Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @bluetail6 That trip sounds amazing - mind if I ask where you are going? Great job with weight loss.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/6 10067
    6/7 4389
    6/8 5714
    6/9 9364
    6/10 8246
    6/11 11, 508
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018... I am missing steps for 6/10 I apologize if I missed it

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/11: 19,923

Hooray for the Weekend!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,699 Member
    Options

I apologize but somehow I screwed up your steps this week... I have 6996 for the 9th ....Can you please re-post your steps for me? Thank you
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options

I apologize but somehow I screwed up your steps this week... I have 6996 for the 9th ....Can you please re-post your steps for me? Thank you

Here they are but I will get more today.

0c9uheuhrlja.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you Linda ... I missed 7043 on 6/9
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am antsy so we are going on a shorter walk ... tomorrow will be rest day as every Sunday is
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am going to go for a walk with the kids. It will be short but I will get my ✅ tomorrow. Catch up on post when we get home.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I got a funny feeling your definition of a short walk is a lot different than mine. 😂
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I got a funny feeling your definition of a short walk is a lot different than mine. 😂

Same!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

It was actually short... 67 minutes 2.81 miles and 355 calories ... It would of been longer but both of us needed to use the bathroom even though we both went before going on our walk
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    My weekly weigh in + progress report
    June 2- 146.0lbs
    June 6- 150.0lbs
    June 12- 145.8lbs
    As you can see I spent an entire week relosing weight thanks to that binge. It's a positive weigh in but I most likly did enough damage that I won't meet my goals for June with my birthday and fathers day a few days apart. That being said I'm starting to see a notable reduction in belly fat as well as upper thigh fat both of which are the places I'd like to see it most. My main goal is still 130.0lbs at which point I'll reevaluate and make new goals. I'm excited to be back on track and ready to work hard for the rest of June.

Great job on the loss! I understand gaining through binge eating. I went through a lot of stress for 5 months at the end of the year. Of course, my binge eating was awful. I gained about 30 pounds during that period. It is slowly coming off. I also have a birthday and Father’s Day in the same week. We are having a mini cake today, lunch out on Tuesday and then celebrating both occasions on Sunday. Going to try and keep damage to a minimum. Happy birthday fellow Gemini!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

@Tazaria87
    Well done today with all of your goals👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 HOW do you have energy to walk on the treadmill after you put the kids to bed? Once mine were down, I'd be done 😆 Have fun at the farmers market with your mom and the kids.

Honestly, I've learned that once the kids are in bed I need to go downstairs, put my shoes on and get on the treadmill without sitting down. Once I settle into the couch, I'm done and not likely to get back up haha.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

It was actually short... 67 minutes 2.81 miles and 355 calories ... It would of been longer but both of us needed to use the bathroom even though we both went before going on our walk

Mine ended up being 49 minutes which is long for me. I am very sorry for doing it though.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I have been sooo busy with the new job and dance recital/rehearsals. My fast streak was 7 days and I will be breaking it today. My daughter had a rehearsal yesterday. We got there are 1:00 and did not leave until 8:00. I planned some Healy snacks but did not eat dinner since it went over so long. My daughter was hungry afterwards and so was I and I ate at 9:00. I will hold out as later as I can today but not sure that I will make it without coffee. 2 dance shows tonight and she has to be there at 4:00. Likely won’t get done until around 8:00 and the tradition is ice cream. I can handle the calories today but I’ll likely celebrate with her (she is big into traditions) so the fasting will get messed up again. I think I will just call this weekend a break from fasting and start again on Monday. She has 2 more shows on Sunday, another rehearsal on Tuesday and 2 shows on Friday and 2 shows on Saturday. I will do my best to fast but it’s a little hard with so much going on outside of my normal routine. I will do my best though because I feel it is really helping me stay focused and this week should be a good loss.

I don’t think I would be able to keep going doing all that. Traditions are so important. COVID has messed up so many traditions over the last year and a bit. As for fasting, I don’t get my 16 hours on the weekend. Try to find some time to breathe.

I am ready to throw my scales out the door ... I am up another pound ... guess I should just drink water all day and nothing else ughhhhhhhhh

Hang in there!
    363days wrote: »
    @lmf1012 - I know just how you feel seeing all of those step counts! It's so hard for me not to compare myself with others but we do what we can do, right?? Great work to you and all of the high steppers.
    @beautyofdreams I hope it is your last skin graft and glad you are enjoying your new exercises.
    @lindamtuck2018 Wow, I love your NSV's and I see a lot of improvement there. In regards to weight loss, something I'm starting to take a look at is WHAT I'm eating, not just calories. I know there are foods that cause inflammation for me, and decreasing or taking these out of my diet might help me to lose. For me, it is nuts, dairy, breads, etc. The meal delivery service I've been using is great, I really like it, but I have been eating more of the pasta and breads. I'd like to know if you find that this might make any difference for you. It will be two weeks before I get back to no breads and pasta, due to stopping deliveries, but I'm anxious to see if it makes a difference for me.

363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    363 days weigh in
    PW 173
    CW 173
    I'm happy with this - I had two days of binging, and not so great the other days. I think the extra exercise has helped. I went to a new class at the Y called Cardio Blast. It seemed a lot like Zumba, but more exercises were in it and not so much of the "hip swaying sexy stuff" which I can't do anyway! I loved it - it is twice a week and I know it will get me to the gym. The other two days are zumba with friends. I had not been in about two months and one of the ladies looked at least a size smaller, if not more. I asked what she had been doing and it was 4 days a week of the zumba with some walking. It was cool to see how much that consistency had paid off for her.

Sometimes maintaining is good and this is one of them. Great job on all the exercise. I think finding something we really like is important. Once we do it sure makes it a lot easier. I have been playing with my diet in terms of finding what will stop me from binge eating and start losing. Once I get this done I will then fine tune what I am eating. I would love to eventually experiment with food to see if it helps with my inflammation.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 159.8
    CW 159.0
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 111 lbs
    LTD 164lbs

Steps for 6/11 9009

The farmers market was nice today. We usually go the closer one that's one Sunday mornings but we have plans tomorrow so we went to the one today. It was smaller than the other one but ended up buying some veggies, donuts for the kids and husband, and jalapeno mustard which I had never seen before but the sample was delicious. After we left, we decided to look for garage sales. I was hoping to find some clothes for the kids. No luck there, but they each picked out a couple of toys that they wanted so they are happy haha.

Busy weekend continues. In a couple of hours we are leaving for a house warming party. Then tomorrow morning my husband's mother and husband are coming for a visit. We are making lunch, grilled chicken thighs, fried yellow and sweet potatoes, salad, and homemade bread. They are bringing pineapple upside down cake. That afternoon/early evening the kids have their second swim lesson.

Nice loss! Have you decided on a goal weight? I love both markets and garage sales. Your lunch tomorrow sounds amazing.
This discussion has been closed.