Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Roger, yes! We do have a lot of amazingly high steppers here. Thank you,I thought the same here (about @amymartin555 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 walking towards one another). I thought if I could get to a goal of 1 1/2 hours, I'd be elated. Megan is in my head at 6:30 telling me to wake up and have coffee so that I can get in a longer walk.
    Roger during the beginning of the pandemic I made that soft loaf cake, I think it was called "jiggle cake". The kids saw the craze on YouTube and wanted to bake one. The kids and I ate the whole thing while trying to decide what it tasted it like.
    Terrific step day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» and that's while being in that awfully loud game room (you're a great dad, I do my best to get my kids to want to go almost anywhere else but there, too loud for this ol' lady). Another amazing calorie day for you, you're so good at moderating what you eat. πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»
    @rwood566
    I agree, about the banana cookie recipe being added to MFP, I would have thought it would have been calculated also. Did you like the cookies?

Wow, over 11,300 steps and a 4.5mile walk! Ok buddy, are you walking to see @amymartin555 and @Megan_smartiepants1970?? Amazing step day Roger!! Another low calorie day for you, great choice with the hot air popcorn. Thanks for the list of fun daily holiday πŸ˜„

@888Angie888
    Incredible high step day! Love seeing those inspirational numbers πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Over FOUR hours AGAIN! Do you see this Roger(@rwood566)?! Megan that's absolutely phenomenal πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» 25,000 steps and over 33,000 the day before! I'm sitting here at the kitchen table, at 6:45 in the morning (on a Saturday) having coffee feeling in awe of you.
    I'm glad you're taking the weekend to recuperate from walking to Washington and back πŸ˜†

@Beverly2Hansen
    That's an impressive list of high steps!! Every single day was over 12,000 with two days over 19,300 πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Another high step day on your dad's birthday, and ate at a deficit πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» well done hitting all of your goals including the 2 liters of water and walking almost 13,000 steps!

@rlaskey2
    Another terrific day of high steps! I'm sorry to hear about your toe and stomach pain. I hope the gel did the trick on your toe and your stomach feels better. Regarding posting here, do what you can, when you can. We are here to support one another πŸ€—

@Poobah1972
    You are an exercise detective, trying to figure out what the variable was. The rest of the workout sounded like it went really well. You and Lynn are doing incredible together!!

@Beautyofdreams
    SCORE! Love when I find deals like that.

@Tazaria87
    Well done today with all of your goalsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» HOW do you have energy to walk on the treadmill after you put the kids to bed? Once mine were down, I'd be done πŸ˜† Have fun at the farmers market with your mom and the kids.

@littleflutterby
    Look at that impressive list of stepsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» and how you were able to convince yourself to go for a walk, not just a walk a really, really long walk! πŸ€—

@Aqualang26
    Congratulations Laura on your loss πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@amymartin555
    Another incredibly high day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» over 30,200 steps! My legs hurt for you 🀣 that's amazing!

@roz0810
    What a great post to end on! Another over 10,000 stepper πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Well done!

Ok, drained my cup of coffee, and it's about 7:20. I need to get my booty out there and begin walking before it gets any later. Uh oh, I hear footsteps upstairs, someone is up. Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    You have a right to be pleased. Great job going on a long walk. It has been very hot and it is so hard want move. You went anyway!

@Aqualang26
    Nice loss! It’s great when we can actually see a reason for what is happening on the scale.

@amymartin555
    Another impressive day! You have to be burning serious calories.

@Beverly2Hansen
    Fantastic steps!

@rwood566
    Another awesome step day! Why can you walk before breakfast? I know I can’t go without coffee.

@TheresaM787
    Enjoy your walk!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    l09bydhspyfr.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018... I am missing steps for 6/10 I apologize if I missed it
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 and @rwood566 ..you two crack me up ...LOL At least I am in your head @TheresaM787 I am your walking drill Sargent ... now get moving ...walk walk walk do not stop until you are in California LOL LOL LOL
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 I like your idea of earning screen time. I never really thought of the danger, but when I got my glasses at Costco, they told me they put a protective element in the glasses for free for children, because so much screen time affects our eyes! On decluttering - I'm ALWAYS doing it and have boxes or stacks to put out! I've been trying to be more aware when I by something that I am bringing something into my house and ask myself if there is anything that can go. I just started reading the book The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning. Some things I may not actually get rid of, but I have sorted, wrapped, labeled and boxed some of my china for my daughter, for later. I always feel better after cleaning something out....even if it is just my freezer.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lmf1012 - I know just how you feel seeing all of those step counts! It's so hard for me not to compare myself with others but we do what we can do, right?? Great work to you and all of the high steppers.
    @beautyofdreams I hope it is your last skin graft and glad you are enjoying your new exercises.
    @lindamtuck2018 Wow, I love your NSV's and I see a lot of improvement there. In regards to weight loss, something I'm starting to take a look at is WHAT I'm eating, not just calories. I know there are foods that cause inflammation for me, and decreasing or taking these out of my diet might help me to lose. For me, it is nuts, dairy, breads, etc. The meal delivery service I've been using is great, I really like it, but I have been eating more of the pasta and breads. I'd like to know if you find that this might make any difference for you. It will be two weeks before I get back to no breads and pasta, due to stopping deliveries, but I'm anxious to see if it makes a difference for me.
  • 363days
    Options
    @amymartin555 Wow!!!!! I don't think I've ever done that, even with a fll day of hiking - good for you!!
  • 363days
    Options
    @rwood566 I love knowing what day it is - makes me smile! You doing a great job at your goals.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Glad you are able to getting back to the walking you love!
This discussion has been closed.