Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Awesome steps yesterday! I hear my daughter always complaining about iPads so it is tough. Mari, our previous captain, had one of those trampoline things. I don’t think that would be so good on my knee. After a knee replacement there are certain you are not supposed to do. I think the bounce won’t be good. I will figure it out.

@lcfa5317
    Great job on tracking and exercising.

@azkunk
    I am so glad the IF is working out for you. When you decide to do something your drive to get it done impresses me every time.

@Beverly2Hansen
    Great day meeting all your goals. @Megan_smartiepants1970 should be able to convert the jogging in place to steps.

@amymartin555
    Amazing steps! When using kettlebells to you have a routine or follow a video? Even though I have used them in the past with a trainer, I wouldn’t have a clue how to start.

@rwood566
    I love how you plan and fit special treats like ice cream in your day. Nice work in the gym!

@roz0810
    Your getting lots of use on the treadmill. Awesome day!

@Poobah1972
    Luckily, we have air conditioning included with our rent. So I can run it as much as I need without worrying about the hydro bill. I am impressed that you walked in the humidity. We are getting thunderstorms later today in southern Ontario so I hope it cools things off a little. Another great burn for you today.

Thanks! For kettlebells I have watched alot of videos on different exercises they but I just pick about 4 and do so many of each and then repeat until I finish. Nothing fancy. I figure it has to help.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    When it is very hot outside, I will sometimes walk the dogs after dark. Rather than a flashlight, I use a headlamp. They don't cost much, and they are very light. I don't usually like things on my head, but the headlamp that I wear at night is wonderful!
    Love that meme with the dog! That is hilarious!

@Poobah1972
    Thank you for being the newest team motivator! You are perfect for the job!

@Beautyofdreams
    I would like the recipe as well so I can give it to my daughter:)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,257 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 3 hour 24 minute walk .... 8.16 miles and burned 1037 over 20,000 ...we went a different route that we had never taken before ... out in the country with new homes :) ...time to go soak my feet in an espson foot bath ...my foot with the screw in it is bothering me along with my toes

Good job on that walk!

Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,257 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @iradi8 excellent work avoiding the pitfalls. I think I would have failed.

@Tazaria87 you do so much every day. I'd probably get worn out just watching a video of you. Amazing work all the time.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 wow!! How far is the next town?

Today I've started thinking of working towards the local Komen 3 day walk. I'd like to do it either this year or next. The drawback that is keeping me out is they require 2000 in donations per entry.
    I spent about 1 1/2 hours at the zoo today. They opened a new hummingbird exhibit and kimoto dragon set-up. Very nice but small. Walked across the park and watched the elephants and then walked back. Didn't need to rest. Woohoo.

About 15 miles away
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012
    Another terrific step day Joni👏🏻👏🏻

@Tazaria87
    Wow Ashley 🎉 it was a huge five for five day for you 🙌🏻 That was a terrific idea walking the kids to the playground, letting them run around and play, then walking back. I know I've said this before, I love how you and your folks go for walks. How close do you live to one another?
    That soup sounds so delicious, PLUS yummy homemade bread! What a day you had!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Congratulations on that super long walk👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 How do you walk for 3 hours and 24 minutes? How? How are you not stopping to pee?🤣 How is your legs, back, hip, not hurting? Please tell me that it's conditioning, that you've built your way up. I'm sorry that your foot was in pain, stupid screw. You are really an inspiration. I'm so impressed that the three of you go for such LLLOOOOOONNNNGGG walks together.

@lindamtuck2018
    Well done on your walk 👏🏻👏🏻 and you walked even further! Oh no, I guess your head cold didn't go away. I hope some hot tea and honey will make you feel better.

@888Angie888
    Another incredibly high step day 👏🏻👏🏻 Do you walk and listen to podcasts or music or just silence?

@littleflutterby
    You are hilarious, waiting to weigh yourself until after you, um do your business 😆 that's another fine loss Tanya! You're going to hit that goal real soon.

@amymartin555
    That's a great idea, you made your own kettlebell routine to suit your needs 😃

@iradi8
    That's a great idea🙌🏻, walking the dogs at night AND using a headlamp to keep your hands free. Thank you, that meme made me laugh too.
    Sloan, that was terrific planning yesterday, bringing snacks and water with you while in the car and away from the house. Look at the well defined mindset you developed! You stayed true to your plan as best you could, grabbed a bottle of water from the gas station, had a snack bar and shake already packed, AND didn't give in to fast food 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I hope you gave yourself some pats on the back, if not here you go 🙌🏻 🙌🏻! Great job introducing strength training into your routine, and again well done today 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 yayyy Sloan!!

@rwood566
    Wow, that sounds crazy! You're one dedicated walker - 3 days! It sounds like you had a terrific day at the zoo today, all of those steps and while getting to see the animals. Is the zoo close by?

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP 5 STEPPERS
    1st @amymartin555- 174,689 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 135,895 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 - 117,809 steps
    4th @TheresaM787 - 116,000 steps
    5th @Beverly2Hansen - 90,033 steps

🎉A BIG THANK YOU TO MEGAN FOR KEEPING TRACK OF ALL OF OUR STEPS! 🎉
    Congratulations to everyone who pledged steps and sent their numbers in 👏🏻👏🏻
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    @iradi8
    Well done resisting all those food cues. Are you doing your strength training at home? It certainly could cause water retention.

@rwood566
    That is a great NSV in walking without needing a rest.

@TheresaM787
    That’s quite the walk. Well done! I would be too tired to do anything let alone mop my floors. You are definitely a beast.

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 will get the recipe sent to you tomorrow in messages. Water weight gain is common when you start a weight program. It is will go away as you progress further along.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

@Tazaria87
    Wow Ashley 🎉 it was a huge five for five day for you 🙌🏻 That was a terrific idea walking the kids to the playground, letting them run around and play, then walking back. I know I've said this before, I love how you and your folks go for walks. How close do you live to one another?
    That soup sounds so delicious, PLUS yummy homemade bread! What a day you had!

We live just a few miles away from each other! And then just a mile further past my parents' place is the lake where we walk. They just put it in a couple years ago and are still developing it with more entrances. It's pretty awesome. Pretty soon a new entrance will actually be opened that's on the road by my parents' neighborhood so it will be even faster to get to.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    No time to read all of the posts. Day 5 of IF is in the books. The scale was up again today but I am not surprised. That low number yesterday was the surprise. Just seeing it again was enough ... for now. We'll see what tomorrow holds.
This discussion has been closed.