Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    ❌Steps 3,778
    ✅Sleep
    ❌Walk

I got quite a few things checked off my list yesterday. I am a little disappointed in myself as I had a small binge last night. I have a pain killer that makes me so hungry. I only take it on occasion for that reason. Tuesday night I was ok with it but last night watch out. 🤷‍♀️ Anyways, the doctor gave me a new one last night that hopefully gives relief without the eating. She also said I am pushing myself too much. I don’t agree with her on that.

I am off to do physio and then walk to the market. I may walk to Tim Hortons for a tea after the market. We will see.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Binges happen, if it was one of us you'd give us some good advice about accepting and moving past to enjoy the rest of our day (you always see the good in us), so.... um, right back at ya.
    Really. Really? You don't agree with your doctor saying that you are pushing yourself, "I am off to do photo and then walk to the market. I may walk to Tim Hortons for a tea after the market." 😆 🤗 You're constantly on the move. Now, this is all said with admiration. You are truly an inspiration.
    Good Morning awesome team .... I am playing the waiting game for the a/c guy... I have no idea when he is going to be showing up so I rescheduled my podiatrist appointment for today... I will see him next month ...I am okay with that since my feet are not hurting since we have not been walking ....As for my weight well the scale is still not cooperating...I am not sure what is going on but I will be talking to my GP in August about it ... I measure everything on a food scale ... I am eating 1500 calories or less ...yes my carbs are up but I am eating healthy-ish stuff ...I am not getting it ...but I promise I will not give up like I have done in the past ... I am just frustrated ...There is no need to call my surgeon ..I am not in pain from my hernia so there is no issue there ...I am beyond baffled

I'm glad that your foot isn't hurting. My feet hurt for yours after seeing those step numbers you post 😆 I wish there was a true formula for weight loss, that's why I love math. You're exercising, eating to your deficit (usually under) and sleeping. That's the formula to lose weight. It doesn't add up. Hopefully your GP will know. Do you think you're under eating? My brother-in-law was on WW and wasn't losing weight. He mentioned that he kept having all of these points leftover at the end of the week. I asked if he ever asked one of the other WW members or coaches if he may be under eating, turns out once he started eating more of his budgeted calories he started losing weight. I'm baffled too.

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Spent the morning contacting my drs. for medical release forms. Lunch was with my mom and sister then afternoon having skin grafts. Did not exercise as I need to get info back from drs ASAP. Had strawberry pancakes tonight which put me over for today but had several days of deficit so should balance out.

@missysave06 happy belated birthday. The gain is most likely water weight and should be gone by next weigh in.

@Tanzaria87 happy 8th anniversary to you and your husband. Wishing you a lovely evening.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @888Angie888
    Phenomenal step day 22,283👏🏻👏🏻 congratulations on your loss! Your Run the Streak sounds like a great plan, I'll try it when the weather gets a bit cooler (that's my diversion tactic). Thanks, I actually used that on my hubby today "slow miles is better than no miles" (yeah, I know, I know, but the correct grammar didn't flow). 15,000 step goal- impressive! How long are you mediating for? What type are you doing? I tried it about two years ago, but I only lasted for about two weeks. No hooch- you've got some serious will power. I admire your dedication 🤩

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Fantastic 90 minute walk and over 3 and a half miles 🙌🏻🙌🏻 PLUS 99 minutes of swimming laps!! Holy guacamole - that's a lot of exercise🤩

@rlaskey2
    Yeahhhh Rachel 🙌🏻👏🏻 11,328 steps!! Congrats on your fifth grader stepping on up on middle school.

@Beautyofdreams
    You had a busy day today! Docs, family lunch, skin grafts, plus all that traveling back and forth. Those strawberry pancakes sound delicious. On the Halfsize Me podcast, Heather (the host) talks about moving around her calories during the week to allow for more substantial days.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    ❌Steps 3,778
    ✅Sleep
    ❌Walk

I got quite a few things checked off my list yesterday. I am a little disappointed in myself as I had a small binge last night. I have a pain killer that makes me so hungry. I only take it on occasion for that reason. Tuesday night I was ok with it but last night watch out. 🤷‍♀️ Anyways, the doctor gave me a new one last night that hopefully gives relief without the eating. She also said I am pushing myself too much. I don’t agree with her on that.

I am off to do physio and then walk to the market. I may walk to Tim Hortons for a tea after the market. We will see.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Binges happen, if it was one of us you'd give us some good advice about accepting and moving past to enjoy the rest of our day (you always see the good in us), so.... um, right back at ya.
    Really. Really? You don't agree with your doctor saying that you are pushing yourself, "I am off to do photo and then walk to the market. I may walk to Tim Hortons for a tea after the market." 😆 🤗 You're constantly on the move. Now, this is all said with admiration. You are truly an inspiration.
    Good Morning awesome team .... I am playing the waiting game for the a/c guy... I have no idea when he is going to be showing up so I rescheduled my podiatrist appointment for today... I will see him next month ...I am okay with that since my feet are not hurting since we have not been walking ....As for my weight well the scale is still not cooperating...I am not sure what is going on but I will be talking to my GP in August about it ... I measure everything on a food scale ... I am eating 1500 calories or less ...yes my carbs are up but I am eating healthy-ish stuff ...I am not getting it ...but I promise I will not give up like I have done in the past ... I am just frustrated ...There is no need to call my surgeon ..I am not in pain from my hernia so there is no issue there ...I am beyond baffled

I'm glad that your foot isn't hurting. My feet hurt for yours after seeing those step numbers you post 😆 I wish there was a true formula for weight loss, that's why I love math. You're exercising, eating to your deficit (usually under) and sleeping. That's the formula to lose weight. It doesn't add up. Hopefully your GP will know. Do you think you're under eating? My brother-in-law was on WW and wasn't losing weight. He mentioned that he kept having all of these points leftover at the end of the week. I asked if he ever asked one of the other WW members or coaches if he may be under eating, turns out once he started eating more of his budgeted calories he started losing weight. I'm baffled too.

Thanks Theresa ... I am definitely not under eating ... I eat 1500 or less and all or most of my exercise calories
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    13,272 yesterday 6/26
    Today 13,389
    2minutes of elbow plank in total
    30 step ups per leg
    My walking incorporated my attempting to run. I did better than most newbies but can't run 2 miles so I jogged and walked that part.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'd like to dismiss myself from the step challenge please for now. thank you
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    That's good to hear (that you are eating your calories). I wonder why... scratching my head over here.

@Beverly2Hansen
    Phenomenal couple of days for you- two days well over 13,000 👏🏻👏🏻 Way to go incorporating running into your walking routine. Years ago, before kids, I did a couch to 5k program. That was really helpful in training my lungs and body to run. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Plus your 2 minute plank and step ups 👏🏻👏🏻 You're a training machine!

@roz0810
    We're here for you 🤗 I hope you're ok 🤗
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/17 steps 11,175

I did not wake up early for my walk this morning which means I will have to do it this evening after the sun goes down some. I just needed a little extra sleep this morning
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 11,328

Got my workout done then the kids were home from school and out for the summer. Spent the rest of the day at parties to celebrate 5th grade graduation.

Great job fitting in workout during a busy day.

90 minute walk this morning and 99 minutes of swimming ...@lindamtuck2018 I use a pool noodle and also do laps

Wow! Don’t think I could swim laps for over 1.5 hours. Great job!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    13,272 yesterday 6/26
    Today 13,389
    30 step ups per leg
    My walking incorporated my attempting to run. I did better than most newbies but can't run 2 miles so I jogged and walked that part.

Bebe! Your firing on all cylinders, stepping up your game. You are the sum of your actions, and your actions dictate you will be all round amazing lady! Good for you! 😎👍🔥🔥🔥
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 13,331

Slept in late then spent the afternoon at a friends pool. I have been burnt out cooking lately. Headed to grocery store to stock up today and try to get easier things to make than my sometimes elaborate recipes I make.

I heard "Friends Pool"... Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. Have an amazing day Rachel! 😃
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/17 steps 11,175

I did not wake up early for my walk this morning which means I will have to do it this evening after the sun goes down some. I just needed a little extra sleep this morning

Sleeping in is wonderful in it's own right. Enjoy those Z's and make your shoes pay later! 😄😋
    roz0810 wrote: »
    like to dismiss myself from the step challenge please for now. thank you

Been there done that! We all find motivation in different ways, Steps just don't do it for me personally. You got this Roz, it all happens just one day at a time. 👍🤗
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Spent the morning contacting my drs. for medical release forms. Lunch was with my mom and sister then afternoon having skin grafts. Did not exercise as I need to get info back from drs ASAP. Had strawberry pancakes tonight which put me over for today but had several days of deficit so should balance out.

@missysave06 happy belated birthday. The gain is most likely water weight and should be gone by next weigh in.

@Tanzaria87 happy 8th anniversary to you and your husband. Wishing you a lovely evening.

You had a busy day. Is this your last skin graft? You are sure right that the calories balance out through the week.

Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles 👎 nope, not even close- took 35 minutes today
    Steps- 10,000 ✅ 11,300
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 35 minutes, 8 miles, low effort
    Steps 11,300

Today was AWESOME! This morning after coffee, my hubby and I went on a quick 1.5 mile walk. We came home, grabbed the kids for a photo scavenger hunt around the neighborhood. We are working on their Summer Bucket List and I added a scavenger hunt as a way to get more exercise into their day (evil villain laugh). We each took a kidabunk and let them lead the way around the neighborhood to take pictures of the items. Goal was to make it back in one hour. My daughter and I walked for 2.3 miles, with frequent stops to take pictures. Came home, we made mushroom scallion omelettes for breakfast. Read our chapters for school. Created some videos of the kiddos reading picture books for their itty bitty cousins. Made roasted tomatoes and feta (chickpea) pasta for dinner, with a romaine and mini bell peppers salad. Gotta go, almost time to read to put the littles to bed.

I still think doing 8 miles in 35 minutes is fantastic. Sounds like you had a great day with the kids and fit exercise in for them. I might still the scavenger hunt for the next time the girls are over. That’s if I get get the oldest to put down her phone. The joys of having a teenager around. You had a delicious day.

13,272 yesterday 6/26
    Today 13,389
    30 step ups per leg

Great exercise day!

lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/17 steps 11,175

Nice steps! I think sleeping in is important if our body wants it.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Fantastic Friday Y'all! 🤠

So, I hate to admit but I did the Ole 2 x Melatonin + Extra Strength Liquid Aleve + Shot of Nyquil and Wammo, I was out for the night. In an effort to stave off any kind of dependency, I have to forgo taking anything at all the next day. This is how I justify it. So, sue me. lol 😋

Sleep score of 91 and 8 Hours and 2 minutes later..... Tah DAaaaahhhhh! Totally refreshed and ready to take on the world! 😃

Elliptical day 4...

I completed the full damned 30 minutes.... OH yeah! Watch also seemed to work pretty well, except for maybe one section. But Nothing to complain about. Watching a Movie with Audio, surely helped. Cause there is nothing worse than having nothing but a clock to watch. Sure, I wanted to quit a bunch of times but I guess that's normal. The last 10 minutes were the worst. Last 5 was even worser (yes that's a word in these here parts 😆).

For what it's worth, I Elliptical in the dark... I'm watching a movie after all. Duh! 😉

When it was over, I climbed down (yes, it's a climb) sat down for a 1 minute, drank water, and then dragged my *kitten* up those 2 flights of stairs and sat on the Bed. That's where I press stop on the timer, and disrobe. Then I kind of strewn my body out on the bed... Basking in the wind of our bedroom fan as I enjoyed the feeling of the endorphins coursing through my brain and body as I stare mindlessly at the ceiling. Very relaxing time to say the least. 😊

LEG DAY After work...

Plan... Good Slep? YES!.. More food packed for lunch? YES!.. Going to giver *kitten*? HELL YES!

Have a fantastic Friday All! 😎🤗🤗🤗😀
    7qyap12exu9u.png

You gotta do what it takes to get sleep. You are a beast. 30 minutes on the elliptical is amazing. I would be dead after 5 minutes. I feel so out of balance when I try the elliptical.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    yspvlkts13rp.jpeg
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

No kidding there is a difference... Amazing work Linda! What I see is three beautiful young ladies! 😃🤗
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

They do say our brain can take awhile to catch up to our bodies because I see a huge difference!! There is significantly more definition around your neck and face, you look years younger, not older!!
This discussion has been closed.