Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,744 Member
    Options
    We are off to go walking ....Today is my daughter's last day of school until August YAY !! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Question:

Is anyone having trouble with their food diary? I just noticed when I closed mine it said I was over when I was well below. Also, sometimes I delete a food and when I come back it is added again.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    ✅Steps 7,043
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I am in a mood this morning. It is so hard to not let the scales bother me. I know the scales can go up and down but I am still stuck at the 212 mark. I have been stuck there for a while. Unless I get a whoosh tomorrow I will show a gain for the week. My calorie average is below my goal, I weigh and measure everything and I am walking even while in pain so I cant increase my steps any further. Please, if you have any ideas let me know. I would really appreciate it. I would love to hit onderland before we go to Newfoundland.

Off for a walk and today I am going to get a tea. I am trying walking a different route to Tim Hortons.

Have an awesome Thursday!

Decided to edit this to add some NSV’s.
    1)Insulin has gone down another 2 units to 14
    2) I have increased my step goal from 3,500 to 6,000 over the last 6 months
    3) I don’t give up
    4) I sleep a lot better
    5) I can do things with my grandkids that I couldn’t do before such as go for a walk

Trust me, I understand the mood! While I do not expect the scale to drop on a daily basis, I do expect it to drop most weeks as I know I have a deficit. It can be super frustrating when the scale gets stuck on a number for awhile. Not sure I have any great insights, this last 10 days for me, I just had to keep doing what I know should work and wait it out. I think our bodies are much more sophisticated than we give them credit for and probably find ways of being efficient on a deficit before they give up and release some of the fat (at least that is what I keep telling myself lol)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Question:

Is anyone having trouble with their food diary? I just noticed when I closed mine it said I was over when I was well below. Also, sometimes I delete a food and when I come back it is added again.

Sometimes when I add a food, it puts it in there twice and I have to delete the duplicate. Is that why it says you're over?
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Poobah1972 I'm 6-3. Shrunk an inch. I'm hoping to stay at 1800 cal for maintenance, but will be ok at 2000.

@lindamtuck2018 I go 2-3 times a week but it depends on daughter wanting to go as well. I would take the weight gain for the week, look back at Theresa's fight with her scale, and slow down for a couple days. Your body is getting used to what you are doing. Time for a curve ball. That's just my weird mind thinking, though.

@TheresaM787 that scale owes its life to your son. I'm glad he snapped you out of that state of mind. That story is exactly why I said i put a stuffed tiger on my scale. That tiger bit you hard that day.

@Bluetail6 welcome home at long last. I hope you slept about 12 hours to refresh your spirit before reading these. We here knew how much you were doing since you kept us informed fairly well. Sometimes we can't see it ourselves since we are currently living it. You did amazing things. Just don't tell "he who must not be named" that someone besides him is amazing. Lol My hat is off to you for all the drive and compassion you showed on your trip.

So many new outstanding step counts yesterday.

I hope everyone can enjoy a cool ice tea like linda on national ice tea day. Don't forget to grab a couple ears of corn for tomorrow while you're buying your ice tea at Tim horton.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you, I'll try that. It sounds like you're a lot like my sister in that way. She's great at decluttering, she tosses so much. I even have boxes of stuff that I saved for the kids that have stuff they will not have any interest in, I need to thin those out too. Todays plan is to donate the stuff that I have been holding onto to deliver once the pandemic is over, and to go through those boxes of the kids (of course also try to get the rest of my to do list done).

@red1185
    I know how frustrating that evil contraption of measurement is. It's not right that a machine has so much power over us. I remember one time, getting so upset at the machine which will not be named, that I almost tossed it in the garbage can (the outside 4' tall city garbage can). As I was stomping down the steps to toss the blasted thing, my son came up to me and asked what I'm doing. I regrettably yelled what I was doing. I still remember this, he told me to wait and that I told him that a math test doesn't show everything that he's good at math, it's just a little peek into what that months lessons were. He asked if there were other things that showed my weight loss. He's just a kid. I was stunned. He was right. There are all of those powerful NSVs. YOU have terrific NSVs Rachel! You're repeatedly hitting your step goal 👏🏻👏🏻 you're learning how to moderate treats (and that was a tough one) 👏🏻👏🏻 you're being careful about what you're eating to stay within your budget 👏🏻👏🏻 and you walked on the treadmill for AN HOUR 🙌🏻🙌🏻. Keep going! You're doing amazing Rachel 🤗

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you Linda, we needed the screentime checklist. My kids became addicted to their devices. They'd watch YouTube all day if I let them (not the educational or instructional videos, the ridiculously silly ones). My daughter loves checking things off of a list. My son needs a list to remind him what he needs to do.
    That's a good indicator also. I have to try that. I'll be starting my decluttering of my bedroom today and then onto the dreaded closet.

@Beautyofdreams
    Bebe it sounds like you created a fantastic workout plan 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm glad you're enjoying it, that seems to be the trick to making an exercise plan stick- if you enjoy it, you'll be more likely to continue it. Good luck with your (hopefully) final skin graft. Yes, that trail sounds so amazing! I Googled to see if we have one, nope. Just yours and it looks incredible! When you are able to walk it, please remember to take a picture.

@amymartin555
    Way to go Amy 👏🏻👏🏻 another really high step day. I'm going to get there one day. Meanwhile, I love seeing the posts of everyone's steps- it's so inspiring 🤩 You hit all of your daily goals 👏🏻👏🏻 steps ✅ jumps ✅ sleep ✅ under calorie goal ✅ and measurements ✅. Do a dance, you earned it🙌🏻

@iradi8
    Another highly motivating post of steps! Thank you Sloan for sharing 👏🏻👏🏻 every day you walked over 10,000 steps 🎉

@rwood566
    Here comes another amazing step day! Nicely done Roger, all of those steps PLUS the steps from the treadmill, and the bike for 15 minutes, and three or four machines at the gym 👏🏻👏🏻 That's still a really low calorie day, and like you said you're under what MFP gives you 🤩 Good luck with the apnea test.

@Beverly2Hansen
    The streak is not broken, here is another high step day 👏🏻👏🏻 Plus you hit two additional goals of water and staying within your deficit ✅✅ Way to go Bebe 🎉

@Bluetail6
    Sleep well Lee. I'm glad the appointments went well. Rest up 🤗

@roz0810
    Yes, yes it will 🤗. How did you do with your steps yesterday? Did you use your treadmill or walk the dogs?

I woke up really early today so that I can go through posts while having coffee, it's now time to get those sneakers on and get out the door. Keep hitting those daily goals everyone. You are doing amazing. Chat later!

Thank you SO MUCH for the encouragement! It really means a lot! Y’all are always so helpful and supportive. ❤️
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Check in for Wednesday
    ✅Steps 7,043
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I am in a mood this morning. It is so hard to not let the scales bother me. I know the scales can go up and down but I am still stuck at the 212 mark. I have been stuck there for a while. Unless I get a whoosh tomorrow I will show a gain for the week. My calorie average is below my goal, I weigh and measure everything and I am walking even while in pain so I cant increase my steps any further. Please, if you have any ideas let me know. I would really appreciate it. I would love to hit onderland before we go to Newfoundland.

Off for a walk and today I am going to get a tea. I am trying walking a different route to Tim Hortons.

Have an awesome Thursday!

Decided to edit this to add some NSV’s.
    1)Insulin has gone down another 2 units to 14
    2) I have increased my step goal from 3,500 to 6,000 over the last 6 months
    3) I don’t give up
    4) I sleep a lot better
    5) I can do things with my grandkids that I couldn’t do before such as go for a walk

Trust me, I understand the mood! While I do not expect the scale to drop on a daily basis, I do expect it to drop most weeks as I know I have a deficit. It can be super frustrating when the scale gets stuck on a number for awhile. Not sure I have any great insights, this last 10 days for me, I just had to keep doing what I know should work and wait it out. I think our bodies are much more sophisticated than we give them credit for and probably find ways of being efficient on a deficit before they give up and release some of the fat (at least that is what I keep telling myself lol)

I think part of my problem is I lost so easy at the beginning. It was like I was melting. I don’t know if age is a factor. I turn 57 next week so I am closing in on 60. I like the idea the body is holding on to the fat cells and poof it releases them. I am going to let this be my mantra.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    There was no duplicates. I checked when I saw that it said I was over. Weird. What a high step day! That is amazing throwing in some jogging.

@rwood566
    That’s scary trying not to go for a walk but I am going to think about it. What did you say last week, obsession or dedication? I do have some dumbbells somewhere. I wonder if I dug them out and did a arm workout would it give me the jolt I need. I do have a balcony so I could give the scales a good jolt.

@888Angie888
    Fantastic loss! Great job on your goals.

Ok back to chopping up my meat and veggies into tiny little pieces so hubby can eat them. It must burn calories as it takes forever. 🤷‍♀️
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 224.0

WHooooo hOoooo for Angie! Nice loss! 👍😎
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do have a balcony so I could give the scales a good jolt.

AHAhahaha You made me Snort! 😅

This discussion has been closed.