes that I hope my family will like. A lot of the meal prep sites will give you the recipes for free, but then you need to get your own ingredients. Let us know what you decide 🤩

@888Angie888
    Yowzaaa! That's a lot of steps!! That's a great way to walk and listen to music (or natural sounds) 👏🏻👏🏻
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Wednesday
    PW: 192.6
    CW: 193.7
    LTD: 58.9 pounds (SW 252.6)

I kind of expected that because I was up a little the last two days. I suspect the strength training since others seem to have seen that in the past. Hopefully it'll be back down next week!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hate to post and run... Gota run. Chest/Triceps and shoulders tonight. 👍🤓

We also have a brand new fancy pedestal fan in room. Pretty much took care of the excessive sweating. Feels good.

Kay good night folks. 🤗🤠

51xcyyc99o4w.png
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Yes, I've walked backwards for a few steps in the past but didn't realize it was doing any good. @TheresaM787 I tried it today in the house and the dogs were really confused and kept getting in the way. I like the idea that it will help my knees and my brain so I'm going to keep trying
    @poohbah1972 haha - I'm with you...I'm not ready to take it outdoors, yet.
    @emking517 congrats on your weight loss
    @iradi8 I bet you feel good doing the strength training. It seems to help my frame of mind when I work on increasing muscle.

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I decided to go back to zumba today after staying out for a couple of months from when I fell on the ice. I was very excited to get back in the groove. With the help of acupuncture I think I'm ready to do more. I got to the class and the room was empty. They have changed the schedule but I'm going to hit it tomorrow morning. I ended up doing the stair stepper and NEVER figured out how to work it....I just kept stepping.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles 👎 32 minutes, 8 miles
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 32 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 10,100

@363days
    That's hilarious about the dogs being confused. I did about 200 steps backwards. It felt a bit strange, but I did it in my house so I felt secure. I needed to get to 10,000 steps, so my last two hundred steps were backwards steps (apparently my fitness tracker is a bit slow).

Today, I created a Summer Screentime checklist for the kidabunks to earn screentime. It worked pretty well today, hoping it goes well tomorrow too. I was able to get a few items ticked off the checklist: 3.5 mile walk ✅, ride ✅, arms ✅, tracking and under ✅✅, one load of laundry ✅, read with each kidabunk ✅✅. I need to start decluttering again. I feel like I'm always decluttering, obviously I'm not doing it well enough or I wouldn't have to keep doing it. My sister has this "toss everything" policy. I tend to hold onto things. I'm in the process of listening to The Happiness Project. It keeps getting mentioned on some of the podcasts. One of the first things they suggest is to declutter. Does anyone have any decluttering secrets? Other than "does it spark joy?" 😆
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    You leave at 5:30? Ok, so many questions:

What time do you wake up?
    What time do you go to bed?
    HOW did you get your daughter to walk that long with you?
    Can you convince my kids to do the same?

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling the pain during & after your walks. I need to suck it up buttercup. You both are amazing inspirations! That's another great benefit of morning walks on IF, not peeing. I am so envious of all of your alone walking time together. 🤗

Yes I leave the house between 5:30 and 5:45am....My alarm is set at 5:00am...we both get up change clothes ..put up our hair or leave it down ....brush our teeth ...and out the door we go .... We usually go to bed around 11pm .....She has PE in school where she has to do PE logs and send them in .... and she also loves our walks ....she is like me in many ways ...she gets up and just walks with me and we talk and talk and talk so times goes by fast ...On my way to convince your kids to walk with you, me , my daughter and my husky :p ....I am hoping I can resume to our walks in the morning ...I took a pain pill this afternoon and crashed ...just woke up about 5 minutes ago ...Tomorrow is the last day of my daughter's home school.... she has all A's and one B ....Proud mama ...I still can't not believe she will be a Junior in August
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    . It keeps getting mentioned on some of the podcasts. One of the first things they suggest is to declutter. Does anyone have any decluttering secrets? Other than "does it spark joy?" 😆

I always ask myself is this something I can live without ...If I can then it goes in a pile for The Salvation Army or another one like them :)
This discussion has been closed.