Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012
    Way to go with those steps!! I hope you found some shade during your walks.

@Poobah1972
    Fingers crossed that your bread turns out delicious! You're doing amazing 👏🏻👏🏻

@lindamtuck2018
    Enjoy those amazing grandchildren of yours. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,428 Member
    Options
    Check in for 6/12
    Steps 19,454 . Went grocery shopping . I have been doing good not buying too much junk food. I buy cookies and stuff like that for my husband and son to take in lunches for work but not for me. I have 1 package that I can have some if I want but I am doing good staying out of them. If I want chocolate I eat one of my protein bars. The ones I have are very good. I also can have an ice cream sandwich which are only 140 calories. I don't want to deprive myself . That just doesn't end well.
    I also went swimming for 1 1/2 hours. It was great exercise! I even did my 1000 jumps in there and my legs got tired but my knees didn't hurt.
    I hope to get in some swimming again today. Have a good day everyone!!

Was your swimming leisure, moderate effort , treading water or vigorous effort ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning team!! It’s a fantastic day for healthy habits and taking great care of ourselves.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/12 steps 8,618

Planning an early morning walk as it’s already getting steamy outside here.

Man I am screwing up people's steps this week ...I apologize but I do not have steps for 6/11 ... Sorry if I missed it
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning team!! It’s a fantastic day for healthy habits and taking great care of ourselves.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/12 steps 8,618

Planning an early morning walk as it’s already getting steamy outside here.

Man I am screwing up people's steps this week ...I apologize but I do not have steps for 6/11 ... Sorry if I missed it

I could have forgot to post 6/11, I try to remember every day

6/11 steps 9,865

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    tmrocamn5ci7.png

What is one mini goal (a goal you can hit daily)
    that you can later use as a Non-Scale Victory (NSV)?

We all know mine - drink five cups of seltzer every day (aim for eight cups).

Aim for 7,000 steps Monday to Saturday. This will be a challenge some days but I am going to try. I did it 4 days last week. I want to accomplish this by end of June.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Amazing steps! That’s so nice that your husband is walking with you and he did it 2 days in a row. Sounds like the beginning of a good habit. Maybe you can start competing with your steps. I would have loved to seen you walk like a duck. Also, well done staying in your maintenance window.

@rwood566
    It’s not very often you eat over 1800 so it will average out over the week. You still did well at the gym. Maybe if you didn’t want to eat a full breakfast before the gym you could have a protein bar or shake. I was definitely a klutz in the kitchen today so I celebrated. I still need to clean up the mess.

@roz0810
    Hope it cools down. Your steps are still great. I added you on Fitbit so maybe we could do a work week challenge this week. You up for it?

@amymartin555
    Crazy steps again. You are awesome! 👏 Swimming is great exercise. I am so jealous you get to swim. Depriving ourselves is not something we can do long term. I eat a 150 calorie bag of chips each day. Since I started this I haven’t binged. So we have to do what works. I also keep 50 calorie popsicles on hand for a cool treat.

@lmf1012
    Awesome steps! It is hard walking when it’s so humid out.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 149.4
    CW: 143.2
    LTD: 80.2

Fantastic! Over 80 pounds lost. You are such an inspiration.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    20th Consecutive Sunday fast...

Blood Ketones 1.3
    Blood Glucose 112
    GKI 4.79

Fat intake was higher yesterday on purpose, and my ketones actually dropped today... So I really don't know how any of this works. lol

Other then that... I'm making bread with a new batch of yeast. If this doesn't work, I'm taking a shotgun to the bread maker.

The rest of the day will be relax and stay of the internet day. 😆

And pray the weight loss fairy arrives over the course of the night.

I hope your bread turns out. If I see the weight loss fairy I will send her your way.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awesome steps Linda :) ...I have salmon on my menu this week also but I will be using dijon mustard and everything bagel seasoning on mine :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 I actually weighed 153.0 lbs on June 1. I gained 6 lbs the week before starting to weigh myself again while overeating due to depression for the last 3 weeks. Since June 2, I have been eating back at a 250 cal deficit and started a new weight lifting program. So bulk of weight loss was food weight, waste and glycogen and water weight. Actual fat loss is probably closer to 1 pound.

Remember the scale weighs everything.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    The most important NSV for me is learning to work through my fears and mental hang ups about weight loss. I feared people laughing at me and making comments when I started walking and lifting weights. Some people did but most ignored me and I kept going. My brain kept telling me that I couldn't walk that far but my body did it anyway. I feared family comments when I changed my eating habits and met initial resistance until they decided that a healthier diet made them feel better too and controlled their weight.

Through this journey, I have found myself mentally hung up on scale weights(I can't possibly lose more!) clothing sizes(I will never wear that clothing size!), the unresolved emotions and memories that bubbled up when I would reach certain weights, not being able to walk since starting skin grafts(You will gain your weight back!) and the thought of future maintenance(you will just gain all your weight back when you start maintenance!)

I have been able to work through these fears by researching and coming up with strategies and learning from others on MFP. @TheresaM787 thanks for the reassurance that maintenance is not really different from weight loss. Hearing that really helped me stop the self sabotage that I was engaging in to avoid reaching goal weight.

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/12: 20,158

It's been a pretty successful weekend staying (mostly) on-track. Need to get in gear and prep for the work-week. Hello laundry 🤨.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    steps steps steps :):)

i think it was just friday and saturday this week that's missing?

11/6- 10,601
    12/6- 4,716

I think that's the whole week with every day clocking in more than 4k steps!! I am getting there!

Tonight I may go for a small walk, but I've already worked 8 hours so might allow myself some rest!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I need the following steps from these people

@littleflutterby - 6/11 and 6/12
    @363days - 6/12
    @rlaskey2- 6/12
    @Tazaria87- 6/12
    @Z1ORtza- 6/6-6/12
    @Bluetail6 - 6/12
    @red1185 - 6/12
    @Beverly2Hansen - 6/12
    @BRGking - 6/11 and 6/12

Thanks for your cooperation... I will be zeroing out the steps on the evening of 6/14
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    6/12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 91oz
    Steps 4328

Busy weekend coming to a close. The house warming party yesterday was great. Got to see a lot of people we haven't seen in what feels like forever. Some friends have had babies in the past year and we got to meet their little ones. I spent the majority of my time there holding/rocking someone's baby haha. No official exercise but I didn't sit down the whole time. Today my mother in law and her husband and his son came over. Lunch was great and everyone enjoyed. When they headed out then the kids got dressed for swim and off we went. We are home now and I'm exhausted. I don't have all my steps for today but I don't know if I have the energy to get them. Still need to get the kids ready for bed.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 16,291

Did day 3 workout which was tabata. Had some friends over for cookout and fire pit. We did chicken, burgers and tons of grilled veggies instead of unhealthy side salads. It was a fun night.
This discussion has been closed.