Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Steps 14/6

I did my dancing to get some steps and ended up doing about 45 minutes!
    Planning on doing some exercise earlier in the day so I'm not sweating my face off at 11.30 at night haha
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Yay team!!! We are the big losers for the week!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

6/14 steps 10,462

I am finding my groove with walking every day. Also just getting into a routine with lifting. Yesterday I squatted 65lbs, overhead pressed 30, and deadlifted 70. Not too shabby for a weak girl!

Oh yeahhhh! (Do you see the big pitcher of red KoolAid Breaking through a brick wall?) That’s awesome 10,462 steps AND walking every day (hello new habit) AND an additional lifting routine 👏👏
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ....Happy Tuesday .... I decided to not walk today ....I was up most of the night with my hips hurting .... I took a pain pill last night but even that didn't help ... I will be meal prepping today ... I bought myself so glass containers so I can stack them in the fridge and see what I have .... I might also do an exercise video or dvd

A wise decision I'm sure! :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good morning :)

Tanyaflutterby
    Tuesdays
    PW- 290.0
    CW- 287.8
    LTD- 87.2lb

I was in the 290s for TOOOOO LONGGGGG and I'm so happy to finally be out of it!!!! I do NOT wanna be back in there haha

YAHOOoooooooOOOOOO! :smiley:
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    ✅Steps 8,604
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I don’t think I will get a walk in today. I don’t want to be hurting too much to enjoy my birthday lunch and shopping with my daughter and granddaughters. I am so excited to sit on a patio and order food. Off to look at menus to pick where I want to go.

Have a Super Tuesday!

Well done Linda!! Three for three 👏👏👏 AND look how you blew away your step goal 🙌🙌

Enjoy your birthday lunch out and shopping with the ladies of the family 💕

🎈 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @lindamtuck2018 ...I hope you have an amazing day :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Happy Birthday!!!🎁🎊🎉🎂💐
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/14: 18,542
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 10,744

Got my workout in and had my daughters 5th grade graduation. I was not feeling making dinner so through together a pizza with the two ingredient dough. Wasn’t my best, I think I am out of practice.

What a day Rachel!! Well over 10,000 steps AND your daughter graduated 5th grade 👏👏👏 How did you both do?
    You crack me up- you didn’t feel like making dinner, so you made homemade pizza 🤣🤩 that’s still dinner in our house 😂😆
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Steps 6/14: 18,542

Woo hoo! Another huge step day 👏👏👏👏
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who lost this past week! Team Downsizers is awesome!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 I'm thinking of doing a "komen 3 day walk". They are put on in several cities throughout the year. You walk 20 miles a day, sleep in tents, and repeat 2 more days. The walkers don't put up the tents. Support crews handle all of that. It raises money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer. There are survivors, patients, supporters, and friends/family of those who passed all walking. Each night is a big get together to cheer survivors, etc. It's really something to behold. Lots of people from all over town show up along the route to cheer everyone on. It's normally done in the fall here but they don't know if it will be done this year. The state just dropped all covid orders today. No more masks if vaccinated unless the building still requires them, like hospitals. I'm definitely aiming for next year, even if I can't raise the money required. I would just walk by myself on my own course.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a heart monitor until noon tomorrow. No exercise, washing, swimming. I will have to walk around here to get some dizzy spells to hit so they can see them. Had to sit down while the tech was putting them on. Heart rate got up to 121 and was sweating a lot without a shirt on a cold room. Tech didn't like me needing to sit. I had to explain that is exactly what happens before I get very light headed. They accepted it then.

I got in a short dumbbell workout before I went. 96 degrees outside right now.
This discussion has been closed.